PDA

View Full Version : What do boosts do?

RNS79
09-23-2013, 11:09 AM
Hi all, I was just wondering what the scrip and loot boost do? Do they increase the amount of items you get dropped by 10% or the scrip you pick up 10% more which is confusing because 10% of 1 scrip is, well, nothing! It isn't very clear and I don't want to waste the bits I have bought.

MagellanD
09-23-2013, 11:29 AM
Hi all, I was just wondering what the scrip and loot boost do? Do they increase the amount of items you get dropped by 10% or the scrip you pick up 10% more which is confusing because 10% of 1 scrip is, well, nothing! It isn't very clear and I don't want to waste the bits I have bought.

Rule 1: Don't spend real money on anything from the store
Rule 2: If you ignore rule 1, at minimum don't buy boosts. the system is defected and imperfect you're never going to get your money's worth
Rule 3: seriously don't ignore rule 1. Hardly anyone can see your suits anyway because they all look like the standard survivalists most of the time anyway especially at arkfalls.
Rule 4: If you ignore all rules above and waste your real money on this shtako then at least know you've been warned.

SydSynister
09-23-2013, 11:50 AM

the scrip boost seems pretty worthless. I've tried it once, and there didn't seem to be an increase in scrip anywhere.

I do run a group loot boost fairly often, and I feel that one is worth it if you're into that sort of thing. There is a noticeable increase in dropped loot (I think the group one is 7%).

RNS79
09-23-2013, 11:55 AM
Thank you for the advice, I will play mainly open world and I co-op so loot boost it will be.

Maybe someone from the game could kindly clarify how the boosts work or to what effect? Thank you in advance

Obiwan
09-23-2013, 01:28 PM
I have never used the script boost, but do run the loot boost quite often now.

The loot boost increases the chance that loot will drop on a mob, not the chance of getting better loot.

(I think the group one is 7%).

The self boost is 10% and the group boost is 5%. (The 7% clan boost has never worked)

Example:
You kill the same mob 100 times and it has at standard 10% loot drop chance, you would get 10 pieces of loot.

You activate the self boost and group boost (Total + 15%). Kill that same mob 100 times and you would get 25 pieces of loot.

You activate the self boost and group boost and are in a group with 3 other people with group boost (Total + 30%). Kill that same mob 100 times and you would get 40 pieces of loot.

*The standard 10% drop rate I referenced is made up for the sake of this explanation.
*During a 25% loot bonus weekend you can get your boost percentage up to 55% !!!

Xaearth
09-23-2013, 02:41 PM
Thank you for the advice, I will play mainly open world and I co-op so loot boost it will be.

Maybe someone from the game could kindly clarify how the boosts work or to what effect? Thank you in advance

No one knows exactly how the boosts work. Not even the dev team.

Heh... Any other old timers remember when we all had loot boosts for that long period of time, then when they wore off, ammo drop rate from mobs became absolute shtako?

That was funny.