PDA

View Full Version : Burst mod in a Volge MK1 rifle..

Wizx13
09-23-2013, 12:20 PM
So I put a burst +3 mod in a fully auto weapon.. Dunno if this is how it was supposed to work but I like the double or triple shots all at one time when you shoot full auto :) The first clip in the video I shoot in semi auto, then in full auto watch the clip numbers drop 2-3 at a time in 1 shot.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k7Ela_6snYQ

Bentu
09-23-2013, 01:02 PM
And you still can't kill a chicken, what chance do you have with the Volge or anything else come to think of it?

Wizx13
09-23-2013, 01:02 PM
And you still can't kill a chicken, what chance do you have with the Volge or anything else come to think of it?

LOL Hes a Dark Matter Chicken...

Kibblehouse
09-23-2013, 01:11 PM
OMG do they have SHIELDS?!!!

NERF THE CHICKENS!!

Wizx13
09-23-2013, 03:12 PM
I don't know why people don't like this gun :(

And yes...chickens are OP

Bonehead
09-23-2013, 03:51 PM
dps is on the low side with the slow fire rate and the projectile speed is that of an overloaded bus going uphill with a flat tire. No fall off is good if your target will have a cup of coffee while it waits for the bullet.
It is fun for a while but I can take stuff down faster and better with most of the other weapons in the game.

I'm going to put a burst mod on it and play with it a bit more now though.If the mod ups the damage like it looks like it should from your video it should be quite the beast.

EDIT:
Okay after using the burst mod it's still meh.I think it's a bit better but it's hard to say.Holding full auto the mag empties after 11 shots so four of those should have double damage.
It is hard to quantify though at least for me. It seemed to take down a monarch in pretty short order with very few crits. The only way to get the advantage is to hold full auto on something big and slow enough to get the double hits to score and I do not know when the doubles happen if indeed they do at all.

Overtkill21
09-23-2013, 04:00 PM
dps is on the low side with the slow fire rate and the projectile speed is that of an overloaded bus going uphill with a flat tire. No fall off is good if your target will have a cup of coffee while it waits for the bullet.
It is fun for a while but I can take stuff down faster and better with most of the other weapons in the game.

I'm going to put a burst mod on it and play with it a bit more now though.If the mod ups the damage like it looks like it should from your video it should be quite the beast.

Honestly this is correct, the weapon is very lackluster. The projectile speed needs to be upped. Perhaps if/when they put the blue, purple, & orange ones in game they'll be better, but the current green one - meh.

Bentu
09-23-2013, 04:04 PM
I don't know why people don't like this gun :(

And yes...chickens are OP

I like the gun but it over cooks the chicken, thats why they're tough lol.

Wizx13
09-24-2013, 04:32 AM

EDIT:
Okay after using the burst mod it's still meh.I think it's a bit better but it's hard to say.Holding full auto the mag empties after 11 shots so four of those should have double damage.
It is hard to quantify though at least for me. It seemed to take down a monarch in pretty short order with very few crits. The only way to get the advantage is to hold full auto on something big and slow enough to get the double hits to score and I do not know when the doubles happen if indeed they do at all.

Hell bug ark fall is best place to see the double/triple hits. Shoot at the weak spot in the core the skitterlings make.

Old97
09-24-2013, 05:39 AM
The Volge LMG doesn't do any more damage over time than the now-nerfed SAW, but it does have the advantage of using a LOT less ammo to do it. So it's OK for those times when you might need to conserve ammunition, or want to use an SMG as a secondary weapon.

BTW, SMGs use PISTOL ammo, and I really wish that Trion would just get that right, and bump up the pistol max ammo loadout to 500.

Bonehead
09-24-2013, 05:51 PM
stock dps for the new saw is 2484 and for the volge lmg is down in the 1400 range.
As it stands now in game smg uses the same ammo pool as lmg and ar.