PDA

View Full Version : I lost so much respect for this game now

hey u
09-23-2013, 10:08 PM
1:41-1:43 he sips his shot of hard A come on now don't take a shot if you cant take a shot

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Sg702Sv45Y

Nefarious
09-23-2013, 10:24 PM
Ahhhhhhhh! Eaaahhhhh!

This is how the TV show should be. You see when the guys says at 2:25 "Everybody be cool" look at the gun in his left hand. VBI Assault Rifle. And just all the guns in this trailer in general, the looks and sounds of them. Where were those in the show?? E-rep in the show had M4s and crap.

Look at the rollers? Why weren't they in the show? All we got to see in the show was that damn buggy that everyone used.

And hellbugs killing ppl? That doesn't happen in the game, ever....srs, skitterlings are zero threat 100% of the time everytime. Archers are a just annoying. And Warriors are just moving road blocks. They are supposed to be the most fearsome creatures in Defiance yet they just come off as being normal wild life.

A skitterlings swarm should put ppl down. Archers should strafe around and be more allusive with their speed. And Warriors should be spamming burrow.

hey u
09-23-2013, 10:28 PM
How my dad taught me is you don't sip your shot and I would think by his response to the guy walking up to him that he would down his shot and not SIP IT???

Nefarious
09-23-2013, 10:31 PM
How my dad taught me is you don't sip your shot and I would think by his response to the guy walking up to him that he would down his shot and not SIP IT???

its an Irath thing.

crasher
09-23-2013, 11:28 PM
Regardless of what daddy said, maybe you need to be introduced to "Sippin' Whiskey"

otoh, maybe the swill he was served was lacquer thinner or kerosene.
Both of which can be confused with Slivovitz.
DAMHIKT.

Panthan
09-24-2013, 12:41 AM
Emm.. what is the hubub about this trailer now? Its a old trailer, wasnt it published on january the 30th?
And marked as Defiance Game Live Action Trailer - Join the Fight! .
They promoted it as game trailer, NOT the TV show trailer.
SO you kinna late for the party to "lose respect".

VicousBlood
09-24-2013, 01:29 AM
Added to my list of cheesy videos...

Bonehead
09-24-2013, 01:38 AM
back in the day if I was gonna shoot it, I'd put it in a shot glass.
If i was gonna sip it,and that's what I did all the time, I'd put a couple or three shots in a highball glass.
Not sayin it's right.
That's just what I did.

crasher
09-24-2013, 02:17 AM
back in the day if I was gonna shoot it, I'd put it in a shot glass.
If i was gonna sip it,and that's what I did all the time, I'd put a couple or three shots in a highball glass.
Not sayin it's right.
That's just what I did.
Many barrooms and taverns serve a shot in a shot glass for several reasons. Two of which are:
1.) Tradition. People have seen the movies, they know what to expect.
2.) It makes it easy to meter out and verify quantity. No 'short-shots' if the shooter is mostly full to the line or lip.

Neither of these two reasons are the cause or reason to 'shoot a shot'.

A boilermaker is (in many places) as shot of whiskey, in the shot glass, dropped into a mug of beer. Notice no shooting involved.

Whiskey can be sipped and savored from the bottle/jug/mason jar/glass or spigot from the still. Aint no rule here but the one you brought with you.

It's my game, who are you to tell me how to play the game I paid for?

It's my whiskey, who are you to tell me how to drink the whiskey I paid for?

See the similarity?

:)

Bonehead
09-24-2013, 02:18 AM
amen good sir or madame

duction
09-24-2013, 04:41 AM
If you buy a whisky here in the UK it comes in a glass, you usually have to ask for a shot glass if that's your thing.

Rumeyes
09-24-2013, 04:46 AM
1:41-1:43 he sips his shot of hard A come on now don't take a shot if you cant take a shot

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Sg702Sv45Y

Why loose respect? I still get a ****** when I see it, especially when the girl goes cloak (the menu in-eye I like as well, but Ive always been a sucker for silly movies like the Resident Evil ones so that shouldn't be a suprise).

What I don't understand is why everyone, is talking about hubs, and this clip actually shows the benefits of having a hub. A crappy bar where rowdy mercs, E-reps and ARK-hunters gather having survived another day.

The no death by hellbugs, well if you have never ressed, that's good for you, I for one actually have died a few times. The show gives the idea there is permadeath in the world of Defiance so just roll with it.

Whiskey? It's transparent. Could just as easily been Ketel 1 or some unknown alien beverage we don't know the name of.

Good trailer for an average game and average show. Please, Trion, pick it up.

Guys from MMO's like Rift even do a better job then you.