PDA

View Full Version : MMORPG interview with Trick

dahanese
09-25-2013, 09:50 AM
Hey guys,

MMORPG just published an interview with Trick. From all the feedback I've gotten on the latest live streams, you've liked hearing him talk - so hopefully you'll enjoy this (and it will help spark some questions for future streams.)

http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/game/602/feature/7804/Defiance-Committed-to-Improving-the-Game.html

Crystal Kitty
09-25-2013, 09:59 AM
sweet, more lies and "coming soon"/"were working on it"

question: will this DLC not make us feel like idiots for buying it?

hey u
09-25-2013, 10:08 AM
The thing that has been really irritating me is well back on 360 I had the perk maxed out and all for increased ammo drops. Back then I was saw 4 life but since the nerf I found a new gun and I remember few months back soo much ammo was dropping I remember making a post saying it almost needs to be nerfed down because so much ammo was dropping I had no fear/worry of running out of ammo.

Next I remember a week or so where the ammo was dropping worth crap and I along with other people voiced their complaints and seemed ever since then that the ammo drops are really odd. Some days it drops almost too much next few days will be CRAP on ammo drops.

Like some weeks ammo drops lots then next week crap for ammo or I like low on ammo and kill a ton of enemies and they don't drop any ammo at all for my primary weapon but always seems to give me ammo for my secondary weapon.

I still waiting for Defiance to define me as a gamer as it sits it's on its way I say Defiance is

As you said yes I know and have said you need to work on server stability and after that is figured out have a field day with the dlc content. Should add parts of the map/world that so insane hard crazy *** bosses that it would be so insanely hard to solo it that I would not want to do that but instead go and find people to join up with and go tackle the enemy.

hey u
09-25-2013, 10:20 AM
I reading that link you put in and how cool would it be if a class could take and set down an ammo box anywhere for them or other players to use. Support class of some sort. MEDIC!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gbqf201kkaM

Rumeyes
09-25-2013, 10:23 AM
Good interview, nothing new, but it's good Defiance gets some extra exposure, no?

Just don't read the comments :)

hey u
09-25-2013, 10:25 AM
Since in the end Trion needs to make money charge players to use/set down weapon caches any and everywhere they want to. Say like $1.50 to buy ammo box that I or anyone or anyone in my party could lay down but in the end Trion needs money so charge us to lay out the ammo box. Some kind of Convenience fee

marshy
09-25-2013, 10:29 AM
Hey guys,

MMORPG just published an interview with Trick. From all the feedback I've gotten on the latest live streams, you've liked hearing him talk - so hopefully you'll enjoy this (and it will help spark some questions for future streams.)

http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/game/602/feature/7804/Defiance-Committed-to-Improving-the-Game.html

TO LITTLE TO LATE
Lots of people have left the game and won't be returning because of crappy patches, false promises and lies upon lies TW tells the community.
Except this game for what it is and TRASH it

hey u
09-25-2013, 10:36 AM
I say they can make a come back. On my end things getting better. I still wake up everyday and say thank god to this.

I never did like this guy.

http://game-insider.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/DSC02070.jpg (http://www.google.com/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&frm=1&source=images&cd=&cad=rja&docid=9uInK5lNN2h-7M&tbnid=Y9iu6vQTcTZJFM:&ved=0CAUQjRw&url=http%3A%2F%2Fgame-insider.com%2F2012%2F10%2F11%2Ftrion-worlds-hires-veteran-online-exec-nathan-richardson-to-lead-defiance%2F&ei=SB5DUuOJBJCvigLL84DwAg&bvm=bv.53217764,d.cGE&psig=AFQjCNGDkoqSow8EcuPz489i_agimYsuZA&ust=1380216763975257)

But when I was about to give this game a few month break I read and saw him/this

http://community.defiance.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/Lena-560x373.jpg (http://www.google.com/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&frm=1&source=images&cd=&cad=rja&docid=vzabbq7GK-qgdM&tbnid=uDV9-i1qNVPc9M:&ved=0CAUQjRw&url=http%3A%2F%2Fcommunity.defiance.com%2Fen%2F201 3%2F07%2F23%2Fdev-blog-castithan-charge-pack-and-the-future-of-defiance%2F&ei=fB5DUtvJGKWdigK8pIGICw&bvm=bv.53217764,bs.1,d.cGE&psig=AFQjCNEosaVWD9V94L_IyftNUaTilEKBrw&ust=1380216824678049)

And I have continued to play and it has been lot better since he took the job or I read his post introducing himself while back

hey u
09-25-2013, 10:49 AM
TO LITTLE TO LATE
Lots of people have left the game and won't be returning because of crappy patches, false promises and lies upon lies TW tells the community.
Except this game for what it is and TRASH it

I still talk and know people who say they would hop back on just to SEE how much if at all better it was. IDK how that is with other people but 6-9 people right there I know would hop back on or go buy it back again to try it out.

N3gativeCr33p
09-25-2013, 11:23 AM
Just don't read the comments :)

But... but... those comments make reading all of that worthwhile. ;)

(And for the record, most of that interview sounded just like what I heard during last week's TW live stream...)

Dracian
09-25-2013, 11:24 AM
This is going in the right direction. I'll come back for DLC2 for sure. Can't tell if I'll stay, though.

Valdrane78
09-25-2013, 12:05 PM
It's going to take a bit more than a few interviews and promises for Trion to rebuild my confidence that they can handle this type of game. Currently they have a horrible track record, and I want to see them actually do what they say they will do, and make good on promises made months ago.

N3gativeCr33p
09-25-2013, 12:06 PM
It's going to take a bit more than a few interviews and promises for Trion to rebuild my confidence that they can handle this type of game. Currently they have a horrible track record, and I want to see them actually do what they say they will do, and make good on promises made months ago.

My thoughts exactly! Well said.

hey u
09-25-2013, 12:10 PM
Since in the end Trion needs to make money charge players to use/set down weapon caches any and everywhere they want to. Say like $1.50 to buy ammo box that I or anyone or anyone in my party could lay down but in the end Trion needs money so charge us to lay out the ammo box. Some kind of Convenience fee

Ok I gave it some more thought on this and if they were to charge me for the ammo box they would definitely have to buff up enemy health and make fights last longer. This crystal drop and it lasts till only wave 3-5 needs to END!!!! It should be to wave say 10-30 depending on what type of drop and with it with different intensity of enemies.

7-10 bucks just on that for a week I would prolly spend. Well depends on how hard and to the intensity of the waves/me buying the ammo box idea

Xtorma
09-25-2013, 01:15 PM
sweet, more lies and "coming soon"/"were working on it"

question: will this DLC not make us feel like idiots for buying it?

So please point out where in the interview this dev was lying. I'd like to know.

Xtorma
09-25-2013, 01:17 PM
Ok I gave it some more thought on this and if they were to charge me for the ammo box they would definitely have to buff up enemy health and make fights last longer. This crystal drop and it lasts till only wave 3-5 needs to END!!!! It should be to wave say 10-30 depending on what type of drop and with it with different intensity of enemies.

7-10 bucks just on that for a week I would prolly spend. Well depends on how hard and to the intensity of the waves/me buying the ammo box idea

I don't think it's a good idea to over-monetize the game man. leave in the gambling and boosts and leave it at that.

Crystal Kitty
09-25-2013, 01:22 PM
So please point out where in the interview this dev was lying. I'd like to know.

Didn't even look at it, im just going off what my situation with Trion has been for the last 7 months, since release.

Im done taking this company's word, on anything (I could quote more than 15 lies, from turrets on craptor, to episode missions each week, to co-op arenas, to legendary drop rates from mobs, etc..)

If they want my trust, which I gave them multiple times, they can now earn it, Christ, they need to earn SOMTHING.....

dahanese
09-25-2013, 01:43 PM
Didn't even look at it, im just going off what my situation with Trion has been for the last 7 months, since release.

Im done taking this company's word, on anything (I could quote more than 15 lies, from turrets on craptor, to episode missions each week, to co-op arenas, to legendary drop rates from mobs, etc..)

If they want my trust, which I gave them multiple times, they can now earn it, Christ, they need to earn SOMTHING.....

I entirely agree with you that we need to earn trust. I also want to come out and say that's a long, slow process and everyone here is committed to it.

I do ask you at least give us a shot and read what we have to say - it's going to be the best first start at earning back trust. You might hate everything in the article, but you won't know till you try!

And I'm also not going to promise that we'll never mess up again - but like I did with legendary drops, we'll admit it when it happens - and way sooner than in that instance.

Crystal Kitty
09-25-2013, 01:53 PM
I entirely agree with you that we need to earn trust. I also want to come out and say that's a long, slow process and everyone here is committed to it.

I do ask you at least give us a shot and read what we have to say - it's going to be the best first start at earning back trust. You might hate everything in the article, but you won't know till you try!

And I'm also not going to promise that we'll never mess up again - but like I did with legendary drops, we'll admit it when it happens - and way sooner than in that instance.

Very honest response...and fast...

glad to see the forums are at least better, thank you

MistressLiliana
09-25-2013, 01:55 PM
Does it bother anyone else that Trick spoiled the end game in the interview? I know most people have already beaten the base story line, but unfortunately I am not one of them as I have been stuck on a quest and spent the last month doing arkfalls and pursuits instead. Eventually I will get around to dragging someone to Mine 98 with me, I just can't kill the last guy with those stupid infinite droid respawns alone. It is cool to know the name of the boss at the end of major arkfall interiors though. Still, none of that matters until I can manage to actually play on the PS3 without getting booted or having to wait up to 5 minutes for my interface to catch up to me.

Valdrane78
09-25-2013, 01:57 PM

I'm still her eon the forums. Just because I will not support Trion in the form of giving you my money, doesn't mean I wont support Trion in other ways. I'm on the forums still after having stopped playing because I see how good this game can be. And I will voice my opinion as loud and as long as I see fit, on the mere chance that you guys see it, take it to heart and try to fix what was lost. When I stop posting here, is when you will know I have totally given up and gone my seperate way.

Trion has a long road ahead of them.

skepticck
09-25-2013, 02:03 PM

What he said.
For now all these interviews and all the talk on livestream are just that, talk, and we got a lot of that already since the beginning, so yea lets say i'll believe it when i see it, been burned too many times already.

Sanguinesun
09-25-2013, 02:04 PM
Article is primarily a rehash of what they've been saying for a few weeks now mostly. Its target audience really is for those that arent the wiser for the wear.

But as with anything said by them you just have to pay attention more to what they actually do versus what they say for fluff pieces like this one where the author at the beginning waxes on about "potential" of a game. That's the sort of malarky you say before a game is released really because 5 months after release, said "potential" is gone and squandered.

Synead
09-25-2013, 02:15 PM
i can't trust a man who legitimate glitch exploit in his last livestream.

Valentine
09-25-2013, 02:16 PM
Can we has a patch or two pweeze? It's been forever....

Cavadus
09-25-2013, 03:09 PM
Can we has a patch or two pweeze? It's been forever....

Yeah, we haven't even gotten any patches since the last DLC. I don't think anyone should be making any promises at this point.

All I care about is one question:

What will be fixed within the next 30 days?

ironcladtrash
09-25-2013, 03:47 PM
i can't trust a man who legitimate glitch exploit in his last livestream.

I am still trying hard to post anything that isn't simply @#%! Trion. They have been great to me in the past with some issues I had, but I am done trying to be nice to Trion. That was such an unbelievably bad response to cheaters I am still shocked. I can't believe they come out in support of blatant exploiting.

pooch83
09-25-2013, 05:44 PM

im sorry but....are you ret*rded lol?, if they charged "us" player base for stupid sh*t like that. the game would for sure hit rock bottom in a heart beat. this is really and truly a bad idea.

this is even a worse idea. for them to charge us ANYTHING for a incomplete, HUGE lack of content, lack of communication, lack of just about everything game. theres no chance in h*ll this would sit well with anyone. i honestly cant believe someone (you) thought this was a good idea lol.

this right here is why i like liz. in my eyes she has been the only one to step up and take the heat. so has taken heat in subjects that she doesnt even have any involvement in. i believe if there were more people like liz on the dev team, then sh*t might actually get done.

N3gativeCr33p
09-26-2013, 05:57 AM
What will be fixed within the next 30 days?

Sounds like a question that needs to be repeatedly asked during their next live stream... chances are it won't actually be answered, but I guess it's worth a shot.

hey u
09-26-2013, 05:06 PM
Well I Pull open my Defiance store and they charge for convenience and for boosts but as the game sits I don't spend my money on them. Buff up the health make the game more hard. Not everyone has to play the mode if it so hard don't play it.

I and people I know would drop down 10-30 bucks a week on boosts if done right

I not looking at the past or what Defiance is now I'm looking at the future