PDA

View Full Version : What an awful port.

ARustyFirePlace
04-02-2013, 03:11 AM
No option to disable vsync, no option for AA, directx 9 in 2013, awful mouse lag, textures that would look out of place in a game from 4 years ago, no FOV adjustment...

I'd hate to see what this game was like in beta, and as someone that likes Rift this game looks awful compared to it.

FizzyMyNizzy
04-02-2013, 03:38 AM
No option to disable vsync, no option for AA, directx 9 in 2013, awful mouse lag, textures that would look out of place in a game from 4 years ago, no FOV adjustment...

I'd hate to see what this game was like in beta, and as someone that likes Rift this game looks awful compared to it.

I disable sync just fine.

Raidenz
04-02-2013, 03:41 AM
I use sweetfx and nvidia inspector to improve the game, works well.

Saldrin
04-02-2013, 04:04 AM
I use sweetfx and nvidia inspector to improve the game, works well.

What inspector settings did you get to work and what flags did you use?

--I'm at work, just wondering before I get home.

Darqy
04-02-2013, 04:14 AM
sweetFX really makes the game look crisper! I agree! :D

Technodude
04-02-2013, 04:22 AM
SOE banned users who used SWEETFX in Planestside2. So i would be careful before using it in Defiance unless you get official word from devs.

I know that Funcom and Anet allows SWEETFX for their games not sure what is Trion's stance about it.

FizzyMyNizzy
04-02-2013, 04:43 AM
Some where in the video the Dev talk about sweetFX:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y1eoteGd1MY

I think as long as sweetFX doesn't make you have an upper than in game play. You should be fine. Example: Making some one cloak visible.

mapes
04-02-2013, 05:03 AM
I can't even access the settings at all, crashes every time I press Esc.

Soliex
04-02-2013, 05:07 AM
Game feels perfectly fine on my PC, I hardly changed any settings. Im having a blast playing. Im stuck at work right now ;(

ARustyFirePlace
04-02-2013, 05:08 AM
Game feels perfectly fine on my PC, I hardly changed any settings. Im having a blast playing. Im stuck at work right now ;(

Can you not read?

FizzyMyNizzy
04-02-2013, 05:10 AM

If you know a thing are two about AMD and Nvidia control panel setting. You could EASILY disable vsync by forcing it to be disable. I get 120-160fps on my GTX 670OC Edtion, and overclocked some more. I even max out all my graphics quality settings in the Nvidia control panel, even tho it depends on the game. But yes you could force disable vsync, I think AMD has 1 setting to for disable, but for Nvidia you have to set 2 settings.

If you are getting mouse lag.... try lowering your mouse report rating. The higher the mouse report rating the more cpu usage. This game use Havok Engine. Havok really loves to use the cpu. Havok owner is Intel.

I really don't get why people need FOV. This is more of a TPS, Gears of War style game play. imo.

katablade
04-02-2013, 05:15 AM
Can you not read?

It does not seem so. Call me when this game enters 2013.

adamaant
04-02-2013, 05:19 AM
It does not seem so. Call me when this game enters 2013.

What? Thanks for sharing.

tune
04-02-2013, 05:20 AM
Can you not read?

I'm guessing he can, would be hard to navigate the internet if you can't. Why are you interested anyway? Having some problems with reading yourself? I can help out if you need.

tune
04-02-2013, 05:21 AM
I really don't get why people need FOV. This is more of a TPS, Gears of War style game play. imo.

Sure, but a FoV slider woulds till be nice. I'd love to even zoom out a little bit more, feel too close to my character atm.

katablade
04-02-2013, 05:24 AM
What? Thanks for sharing.

The blue apple goes into the basket.

See I can say random things as well. How about we focus on the OP's topic?

FizzyMyNizzy
04-02-2013, 05:25 AM
Sure, but a FoV slider woulds till be nice. I'd love to even zoom out a little bit more, feel too close to my character atm.

True. I just sit backer. =D

FizzyMyNizzy
04-02-2013, 05:29 AM

Here is a picture to proof that I have over 60FPS.
http://s24.postimg.org/mobjt5wys/Defiance_2013_04_02_08_24_29_51.jpg

Technodude
04-02-2013, 05:31 AM
Here is a picture to proof that I have over 60FPS.

I have no idea why are you showing him your FPS? he didn't even mention it to begin with.

FizzyMyNizzy
04-02-2013, 05:39 AM
I have no idea why are you showing him your FPS? he didn't even mention it to begin with.

No option to disable vsync,

I guess I'm doing it for the joy of doing it.

http://i0.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/original/000/000/554/facepalm.jpg

I really need to get out of the forum.

Technodude
04-02-2013, 05:41 AM
I guess I'm doing it for the joy of doing it.

http://i0.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/original/000/000/554/facepalm.jpg

I think you are. By the way not everyone is well versed with PC's and fiddling with settings of their video cards. Most of the people are more comfortable with in game settings and that is all he asked for.

FizzyMyNizzy
04-02-2013, 05:47 AM
I think you are. By the way not everyone is well versed with PC's and fiddling with settings of their video cards. Most of the people are more comfortable with in game settings and that is all he asked for.

Clearly he knows a thing are two about computer. The way he whine and moan about the problems it has.

Clearly this guy knows graphics, game and hardware terms.

ARustyFirePlace
04-02-2013, 05:55 AM
If you know a thing are two about AMD and Nvidia control panel setting. You could EASILY disable vsync by forcing it to be disable. I get 120-160fps on my GTX 670OC Edtion, and overclocked some more. I even max out all my graphics quality settings in the Nvidia control panel, even tho it depends on the game. But yes you could force disable vsync, I think AMD has 1 setting to for disable, but for Nvidia you have to set 2 settings.

If you are getting mouse lag.... try lowering your mouse report rating. The higher the mouse report rating the more cpu usage. This game use Havok Engine. Havok really loves to use the cpu. Havok owner is Intel.

Never heard of a mouse report rating, where do I lower that?

After playing for a few more hours it's clear this game is no where near finished.

The A.I. is awful, the enemies all look the same and the story is awful.

There's hardly any RPG aspects either, there's like 4 abilities that hardly do anything.

This really feels like a game limited by consoles to me.

Thunderclap
04-02-2013, 05:56 AM
Port? Port suggests it was built for console and then adjusted for PC. No it was built for PC and console at the same time. Mouse lag you can change with the sensitivity option in the menu. Directx is dead according to Microsoft so no one cares about it. (honestly 12 is the last build. Its isolated to windows 8) Don't know what you were expecting but I think it looks good.

Technodude
04-02-2013, 05:58 AM
Port? Port suggests it was built for console and then adjusted for PC. No it was built for PC and console at the same time. Mouse lag you can change with the sensitivity option in the menu. Directx is dead according to Microsoft so no one cares about it. (honestly 12 is the last build. Its isolated to windows 8) Don't know what you were expecting but I think it looks good.

Doesn't matter for which system it was built first but one thing is clear the console port got preference over PC in terms of over all graphic settings and UI.

Thunderclap
04-02-2013, 05:59 AM
Never heard of a mouse report rating, where do I lower that?

After playing for a few more hours it's clear this game is no where near finished.

The A.I. is awful, the enemies all look the same and the story is awful.

There's hardly any RPG aspects either, there's like 4 abilities that hardly do anything.

This really feels like a game limited by consoles to me.

You grow with the abilities so they are weak to start. The story is tied to the show on syfy channel set to launch the 15th. First 15 minutes of the 2 hour pilot are already out.
And from what I have seen no the enemies aren't all the same.

Thunderclap
04-02-2013, 06:02 AM
Actually he did in the first post. I think he has a cheap computer with a weak video card and wants to blame the game.

ARustyFirePlace
04-02-2013, 06:03 AM
Port? Port suggests it was built for console and then adjusted for PC. No it was built for PC and console at the same time. Mouse lag you can change with the sensitivity option in the menu. Directx is dead according to Microsoft so no one cares about it. (honestly 12 is the last build. Its isolated to windows 8) Don't know what you were expecting but I think it looks good.AAHHAHA are you kidding me? This isn't a port?

Press escape and then you have to hold spacebar to access other menus....yeh not a port

Auto aim on by default.....made with PC in mind I'm sure.

ARustyFirePlace
04-02-2013, 06:03 AM
Actually he did in the first post. I think he has a cheap computer with a weak video card and wants to blame the game.

I have a gtx 570, 2500k @ 4.6, 8GB DDR3 @ 1600 and Windows 8 64-bit

Stop being a ****ing fanboy.

Thunderclap
04-02-2013, 06:04 AM
Doesn't matter for which system it was built first but one thing is clear the console port got preference over PC in terms of over all graphic settings and UI.
Well that should change when the next big console game comes out. Those will flee expect the hard core and then things will shift back towards PC more.

Thunderclap
04-02-2013, 06:05 AM

Then your problem is PEBKAC, sir.

FizzyMyNizzy
04-02-2013, 06:10 AM

See Technodude. He clearly has knowledge about computes. Look at that cpu overclock.

=========

Any way ARustyFirePlace, Since, you only play 5 min of the game and dislike it. There is nothing any one could do to help. I'm sure there are many more games for you to play. Try SimCity.

dirtyklingon
04-02-2013, 06:16 AM
i woner what le redit says abotu defiance today.

anyways, anyone who doesn't realize this is a console port is fooling themselves. some of the worst console ports in history have simul released on pc and console.

kid yourselves if you want, but realize you're not kidding anyone else.

ARustyFirePlace
04-02-2013, 06:18 AM
i woner what le redit says abotu defiance today.

anyways, anyone who doesn't realize this is a console port is fooling themselves. some of the worst console ports in history have simul released on pc and console.

kid yourselves if you want, but realize you're not kidding anyone else.

Leddit will probably hope on this games **** at some stage I'm sure.

Taaltos
04-02-2013, 06:21 AM
Ladies, LADIES! You're all very very pretty.

Spoonie
04-02-2013, 06:23 AM
I agree that the game is a little rough around the edges, but I'm happier with my SweetFX and Nvidia inspector settings - I even managed to get SLI to work a little. Obviously not optimised. I had to fix the 120hz thing first before I could even play the game, but the only thing left that the game really needs is a FOV slider, we'd have to be playing at like 55 at the moment - pretty ridiculous. I play multimonitor and would like the UI centred, but I'd LOVE FOV to be fixed. Or maybe some smart person out there can make a fix/find the config.

Schwa
04-02-2013, 06:23 AM
I'm all for being a part of the PC Gaming Master Race and stuff, but there's just some times when I simply accept a game's a port. This is one of those times.

That doesn't excuse the lack of push-to-talk, but... I can let much of the other stuff slide due to the quality of gameplay. As always, graphics are secondary to this.

ARustyFirePlace
04-02-2013, 06:24 AM
I'm all for being a part of the PC Gaming Master Race and stuff, but there's just some times when I simply accept a game's a port. This is one of those times.

That doesn't excuse the lack of push-to-talk, but... I can let much of the other stuff slide due to the quality of gameplay. As always, graphics are secondary to this.Yeh the gameplay is excellent, shooting a guy in the head while he stares blankly makes me reminisce of games like Deus Ex...

sgojraty
04-02-2013, 06:27 AM
How do you show FPS?

Taaltos
04-02-2013, 06:27 AM
The Push to Talk and the Chat Box is a huuuuuuge throw up in the mouth kick to the face.

PrinceCola
04-02-2013, 06:32 AM
May i ask how many GB the full game is?

dirtyklingon
04-02-2013, 06:33 AM
How do you show FPS?

i use fraps.

idk if there's an ingame OSD for fps, but my experience is largely that client based fps meters are unreliable.

Taaltos
04-02-2013, 06:34 AM
My Defiance folder on PC says 10.1GB.

DC Zero
I thought the game looked pretty good, much better than most mmo's. It also ran smoother than any mmo I've ever played. I didnt even notice a framerate drop when I was doing a major arkfall with probably 100 people and explosions all over my screen. I also didnt notice any mouse lag. I was very impressed with Trion after last night.

Smooth gameplay is more important to me than nice visuals and Trion definitely delivered.

dirtyklingon
May i ask how many GB the full game is?

install size is 10.4gb.

you'll need something like 24gb free to download and install though.

Phantasma
04-02-2013, 06:46 AM

If youre such a crybaby you could just have played the beta and figured out if this wasnt for you isntead of buying the game.

Norsixa
04-02-2013, 06:56 AM

I wonder if you actually played Rift when it was beta. Cause I did and I'd have a couple suprises for ya if ya didnt. Haha. xD

ARustyFirePlace
04-02-2013, 07:16 AM
I wonder if you actually played Rift when it was beta. Cause I did and I'd have a couple suprises for ya if ya didnt. Haha. xD

XDDDDDD

epic !!

Skip
04-02-2013, 09:35 AM
Rift is good other then the game engine sucks and no content :)

Sex
04-02-2013, 09:38 AM
Phantasma - You're making no sense. Beta tests are exactly for feedbacks, but none was taken and we're pretty much playing a beta version.

@OP - If you're using nvidia graphics card, you can add the game's .exe to NVCP and disable vsync there.

exxcess
04-02-2013, 09:44 AM
Phantasma - You're making no sense. Beta tests are exactly for feedbacks, but none was taken and we're pretty much playing a beta version.

Agreed! There has been no patch notes regarding a lot of the issues from the 'beta test' which in fact we are still playing and no one has been able to explain otherwise with solid changes/fixes.

There has also been a lack of information on Trion regarding any beta issues they are currently or planning to work on. Its understandable to keep the suspense up prior to launch but we are here... how about some communication with the customer base?

Aviator
04-02-2013, 12:05 PM
Any speculation/confirmation over the launch patch that was supposedly coming?

The current in-game UI is atrocious - it's painfully obvious that it was originally made for controllers & the parts that do use a mouse cursor often take way more steps than necessary/go against basic human nature.

The lack of more advanced in-game settings you'd expect to see in an MMO/Shooter is also a pretty big dissapointment.

I kind of doubt it's been updated for launch though, since Trion still has the job posting up looking for a UX designer that mentions PC specifically.

http://trionworlds.com/en/careers/san-diego/?ID=SF10728654

Also hasn't been any solid news on the 120Hz fix/culling fixes.

v1ctor
04-02-2013, 12:17 PM
Agreed. It's a pretty straight console port and a bad one at that. The game is still fun though.

Voidfox
04-02-2013, 12:18 PM
Agreed. It's a pretty straight console port and a bad one at that. The game is still fun though.

The UI and the friendlies/enemies pop-in are my biggest complaints so far. When the game works, it's fun.

ARustyFirePlace
04-03-2013, 09:11 AM
10/10 support gj

KodiakX
04-03-2013, 09:22 AM
My friend and I started our clan: Lazy Console Port.

:D