PDA

View Full Version : Defiance looks too much like STARWARS ??!??!??!

Astralon
09-25-2013, 03:49 PM
Okay, to be straight and honest, Defiance has a lot of stuff that remind of starwars:

If you see an arcfall from some distance,you 'll see a lot of blue, red, green, purple lasers (actually shots with coldfire, fire,radiation, siphon nanoeffects).
You have energy swords in various colors.
You have Sensoths who remind of wookies.
The EGO users could easily pass for Jedi if they wear a cowl.
All EMC soldiers look exactly the same (like clones do) and when in action, they all shout from time to time "For the Republiiiic"
Dark matter buildings looklike Sith buildings. Dark metal with RED trim lights.
Last but not least, you have Nim Shondu. He's pale, his face is like a collision of a car with a speeding train, and he's got a a RED sword, RED cybernetic eye, and lot of cybernetic shtako on his face. Oh and he's Eeeevooool!!

Now I dare you, name a game with so many similarities to starwars!!!

Shadow Andreas
09-25-2013, 03:55 PM

LOL.....the Star Wars games have a lot of that.....LOL :)

But seriously....you may have something there.....lets not forget that this is kind of a space western....which Star Wars was also!

Henyachingywhy
09-25-2013, 04:02 PM
Now if only we could deflect enemy "lasers" with our castithan blades.

3rdpig
09-25-2013, 04:05 PM
I've thought a lot of things about Defiance, but never it's similarity to Star Wars, at least not until they came out with the absurd charge swords. "Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster".

Wraieth
09-25-2013, 04:11 PM
I've thought a lot of things about Defiance, but never it's similarity to Star Wars, at least not until they came out with the absurd charge swords. "Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster".

Or an angry wookie 8)

Dandrielas
09-25-2013, 04:20 PM
Anything can look like anything if that theme is what your mind is set on. As for Defiance, it just looks like another Sci-Fi setting game to me. /shrug

Atticus Batman
09-25-2013, 05:06 PM
Okay, to be straight and honest, Defiance has a lot of stuff that remind of starwars:

If you see an arcfall from some distance,you 'll see a lot of blue, red, green, purple lasers (actually shots with coldfire, fire,radiation, siphon nanoeffects).
You have energy swords in various colors.
You have Sensoths who remind of wookies.
The EGO users could easily pass for Jedi if they wear a cowl.
All EMC soldiers look exactly the same (like clones do) and when in action, they all shout from time to time "For the Republiiiic"
Dark matter buildings looklike Sith buildings. Dark metal with RED trim lights.
Last but not least, you have Nim Shondu. He's pale, his face is like a collision of a car with a speeding train, and he's got a a RED sword, RED cybernetic eye, and lot of cybernetic shtako on his face. Oh and he's Eeeevooool!!

Spaceballs! Look in Torc's garage. He has the Winibegoh from Spaceballs in there!

Bonehead
09-25-2013, 06:00 PM
Ya know those dark matter guys do look a little borgey to me come to think of it.

Panthan
09-25-2013, 06:45 PM
Green lantern comes to mind, each corps has their own collor light based energy discharges and swords.
Anarchy online has some, so does WoW, how about city of heroes, if we are going for mmo's.
Technically speaking you could put Starcraft and even Halo in that catagory.
Anime's certainly are no stranger to the over all theme of things.
Heck we can even whip out wonderwoman.
Heck why stop there, even in RL we have various of collors of trace fire.

So yes it has simulairities but then again, we can pull Star wars appart in the very same fasion, lets face it, the things in it arent all that orginal to begin with.

Since we are on the topic.. certain collors Always have been associated with good and even when it comes to outfits.

hey u
09-25-2013, 07:26 PM
Until I read your post I had never thought of that. I say Defiance looks like Defiance and no way similar to STARWARS.

http://www.mechadamashii.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/section8_prejudice.jpg (http://www.google.com/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&frm=1&source=images&cd=&cad=rja&docid=a88vw7OKqbdfMM&tbnid=wfsj3Utbv-4XkM:&ved=0CAUQjRw&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.mechadamashii.com%2Fauthor%2F i-may-have-rabies%2F&ei=EpxDUvTMFeWciQKUuYD4BQ&bvm=bv.53217764,d.cGE&psig=AFQjCNHW2-GHyAGKnURC-oLKy2bx_OW3GQ&ust=1380248956770915)

Henyachingywhy
09-25-2013, 07:48 PM
Section 8 Prejudice... Awesome!

Yrkul
09-25-2013, 07:50 PM
Eh. That seems a bit..... forced.

Lorchra
09-26-2013, 12:10 AM
I think Defiance (and the Defiance universe) looks more like Fallout 3/Fallout New Vegas Online. Why?
- It is a post-apocalyptic environment;
- It has raiders just like Fallout 3;
- It has mutants, just like Fallout 3 (Biomen / Mutant Grenadier ~ Fallout Super Mutants);
- The show features a city that is trying to remain independent;
- Irathients = Great Khans;
- Nim Shondu's Dark Matter = Enclave;

It is not difficult to find analogies between Defiance and many popular movie (fantasy) themes and tropes.

hey u
09-26-2013, 12:17 AM
I think Defiance (and the Defiance universe) looks more like red faction guerrilla. If at all anything the feel of the gameplay seems in a way similar I always say to myself.

Vox Animus
09-26-2013, 09:31 AM
Funniest thing is after I read this post last night I had a dream about star wars, and yes I agree. When the charge blades came out I used to think about what's the closest my character can be to been a jedi/sith xD I got red blade, cowl.. and I am working on the rest but what would be awesome is a new electric based ego ability like siths like to use, and also a monitor shield ego ability. c: that's my opinion.

cybergirl007
09-26-2013, 10:00 AM
Spaceballs! Look in Torc's garage. He has the Winibegoh from Spaceballs in there!
Picture please

Call Me Gus
09-26-2013, 10:09 AM
I got a feeling this thread will be closed soon.

Cavadus
09-26-2013, 10:10 AM
Section 8 Prejudice... Awesome!

What a fantastic game. I think I'll spin it up tonight and play for awhile.

Now that is a franchise worth making an MMO out of.

Injury
09-26-2013, 10:20 AM
What about Chess? It looks like Checkers. Really, some of the pieces are even black in both games. The playing board is the same and everything.

N3gativeCr33p
09-26-2013, 10:43 AM
Picture please

I'll try to upload one later today, can't find one after doing an image search over the 'net. But I know he's right, I've seen it in there myself.

PseudoCool
09-26-2013, 10:51 AM
I just "gave birth" to what appears to be a baby hellbug. Perhaps that means I'm playing too much Defiance.. or perhaps I'm just looking for something that really isn't there.. I dunno.. :)

PunkMaister
09-26-2013, 12:40 PM
The charge blades operate identically to lightsabers so in that regard they are similar but Star Wars takes place in space not on Earth as Defiance does.

N3gativeCr33p
09-26-2013, 01:01 PM
The charge blades operate identically to lightsabers so in that regard they are similar but Star Wars takes place in space not on Earth as Defiance does.

Mind. Blown.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-3jzXjMq7kvg/TmwCAp9Dw6I/AAAAAAAAAKo/pQ5EATa7hp8/s400/Scanners.gif

Atticus Batman
09-26-2013, 06:59 PM
Picture please

Here you go.

Torc's Garage:
http://en.defiance-wiki.com/wiki/images/0/0f/Overland_repaired.png

Spaceballs Winnebego:
http://www.imcdb.org/i014240.jpg

PunkMaister
09-27-2013, 05:14 PM
Mind. Blown.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-3jzXjMq7kvg/TmwCAp9Dw6I/AAAAAAAAAKo/pQ5EATa7hp8/s400/Scanners.gif

Scanners! That movie scared the bat**** out of me...