PDA

View Full Version : The Marvellous and Amazing Story of That Guy, Trion and Alberto Contador

Dracian
09-26-2013, 04:28 AM
Come here, Sonny. Come. Gramps' gonna tell you a story. Mmm ? Of course it's a real story that really happened. No fairy tale here, I swear I have invented nothing... That story is called...

The Marvellous and Amazing Story Of
That Guy, Trion and Alberto Contador
Legit players, other abusers, Trick Dempsey and the UCI are also involved, but that would have made a too long title.

So... How this story started ?

Ha ! It started with... well, someone I can't tell the name. Yes, it is forbidden to reveal some people's names, especially if those people have made bad things. So let's call this person "That Guy".

That Guy was a very regular player of Defiance. He really enjoyed the game and tried to complete all objectives and reach EGO 5000. He wanted to prove himself and all the other players that he was an elite arkhunter. These days, he was mostly playing PvP in order to validate some of the toughest objectives. But that was really painful : That Guy didn't really like PvP, he played it because he had to, but if he could, he wouldn't. It was too fast, some players were too skilled (or cheated too much) and he was downed too much time.

One day, after being top-score in a Major Arkfall, he was rewarded with a very strange weapon. It didn't looked particularly exceptionnal, but when That Guy used it, he felt some kind of Force flowing in his veins... He felt like an invulnerable god.

And he was ! When playing with that weapon, he was almost always topping the scoreboard, with a decent amount of kills and very few deaths. Sometimes, he even managed to do perfect games. Skilled players (cheaters) were not anymore a threat for him. He was now a 1337. So he kept on playing with that weapon.

"Hehe, after all, PvP is really entertaining when you're not in the depths of the scoreboard", he thought.

However, what That Guy didn't know was that weapon was glitched and was giving him an unfair advantage over other players. And those players (legit, if needed to clarify), seeing that, started to report That Guy. They were doing vids proving That Guy was abusing a glitch, even if it was unknowingly. They complained on the official Forums.

But Trion did nothing.

And during this time more and more players like That Guy were caught abusing that invulnerability glitch. And all these players were reported too.

But Trion kept on doing nothing.

Until a certain livestream. During that livestream, some legit players kept on asking why nothing was done against That Guy and other players abusing invulnerability and damage reduction glitch. And finally, Trick Dempsey, from Trion, answered. Because the glitch could be involuntary and unknowingly triggered...

There would be absolutely no sanction

That was a shock for all legit players. They couldn't believe their eyes, hears or whatever other sensory organ. For them, abusing glitches, even unknowingly, should have led to a sanction, as it is in almost all other games. But no. Trion didn't saw things like that.

So That Guy and the other abusers kept on playing with their glitched weapons. But over the time something strange happenned : whereas previously there were plenty of players in PvP, there was now just a handful of them at most... And all of them using glitched weapons. Every single legit player had left the game, shocked by Trion's decision not to do anything against glitchers.

And finally, glitchers themselves lost interest in the game and finally quit it. And because everybody knew that Trion didn't want to do anything against exploiters, people stopped playing Trion's games, Trion went bankrupt, every employee lost their jobs and Defiance servers closed.

THE END

What ? Oh yes ! Alberto Contador... I was about to forget him.

Alberto Contador was a famous Spanish cyclist, who won multiple races and Tours, including the Giro d'Italia, the Vuelta a Espaņa and the Tour De France. He was a great Climber and a very good Time Trial Racer.

What's the relevance with the Story ? Rhaaa, be patient, sonny !

One day, in 2010, Alberto Contador was tested positive to a doping substance : the clenbuterol. Contador said it was impossible, he was clean. He claimed that if he was trully positive, that could only have been because of involunteer food contamination. Never he would have knowingly cheated.

But the Anti-doping agencies and the UCI didn't care. They wanted cyclism to be a clean sport. After the Festina Scandal during the 1998 Tour De France, there was absolutely no way they could tolerate any kind of doping, volunteer of not. So they sent Contador's explainations to hell and didn't care about the fact that it could have been an involunteer or unknowingly doping : after further investigations they sentenced Contador to a retroactive 2 year ban from all competition, thus resulting in the loss of the 2010 Tour De France and 2011 Giro d'Italia victories (as well as some other victories in minor races).

Contador returned to competition after the ban in 2012 and won the 2012 Vuelta a Espaņa. Unless he's once again tested positive, he's clean, right now.

And now, do you see the relevance, sonny ? That Guy or Contador, no matter if it is involunteerly or unknowingly, if someone cheats or exploit glitches in order to gain an unfair advantage over other players, there has to be a sanction. Unless you want to see abusers and cheaters rule and finally ruin the game...

drackiller
09-26-2013, 04:52 AM
Come here, Sonny. Come. Gramps' gonna tell you a story. Mmm ? Of course it's a real story that really happened. No fairy tale here, I swear I have invented nothing... That story is called...

The Marvellous and Amazing Story Of
That Guy, Trion and Alberto Contador
Legit players, other abusers, Trick Dempsey and the UCI are also involved, but that would have made a too long title.

So... How this story started ?

Ha ! It started with... well, someone I can't tell the name. Yes, it is forbidden to reveal some people's names, especially if those people have made bad things. So let's call this person "That Guy".

That Guy was a very regular player of Defiance. He really enjoyed the game and tried to complete all objectives and reach EGO 5000. He wanted to prove himself and all the other players that he was an elite arkhunter. These days, he was mostly playing PvP in order to validate some of the toughest objectives. But that was really painful : That Guy didn't really like PvP, he played it because he had to, but if he could, he wouldn't. It was too fast, some players were too skilled (or cheated too much) and he was downed too much time.

One day, after being top-score in a Major Arkfall, he was rewarded with a very strange weapon. It didn't looked particularly exceptionnal, but when That Guy used it, he felt some kind of Force flowing in his veins... He felt like an invulnerable god.

And he was ! When playing with that weapon, he was almost always topping the scoreboard, with a decent amount of kills and very few deaths. Sometimes, he even managed to do perfect games. Skilled players (cheaters) were not anymore a threat for him. He was now a 1337. So he kept on playing with that weapon.

"Hehe, after all, PvP is really entertaining when you're not in the depths of the scoreboard", he thought.

However, what That Guy didn't know was that weapon was glitched and was giving him an unfair advantage over other players. And those players (legit, if needed to clarify), seeing that, started to report That Guy. They were doing vids proving That Guy was abusing a glitch, even if it was unknowingly. They complained on the official Forums.

But Trion did nothing.

And during this time more and more players like That Guy were caught abusing that invulnerability glitch. And all these players were reported too.

But Trion kept on doing nothing.

Until a certain livestream. During that livestream, some legit players kept on asking why nothing was done against That Guy and other players abusing invulnerability and damage reduction glitch. And finally, Trick Dempsey, from Trion, answered. Because the glitch could be involuntary and unknowingly triggered...

There would be absolutely no sanction

That was a shock for all legit players. They couldn't believe their eyes, hears or whatever other sensory organ. For them, abusing glitches, even unknowingly, should have led to a sanction, as it is in almost all other games. But no. Trion didn't saw things like that.

So That Guy and the other abusers kept on playing with their glitched weapons. But over the time something strange happenned : whereas previously there were plenty of players in PvP, there was now just a handful of them at most... And all of them using glitched weapons. Every single legit player had left the game, shocked by Trion's decision not to do anything against glitchers.

And finally, glitchers themselves lost interest in the game and finally quit it. And because everybody knew that Trion didn't want to do anything against exploiters, people stopped playing Trion's games, Trion went bankrupt, every employee lost their jobs and Defiance servers closed.

THE END

What ? Oh yes ! Alberto Contador... I was about to forget him.

Alberto Contador was a famous Spanish cyclist, who won multiple races and Tours, including the Giro d'Italia, the Vuelta a Espaņa and the Tour De France. He was a great Climber and a very good Time Trial Racer.

What's the relevance with the Story ? Rhaaa, be patient, sonny !

One day, in 2010, Alberto Contador was tested positive to a doping substance : the clenbuterol. Contador said it was impossible, he was clean. He claimed that if he was trully positive, that could only have been because of involunteer food contamination. Never he would have knowingly cheated.

But the Anti-doping agencies and the UCI didn't care. They wanted cyclism to be a clean sport. After the Festina Scandal during the 1998 Tour De France, there was absolutely no way they could tolerate any kind of doping, volunteer of not. So they sent Contador's explainations to hell and didn't care about the fact that it could have been an involunteer or unknowingly doping : after further investigations they sentenced Contador to a retroactive 2 year ban from all competition, thus resulting in the loss of the 2010 Tour De France and 2011 Giro d'Italia victories (as well as some other victories in minor races).

Contador returned to competition after the ban in 2012 and won the 2012 Vuelta a Espaņa. Unless he's once again tested positive, he's clean, right now.

And now, do you see the relevance, sonny ? That Guy or Contador, no matter if it is involunteerly or unknowingly, if someone cheats or exploit glitches in order to gain an unfair advantage over other players, there has to be a sanction. Unless you want to see abusers and cheaters rule and finally ruin the game...

Nice story man but i don`t agree with you.
If some one is using a glitch not knowing , they should get a sistem warning and if after that they persist, then i agree that punishment is well deserved.

Comparing this to ciclism, sorry...meh, ciclism is no example in the world of sports, every year there are new substances and methodes they use to fool the sistem.
But the inocents shouldn`t pay for the sins of others... It is scientifically proved that some human beeings can produce naturally some of those substances that are considered forbiden, but what fault has that person that NATURE made just better !?

ironcladtrash
09-26-2013, 05:40 AM
A whole lot of awesome text!!!!

I can't find my standing ovation button. Much better then my wall of profanity I have been tempted to write. There has been so much damage done I don't think anything can salvage the situation short of an apology from Trick, banning and/or suspending the players, and immediate fix to the problem. A lot of players already left. For myself I am just waiting for a few upcoming releases.

Rumeyes
09-26-2013, 06:16 AM
Nice story man but i don`t agree with you. If some one is using a glitch not knowing , they should get a sistem warning and if after that they persist, then i agree that punishment is well deserved.

The whole idea of exploiting is using a glitch to gain unfair advantage over the other guy. You can't tell me pvp'ers are using a specific weapon/shield combo while not knowing what be a possible result of that loadout.

rydda
09-26-2013, 06:17 AM
"Trion went bankrupt, every employee lost their jobs and Defiance servers closed."

So did some one take over an turn on the servers by the way if been on from day one.
Sorry I seem to be a little confused about this last part.
As far as I can see we are still online.