PDA

View Full Version : Full Screen Windowed Mode

Laughter
04-02-2013, 03:23 AM
Searched around to see if I could find a thread on this already, no such luck.

I can't seem to find a Full Screen Windowed mode option if there is one. But going to go with a "no."I would love for this to be added in and wondering if anyone else also prefers to play in in Full Screen Windowed?

Any word on if it will be added?

Spencley
04-02-2013, 03:25 AM
Do we have access to more advanced options through the INI? Can't find it anywhere :(

Have you tried pushing "ALT+ENTER" to get windowed then click the maximize button in that window?

djin
04-02-2013, 03:26 AM
Maybe, but for now you can go to thise

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums//showthread.php?t=2675769

Also, what Spencley said, maximize the window. After you do that, then do the windowborderless fix and change the resolution. Should work. It's working perfectly for me.

Laughter
04-02-2013, 03:52 AM
If you mean by setting it to windowed then hitting alt+enter. It appears to go Full Screen Windowed but doesn't act that way. Still minimizes the window down when tabbing to my other screen instead of leaving it up.

MacDeath
04-02-2013, 03:55 AM
There is no Full Screen Windowed mode supported. You can play in full screen OR windowed mode today. People have been asking for FSW for months.

Laughter
04-02-2013, 03:58 AM
There is no Full Screen Windowed mode supported. You can play in full screen OR windowed mode today. People have been asking for FSW for months.

As far as I know it was in beta but they removed it for live.

djin
04-02-2013, 03:58 AM
Here's what I did to get a window borderless game.

1. Download that program via link I provided.
2. Open that file and run program.
3. Run game (Make sure you are completely out of the patcher and game and go from there, sometimes you get connection problems depending)
4. Hit Alt+Enter
5. Maximize the window. You can easily do this by clicking the taskbar so you can free your mouse and then maximize it.
6. Click icon on the new program and click add window. It might lag a bit.
7. Click into the game and hit F3.
8. More lag, just wait it out.
9. Click the icon from that program again and open settings. Make sure Defiance is selected. Set resolution. Hit Apply. More lag.
10. Enter game, lots more lag.
11. Finally, lag free borderless window

Laughter
04-02-2013, 04:03 AM
Here's what I did to get a window borderless game.

1. Download that program via link I provided.
2. Open that file and run program.
3. Run game (Make sure you are completely out of the patcher and game and go from there, sometimes you get connection problems depending)
4. Hit Alt+Enter
5. Maximize the window. You can easily do this by clicking the taskbar so you can free your mouse and then maximize it.
6. Click icon on the new program and click add window. It might lag a bit.
7. Click into the game and hit F3.
8. More lag, just wait it out.
9. Click the icon from that program again and open settings. Make sure Defiance is selected. Set resolution. Hit Apply. More lag.
10. Enter game, lots more lag.
11. Finally, lag free borderless window

I'll try it. I use to have another program I used for FFXIV but have forgotten the name of it. So perhaps this will do the job. :D

Laughter
04-02-2013, 04:14 AM
AH, here it is. I used this program with FFXIV. Going to see if it works with Defiance.

http://grismar.net/shiftwindow/

djin
04-02-2013, 04:28 AM
I'll check it out to see if that one is easier to use. Does it work at all?

Taaltos
04-02-2013, 04:30 AM
Full Screen Windowed tends to not work well in Shooter types, at least not on Dual Monitors. The mouse love to just move on over to the other window when trying to aim and what not.

Laughter
04-02-2013, 04:32 AM
I'll check it out to see if that one is easier to use. Does it work at all?

I will let you know when I have a chance to log on in about 15 min. unless you're already on.

djin
04-02-2013, 04:33 AM
I'm running my fix atm with the borderless window. I'll try out yours in a sec.

Edit* - I've used this program before. Never had success for some other game, can't remember which one. I'll try it now.

Laughter
04-02-2013, 04:36 AM
I'm running my fix atm with the borderless window. I'll try out yours in a sec.

Edit* - I've used this program before. Never had success for some other game, can't remember which one. I'll try it now.

Awesome. I got this crazy idea to reinstall the game using Steam this morning. So just waiting on that to finish downloading. Thankfully, it took me about 20 min. so far. So not too bad.

djin
04-02-2013, 04:49 AM
Okay! So I'm using it, but it's kinda weird. First, the window is shifted and the taskbar is on top of the game. Unless I'm not doing something right?

Laughter
04-02-2013, 04:53 AM
Okay! So I'm using it, but it's kinda weird. First, the window is shifted and the taskbar is on top of the game. Unless I'm not doing something right?

Is it actually triggering for you? It won't for me.

djin
04-02-2013, 04:57 AM
Yes, you need to choose the Defience Client ####### thing. There might be a couple titles of Defiance on there.

Laughter
04-02-2013, 04:58 AM
Yes, you need to choose the Defience Client ####### thing. There might be a couple titles of Defiance on there.

Yep. I did that and it isn't triggering. D: Le sigh!

djin
04-02-2013, 05:00 AM
There's hope!! Try the method I shared to you. Maybe the light on the other side of the rainbow is accessible!!

Maybe try running it in administrator mode?

djin
04-02-2013, 05:01 AM
Oh, and are you supposed to be in windowed mode already for this?

Laughter
04-02-2013, 05:16 AM
Oh, and are you supposed to be in windowed mode already for this?

Yep. Were you in full screen? >.<

djin
04-02-2013, 05:18 AM
No :( I put it in windowed mode. It works...sorta. Did you try my method and see if that works? It was working very nice for me.