PDA

View Full Version : Question on Steam Install

Defy
04-02-2013, 03:26 AM
I bought the game on steam and downloaded client from Trion

I notice now in my library on steam there is an "Install" button

Do I need to install it on steam or can I just use Trion client?

FizzyMyNizzy
04-02-2013, 03:27 AM

both the same patcher.

Shadewolfe
04-02-2013, 03:49 AM
I found it easier to just download the patcher via the Defiance website. Not going to run Steam unless I absolutely have to.

HooDoo
04-02-2013, 03:59 AM
I am not a big Steam user but I know if you instal via Trion's site and then you click install in Steam your going to have the whole game installed twice on your hard drive. Also not sure of how to get the social overlay stuff to work but like I said I don't ever use Steam for anything really.

MrLostAlex
04-02-2013, 04:57 AM
I am not a big Steam user but I know if you instal via Trion's site and then you click install in Steam your going to have the whole game installed twice on your hard drive. Also not sure of how to get the social overlay stuff to work but like I said I don't ever use Steam for anything really.

Steam only downloads the patcher/launcher, not the entire game.

Taaltos
04-02-2013, 05:00 AM
Aye, steam online downloads patcher, but, to use with Steam and its overlay and all that, you'll need to run the patcher again through Steam. *shrug*

That's what I had to do.

FizzyMyNizzy
04-02-2013, 05:06 AM

This is what you do Defy, if you already installed and fully download the Trion patcher/client.
Go to steam. Hit install. Log in to that steam patcher once, hit update for couple of sec. and then close everything even steam.
Copy the Trion Defiance folder to your "Steam\steamapps\common"(mine is different, since i put steam on my D drive.) replace all the files.
Now, start up steam, and play defiance. You could use the Defiance short that steam made, and start the game from there.

If you haven't pre-load the game before. If you really want it on steam. Yea just use the steam download. Is the same patcher/client.