Stuff I miss
Selling guns at ammo box...

murdoc8592
09-26-2013, 03:30 PM
i miss everyone's great attitudes before frustration with this game set in

JPlay
09-26-2013, 03:54 PM

If I didn't have a mortgage...car payment... or a 7 year old... I would of gave up on this game a long time ago

Overtkill21
09-26-2013, 04:00 PM

I miss that too, you shoulda seen us take on the Defiance haters back in April...we were pretty awesome Defiance Troll Busters.

But you know, you either die a hero or live long enough to see yourself become the villain.

Xtorma
09-26-2013, 04:03 PM
I miss that too, you shoulda seen us take on the Defiance haters back in April...we were pretty awesome Defiance Troll Busters.

But you know, you either die a hero or live long enough to see yourself become the villain.

Heroes live also.

Holy Bahamut3
09-26-2013, 04:10 PM
I miss shotguns being actually useful tactically.

Overtkill21
09-26-2013, 04:11 PM
I miss shotguns being actually useful tactically.

I remember that - it was only like a couple weeks in and bam - remember the Berserker? LOL

It was a fantastic shotty.

Arcisen
09-26-2013, 04:16 PM
I got a month left in me if that.....

Post things you miss now that they changed
or things you'll miss when you stop playing

i plan on selling my ps3 within the next 3-4 weeks to get ready for ps4 so yeah if defiance does not make a cross over to ps4 (which i dont think will happen, will cost trion more money on a dead horse) the next month will be my last playing the game (even tho i have a season pass) trying to get the echelon to trusted for the platinum trophy ...

hey u
09-26-2013, 04:18 PM
It been a bumpy road but I do not miss the old days at all. I really did not like Nathan Richardson but I have lots of faith in Chris Lena and since his post introducing himself while back things are getting worked on and fixed but working in the right direction I say.

ahh April I remember saying "this game will fail" posts and venting my anger 1 too many times but I say the good days are yet to come!!!

Holy Bahamut3
09-26-2013, 04:22 PM
I remember that - it was only like a couple weeks in and bam - remember the Berserker? LOL

It was a fantastic shotty.

I know right, I only got to enjoy It for a couple of days. I found one then they nerfed it. Go figure

Overtkill21
09-26-2013, 04:25 PM
I know right, I only got to enjoy It for a couple of days. I found one then they nerfed it. Go figure

You could level enemies with the Berserker - and god forbid we ever got to experience a Grenadier one (for the later folk - it was nerfed too early when mod synergies didn't even exist - well at least not the mods.)

Mr Reloaded
09-26-2013, 04:26 PM
I miss not having to que for ages in hope for a game of PvP.
I miss not having to que for ages for Co-op.
I miss having people everywhere whatever the time.

Over 2 gamertags I have 100% the game twice! As much as i enjoy the game, my highlight being getting a legendary VBI AR from a dark matter arkfall. I'm checking out for the last time and before anyone asks, all my loot has been handed out fairly!

HELL MAMA
09-26-2013, 04:31 PM
i really miss back when i cared.

Overtkill21
09-26-2013, 04:52 PM
i really miss back when i cared.

^^^Truth^^^

Arsenic_Touch
09-26-2013, 05:01 PM
When "This is just a beta" actually meant something.
When "The beta is only a fraction of the game"
When we used to get weekly blog updates from the guy in charge.

Overtkill21
09-26-2013, 05:08 PM
Remember back when an announcement, like that Tier IV lockbox announcement they just made, would have more than 5 replies and 88 views?

JPlay
09-26-2013, 05:11 PM
Keep them coming
All good posts

hygh
09-26-2013, 05:43 PM
I miss the large amount of people with mics playing. if you play and have a mic use it, but don't breath into it please. also miss the first month where you could get a purple weapon from a crystal at a major arkfall, you know before the hellion showed up.

JPlay
09-26-2013, 05:50 PM
Good one
I miss the purple good shields.... I still use them

hygh
09-26-2013, 05:56 PM
same. made me a lot of salvage and scrip for those.

AmnesiaHaze
09-26-2013, 06:10 PM
i remember the good old days when emergencies gave keys which motivated me to actually do em , also mine 99 ... good times

hygh
09-26-2013, 06:14 PM
anyboby that agrees with Amnesias statement, please say I do, I really miss those.

Hiero Glyph
09-26-2013, 06:20 PM

It's funny what you can see when you finally take the blinders off. Sure, you can glorify your defense of Defiance but the game was entirely mismanaged from the start, due to obvious reasons given what happened to (most of) the development team. Defiance Troll Busters... so what do you call it when the trolls were right?

hygh
09-26-2013, 06:34 PM
trolls are never right. they are the people that complain that they game isn't the way they want it (them winning all the time), the people that complain about somebody esle's weapon being stronger then theirs own even though the person worked hard to make their weapon powerful, the ones that complain to get good things removed, and the people that used to drive their vehicle at an arkfall.

JPlay
09-26-2013, 06:37 PM
Yaaa
I remember when people would just drive in circles at the ark falls

Atticus Batman
09-26-2013, 06:37 PM
Heroes live also.

Yes but we are becoming a rarity and I am afraid soon to be extinct. Sometimes I fear I am the last, though several consider me more of an anti-hero.

Lillith Valerian
09-26-2013, 06:42 PM
i remember the good old days when emergencies gave keys which motivated me to actually do em , also mine 99 ... good times

GAH!!! Emergencies used to give keys?!?

You mean they had a purpose other than unwanted, invisible Volge annoyances that spawn in the middle of the road and drop you on your way to something you *want* to do?

*bangs head against keyboard*

Holy Bahamut3
09-26-2013, 06:55 PM
Yeah I vaguely remember something like that. Like right after game release. Didn't get to enjoy it much due to all of the lag.

shadowdjv
09-26-2013, 06:58 PM
Whats funny to me is everyone was complained about the high prices but atleast when prices was high the market was stable. Today the market is garbage and tomorrow it will be worse. They have made tier 4's even easier to pull legendary guns when the market is already flooded with legends. The forums have become noob haven selling there purps, blues, and anything else knowone wants.

Trion needs to figure out that there is two types of players in this game. They have not figured out how to please either.
1 the people who actually play the game
2 the buyers and sellers

shadowdjv
09-26-2013, 07:05 PM
Whats funny to me is everyone was complained about the high prices but atleast when prices was high the market was stable. Today the market is garbage and tomorrow it will be worse. They have made tier 4's even easier to pull legendary guns when the market is already flooded with legends. The forums have become noob haven selling there purps, blues, and anything else knowone wants.

Trion needs to figure out that there is two types of players in this game. They have not figured out how to please either.
1 the people who actually play the game
2 the buyers and sellers

To add I miss all the friends who use to play this game
I miss a steady market for guns

hygh
09-26-2013, 07:25 PM
GAH!!! Emergencies used to give keys?!?

You mean they had a purpose other than unwanted, invisible Volge annoyances that spawn in the middle of the road and drop you on your way to something you *want* to do?

*bangs head against keyboard*

this was before volge incursions

hardy83
09-26-2013, 07:47 PM
I still enjoy the game. lol

Some of the bugs were funny though. I guess I miss some of those.

Though I don't play much now a days, but I can't really play a game for hours on end without it just not being enjoyable. I don't know how people can play games like Call of Duty for hundreds of hours and not get sick of the game.

the best of the best
09-26-2013, 08:14 PM
When the SAW was good

Ironhide
09-26-2013, 08:17 PM

I miss my Combat shotguns that uses the fan spread of pellets, especially pre-nerf when a drum of shotgun shells was 22-25 rounds. If your lucky now 13 rounds. but man I could really lay out some hellbugs with that thing. Now I might as well spit on em.

Holy Bahamut3
09-26-2013, 08:22 PM
I miss my Combat shotguns that uses the fan spread of pellets, especially pre-nerf when a drum of shotgun shells was 22-25 rounds. If your lucky now 13 rounds. but man I could really lay out some hellbugs with that thing. Now I might as well spit on em.

^^^^

This guy gets it.

JPlay
09-26-2013, 08:24 PM
My first orange was a 20 bullet shotgun
Next morning it was a 9 bullet shotgun

Holy Bahamut3
09-26-2013, 08:32 PM

Pepperidge Farm remembers...

Holy Bahamut3
09-26-2013, 08:38 PM
Does anyone else remember the anomaly that let the shotguns get a nano effect every one or two shots? Good times....

hygh
09-26-2013, 08:46 PM
yes, really good times.
got to get to work on getting my Tardis to work, don't I.

Holy Bahamut3
09-26-2013, 08:52 PM
Indeed you do.

hygh
09-26-2013, 09:19 PM
just remembered a good old days thing.

remember being able to have clan boosts.

Holy Bahamut3
09-26-2013, 09:25 PM
just remembered a good old days thing.

remember being able to have clan boosts.

Yeah I submitted a Suggestion on their Official Defiance suggestion list, but it seems to have been taken down. My current clans ran out last month and the numbers have been steadily dropping ever since.

Thinking of bailing myself, Their FB page and forum presence has dissapeared and the few that still play no longer talk to or assist anyone.

JPlay
09-27-2013, 01:42 AM
Forgot about the no clan boosts....
I remember seeing good purple weapons at venders...

Maixx
09-27-2013, 02:44 AM
1. I missed when the game worked... Um...

2. I miss being able to pull the Hulker into the major arkfalls down by Bug n chug, now that was chaos.t

JPlay
09-27-2013, 09:49 AM
Bump
Anything

Stormynature
09-27-2013, 10:12 AM
I miss when Trion's reputation was established with the launch of an MMO (I refer to Rift) and gave credibility to the reality that an MMO could be delivered as it should be - virtually bug-free.

Then everything went downhill.

N3gativeCr33p
09-27-2013, 10:23 AM
Things I miss... lots of clan mates being online at any given hour, servers that seemed to run better than they do now, more people working together at arkfalls, and getting revived when I needed to be revived.

Things I don't miss... the old development team, the old Community Manager, lighting the lanterns, and the North Point Volge siege location.

Shadow Andreas
09-27-2013, 10:41 AM
getting revived when I needed to be revived.

I revive anyone I see down.....or at least try.

I stopped this morning to help out a hunter that decided to try to take 3 volge by his/her self in the wide open....only to have them evacuate and leave me there to try to take out 3 volge with no cover. Needless to say I ran a zig zag pattern trying to dodge laser fire and get the hell out of there!

hey u
09-27-2013, 10:42 AM
I miss the days where I was learning co-op levels. Now I know them better than the back of my hand. I miss the days where I didn't ask myself why at arkfalls they sooo simple and get somewhat harder for the last 5-15 percent health on them. I miss the day of walking into my first volge in the road and was so much FUN. Now I just know the attack pattern and it just same thing and from time they came out I think they de-buffed in health now and stop and drop to the ground way to often now as well.

I miss when Trion servers went down so much and ahh the DAS BOOT going on and they gave us bonus xp or boost day/days. I miss the days when other too ban a post sonic and MODS would pop into threads and say sup and give out movie/music suggestions

N3gativeCr33p
09-27-2013, 11:36 AM

Same here, but it appears as though we are in the minority. :(

hey u
09-27-2013, 11:38 AM
I revive any player I see go down. I will go down myself so be it or I get that down up. Need all the help I can get!

PseudoCool
09-27-2013, 11:43 AM
I miss when the game, and even the forums, where fun.. now it's nothing short of a chore.

I miss shotguns that where like real shot guns...

I miss rocket launchers that actually shot ROCKETS, not oversized glowing spitballs..

I miss weapons that had appropriate synergies and bonuses..

I miss Hamidon and weekly raids... *sigh*

FDG SKULLS
09-27-2013, 11:59 AM

hmmm stuff i miss!

my shotgun it took me a month to find my perfect ( I WAS VERY SPECIFIC WOULDNT TAKE ANYTHING ELSE ) auto fragger it had to have electric for the nano, veteran synergy, xp was a dmg roll, it had a fire rate 10% ego on full reload and a +8 mag ( MAG WAS 23 WITHOUT Extended mag. the minute i got it i went out and killed a few things, then got off the game only to wake up the next morning and trion patched it. it no longer had a fire rate and no longer had a +8 mag it was a stupid 12 or 13 mag F N ticked me off i think i lost all hope for them then and it all just went down from there.

Zugo
09-27-2013, 12:35 PM
Miss shotguns with larger mags
Miss the old nano proc chance
Miss my clan members
Miss having optomistic hope

Atticus Batman
09-27-2013, 01:57 PM

I stopped this morning to help out a hunter that decided to try to take 3 volge by his/her self in the wide open....only to have them evacuate and leave me there to try to take out 3 volge with no cover. Needless to say I ran a zig zag pattern trying to dodge laser fire and get the hell out of there!

I always try reviving the shmucks, but remember Most either yell about it or take off and leave you to rot. Alas being the hero is a thankless and unaprecciated job.

Lillith Valerian
09-27-2013, 05:14 PM

Speaking as someone who is wandering the new frontier alone, and gets in over her head once and a while, I'm sincerely grateful for people like you. If after such a thing they leave, I'll not press my luck and leave also. If they stay, I'll stay til the end.

Having someone walk up, look down at you, then walk away and leave is the worst.

JPlay
09-27-2013, 05:22 PM
Thanks everyone

TigrisMorte
09-27-2013, 05:34 PM
Good one
I miss the purple good shields.... I still use them
and I, ye gods I miss good drops from before the Nerf from Sauron's will in month 1.
Had to not care about drops to not surrender to entropy.

TigrisMorte
09-27-2013, 05:36 PM
Speaking as someone who is wandering the new frontier alone, and gets in over her head once and a while, I'm sincerely grateful for people like you. If after such a thing they leave, I'll not press my luck and leave also. If they stay, I'll stay til the end.

Having someone walk up, look down at you, then walk away and leave is the worst.
I love jumping off my ATV and throwing fire to distract when I see someone the Volge have blasted the shields off of.
Even when they then run off and abandon, I know I did right.

SirBobbyDanger
09-27-2013, 08:37 PM
I remember when the first dlc was "coming out very soon" and something to look forward to.

I miss thinking, "well, it can only get better from here."