PDA

View Full Version : Let's talk DLC "Starter Pack Weapons"

N7_Legion
09-26-2013, 03:53 PM
As you all know, as part of the PAID content of DLC1 we received a "charge weapon starter pack", as shown below (from DLC patch notes).

Purchasing the Pack will grant you the following:
1 CHARGE WEAPON STARTER PACK
Charge up these weapons to gain a secondary ability. Includes a Charge Shotgun, Charge Pistol, and Charge Sniper.

And as you all know, what we paid for was 3 green charge weapons. If I wanted to buy 3 green weapons from Trion I would of bought a T3 or T4 box with bits. I think I may have fired each gun once to see its effects, before immediately breaking them down. They may as well just given me some ark salvage with my DLC.

Anyone else feel the same way?

If this was part of the "free" content I wouldn't of cared. But the fact that I paid for this, makes me wonder. These 3 greens may be well suited for a beginner player who is just starting the game, but come on! Most of us are veteran players, who've been playing since the first betas! We want Purples at the very least!! Make it worth our while! Reward us! Trion, you might end up selling more DLC packs if your giving out Purples! I would suggest oranges, but I know that's not gonna happen :D

My suggestions to you Trion:

For the remaining DLC's, change "Starter Pack" weapons from greens to purples.

or

For the remaining DLC's, give out greens to everyone as free content as a "Starter Pack", and include a "Premium Weapon Pack" as paid content which contains purples that are decent, which veteran players might actually equip in their loadout.

bxBLAZExd
09-26-2013, 04:31 PM
i agree 100%:cool:

Tetrak
09-26-2013, 04:52 PM
As the name implies, they are made to get you started, not completely unbalance your gear progression. Three different purples just because you bought a DLC would limit the search for those weapons, and newer players would be cheated of actually having the joy of finding actually good gear.

N7_Legion
09-26-2013, 05:05 PM
As the name implies, they are made to get you started, not completely unbalance your gear progression. Three different purples just because you bought a DLC would limit the search for those weapons, and newer players would be cheated of actually having the joy of finding actually good gear.

I hear what you're saying, I really do. But why not then, just offer this as "free" content since most of us non-beginners will just break these down? I don't want to pay for 3 greens. If I'm paying for something, I would like it to be worthwhile. Much like the purples offered in the faction vendors - not super overpowered, but decent enough that I actually use some of them (Frontier Battle Rifle, Votan Pulsar, 0.0 det grenade etc.) Any of these purples can be acquired without much effort, so why not let us paying customers get come cool purples with our DLC?