PDA

View Full Version : Trions Idea of a fun game to play.

Dasvier
09-28-2013, 07:42 AM
As of right now your game Defiance is officially worth less than a free to play game. Since your company has proven beyond a shadow of doubt with this latest up and coming hot fix, that Trion only knows how to “Nerf” things in to the ground. Any one with haft a brain would simply make the 12 second invulnerability perk combo not stack. But instead you would rather destroy builds all together. As of 7 P.M. 09/27/2013 I formally quite. If this is how Trion intends to make games I look forward to watching you go in history was one of the worst game make’s just like blizzard and so many other and I hope you in joy having a game that people try only to quite shortly after. Trion rather than fixing actual bugs you have become the ultimate bug in the game.

Rumeyes
09-28-2013, 07:47 AM
I understand the feeling, I still have the standpoint where you can't make an omelet without breaking some eggs. They aren't doing a good job, but they aren't the worst on the block either.

Defiance has strong points, it certainly has fail points, I'm still giving them the benefit of the doubt, though. I am confident they can overcome the technical issues.

Just give it a break and come back at a later date, it's B2P, the DLC paid content isn't noteworthy, so if you come back in a year or so, you can check it out.

hey u
09-28-2013, 07:59 AM
"I understand the feeling, I still have the standpoint where you can't make an omelet without breaking some eggs."

This is so true I been working on making omelets and I suck at COOKING but I good at spending money on food.

Rumeyes
09-28-2013, 08:05 AM
This is so true I been working on making omelets and I suck at COOKING but I good at spending money on food.

Well it's a guestimate. DLC2 is still on the shelves with no release date and Season 2 starts in June. That's around 9 months away. Give it 3 months of leeway and it might turn up nicely a year from now.

Not to mention the start of Season 2 should see a new player influx as well.

He already paid for the game, aint gonna lose anything to take a peek.

SiN
09-28-2013, 08:26 AM
'Haft a brain'.....?

http://api.ning.com/files/sfMgn7-7W9dWH3nhfRa3ykpYTWuMYG6SOfmQhFYPravEwNxf89hJlcJIl ywLfAHgZZAb4bL-w644N0FdfMVbh8jLMLZjmARz/facepalm.png

hey u
09-28-2013, 08:27 AM
Well on my end looks like Trion worked overboard to work on the Das Boot from servers. Well last night I got booted from servers/arkfalls a few times to many but not nearly as bad as the past few weeks. I read Trion had some team working the booting and they are helping.

Last night I saw most people on in while at falls and in the world so that my guess why I got booted so much. My other guess is sooo many people on arkfalls and people stay clear of San Fran area with so many more people up in the first area. Co-op is next to dead so it all people normally playing Defiance in the first part of the map non San Francisco area.

I have always thought that maybe may be a reason why I get booted as well but just my thought

Rumeyes
09-28-2013, 08:49 AM
'Haft a brain'.....?

Coming back to Defiance around Season 2 (this game is B2P) I actually consider a no-brainer.

Imho the game isn't that bad that you should leave permanently. Just pop back in later.

Nefarious
09-28-2013, 11:49 AM
Having it the way it is with stacking all these buffs makes Defiance into something I like to call 'Super Smash Bros: 3rd Person Shooter'. Where only the Big Hits Matter.

Now with it being changed it will be more of a Clean Shot Shooter and less of an Arcade Shooter. It still is a Arcade Shooter in a lot of ways but the scale has tipped to the other side to make it somewhat less of being that. Defiance is too much of a Arcade shooter and taking steps to tone that down is a good thing for the game imo.

The less corky this game plays the better.

TE5LA
09-28-2013, 10:21 PM
I think the word is "quit".

Krayus Korianis
09-29-2013, 06:57 AM

The OP is missing QUITE a few words altogether... They're probably missing their marbles as well.

N3gativeCr33p
09-30-2013, 07:04 AM

Indeed. You are correct, sir!

MagellanD
09-30-2013, 09:02 AM
I understand the feeling, I still have the standpoint where you can't make an omelet without breaking some eggs. They aren't doing a good job, but they aren't the worst on the block either.

Defiance has strong points, it certainly has fail points, I'm still giving them the benefit of the doubt, though. I am confident they can overcome the technical issues.

Just give it a break and come back at a later date, it's B2P, the DLC paid content isn't noteworthy, so if you come back in a year or so, you can check it out.

I guess you're not a day one'r. Since day one they have had nothing but technical issues glitches, bad patches, horrible down time, and bad communication.

If you are still confident and a day one'r I would very much like a sample of that stuff you're on, that or you're way more patient than the average human being.

over 6 months and the game is still broken.

Rumeyes
09-30-2013, 09:28 AM
I guess you're not a day one'r. Since day one they have had nothing but technical issues glitches, bad patches, horrible down time, and bad communication.

Yes, I am not a day-1er and I also took a break, a bit after my clan left the game and things got stale for me. I am however not a fanboy. I have posted elsewhere on the Defiance forum and I have serious reservations about the game.

So the stuff I am on? I don't play Defiance every day and took a break (combined with not from day 1). Aside that, I focus more on PVE and I play on PC, which means my period of dealing with (the amount of) technical issues is less.

My main gripe has mainly been the (way and lack of) development of new content in the thusfar released DLC. Looking at Rift, I do believe Trion might be able to pull Defiance back together again, if not, yeah then it's gonna be pretty doomy and gloomy.

MagellanD
09-30-2013, 12:26 PM
Yes, I am not a day-1er and I also took a break, a bit after my clan left the game and things got stale for me. I am however not a fanboy. I have posted elsewhere on the Defiance forum and I have serious reservations about the game.

So the stuff I am on? I don't play Defiance every day and took a break (combined with not from day 1). Aside that, I focus more on PVE and I play on PC, which means my period of dealing with (the amount of) technical issues is less.

My main gripe has mainly been the (way and lack of) development of new content in the thusfar released DLC. Looking at Rift, I do believe Trion might be able to pull Defiance back together again, if not, yeah then it's gonna be pretty doomy and gloomy.

That totally explains it. I Also didn't mean any ill will. It just shows if you've experienced the hell since april I believe your patience would have run out.

Mine obviously has.

Enjoy yours while it still lasts. Im sure a few more botched launches and bad content "additions" will chip away at it slowly.

Rumeyes
09-30-2013, 01:20 PM
That totally explains it. I Also didn't mean any ill will.

No offense taken. At all. I played a MMO were players got promised a new engine for about 6 years, I am familiar with the worst case scenario. :) So I'm quit(e) easygoing, Defiance right now I just play when I feel like eating cookies.

Someone else already mentioned tastes differ. I have a good hunch DLC2 wont cut it for me. DLC3 might. So I'll just hop on and off for stuff like Extra Life and wait it out till DLC3. And when Season 2 starts, I'll defo be back.

SHADOWBROKER
09-30-2013, 06:37 PM
its not the game that is broken! its trion that is the problem. the game would be great if it was not done by these people. they suck and lie all the time and get quite when we call them on their lies OR they come and post some crap about we did not mean it that way and sorry. also i love the way they keep us on hold... SOON

dbcameron
09-30-2013, 09:32 PM
Do we now need to explain the difference between quite, quiet, and quit? (Sorry couldn't help myself)

Really all this game needs are some decent long term goals. Something to work toward, not just to have handed to us. It used to be a fully modified weapon and perk slots, then it was the charge blade, now it's nothing?

Maybe they consider the 5,000 kills a long term goal, but if I can do that in less then a week it doesn't count. Give us something, and when you do don't nerf it the second you get a chance. The blade refund was insulting to all of us.