PDA

View Full Version : Charge blades and load outs

dmanrulz180
09-28-2013, 08:15 AM
One of my favorite things that came with the Castithan Charge pack was the charge blades. However they take up one of the two weapon slots on my load out. While I love to use the blade it isn't compatible with my play style which consists of a long range and a short to medium range weapon. What I propose is a third "blade slot" for those who have charge blades so that they can maintain an effective play style while still getting to use the charge blade effectively

Error404
09-28-2013, 08:18 AM
One of my favorite things that came with the Castithan Charge pack was the charge blades. However they take up one of the two weapon slots on my load out. While I love to use the blade it isn't compatible with my play style which consists of a long range and a short to medium range weapon. What I propose is a third "blade slot" for those who have charge blades so that they can maintain an effective play style while still getting to use the charge blade effectively

Umm, no offense, but this doesn't make THAT much sense...You need to adapt your playing style instead of asking an entire gameplay change to adapt to you.

You have a maximum possible of 5 loadouts. Experiment. I use a Courier and a blade with blur, it's an excellent little combo. Soften them up with the courier then mop up with the blade and blur.

Vox Animus
09-28-2013, 08:48 AM
I use legendary pyro grenade, legendary vot surge blaster with syphon, shanjifyo blade and ironclad brawler v ark (which helps with melee) and all my perks help with melee attacks, also I use blur. never lets me down in co-ops or missons I always end up on top.

Error404
09-28-2013, 09:08 AM
To add to the above...

My loadout is:

Shock Brutal courier with 1.15 melee on XP.
1.15 melee
15 grenade recharge.
70% reload

Shanjifyo Blade.

Ego 5000 Pyronova 55Z

Ego 2260 Rebel Brawler V ARK.

If you want my perk loadout, just ask.

Vox Animus
09-28-2013, 09:17 AM
To add to the above...

My loadout is:

Shock Brutal courier with 1.15 melee on XP.
1.15 melee
15 grenade recharge.
70% reload

Shanjifyo Blade.

Ego 5000 Pyronova 55Z

Ego 2260 Rebel Brawler V ARK.

If you want my perk loadout, just ask.

Nice, very nice indeed. And yeah I would like to know your perk loadout.

Error404
09-28-2013, 09:25 AM
Nice, very nice indeed. And yeah I would like to know your perk loadout.

Gladly.

Blur

Pumped Up.
Cellular Armor/Aggressive Defense
Fortitude
Regeneration
Sonic Strike
Enudrance Runner
Second Wind
Nothing to Lose
Thick Skinned

I swap between Cellular Armor and Aggressive Defense depending on the map. Aggressive Defense is perfect for jumping between enemies in the tighter maps by abusing that 15% shield as a buffer for them to remove as you run at them (Liberate the Lost, Commandeer Cronkhite, Motherlode and Soleptor Excavation), whilst Cellular Armor is better for longer sprints (Explosions 101, Scrapworks Salvage)

I skip the build entirely for hellbugs/Island of Lost Soldiers. I can take volge with a blade, but I'm just not throwing myself at Elite Hellbugs as their DR is too high

Vox Animus
09-28-2013, 09:37 AM
Gladly.

Blur

Pumped Up.
Cellular Armor/Aggressive Defense
Fortitude
Regeneration
Sonic Strike
Enudrance Runner
Second Wind
Nothing to Lose
Thick Skinned

I swap between Cellular Armor and Aggressive Defense depending on the map. Aggressive Defense is perfect for jumping between enemies in the tighter maps by abusing that 15% shield as a buffer for them to remove as you run at them (Liberate the Lost, Commandeer Cronkhite, Motherlode and Soleptor Excavation), whilst Cellular Armor is better for longer sprints (Explosions 101, Scrapworks Salvage)

I skip the build entirely for hellbugs/Island of Lost Soldiers. I can take volge with a blade, but I'm just not throwing myself at Elite Hellbugs as their DR is too high

Very good, here's my full loadout details.

Shanjifyo Blade

VOT Surge Blaster
Nano: Syphon
MODS:
x0.85 Bloom
x0.85 Recoil
x1.07 Aim DMG
x1.07 Hip DMG
+12 Mag

10% DMG from last shot
x.90 Reload
15% Grenade recharge on kill
x1.10 Fire Rate

Pyronova Std-552

Ironclad Brawler V ARK

BLUR:

Fortitude
Hyperactive
Endurance Runner
Sonic Strike
Cellular Armour
Nothing To Lose
Second Wind
Regeneration
Killing Spree

Error404
09-28-2013, 09:44 AM
Oh. Full weapon stats. Sure!

VBI SO-2 Courier
Brutal (Fully synergized)
Nano: Shock
MODS:
x1.20 Melee
x1.07 Aim DMG
x1.07 Hip DMG
x0.85 Reload
-0.30 Accuracy

1.15 Melee Damage
1.15 Melee Damage (No, not a typo.)
15% grenade recharge on kill
x0.70 Reload

Vox Animus
09-28-2013, 12:54 PM
Aha good stuff, and funny with the double stats. My old surge blaster had terrible stats and the mastery bonus was glitched so didn't get one so I was lucky to buy that one off another player.

Bolgor_TheHound
09-28-2013, 02:20 PM
Yall should stop the suggestions before trion decides to nerf the stackable melee perks...

Fletch32
12-29-2013, 05:50 AM
No one is using quickening? 12 percent ego recharge per melee kill seems very worth it to me.

melkathi
12-29-2013, 06:04 AM
Do the +melee stats on the gun apply to the blade? I was under the impression that they would only apply to the current weapon not the alt.

Fletch32
12-29-2013, 06:22 AM
I wondered the same thing and was planning to test it today. It should be simple to compete damage from a regular slash with and without the boost.

Arsenic_Touch
12-29-2013, 06:23 AM
Do the +melee stats on the gun apply to the blade? I was under the impression that they would only apply to the current weapon not the alt.

They do not apply to the blade.

melkathi
12-29-2013, 08:34 AM
They do not apply to the blade.

A shame. Would have been nice if Brutal Synergies became usefull :(

Chevota
12-29-2013, 08:51 AM
What they need to do is remove Swords...

2 times now they've had a 'broken' element to them in PvE. es, im referring to the glitch that got fixed, and now that they're buffed, they're even faster for destroying crystals with Dam Spikes/Brawl Stims.

Great game philosophy, just keep adding more and more DPS without looking at the scale of the game... GL Progenator, way to die on the very first Arm resurrection.

Arsenic_Touch
12-29-2013, 08:54 AM
Remove them? no. The swords are fine. They need to remove the infinite crit spots on red crystal arkfalls, buff pve mobs and give swords a skill line to progress as well as ego levels, different stats and synergies and mods.

melkathi
12-29-2013, 08:54 AM
I don't think charge blades deal much damage to the flying Progenitor.

Chevota
12-29-2013, 08:59 AM
I don't think charge blades deal much damage to the flying Progenitor.

Clearly that wasnt about Swords, but yes shame on me for throwing that in there kinda off-topic.

Id just rather see Swords go away than to see something else go wrong with them IF they ever fix the crit spots... Chances are, and you know its a big chance, Trion will mess something else up to allow Swords to do something they shouldnt.

On the PvE mobs... Didnt Trick say about a month and a half ago something about mobs would be getting a buff? Something to the effect of High EGO players would count towards a 1.5x buff of mobs or something or other? Could be talkin outta my *** there.

melkathi
12-29-2013, 09:03 AM
You never know what people mean on a forum. I take it you meant Surge Bolters?
Trion have an issue with balancing. I like the look of charge blades. But I would have liked them infinitely more had they included them properly and not the way they did. There are things that need to be fixed about them. Hopefully they will do that. Taking them out is highly unlikely. Especially considering that people have spend real money on those colour mods.

Chevota
12-29-2013, 09:12 AM
No, i didnt mean Surge Bolters. Theyre getting nerfed soon i hear, so im holding judgement on them until then. (The damage should actually divide between the bullets, which it doesnt atm)

Next time you're at the Prog Core fight, and it goes to repair on of the arms, drop a Damage spike and watch how fast it dies. IMO i feel the Damage Spike has been one of the worst added items into the game. Now anyone can stand there with an assault rifle and fight it out with 5/6 Volge and not budge.

The sword + ark thing is more of a broken mechanic, and i understand how people would be pissed if they got removed. They wont ever remove them, id just like to see them gone in my own little fantasy world. Its just the thought of "Great, how are they going to be exploited next?" is all i think about when i see a Sword.

melkathi
12-29-2013, 10:50 AM
Indeed, they added spikes, making people better, faster, stronger, without considering how it affects existing game balance. The difficulty on a lot of encounters would need to be ramped up now.
And obviously some exploits and broken mechanics need to be fixed.

jeRaff
12-30-2013, 08:40 AM
I did really wont like sword. Small damage, small distance, long animation. Shtako one word.

Noobshank
12-30-2013, 08:56 AM
Blur + Perks + OJ Sword + Brawler Stims = Disgusting damage. with sucker punch and the right setup you can almost OHKO most from an auto swing if done properly behind them. Not to mention, every time you jump attack you crit.

I remember one Observatory match that i popped blur, threw out a pyro grenade, jump-attacked and killed three people around a corner. Brawler stims are a MUST for blades. I can't imagine what a purple/OJ Brawler Stim would be like...

Irteip Zeugirdor
12-30-2013, 01:22 PM
I think charge blades are great. My only problem with them is how over powered are on major and minor arkfalls where the goal is to destroy the arkfall crystal with the progress bar on top of the screen. People put a power or brawler spike in front of the crystal, they start slashing like there's no tomorrow and the crystal is destroyed in no time. It's simply not fair to the other players. It's ridiculous to see the final stats at the end.For example a major hellbug arkfall. I get like a hundred bug kills with my Bionic Stingray,switch between my Stingray and my Ground Pounder to shoot the crystal, even I get the killshot on the big bug, and I end up in 8th or 9th place, when the guy with the charge blade shows up with no kills whatsoever but ends up in 1st or 2nd place because of the smashing and slashing of the crystals. It's a total joke.

Noobshank
12-30-2013, 01:59 PM
I end up in 8th or 9th place, when the guy with the charge blade shows up with no kills whatsoever but ends up in 1st or 2nd place because of the smashing and slashing of the crystals. It's a total joke.

This is because the guys in first/second were smart and abused the Surge Bolters with hip fire crit perk + crouch crit perk + whatever else. I posted a screen shot of a Dark Matter Major Arkfall where with EGO Boost, OverCharge, My Perks, and i think a damage spike, a fully charged bolter shot did 200k per shot. one 11 round magazine later, guess who had first place with ~2.6mil damage.

ArkHunter Z
12-30-2013, 03:56 PM
This is because the guys in first/second were smart and abused the Surge Bolters with hip fire crit perk + crouch crit perk + whatever else. I posted a screen shot of a Dark Matter Major Arkfall where with EGO Boost, OverCharge, My Perks, and i think a damage spike, a fully charged bolter shot did 200k per shot. one 11 round magazine later, guess who had first place with ~2.6mil damage.

Insanity.....Ive done a few Volge sieges with the same result...40k score by stage 4-5. I solo'd one this weeken and was well over 100k by the time my critical error window popped up.