PDA

View Full Version : Yesterdays live stream Q&A

Bonehead
09-28-2013, 06:54 PM
Was I the only one who noticed Trick seemed surprised when the question about vloge emergency drops and the raptor being a POS came up? For all the time this has been brought up on these forums and being told "this stuff is being looked into" and bla bla I was pretty surprised my self when Trick didnt know anything about no loot drops at volge emergencies and that There is a strong opinion held by a large part of the community that the raptor has far to little acceleration or hill climbing ability?
It makes me think that they are just blowing smoke about much of the stuff we bring up here and that there are not any real defiance players on the staff there at all.
Next live stream drive the raptor please.

crasher
09-28-2013, 07:26 PM
He also seemed to have no idea that weapons that went to the storage cart got no weapons mastery bonus roll because it never came up, and he had to scratch and dig for the BMG having a missing roll in some cases.

Arsenic_Touch
09-28-2013, 07:52 PM
Did you really expect the disconnect between Trion and the players to disappear just because they're suddenly posting on the forum again and addressing us? they still need to get their shtako together. Not the only one that noticed but it didn't surprise me any because it's pretty much business as usual.

Bonehead
09-28-2013, 08:45 PM
So when does "we hear you,your opinion is important,were working on it,we have passed that along,it's coming soon"become a lie?
PS
DRIVE THE RAPTOR NEXT LIVE STREAM

ralisti
09-28-2013, 10:49 PM
I called this back when Community Management got all active and saying things would be different, and I was exactly right. All that changed was a different set of lips lips blowing smoke up people's bums.

Trion Definace holds its players in contempt unless they can get a dollar out of them, then they will tolerate them long enough to take their money.

They have no problem blatantly lying to the players, and then locking the threads about it until they fall off the radar.

Then they will profusely apologize and promise things will get better.

Then they will blatantly lie again. Wash, rinse, repeat.

Lorchra
09-28-2013, 11:29 PM
Did you notice how dahanese ignored all those questions about the bugged Arena interface (you know, the timer and score disappearing after you open your inventory or loadout) even though at least four or five people were asking about it / pointing out the bug repeatedly)?

If you were watching the stream and the chat, you must have surely wondered why that question was never passed on to Trick.

crasher
09-29-2013, 12:16 AM
Did you notice how dahanese ignored all those questions about the bugged Arena interface (you know, the timer and score disappearing after you open your inventory or loadout) even though at least four or five people were asking about it / pointing out the bug repeatedly)?

If you were watching the stream and the chat, you must have surely wondered why that question was never passed on to Trick.
OTOH, Trick reads questions off the monitor and comments on them himself during the streams....

Given that.... Why the need to 'pass on' to Trick stuff he's already getting in real time?
:)

Samantha_Caine
09-29-2013, 01:30 AM
anybody noticed 99.99% of the stream again was about content and changes to it but NOTHING said about the REAL Problems with the lags/ bugged Endbosses on Archfalls / Vanishing World expect the 0.01% sentence of Trick ".. thats what we call the Player vs Proxy thingy...." ?

Bonehead
09-29-2013, 02:06 AM
I did notice the "for realsees this time" quote about the volge lmg seige reward and the arena glitch that happened during the stream.

Please drive the raptor during the next stream.
Please.

Old97
09-29-2013, 01:06 PM
I have stated this before, but it may be worth repeating. No one is left at Trion Worlds to actually PLAY the game of Defiance. They are all too busy with other tasks, now that many folks have been riffed [For you UK folks, that's 'sacked'].

It is very apparent that the spokes-people for Trion are simply out of touch with the player base. They seem to dismiss real issues as just some sour players ranting and raving. Well, I have been reading these forums since I played the beta [still playing the damn beta] and I see a lot of concern from many players about continuing serious problems. These issues are given little attention from Trion staff.

I know that Rift is their signature game, and is actually making money for them, but Defiance is a concept worth pursuing, IMO.

The players here, even the ranting and raving ones, are here because they play the game, and really want it to succeed and prosper. They deserve to be heeded by Trion staff.

duction
09-29-2013, 01:37 PM
so the new bonus's that are to be used instead of the usless ones will be changed on items already in circulation, did anyone else get that too?

@13:21

http://www.twitch.tv/trionworlds/c/2999800

ironcladtrash
09-29-2013, 03:27 PM
Do they just not play at all or do they play on a different server where the raptor doesn't suck and the Volge emergancies haven't been nerfed? Next live stream they should just drive the raptor and do Volge emergencies until a blue item drop. Then try to say again the raptor is fine and so are the Volge emergencies. If the cheaters are in PVP they could jump in a match and see if they still think it's fair play too.

If they actually played their own game they wouldn't be completely blowing off everything we report as an issue and talk about on the forums. I doubt other than dahanese anyone actually looks at the forums too, and even then a lot is completely missed.

alienstookmybeer
09-29-2013, 03:39 PM
Do they just not play at all or do they play on a different server where the raptor doesn't suck and the Volge emergancies haven't been nerfed? Next live stream they should just drive the raptor and do Volge emergencies until a blue item drop. Then try to say again the raptor is fine and so are the Volge emergencies. If the cheaters are in PVP they could jump in a match and see if they still think it's fair play too.

If they actually played their own game they wouldn't be completely blowing off everything we report as an issue and talk about on the forums. I doubt other than dahanese anyone actually looks at the forums too, and even then a lot is completely missed.

I've got nothing to add to that except amen.

crasher
09-29-2013, 03:44 PM

I think OverloadUT is the only one we can verify as playing on a public server in real time, but he's most likely hardwired directly into a server and sees little of the realworld traffic/network/lag we see.

And from his play style, I gather that any 'over the shoulder' watching that Trick and/or any devs DO see 2nd hand, they just assume he sucks and the program is fine.

I think they glance at Defiance only long enough to close threads or do the livestream portion of the show between giving away hellbug mounts and hugging Guinness, and then head over to swing magic staffs at each other in Rift and changing the 5000 appearance options of their 'toons.
O'UT was almost wetting himself with delight with the spending spree during that segment.

(Did you see the time they spent with the color wheel and hair-style options for the Rift 'toons? We get recolored outfits in the store, take-it-or-leave-it. We seem to whine too much while holding out the empty bowl and saying 'Please, Sir, I'd like some more'....)

ironcladtrash
09-29-2013, 04:00 PM
I think OverloadUT is the only one we can verify as playing on a public server in real time, but he's most likely hardwired directly into a server and sees little of the realworld traffic/network/lag we see.

And from his play style, I gather that any 'over the shoulder' watching that Trick and/or any devs DO see 2nd hand, they just assume he sucks and the program is fine.

I think they glance at Defiance only long enough to close threads or do the livestream portion of the show between giving away hellbug mounts and hugging Guinness, and then head over to swing magic staffs at each other in Rift and changing the 5000 appearance options of their 'toons.
O'UT was almost wetting himself with delight with the spending spree during that segment.

(Did you see the time they spent with the color wheel and hair-style options for the Rift 'toons? We get recolored outfits in the store, take-it-or-leave-it. We seem to whine too much while holding out the empty bowl and saying 'Please, Sir, I'd like some more'....)

I don't play rift so I tend to ignore it, but that does provide insight. I almost forgot about the lag too. Mine has been ok recently but you're right they won't notice the lag problem either that some people still have.

Bonehead
09-29-2013, 05:56 PM
Trion put your money where your mouth is and PLEASE drive the raptor on the next live stream.

Riva
09-29-2013, 08:29 PM
They have no problem blatantly lying to the players, and then locking the threads about it until they fall off the radar.

Then they will profusely apologize and promise things will get better.

Then they will blatantly lie again. Wash, rinse, repeat. Maybe theres a reason the guys name is 'Trick' ;)

N3gativeCr33p
09-30-2013, 06:52 AM

No, but I did notice that she tried to punk me out after I told Oat to "drop the shotty" when he first entered the arena during the most recent live stream.

Bonehead
09-30-2013, 02:31 PM
No, but I did notice that she tried to punk me out after I told Oat to "drop the shotty" when he first entered the arena during the most recent live stream.

He ended up dropping the shotty when he found it wasnt worth shtacko if I remember corectly

Beck
09-30-2013, 10:06 PM
K-TAM will have Trick and Dahanese on Next Monday during out Aftermath show for a few minutes. We will be posing some questions to them and I will see about adding from this thread as well. It will be on our Mumble server and some folks will be welcomed to join us for follow ups. We only get about 20 min so we wont be able to do out regular open chat and let anyone join in, we want to get the good questions out and not a lot of chit chat if we can help it.

ralisti
10-01-2013, 05:33 AM
K-TAM will have Trick and Dahanese on Next Monday during out Aftermath show for a few minutes. We will be posing some questions to them and I will see about adding from this thread as well. It will be on our Mumble server and some folks will be welcomed to join us for follow ups. We only get about 20 min so we wont be able to do out regular open chat and let anyone join in, we want to get the good questions out and not a lot of chit chat if we can help it.

Let's be honest. Regardless of what questions are asked, the best that will come are answers that seem like answers, but do not answer anything. Even pretending that any useful information will even come from Trion is moot.

N3gativeCr33p
10-01-2013, 06:18 AM
He ended up dropping the shotty when he found it wasnt worth shtacko if I remember corectly

Indeed... and then all of a sudden, he started scoring much better than he did at first. ;)

Crystal Kitty
10-01-2013, 07:25 AM
Did you really expect the disconnect between Trion and the players to disappear just because they're suddenly posting on the forum again and addressing us? they still need to get their shtako together. Not the only one that noticed but it didn't surprise me any because it's pretty much business as usual.

lol, Trick has like 10 posts for his entire time on the forums....

He has NO IDEA, what we say, do or want. Trions communication with us is so disgusting, why would we expect different between staff?

The fact that he didn't know ANY of those issues....puts me back to square one of disappointment with this joke of a company....

Zugo
10-01-2013, 07:32 AM

He has NO IDEA, what we say, do or want. Trions communication with us is so disgusting, why would we expect different between staff?

The fact that he didn't know ANY of those issues....puts me back to square one of disappointment with this joke of a company....

After viewing the stream I was disheartened to say the least. I was amazed as I sat and watched him make statements like, "hmmm, really I don't know about that issue". I give Dahanese credit for asking the tough questions when I'm sure she was aware of the possible response.

I didn't play Defiance this past weekend. That's a first for me since launch.

Cavadus
10-01-2013, 09:39 AM
I was really frustrated when dahanese asked the question about damage progression via EGO level and what type of power increase in percentages they envision between n00b and max.

They didn't answer the second part about how much more powerful high EGO stuff would be.

Grrrr! That was the only question I gave a **** about.

crasher
10-01-2013, 10:02 AM
I was really frustrated when dahanese asked the question about damage progression via EGO level and what type of power increase in percentages they envision between n00b and max.

They didn't answer the second part about how much more powerful high EGO stuff would be.

Grrrr! That was the only question I gave a **** about.
And as many times as the topic of weapons with no mastery bonus roll has been mentioned here, for her to have no clue what the live-stream question was asking while half way through reading it, and then having to ask for clarification?

I'm honestly starting to think that the live-streams are thought of as a way to while away the 2nd half of a Casual Friday without having to do too much work or put too much effort in.

The fact that they take the time to run the live-stream in the first place is awesome.

The fact that they treat it as if it were just some way for them to to kill the last few hours in a week after they already went into shut-down mode... Unprepared lists, info they left 'back in the office', unfamiliar with the topics we bring up... And then we get treated to a 5 minute 'Hug Guinness, He's so cute!!1!' break and lose momentum while going off the rails.
We discuss this stuff all the time, it gets frequent mention here that communication is key, and then they appear as if they have little familiarity with the subject matter, and we'll be happy with a brush-off and wait til NEXT Friday and maybe they MIGHT have time to revisit the topic.

Many topics don't get revisited, because they were 'mentioned' last time, and even though not answered, we already touched that so it's old business....

We don't get that much opportunity to compare notes amongst ourselves and hone the points/questions that are important to quick/concise sound bites. And the questions we do ask are looked upon in many cases as afterthoughts.

They aren't appearing to be taking us seriously yet. I'm getting disappointed with another opportunity that they presented to us to turn stuff around only to see that they look like they're wasting this one, too.

I've worked in and run casual offices when the casual atmosphere was warranted. It can take a LOT of the pressure off and keep things productive.
But you don't present the fiesta attitude to the public in this manner and expect to be taken seriously.

N3gativeCr33p
10-01-2013, 10:06 AM
They aren't appearing to be taking us seriously yet. I'm getting disappointed with another opportunity that they presented to us to turn stuff around only to see that they look like they're wasting this one, too.

You got that right... and as far as I'm concerned, the "improved communication" with their player base still leaves a lot to be desired. It's pretty much nonexistent, and even Stevie Wonder could easily see that.

Old97
10-01-2013, 10:23 AM
Rift is making money, even as F2P, but Defiance is on life support. There seems to be an almost underlying resentment of Defiance, like it was really an idea from the SyFy channel, and not an IP from Trion Worlds. I believe there is truth in that. Scott Hartsman has openly stated that Defiance was released prematurely due to the 'hard' TV schedule for the SyFy show's premier. It obviously was not ready.

I played the beta and bought the game at full retail for the 'WrecksBox' 360. I actually still get a kick out of the game, but that's because of the open world, and that world's way of pulling off some unscripted fun. Like a Hulker attacking a hellbug nest, and killing everything, including the final Monarch. I watched that through my Surge Bolter scope. It was like a mini-movie. The missions and story were OK, but not too memorable. The added content has been pretty pathetic. Last night I was booted out of the final phase of a Scrapper major Arkfall, and received nothing for all of my efforts.

So while the fun stagnates, the frustrations grow.

You will not hear from me when the tipping point is reached, as I believe those kinds of posts are just silly. I will put Defiance on the shelf and play something else. And that will be that.

Spring will come, the flowers will grow, and Destiny will arrive. That is where the hope is now.

dahanese
10-01-2013, 11:51 AM
Was I the only one who noticed Trick seemed surprised when the question about vloge emergency drops and the raptor being a POS came up? For all the time this has been brought up on these forums and being told "this stuff is being looked into" and bla bla I was pretty surprised my self when Trick didnt know anything about no loot drops at volge emergencies and that There is a strong opinion held by a large part of the community that the raptor has far to little acceleration or hill climbing ability?
It makes me think that they are just blowing smoke about much of the stuff we bring up here and that there are not any real defiance players on the staff there at all.
Next live stream drive the raptor please.

If I've told you that I've passed it on to Trick, I have. I think sometimes Trick might be parsing the question (since I throw them to him without prep and sometimes I don't read them super eloquently.) There's definitely going to be a time or two he's not going to recognize the issue, I think.

We can talk about the Raptor on the stream, too. Totally agree with you on how slow it accelerates.

dahanese
10-01-2013, 11:52 AM

I think I missed it. I'm sorry about that. Can you put it in this week's thread for questions? We can grab it there and ensure it gets asked.

dahanese
10-01-2013, 11:58 AM

Hey guys -

Sorry it took me a bit to get to this thread, but I just want to clear some stuff up. First off: yep, we all play the game. You can believe it or not believe it, but we do. You can't make things better without taking a hard look at what's going on in the game. For example: one of our new systems guys spent about 300 hours playing in the first three weeks. (Yeah, I double checked that in our back end because I don't know when he slept.)

That being said, most of the posts are going to come from me, Oat, and Deb. Trick's around, but most of the time we talk on Skype or at our desks (sometimes with me typing behind him as he talks) so that he can focus on making the game better. Posting on the forums can be a time consuming task.

Valentine
10-01-2013, 12:44 PM
Dahanese didcha get my private messages? Trick will love my ideas ♥!

Bonehead
10-02-2013, 02:14 AM
Hey guys -

Sorry it took me a bit to get to this thread, but I just want to clear some stuff up. First off: yep, we all play the game. You can believe it or not believe it, but we do. You can't make things better without taking a hard look at what's going on in the game. For example: one of our new systems guys spent about 300 hours playing in the first three weeks. (Yeah, I double checked that in our back end because I don't know when he slept.)

That being said, most of the posts are going to come from me, Oat, and Deb. Trick's around, but most of the time we talk on Skype or at our desks (sometimes with me typing behind him as he talks) so that he can focus on making the game better. Posting on the forums can be a time consuming task.

Thank's for the reply.
I don't want this to come out wrong but sometimes from my perspective it just doesn't seem like you guys are doing what you say you are doing. I still really like this game and I still play almost every day with 1300 hrs in to it.
I have 12 toons with 7 over 1000.
If you play how could you not notice the volge emergency giving consistent blue drops with a green once in a while until the seiges started up when they went to nothing at all?
Please don't think I'm calling you a liar. I'm not at all, I just have a hard time lining up what you say you guys do with what it seems to me you guys do.

Good luck and Godspeed with the game.

I'll be here 'till the last dog dies.