PDA

View Full Version : The BMG Menace

Dross
09-28-2013, 08:14 PM
Finding myself getting angrier and playing less because of the almost universal use of these bloody things at all events. Any plans to reduce the graphical effect in the pipeline? The game is shooter and therefore is reliant on being able to SEE - almost an impossibility these days.

Xaearth
09-28-2013, 08:15 PM
Ah... the good old days when there would be a dozen players at any given arkfall spamming their Hydras.

In other words, I doubt they're going to reduce the graphics.
Instead they'll just nerf all BMGs. :rolleyes:

hey u
09-28-2013, 09:06 PM
What I don't get about bmg is I see people at an Arkfall and they just stand in 1 spot nothing attacks them and they just stand and shoot. I don't get it there I am running and shooting like a mad man and there is a player just standing in 1 spot aiming and shooting not moving it like WTF I say to myself.

There I am running in circles dodging attacks and really fun and there I see that or those player/players standing and shooting. Would help if they ran and shoot but nope just stand in 1 spot and shoot. While there I am shooting and enemies shooting at me. Don't get me wrong I LOVE the challenge and more difficulty to it but like a WTF when there I am getting hit and there is that or those players shooting at the crystal while nothing attacks them but all up on me.

I do love that they all up on me and not so much them but I know deep down that this is not how an Arkfall is suppose to be played and yet I play it how it is and say to myself ahh

Bonehead
09-28-2013, 09:47 PM
turning off bloom helps a bit.
The glow does not seem to have that big an impact on me. Most times I can aim through it.

WhiteF8ng
09-28-2013, 09:54 PM
They are actually gonna tone down the graphical interference of the BMGs actually, says Trick. Especially the Protector. I actually don't mind the BMGs but it's when that graphic gets stuck on me is when it gets annoying...

Deunan
09-29-2013, 12:35 AM
Is there a reason why someone would use one when it's clearly not needed? I've had some run around using it on me when I already have full shields. Not for a moment by mistake mind you, but following me for an entire Arkfall wave.

Lillith Valerian
09-29-2013, 12:41 AM
The glow of the BMGs are waaay too bright, and more than annoying.

This isn't a casual forum complaint. I find it so annoying that I refuse to inflict it unnecessarily on others. When I heal for extra keys, I only use a gun with a single stream. I also do everything I can to stay behind the person I'm healing (to interfere as little as possible with their line of fire), and I only pick out injured hunters and heal only precisely as long as necessary. People that run around lazily spamming everyone are idiots.

I really hope they tone the graphic down soon. At 'night' time, it actually hurts my eyes.

Chump Norris
09-29-2013, 01:19 AM
What I don't get about bmg is I see people at an Arkfall and they just stand in 1 spot nothing attacks them and they just stand and shoot. I don't get it there I am running and shooting like a mad man and there is a player just standing in 1 spot aiming and shooting not moving it like WTF I say to myself.

There I am running in circles dodging attacks and really fun and there I see that or those player/players standing and shooting. Would help if they ran and shoot but nope just stand in 1 spot and shoot. While there I am shooting and enemies shooting at me. Don't get me wrong I LOVE the challenge and more difficulty to it but like a WTF when there I am getting hit and there is that or those players shooting at the crystal while nothing attacks them but all up on me.

I do love that they all up on me and not so much them but I know deep down that this is not how an Arkfall is suppose to be played and yet I play it how it is and say to myself ahh

Where are they standing? I dont play to much anymore so I dont care if everyone knows now...every Arkfall with a destroy the crystal has a weak spot you can melee for around 700 dmg per hit. Are these people holding the heal button and meleeing over and over in the same spot?

WhiteF8ng
09-29-2013, 02:39 AM
The BMGs do minimal dmg so they don't draw any aggro because other players are doing more damage so nothing attacks them. And some enemies just don't even acknowledge the BMG like Tankers.

Kaiselius
09-29-2013, 06:01 AM
Is there a reason why someone would use one when it's clearly not needed? I've had some run around using it on me when I already have full shields. Not for a moment by mistake mind you, but following me for an entire Arkfall wave.

at least on PS3, it can be pretty hard to see who needs healing. You can't see someones health bar unless your crosshairs are directly on them, combined with the crappy latency the game has, it is pretty much impossible to tell who's hurt. It's just easier to spam heal and hope the link gets to someone who is injured.

Lorchra
09-29-2013, 06:18 AM
It's the same on the PC. You need to spin around and look for players who are not at full health, and even if you find a guy who could use some healing he will probably zigzag around so you'll have a hard time following them. So yeah, it's easier to find a spot where guys hit by armatures or monolith missiles/shockwaves are fairly easy to reach, and just shoot the beam into the crowd.

Xzelian
09-29-2013, 06:32 AM
at least on PS3, it can be pretty hard to see who needs healing. You can't see someones health bar unless your crosshairs are directly on them, combined with the crappy latency the game has, it is pretty much impossible to tell who's hurt. It's just easier to spam heal and hope the link gets to someone who is injured.

This is very much correct, however I will also further this is saying that most of us who carry a bmg into an arkfall (and yes I am one who places it in my standard ark loadout) uses a stingray with -20 link time or a +1 max link. You may wish to heal a player across the map, but it will not reach that far. To accomplish this you aim at the nearest closes player and arc to them instead.
A good stingray with decent level bmg's can reach clear around a minor crystal in a sea of blue.
For a BMG junkie nothing is more satisfying than that upside waterfall of green numbers, or "making popcorn" with scrappers.
When you examine an ego 4K + player you will notice that many of us carry them and would hate to see them hindered (which is where these threads tend to go)

I also very much support toning down the graphic on these as well just as an FYI. I would even like the ability to change the beam color so I know when it's my beam vs someone elses and I can offer protection or cover an area another player isn't already managing.

Valdrane78
09-29-2013, 06:51 AM
When it gets bad enough that I can't seen, I just point in the general direction of the bad guys and wait for my reticle to turn red, then I pull the trigger. That being said, I shouldn't have to do that. I think the concept of a healing weapon is admirable, it makes it so anyone can heal, and there should be a place for that in the game. The graphics for the BMG need to be toned down, quite a bit.

Deunan
09-29-2013, 02:33 PM
at least on PS3, it can be pretty hard to see who needs healing. You can't see someones health bar unless your crosshairs are directly on them, combined with the crappy latency the game has, it is pretty much impossible to tell who's hurt. It's just easier to spam heal and hope the link gets to someone who is injured.One was a small Arkfall. There were three of us. >^^<

Samhael
09-29-2013, 02:45 PM
Reasons for bmg use:

1. If you heal a certain amount of health at arcfalls you get max keys even when getting to the event late.

2. Leveling bmgs outside arcfalls is tedious now that the unlimited hellbug spaen is gone.

3. Skimming +assists at seiges when you don't feel like shooting 'last shot' kills at seiges. You can get 20k healing usually.

4. People complain and it's fun to annoy self righteous snots who get upset at how others play a game.

Thearl
09-29-2013, 04:04 PM
Reasons for bmg use:

1. If you heal a certain amount of health at arcfalls you get max keys even when getting to the event late.

Lately, its the only way to get keys. I show up at a Revolting Hellbugs major within 10 seconds of spawn. I participate in all five minors and get the kill shot on the hellion. I rank #2 on the event. i did not use a BMG. I get 2 keys.

I show up halfway through the Monitor event late in a DM arkfall. I use a BMG to heal three people. I don't even rank on the event. I get 6 keys and an Oj RL.

randomvg
09-30-2013, 03:53 PM
I will stop using BMG's at minor/major Arkfalls/sieges when.....
I can see my target through the scope. Kind of hard to see the target with oh so many people using things that go boom and make pretty explosions that effectively blind a scope user......
The blue glow from the BMG's does not bother me at all in anyway.... the detonator/rocket launcher explosions on the other hand....
Shrug..... what bothers me doesn't bother others and vice versa.
Oh.. and what others have said... please don't use the Ego Spikes at the DM Arkfalls unless there is actually something to shoot at..... sheesh.

3rdpig
09-30-2013, 04:08 PM
Reasons for bmg use:

4. People complain and it's fun to annoy self righteous snots who get upset at how others play a game.

I have a hard time believing you could be this dense. Read some of the posts, we don't give a diseased rat's rear end how you play the game, what we don't like is to be blinded so we can't see what we're shooting at.

You can RP as a "combat medic" in a game where there's no use for it and I don't care. You can use the game mechanics in a way that makes it harder for others and artificially boosts your own score and I don't care. But blind me, make it impossible for me to play the game they way I like, then I care.

That simple enough to understand?

Lillith Valerian
09-30-2013, 07:22 PM
I have a hard time believing you could be this dense. Read some of the posts, we don't give a diseased rat's rear end how you play the game, what we don't like is to be blinded so we can't see what we're shooting at.

You can RP as a "combat medic" in a game where there's no use for it and I don't care. You can use the game mechanics in a way that makes it harder for others and artificially boosts your own score and I don't care. But blind me, make it impossible for me to play the game they way I like, then I care.

That simple enough to understand?

Attempting to articulate a reasonable point with anyone who resides beneath a bridge is usually a hopeless endeavor. They typically contain an intellectually-toxic combination of an oblivious lack of self-awareness, and a need to provoke others for attention (and a sense of control).

To those who have stated that it's 'too hard' to heal specific people who are damaged: nonsense. It's all I do, and it typically only takes a minute or two.

To the guy who suggested colored BMG beams: neato idea. Bring on the pink! Just as long as they tone down the brightness.

Carnak
10-01-2013, 04:41 PM
Agree that they're a pain and am very glad they're looking at changing it.

I tend to play healers myself so the BMG should be my friend. But I've been in some events where I've just about been blinded by others using them on me.

DOHC46
10-01-2013, 05:26 PM
I read the title and the Darth Maul theme from SW:TFM started going thru my head... LOL

But, on a serious note, I agree that the VFX for the BMG could be toned down a bit.

Elastik Spastik
10-02-2013, 01:46 AM
I am guilty of this but only because im trying to grind it to level 10 for the pursuit. Im always actively looking for people that do actually need healing and dont spam heal. When there is no one to heal I damage the eny with it. But oh my it takes such a long time. Im on level 9 n half but bloody thing doesnt seem to move. They should also dim down the blue glow when it its a person though.