PDA

View Full Version : Pre-orders, NA version and the EU version

Rayn
01-23-2013, 09:28 AM
What is the difference between NA and EU versions? Are there going to be separate servers for each version?

Elrian
01-23-2013, 03:10 PM
There will most likely be one USA and one EU server at launch but we can't be sure 100% so wait and see.

Would be cool to have an option to transfer servers as well.

Myll_Erik
01-23-2013, 03:14 PM
We will hopefully get more details to you folks soon!

Jebediah Morningside
01-23-2013, 03:20 PM
What does having different servers mean for world events, especially ones that tie in with the TV show? In Tabula Rasa, an MMO long past, there were hardly any events on the EU server, but regular events were held on US servers. I wouldn't like to see the same thing happening in Defiance if the EU server, or any other non-US server for that matter, is treated like an unwanted child.

Rayn
01-23-2013, 04:00 PM
What does having different servers mean for world events, especially ones that tie in with the TV show? In Tabula Rasa, an MMO long past, there were hardly any events on the EU server, but regular events were held on US servers. I wouldn't like to see the same thing happening in Defiance if the EU server, or any other non-US server for that matter, is treated like an unwanted child.

Different servers mean that... well its practically a different world. What happend on one server won't effect another server, and the people playing on server A can't play with or contact players in server B. As for the events I believe they are dynamic and based on server population, the event are also run by the server (but can be edited by devs on the fly) so no unwanted children.

Rayn
01-23-2013, 04:02 PM
We will hopefully get more details to you folks soon!

Thank you, I want to know if I wish to play with EU friends whether or not I need to buy the EU version of the game or if the NA version allows me to access the EU servers someway or another.

Jebediah Morningside
01-23-2013, 04:34 PM
(...)Thanks for clearing that up. However I might still opt to start on a US server simply because of player population. It isn't the kind of game that's that depending on low latency connections anyway.

Thorne25
01-23-2013, 06:54 PM
Hi everyone! Please direct your questions about the pre-orders to Myll_Erik's thread here! (http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?1367-***Official-Preorder-Q-amp-A-Thread-Come-ask-your-questions-here!***) We're trying to get everyone's questions and concerns into one place, so I'm closing this thread now.