PDA

View Full Version : Question about mod details and how some mods made my gun very slow

QuakeNaked
09-30-2013, 12:09 PM
I got a Volge Battle Rifle Gun MK-1, and I really liked the high damage, and it fired fast. However the rate of fire description said 1.5 - but it's a light machine gun, so that was confusing since machine guns are supposed to fire fast, right?

Then I bought two Brutal synergy mods - a stock and magazine. I assumed I'd see the synergy information in the gun details, but I don't. I can see the mod multipliers, like 1.15 melee dmg and x1.40 mag next to the mod slot, but I don't see anything about the synergy bonus.

Also, adding those two mods made my gun fire really slow. Remember I said it fired really fast but the fire rate was listed at 1.5? Well now it fires 1.5. So it seems the gun was borked and adding the mod reset it to its proper speed, but also lost the synergy.

Just wondering if anyone had some insight on this? Know what's going on, or know of a fix? Thx!

Critical Errors
09-30-2013, 01:40 PM
The Volge battle rifle does not have a synergy, so you could have placed non-syn mods on it. You won't see the Brutal synergy bonus on a weapon anyways, as melee damage does not show in the stats.

As for the mag bonus, your Volge rifle starts at 15 rounds. You placed a Tier II mag mod in it, so your stats should now show x1.40 the magazine capacity: 21 rounds.

Search the sticky notes at the top of the forums to get a better description of synergies.

Atticus Batman
09-30-2013, 01:45 PM
The Volge battle rifle does not have a synergy, so you could have placed non-syn mods on it. You won't see the Brutal synergy bonus on a weapon anyways, as melee damage does not show in the stats.

As for the mag bonus, your Volge rifle starts at 15 rounds. You placed a Tier II mag mod in it, so your stats should now show x1.40 the magazine capacity: 21 rounds.

Search the sticky notes at the top of the forums to get a better description of synergies.

Oe check the link to guides at the bottom of my sig.

QuakeNaked
09-30-2013, 07:49 PM

I know I put two Brutal mods on the gun (they cost 6K scrip each) - but you're right, the gun did not come with any synergy on it. Does that mean that the gun has to all ready have a synergy on it before I put a mod in to get the synergy bonuses?

crasher
09-30-2013, 08:21 PM
I know I put two Brutal mods on the gun (they cost 6K scrip each) - but you're right, the gun did not come with any synergy on it. Does that mean that the gun has to all ready have a synergy on it before I put a mod in to get the synergy bonuses?
Yes, The weapon needs to have a synergy, and the mods need to match the synergy to get the effective bonus'.

Guy named Grimwyrd did defiance synergy vids on youtube... go watch them... a useful 10 minutes to spend.

QuakeNaked
09-30-2013, 08:36 PM
Ah ok, that explains it. Thanks for the answers!

DOHC46
09-30-2013, 09:36 PM
The Volge Battle Rifle is not supposed to fire fast. It hits hard as heck, but its rate of fire is like molasses in a freezer.

Bonehead
10-01-2013, 02:08 AM
it's at the low end of damage dps wise.