PDA

View Full Version : Can I get to 5000 ego by just playing the campaign over and over?

r2nddan
10-02-2013, 02:25 PM
Pursuits are boring. Is it humanly possible to play the campaign over and over again and get to ego 5000.

duction
10-02-2013, 02:26 PM
i highly doubt it.

Arsenic_Touch
10-02-2013, 02:30 PM
Not even remotely.

You must do pursuits, level weapons and vehicles and max out your ego grid if you want to hit 5000

Atticus Batman
10-02-2013, 02:32 PM
Not even remotely.

You must do pursuits, level weapons and vehicles and max out your ego grid if you want to hit 5000

Exactly. There is a cap on how high your ego can level without doing pursuits or lvling most weapon/vehicle skills. I am sure Arsenic can correct me if I am wrong but I beleive it is around 2500.

r2nddan
10-02-2013, 02:46 PM
So if i wanted to reach 5000 I would have to do pvp pursuits?

Atticus Batman
10-02-2013, 02:47 PM

Most likely. Just like I would eventually have to TRY getting gold on all the dumb races.

inox2980
10-02-2013, 02:49 PM

You would need to max out your experience EGO levels (you will stop receiving experience points at some point), Level ALL your weapon/vehicle skills to 20 and complete most of your pursuits.

I can speak from experience -- I have all my vehicle skills maxed, and most of my weapon skills maxed (only left with BMG (12), Rocket Launcher (8) and Infector (19).) Most of my PVP pursuits still need to be done and all I need is like 200 Echelon rep to complete my EGO Master pursuit. Currently at EGO 4817.

r2nddan
10-02-2013, 02:50 PM
I am sorry but there is something fundamentally wrong with that. I can see how doing these pursuits would make it faster, but if I like playing the campaign or arkfalls, I should be able to continue to raise my ego.

Atticus Batman
10-02-2013, 02:56 PM
I am sorry but there is something fundamentally wrong with that. I can see how doing these pursuits would make it faster, but if I like playing the campaign or arkfalls, I should be able to continue to raise my ego.

The ego rating is there to show your mastery of the game, not just the ability to grind through enemies and level in the traditional way.

That being said you cap at 5000 so it would be dumb to try grinding until you achieve it anyway. Most 5k players have quit because they fell that now that they acheived the cap there is NOTHING to do in game. I would rather take my time and just do what I want in game, and NOT care if I achieve mastery or not.

inox2980
10-02-2013, 02:58 PM
The ego rating is there to show your mastery of the game, not just the ability to grind through enemies and level in the traditional way.

That being said you cap at 5000 so it would be dumb to try grinding until you achieve it anyway. Most 5k players have quit because they fell that now that they acheived the cap there is NOTHING to do in game. I would rather take my time and just do what I want in game, and NOT care if I achieve mastery or not.

You're just no fun Atticus :) But unfortunately, you're right...

Kaiselius
10-02-2013, 03:00 PM
Not even remotely.

Aww man, does that mean I'm never going to hit 5000 because I don't have any friends to do the social persuits even though I've finished almost all the others?

Shadow Andreas
10-02-2013, 03:01 PM

Don't forget that because of all the cross over content....you can actually physically get over 5000 but it would still just SHOW 5000 in game. I'm not sure how many EGO points were added....but that will cut a little out of either the pursuits or leveling things.

Atticus Batman
You're just no fun Atticus :) But unfortunately, you're right...

Not sure if it's good that I am constantly accused of being no fun on the forum, but I do love that I am constantly accused of being right! :cool:

r2nddan

You make a good point. Don't get me wrong. I have no intention of grinding until 5000. But, I would like to continue to level up for doing things I like to do in game. Mastery is a bunch of crap. The pvp in this game was no where good enough to "master". You mean grind.

inox2980
10-02-2013, 03:03 PM
You make a good point. Don't get me wrong. I have no intention of grinding until 5000. But, I would like to continue to level up for doing things I like to do in game. Mastery is a bunch of crap. The pvp in this game was no where good enough to "master". You mean grind.

Actually it won't even be easy to grind PVP due to long queue waiting times -- IF you are able to join the match at all.

Atticus Batman
10-02-2013, 03:04 PM
Don't forget that because of all the cross over content....you can actually physically get over 5000 but it would still just SHOW 5000 in game. I'm not sure how many EGO points were added....but that will cut a little out of either the pursuits or leveling things.

Your right, wich means if you did all those then you could get away with not doin 1 or 2 of the others theoretically. Although I would assume you should still do some of the ones in PvP if you can stomache it.

r2nddan
10-02-2013, 03:05 PM
Actually it won't even be easy to grind PVP due to long queue waiting times -- IF you are able to join the match at all.
I guess it will be 2500 max for me. That's fine. I'll be happy that I got all the xbox achievements. I will continue to play, but will only do what I like. 5000 can kiss my ***.

Atticus Batman
10-02-2013, 03:06 PM

I haven't mastered the PvP either but I am fine with the 3k or so ego I have, and I've been here from the start. If I remember right Andreas and a few others aren't much higher, because they just don't care much about game mastery either..

Dandrielas
10-02-2013, 03:08 PM
Not sure if it's good that I am constantly accused of being no fun on the forum, but I do love that I am constantly accused of being right! :cool:

That is my problem with Batman in general. He is always so serious all the time which is why I prefer Deadpool, Spiderman, and Nightwing. :)

Shadow Andreas
10-02-2013, 03:11 PM
I guess it will be 2500 max for me. That's fine. I'll be happy that I got all the xbox achievements. I will continue to play, but will only do what I like. 5000 can kiss my ***.

You won't get all the Xbox achievements...there are a few that are PVP specific. :(

Atticus Batman
10-02-2013, 03:12 PM
the 2500 is if you ONLY level from killing things. Do the pursuits you can handle and level up the weapon skills and vehicle skills you can handle and you should get higher. How much higher depends on how many pursuits you do. Btw when you have gotten all the exp you can from killing things your exp bar won't raise from a kill anymore. So once you see that happen you'll know it's time to lvl your skills more or do more pursuits. It hasn't happened for me yet but as I said I have done several of the pursuits as well. Most of my weapon skills are 10 or higher, Ba snipers are 20, Ars and Lmgs are around 17 and Sea snipers are around 12. And my roller and runner skills are maxed.

inox2980
10-02-2013, 03:12 PM

Well, if you are just replaying the storyline and doing ArkFalls, you'll definitely complete the below major pursuits which grant new outfits / titles:

Ark Hunting as a Way of Life
Living to Kill
Combat Pursuits - Assassin/Commando/Ravager/Tank

Just to name a few.

Atticus Batman
10-02-2013, 03:13 PM
You won't get all the Xbox achievements...there are a few that are PVP specific. :(

Yes that echelon rep is tripping me up, but I do have all my headshots and vehicle kills in pvp.

Shadow Andreas
10-02-2013, 03:13 PM
I haven't mastered the PvP either but I am fine with the 3k or so ego I have, and I've been here from the start. If I remember right Andreas and a few others aren't much higher, because they just don't care much about game mastery either..

I do want to "Master" the game....just don't know if it will happen. I'm working on my kill pursuits right now....about 300 more LMG for my 5000....then on to Combat Shotty 5000 (which I need like 3900). One thing at a time and little by little. Maybe I'll make a good dent on Nov 2-3 :)

Atticus Batman
10-02-2013, 03:15 PM
That is my problem with Batman in general. He is always so serious all the time which is why I prefer Deadpool, Spiderman, and Nightwing. :)

In my defense, Most of the time when I am even a little humorous on this forum, a troll repeatedly reports me until I am banned temporarily. But I am trying, and waiting for another ban again. Check the thread about game secrets.

inox2980
10-02-2013, 03:15 PM

THAT'S why you guys are cool. Playing the game JUST to play the game - need more peeps like you guys.

Atticus Batman
10-02-2013, 03:17 PM
I do want to "Master" the game....just don't know if it will happen. I'm working on my kill pursuits right now....about 300 more LMG for my 5000....then on to Combat Shotty 5000 (which I need like 3900). One thing at a time and little by little. Maybe I'll make a good dent on Nov 2-3 :)

I still stick by my don't care much statement. You want to, but don't care enough to forcefully and boringly grind.

Atticus Batman
10-02-2013, 03:19 PM
THAT'S why you guys are cool. Playing the game JUST to play the game - need more peeps like you guys.

There used to be more of us, but the whiners and trolls took our ranks down, leaving US, The DEFIANT FEW!

EDIT: Sorry, I couldn't help myself.

FDG SKULLS
10-02-2013, 03:21 PM
You would need to max out your experience EGO levels (you will stop receiving experience points at some point), Level ALL your weapon/vehicle skills to 20 and complete most of your pursuits.

I can speak from experience -- I have all my vehicle skills maxed, and most of my weapon skills maxed (only left with BMG (12), Rocket Launcher (8) and Infector (19).) Most of my PVP pursuits still need to be done and all I need is like 200 Echelon rep to complete my EGO Master pursuit. Currently at EGO 4817.

ok this sucks then because i have finish 95% of my pursuits and the story line a few times and im only ego level 3168 so your basically telling me i screwed myself because what is it like 4500 ego or 4700 ego that you stop receiving Xp from stuff. and since my pursuits are all almost done and i mean i do have a few of my skills maxed not all though i probably wont reach 5k ego.?

Edit should be way higher ego but i restart characters way to much...lol

r2nddan
10-02-2013, 03:24 PM

Already got those thanx. Got 2 left ego 2500 and complete all other achievements.

Atticus Batman
10-02-2013, 03:25 PM
ok this sucks then because i have finish 95% of my pursuits and the story line a few times and im only ego level 3168 so your basically telling me i screwed myself because what is it like 4500 ego or 4700 ego that you stop receiving Xp from stuff. and since my pursuits are all amost dont and i mean i do have a few of my skills maxed not all though i probably wont reach 5k ego.?

Means you probably haven't reached your kill exp cap yet, so loo at your current total exp, kill a few things, check again and if your exp went up, then go on killing sprees until killing no longer adds to your exp. And continue lvling your skills. THe only exp that stops is the kill exp and that stops after you have reached a certain amount of exp from killing things. Since it isn't listed you just keep killing until you KNOW it doesn't count. Then you just do what you want. That is if you plan on grinding for it to start with.

Dandrielas
10-02-2013, 03:25 PM
In my defense, Most of the time when I am even a little humorous on this forum, a troll repeatedly reports me until I am banned temporarily. But I am trying, and waiting for another ban again. Check the thread about game secrets.

I understand. I am also aware of that other thread as well. :)

Shadow Andreas
10-02-2013, 03:28 PM
I still stick by my don't care much statement. You want to, but don't care enough to forcefully and boringly grind.

You are correct.....I don't care enough to just grind everything. I play because I like the game and CRIXDA and I tear up Saturday mornings. I get on every day for a few hours....do my normal contracts....some ArkFalls and Sieges.

I'm all about having fun in game and doing what I want. There is a part of me that is an achievement wh0r3....I just hope over the long course of playing that I will eventually get them all done.....if not, that's ok too. I am in no way saying that I will though.

Atticus Batman
10-02-2013, 03:30 PM
I understand. I am also aware of that other thread as well. :)

I am hoping the troll that openly admitted he stalked me and reported ALL my posts as spam is gone, and that the new mod rules will actually allow me to start being a smart mouth more often again.

Atticus Batman
10-02-2013, 03:33 PM
You are correct.....I don't care enough to just grind everything. I play because I like the game and CRIXDA and I tear up Saturday mornings. I get on every day for a few hours....do my normal contracts....some ArkFalls and Sieges.

I'm all about having fun in game and doing what I want. There is a part of me that is an achievement wh0r3....I just hope over the long course of playing that I will eventually get them all done.....if not, that's ok too. I am in no way saying that I will though.

I keep missing Crixda by an hour or so most nights, and am NOT a morning person. As I've said before, I probably miss you by an hour on Saturdays, because I go to bed around when you are probably about to get up.

Dandrielas
10-02-2013, 03:35 PM
I am hoping the troll that openly admitted he stalked me and reported ALL my posts as spam is gone, and that the new mod rules will actually allow me to start being a smart mouth more often again.

Here's hoping then. Humorous posts outweigh serious ones most of the the time.

As for this thread, I am dreading the PvP pursuits. Currently I am working on my mastery of weapon points, but I know it will end soon.

Shadow Andreas
10-02-2013, 03:41 PM
I keep missing Crixda by an hour or so most nights, and am NOT a morning person. As I've said before, I probably miss you by an hour on Saturdays, because I go to bed around when you are probably about to get up.

I hear ya......well at least we should be able to game on Nov 2-3 :)

Atticus Batman
10-02-2013, 03:43 PM
I hear ya......well at least we should be able to game on Nov 2-3 :)

We will see. :cool:

Kaiselius
10-02-2013, 03:45 PM
So will I still be able to hit 5000 ego if I complete all but the four social contracts?

FDG SKULLS
10-02-2013, 05:19 PM
Means you probably haven't reached your kill exp cap yet, so loo at your current total exp, kill a few things, check again and if your exp went up, then go on killing sprees until killing no longer adds to your exp. And continue lvling your skills. THe only exp that stops is the kill exp and that stops after you have reached a certain amount of exp from killing things. Since it isn't listed you just keep killing until you KNOW it doesn't count. Then you just do what you want. That is if you plan on grinding for it to start with.
thank man.

Atticus Batman
10-02-2013, 08:01 PM
thank man.

No prob. Certain things stop giving you exp, but you don't completely stop until you are at 5000. Truthfully if you have done EVERYTHING offered you should have a little over 5k, I think the count was 5200. But you exp bar STOPS at 5k exactly. So the current debate is wether that extra EXP is lost or if it is still there on a hidden tracker, and wether those that have it done now will be given it on their xp bar when and IF the cap is ever increased.

Atticus Batman
10-02-2013, 08:02 PM
So will I still be able to hit 5000 ego if I complete all but the four social contracts?

If the count is correct, then if you have done ALL the episodic missions they have ever offered, then most likely.

Kaiselius
10-02-2013, 10:36 PM
If the count is correct, then if you have done ALL the episodic missions they have ever offered, then most likely.
Ah poop, I didn't know they were limited time things when I joined and never finished them...

crasher
10-03-2013, 12:51 AM
Ah poop, I didn't know they were limited time things when I joined and never finished them...
Many/most episodics will prolly be redone for the new-newbs as they buy the game and come on board.

Prolly.

YOU might not still be here......

Irondiesel58
10-03-2013, 08:33 AM
Nope, you got to level out all your guns to 20 and finish all pursuits too.