PDA

View Full Version : Lock Box 4 Still SUCKS

Traxx
10-02-2013, 08:19 PM
Before the patch I got tons of blue, blue, blue, green. Now all I get is blue, blue, blue, blue. Just a few bucks more when I sell the trash back. Not much of an upgrade if you ask me. The only good items come from Volge sieges.

fgbrooks
10-02-2013, 09:45 PM
Agree. Opened 1 T4 box and got 4 garbage blues.

Kaiselius
10-02-2013, 10:20 PM
They never said they were increasing anything, just eliminating the chance at getting anything below blue rarity.

Nefarious
10-02-2013, 11:25 PM
opened 2 today. both had 2 blues and 2 purples. Didn't get anything I liked though. But at least there are no greens.

Deunan
10-02-2013, 11:34 PM
Is this for game consoles only? I didn't notice any patch update for my PC version and the latest patch notes in my start-up window are for 1.103

Lorchra
10-03-2013, 12:10 AM
It's for the PC too. My launcher shows the correct patch notes so the problem is at your end.

Dandrielas
10-03-2013, 12:17 AM
I am just happy to get no more greens.

JPlay
10-03-2013, 12:31 AM
Pulled 8
Level 4 lockboxes
Got 4 oranges
Only one worth keeping (shield)

Just lucky but wish I pulled just one that I would use
I was in a two week drought

Kaiselius
10-03-2013, 12:32 AM
Is this for game consoles only? I didn't notice any patch update for my PC version and the latest patch notes in my start-up window are for 1.103

PS3 here, I don't recall any actual download either, but it has taken effect.

Dandrielas
10-03-2013, 12:34 AM
PS3 here, I don't recall any actual download either, but it has taken effect.

I noticed that too. Was it an actual patch, or just a quick server side fix?

Deunan
10-03-2013, 05:10 PM
It's downloading for me today with the patch notes showing in the launch window. I got on the game fine yesterday without the patch though. Weird.

EDIT: I never closed the launch window after logging off the during the server upgrade. I would have thought that it wouldn't be possible to play with an unpatched client though. Still a lil weird.

GeneCo
10-03-2013, 10:50 PM
The lock boxes not only still suck, but may be worse in some ways. On PC, I opened 5 T4 boxes today and got all blues each time. I have never opened that many boxes before without even getting at least a purple or two.

Krayus Korianis
10-03-2013, 10:56 PM
Tier 4 Lock Boxes are purple... Tier 3 are blue... Why are they switched around? Tier 4 should be purple, while Tier 3 should be blue.

Bonehead
10-03-2013, 11:06 PM
I like not getting any greens so thats good and I just now pulled a blue charge blade so thats kind of cool.I can't say I'm a big fan of how they have their rng set up but I think it's better than it was.

Ray186
10-04-2013, 01:10 AM
In the last 24 hours I have pulled 3 oranges from T4 lock boxes.

A pump shotgun

A VBI ARMADA

And a 2 shot sawed off shotgun This one's synergy doesn't make any sense as it's rolling thunder. I think their great. From only 4 boxes too.

adrokier
10-04-2013, 02:07 AM
received 1 Orange Weapon from T4Lock Box yesterday.

Arsenic_Touch
10-04-2013, 02:17 AM
Yeah they still suck. RNG in this game is just so terrible. What's better, I've been getting the same synergies and bonuses all day.

Valdrane78
10-04-2013, 02:17 AM
RNG is RNG, you are either lucky or you are not. Some people get nothing but blues in a T4 lb, others get oranges. I have pulled a few purples. The point is, that they are not dropping greens anymore, or even whites (yes I got a few of those out of T4s). So just because you don't get exactly what you want, doesn't mean they suck, it just means you have bad luck. When they buffed them, it did not mean you would get automatic purples and oranges.

Xaearth
10-04-2013, 02:24 AM
RNG is RNG, you are either lucky or you are not.

But some RNGs are more R than others (as anyone somewhat knowledgeable in programming could tell you).

I don't know anyone that has played Defiance for any real length of time and hasn't questioned just how "random" the RNG is here.

Hell I wouldn't be surprised to find the RNG is based solely on the client side clock.

Valdrane78
10-04-2013, 02:31 AM
But some RNGs are more R than others.

I don't know anyone that has played Defiance for any real length of time and hasn't questioned just how "random" the RNG is here.

Hell I wouldn't be surprised to find the RNG is based solely on the client side clock.

I have played a slew of MMOs and RNG is the same in all of them. Sometimes you get lucky with the first few and other times you wait months to get what you need. Every game works it a bit differently, but most of them are based of a basic mathematical equation and it's the server that runs that program.

Yes, with enough information we could in theory break that equation and find out when and where you have to buy a lockbox to get an orange. But I highly doubt anyone woudl be willing to compile all that info and try to do it.

Arsenic_Touch
10-04-2013, 02:41 AM
But some RNGs are more R than others (as anyone somewhat knowledgeable in programming could tell you).

Found 6 white couriers in a row when I was leveling my sawed off, each one a different ego level, they all got a mastery bonus of recoil. RNG is so fun!

adrokier
10-04-2013, 03:14 AM
Faithful: ...some people are lucky and some not..., this is a statement form the T2 Support Team ...

And if ure lucky and get an orange weapon, then U need to be lucky again to get a good synergy, or a good boni that makes sense on the weapon ... (some synergy makes no sense on some weapons, like x1,25Mag and again 1,15 Mag on VOT NANO FRAGGER!)

And I hate the Boni with ... 200% for self revive, I need orange stuff only for pvp ... and self revive is not a bit useful there ... and it is really hard to find mod type III

regards
Archon aka adrokier

sFw
10-04-2013, 04:28 AM
I'm very disapointet with lockboxes in general.....tbh vendors sux, chatsystem sux too & loot in general is kinda the same all the time, too few differences in stats etc...

Crymson
10-04-2013, 06:11 AM
4 T4 Boxes yesterday...All blues.

Rumeyes
10-04-2013, 06:23 AM
4 T4 Boxes yesterday...All blues.

At least they dropped the green from the loottable. So now it's just blue vs. purple vs. orange vs. synergy. Might even make oranges cheaper on the market in the endrun as well.

Zugo
10-04-2013, 07:07 AM
Purchased one T4 box yesturday.

Purple
Blue
Blue
Orange

Pretty good for a first try. I havn't had an orange in about two weeks prior to patch.

moornblade
10-04-2013, 07:36 AM
A vain attempt to still want to farm codes for hours and hours to get unnecessary items.

Obtaining rare weapons from pure random, it's just pathetic!

There are so many other ways to encourage players to stay in the game and continue playing ...

thefndodge
10-04-2013, 07:52 AM
I spent 1 mil ark salvage on boxes yesterday. 500K on T3 boxes and got no oranges. The second 500K on T4 boxes and got four oranges, one of which is a syphon surge bolter. I'm sticking with T4 boxes from now on.

Snodination
10-04-2013, 07:59 AM
I was incredibly disappointed with this change. It seems they essentially raised the minimum loot level by eliminating the greens and balanced it out by lowering the odds of purple or orange gear. The worst part is that they promised "major improvement. I wish they would just put it back the way it was if this is what they are going to give us.

When is Trion going to get it right. There is so much I really do love about this game but it's getting hard to stay.

Rincewind
10-04-2013, 08:12 AM
Bought one tier four box yesterday, and two golds dropped
A semi sniper and slugger
No complaints here

Justified
10-04-2013, 08:18 AM
I was incredibly disappointed with this change. It seems they essentially raised the minimum loot level by eliminating the greens and balanced it out by lowering the odds of purple or orange gear. The worst part is that they promised "major improvement. I wish they would just put it back the way it was if this is what they are going to give us.

When is Trion going to get it right. There is so much I really do love about this game but it's getting hard to stay.

I doubt they lowered the odds on the purple an orange. The reason people are getting a lot of blues now is because the blues are now given a larger range in the RNG.

Here's what it was like before: *this is not the actual game mechanic*

Green: 65%
Blue: 23%
Purple: 10%
Orange: 2%

Now, because there's no more green:

Blue: 88%
Purple:10%

People just got too excited when Trion said they were going to "improve" the RNG by removing the greens. The key phrase is "by removing the greens." Since I doubt they'll ever give us the actual % of the RNG, it's pretty much impossible to know if they really improved the % of the purple and orange drop rates.

Instead of Trion messing around with the RNG any more, they should be building raid instances where you get a higher chance at oranges from bosses. This would be end game content, but sadly, I don't think they'll be able to pull it off.

xilfxlegion
10-04-2013, 09:29 AM
Before the patch I got tons of blue, blue, blue, green. Now all I get is blue, blue, blue, blue. Just a few bucks more when I sell the trash back. Not much of an upgrade if you ask me. The only good items come from Volge sieges.

i have had the opposite.

in 5 tier 4 boxes i pulled an orange vbi assault rifle, an orange vot pulser, an orange nano fragger, and an orange immunizer.

best i have gotten from a siege so far ( scoring over 20k points ) is an orange spanner protector.

GeneCo
10-04-2013, 09:59 AM
Here's what it was like before: *this is not the actual game mechanic*

Green: 65%
Blue: 23%
Purple: 10%

Now, because there's no more green:

Blue: 88%
Purple:10%

(Just using the numbers Justified posted to make a point. This is not a jab at Justified, rather the Defiance RNG in general)

So we know people that put in tons of time to get keys to open boxes trough gameplay generally are not happy unless they get at least a purple in a box. So 88% percent of the time people get blues out of boxes and are not happy. Most businesses cannot stay in business when 88% of the time their customers are not happy. It is simple.

Defiance needs to find a better way to achieve desirable gear, or they will continue to loose players.

inox2980
10-04-2013, 10:12 AM
(Just using the numbers Justified posted to make a point. This is not a jab at Justified, rather the Defiance RNG in general)

So we know people that put in tons of time to get keys to open boxes trough gameplay generally are not happy unless they get at least a purple in a box. So 88% percent of the time people get blues out of boxes and are not happy. No business can stay in business when 88% of the time their customers are not happy. It is simple.

Defiance needs to find a better way to achieve desirable gear, or they will continue to loose players.

I agree - I mean WTF is wrong with completing a very difficult RAID/Co-Op to get a chance at a Legendary item?

TE5LA
10-04-2013, 11:26 AM
Opened four boxes, nothing but blue junk. I've honestly NEVER seen an orange item in the game. Maybe it's because I'm only 801 EGO, not sure.

mattr
10-04-2013, 11:38 AM
I agree - I mean WTF is wrong with completing a very difficult RAID/Co-Op to get a chance at a Legendary item?

That would end up with them having to change more core mechanics of the game. I may be wrong as i'm making a lot of assumptions here, but I see it this way.

If anything like you guys are talking about (co-op/raid) was implemented it would be instanced. Current group cap is 4 so there goes your raids.

To warrant having an orange drop in a 4-man would require the difficulty to be ramped up to failure unless you have above average skills, equipment, perk setups. From everything we've seen Trion implement, it points to them NOT wanting encounters to be above average in difficulty. Too many players complain it's too difficult (Jackleg/Nim) and out goes the difficulty.

Essentially what we would end up with is difficulty on the level of current co-ops that have a chance to drop Orange loot. And if you look at it from that point of view we already have Arkfalls and Seiges for that....

Sounds like a lose/lose situation to me without changing core mechanics of the game.

EDIT: and as another poke at Trion. If they did raise the difficulty that much, part of the challenge would be to even keep all 4 people of the party through the whole instance without disconnecting/freezing :p *hint hint to Trion*

inox2980
10-04-2013, 12:08 PM
That would end up with them having to change more core mechanics of the game. I may be wrong as i'm making a lot of assumptions here, but I see it this way.

If anything like you guys are talking about (co-op/raid) was implemented it would be instanced. Current group cap is 4 so there goes your raids.

To warrant having an orange drop in a 4-man would require the difficulty to be ramped up to failure unless you have above average skills, equipment, perk setups. From everything we've seen Trion implement, it points to them NOT wanting encounters to be above average in difficulty. Too many players complain it's too difficult (Jackleg/Nim) and out goes the difficulty.

Essentially what we would end up with is difficulty on the level of current co-ops that have a chance to drop Orange loot. And if you look at it from that point of view we already have Arkfalls and Seiges for that....

Sounds like a lose/lose situation to me without changing core mechanics of the game.

EDIT: and as another poke at Trion. If they did raise the difficulty that much, part of the challenge would be to even keep all 4 people of the party through the whole instance without disconnecting/freezing :p *hint hint to Trion*

Let them ramp the difficulty up! If there is a Raid with a chance at Legendary loot, the difficulty should be understood. As with Co-Ops, etc. these events are optional. if it's too hard, then too bad - don't do it.

crasher
10-04-2013, 12:46 PM

So we know people that put in tons of time to get keys to open boxes trough gameplay generally are not happy unless they get at least a purple in a box. So 88% percent of the time people get blues out of boxes and are not happy. No business can stay in business when 88% of the time their customers are not happy. It is simple.

Not to put too fine a point on it, but The Lottery does, though I agree with your premise.

It's unsatisfying.

The problem is that ppl wont be satisfied until they're drawing 25% orange, (and preferably them alone, while everyone else is still pulling 8%). I mean, whats going to be the point when everyone scraps all their blus/purps because their inventories are bursting with oranges?
Most of the oranges will have crap rolls anyway. Then it's going to be 'Same % of oranges, better rolls'...

SICK_VENDETTA
10-04-2013, 01:24 PM
Don't feel entitled to get an orange for a t4 they are RARE

Jet1337
10-04-2013, 01:54 PM

Speak for yourself. Yesterday when the patch came out, the first item I got from the first T4 lockbox was an orange shield.

GeneCo
10-04-2013, 06:21 PM
Not to put too fine a point on it, but The Lottery does, though I agree with your premise.

It's unsatisfying.

The problem is that ppl wont be satisfied until they're drawing 25% orange, (and preferably them alone, while everyone else is still pulling 8%). I mean, whats going to be the point when everyone scraps all their blus/purps because their inventories are bursting with oranges?
Most of the oranges will have crap rolls anyway. Then it's going to be 'Same % of oranges, better rolls'...

lol... good point :) I will change my post to say "Most businesses" instead of "No business"

Bolgor_TheHound
10-04-2013, 06:42 PM
friend got a white weapon out of a tier 4 box at iron demon earlier today lol...

ArkGuardian_MichaelDial
10-04-2013, 07:04 PM
been getting all blues. Not even a Purple. Really Sucks....

Total of 15 boxes btw >.<

Rasilon
10-04-2013, 11:45 PM
First and only one so far, I bought after the Patch gave me an Orange BMG and a bunch of blues.

Coyote Clive
10-06-2013, 07:35 PM
Weird. I think it's just good/bad luck. I had a crazy run on oranges from T4's yesterday. I even got 2 oranges in one box. Orange Mazu and an orange nade launcher. Funny thing is it started right after I gave a fully modded orange ground pounder to a friend of mine because it was one of two of her ultimate wish list weapons next to an orange SAW. She thanked me profusely and ran off to blow things up. In the next 4 hours I got 8 orange weapons including an orange Volge battle rifle gun thing from a Volge siege. I am pretty sure I've peaked in this game. Everything has to go wrong now.

P.S. I used bits to buy some of those boxes.

Jet1337
10-06-2013, 07:45 PM
P.S. I used bits to buy some of those boxes.

Wow.........

Bonehead
10-06-2013, 07:47 PM

It's unsatisfying.

I'd be really happy if I was pulling eight percent oj from t-4 boxes.

Bolgor_TheHound
10-06-2013, 08:37 PM
Last night I pulled 3 tier 4 boxes and got four blue items out of all three

then I pull 6 tier 3 boxes and pull an orange armada in the 5th box (from the same lockbox)

then I pull 8 tier 2 boxes and pull and orange Respark Contender V EX with a 15% melee bonus out of the 7th box (from the same lockbox)

My question...if they increased the orange drop chance of all tier 4 lockboxs then why am i having better luck with 2's and 3's??

Dandrielas
10-06-2013, 09:03 PM
Last night I pulled 3 tier 4 boxes and got four blue items out of all three

then I pull 6 tier 3 boxes and pull an orange armada in the 5th box (from the same lockbox)

then I pull 8 tier 2 boxes and pull and orange Respark Contender V EX with a 15% melee bonus out of the 7th box (from the same lockbox)

My question...if they increased the orange drop chance of all tier 4 lockboxs then why am i having better luck with 2's and 3's??

I should go for the T3's then because my luck with T4s is awful.

N3gativeCr33p
10-07-2013, 06:18 AM
Bought my first T4 lockbox since the update Saturday night... all four items were blues, but two of the blue shields that I received were pretty much identical as far as their overall stats go.

BloodMight
10-07-2013, 06:29 AM
I got 3 orange items when I 1st started playing this game all from blue boxes that was well over a month ago, since the patch ive only been buying purple lock box and still no orange.

I always view peoples gear every where I go, even at the guys hanging around after an arkfall and I dont even see many people with orange items. This game does not appear to be for hard core grinders to me it seems more of a casuals mmorpg so why is it so hard to get an orange item from the best lock box >_>.

Increase Lock box cost at the same time increase the chance to get orange, simple.

Justified
10-07-2013, 08:33 AM

Because you and a lot of other people misread their statement. They didn't increase the chance of oranges. Read the second sentence in their patch notes:

Seriously improved the overall value of Tier 4 Lockboxes. They will no longer drop any uncommon (green) gear.

This is what they meant by improving the value. It does NOT say that they increased drop rates for purple or orange items.

cornyracer5
10-09-2013, 05:17 PM
I was feeling that I would never get another OJ.
Three weeks of tier 4 @1 per day and nothing worth while.
Then last night BOOM, two OJ Boomers (crash, big) out of
one box.

darthbuh
10-09-2013, 07:19 PM
Yup - just bought a 64 keycode lockbox, and received 4 blues that aren't remotely associated with my spec. Vendor fodder.

longmire
10-11-2013, 12:33 PM
Tier 4 Lockbox: 4 blues including 2 VBI BAS 7 Derailer both with melee roles. That's what I need on a sniper...
Didn't play the game for a week and didn't miss it much, things like this makes me want to pause another one.

Cheers

Zugo
10-11-2013, 01:36 PM
First try after the T4 change I got one OJ. Since then nothing but blues.

Last night two OJ from DM arkfall. Shhhhhh, don't tell anyone or they'll "fix" those too.