PDA

View Full Version : I am brand new! what was something you had wish you had know before you started play

peghance
10-03-2013, 02:24 AM
Hi guys i just quit WoW and got a new computer that can finally run better games! so as i patiently wait for it to patch haha 9 hours? I am curious what you guys wish you had known before you started playing?

Vox Animus
10-03-2013, 03:23 AM
I wish I had know where to find a robot unicorn called splosh.

On a separate note, I wish I knew how much frustration I would have to go through when playing this crappy yet still somehow addictive game.

But as a new player it's all good for you c: hope you enjoy playing.

duction
10-03-2013, 04:17 AM
Weapons have a exp bar, when it's used and has been maxed out, reset the weapon or pick up another, this will keep your over all weapon level gaining to get you to lvl 20 on that weapon set

Aaricane
10-03-2013, 04:59 AM
Do yourself a favor and stick to WoW, for now.

I have faith that Defiance will 1 day be playable.
But that's not today.....

Skill
10-03-2013, 05:08 AM
The storymode combined with arkfalls and sieges are quite playable. Just remember that the difference in weapons in this game aren't very big yet, nor in EGO rating, nor in QL (so a blue weapon EGO rating 300 might just be better then a purple weapon EGO rating 600). Test it out first before you sell or break the weapon down.

At first i'd say the getting the feel for the different types and brands of weaponary is more important. Later on you will get into the EGO rating, rareness and modifications for them.

Btw, for those mods, you got 2 types of synergy. The weapons with 1,2,3,4 xxx in the bonus description need specific synergy mods to gain that bonus. Weapons with just a general bonus description are weapons you gain a bonus with if you have 2 of the same bonus type in your loadout.

Didn't get that? Don't worry, you'll find out later :)

N3gativeCr33p
10-03-2013, 05:45 AM
I am curious what you guys wish you had known before you started playing?

I wish I knew how weak the first DLC pack was going to eventually be.

Blondin
10-03-2013, 05:49 AM
Don't rush story, don't rush anything in fact, take your time an do everything possible but don't rush... or in 1 month you will stop playing.

and this :

I wish I knew how weak the first DLC pack was going to eventually be.

Zugo
10-03-2013, 06:51 AM
Weapons have XP bar
You have skills associated with all weapons & vehicles
There is a sub-menu available from the menu which allows access to pursuits.
Low level weapons do not have all available buffs.
Low level weapons do not have mod slots.
You can NOT cross the Golden Gate bridge prior to completing the appropriete storyline mission.

Sanguinesun
10-03-2013, 06:54 AM
Hi guys i just quit WoW and got a new computer that can finally run better games!

*Wince* "Better" isnt a word I would readily associate with this game. :rolleyes:

Elastik Spastik
10-03-2013, 11:12 AM
How small and desolate the map is. Though I do still love this game.

Valentine
10-03-2013, 11:26 AM
Hi guys i just quit WoW and got a new computer that can finally run better games! so as i patiently wait for it to patch haha 9 hours? I am curious what you guys wish you had known before you started playing?

Play Rift it's amazing! Much better than WoW!

FlippyCake
10-03-2013, 11:27 AM
Pressing E to just pickup the drops, instead of holding down E. Made me frustrated in the beginning having to switch back to my weapons all the time.

Bentu
10-03-2013, 12:28 PM
Wish I had known what changes they were going to make, one in particular being the scopes they changed, I'm having to remod 20 odd weapons due to this at a cost of 24,000 scrip on most of them and getting no financial recompense from Trion.

I find this very irritating, if they are going to make these changes they should take these things into account and be prepared to hold their hands up and chuck some cash our way to remove the sting.
They reimbursed for the overcharging of the Chargeblade so have set a president and should stick to it.

No rant just saying.

Old97
10-03-2013, 12:41 PM
That scope fiasco really over-torqued my lug nuts.

I had to strip and re-mod eight weapons. BIG PITA, and kinda expensive.

Deunan
10-03-2013, 12:42 PM
Don't buy any vehicles. You get free ones as mission pursuit awards and for entering your Arkfall codes. Do enter all the free Arkfall codes to get some free goodies including extra inventory slots, weapons, vehicle and EGO points.

Us the rollers a lot to level your skill on them. It will make it easier to get gold medals on time trial pursuits if you have some level bonuses for speed and boost.

crasher
10-03-2013, 04:31 PM
Keep the first blue Northstar Flare gun you find with syphon that will accept a bigger (+12) mag, and learn to use it.... don't stop looking for better ones, but don't just automatically crush them because you assume they're trash.

They fire a little to the left of aim, and if you stand too close you will set yourself on fire, so be aware. But nothing will quiet down an unruly crowd of badguys that is focused on you quite like dropping a few flares in the middle of the pack.

Works great on DM shields and Bulwarks, and those pesky raider rioters, too.

Bentu
10-03-2013, 04:37 PM
That scope fiasco really over-torqued my lug nuts.

I had to strip and re-mod eight weapons. BIG PITA, and kinda expensive.

It's going to cost me over 400,000 to remod my weapons and get nudda from Trion.
Kinda sucks if I'm honest how I feel about it. I should be playing the game not farming for gear to sell so I can remod.

crasher
10-03-2013, 04:51 PM
It's going to cost me over 400,000 to remod my weapons and get nudda from Trion.
Kinda sucks if I'm honest how I feel about it. I should be playing the game not farming for gear to sell so I can remod.
Absolutely.
Trick said last Friday he'd like to see being able to change a single mod enabled.
*He did not say when, other than it'd be a while/several DLCs
*He did not mention trade-off, or what we'd lose or have to give up for the ability. I assume it's gonna be a big give-back for the ability. They wont let us have this one for free.

Lillith Valerian
10-03-2013, 05:39 PM
Higher tier colored weapons don't automatically make them superior (the order from lowest to highest is white, green, blue, purple, orange). It just means they have a progressively-higher *chance* to be superior due to more bonuses, but the quality of the weapon depends on those randomized bonuses.

If the randomized bonuses don't fit the weapon well, or are just generally considered useless, so-called 'inferior' tiered (by color) weapons often are the way to go.

Some synergy sets can be useless if randomized on the wrong weapon, as well. Frankly, the game design behind weaponry is an ill-conceived mess. Which, like all problems with this game, has been given the vague assertion that it may be looked into in the undetermined future.

I have a purple Tachmag Pulser with electric nano and accuracy .30 (with four level 3 mods as well) that I gained at Ego 48, and still use to this day. That's the kind of thing you want to land early, and not break down. Hit me up online after you've started playing, and I'll try to help you out. PM me.

Do NOT, under ANY circumstances, do business with a seller who won't name a price, and tries to get you to 'make an offer' on something they are selling. If they do, they either don't know what it's worth (unlikely), or they are probing for ignorance and hoping you'll pay more than it's worth (likely).

FDG SKULLS
10-03-2013, 06:58 PM
TAKE IT BACK! OR JUST PUT IT ON THE SHELF TILL THEY COME OUT WITH SOME BETTER CONTENT THAN THIS BS. i mean yeah you will have fun for a little bit but the map is really small and yes you can keep restarting the story line but its stupid doesnt change and you keep getting the same BS and on top of that they still havent got the server up to par yet still bogus. they dont know squat about making a DLC so dont buy the season pass just wait till like DLC 3 Or DLC 4 MAYBE even DLC 5 and just buy it by its self. TRUST ME. this game isnt worth throwing your money into it right yet they should have waited longer to release it and maybe just released a demo to see how it would be before releasing it then they would know how crappy the servers and bugs were gonna be.

Grymms
10-07-2013, 05:45 PM
I wish I would of known how much this game sucked and is forgoten by the devs.
How slow content would be released.
How fast the staffing would change slowing down development.
How quick Trion would grab your money and leave you wondering why you wasted 9.99 on this pos.

Here lets spell it out for you if you havent figured it out.
Defiance isnt worth the 9.99 they are charging for it. This game isnt worth the time effort or disc its on.

Trion repeatedly breaks the game with there "fixes". Spends time fixing thijg that aremt broken while ignoring the glaring issues with the game amd it has only become worse as time goes on.

Its a bad sign when the game is marked down to 9.99 withen months of release and even the developer seem to not care about it.

Another case of ship it out fix it later, crap to broken to fix so slap a hello kitty bandaid on it and hopefully no one will notice.

Game was fun, then trion tried fixing it.....nerfed any and all enjoyment out of it.

At the rate Trion is driving away the fans....I doubt there will be a 3rd season of the TV show.

crasher
10-07-2013, 06:04 PM
The bugs annoy me.
The nerfs piss me off.
The fact that there is a big difference between cheating and -efficiently using the code to it's fullest potential- (emphasis mine), and the powers at Trion are so reluctant to take a hard look at it annoys the powshtako outta me.

Yeah, cutting the dev team means they cut some of the people who knew what was going on, and a lot of that knowledge and planning was taken out the door when they left. Some of those guys prolly walked out chuckling over whether the team left in place would ever figure out some of the stuff that was exiting the building.

OTOH, I paid the full price (+/-) for the game and know that I already got my money's worth.

I'd like see more stuff happen in the game, and some of the stuff I hope is coming is stuff I know I'd pay for.

Brisco County Jr
10-07-2013, 06:37 PM
You will get a lot of weapons in the story line that are named (El Diablo, survivalists rifle, detu ara, etc.) as well as a no number ironclad regenerator II D shield. DO NOT GET RID OF ANY OF THESE ITEMS IF YOU LIKE THEM.

They are not offered in the story's second playthrough and beyond. Put only blue mods in them. I made the mistake of destoying some and mixing green and blue mods. Also, don't go mod crazy its too expensive. the scavenger and prepared mods for me are still incomplete on multiple weapons so be careful what you decide to invest in. The other posts give great advice i hope more people speak up.

SyRpFy88
10-07-2013, 06:38 PM
Reputation is never explained very well and about how to earn it with vendors, at first I figured I would gain it going through the story but you don't earn any throughout the campaign. It wasn't til I was done the game I learned about the daily and weekly contracts. Wish it was explained better so I could have known to do the contracts at the start. Now I'm just stuck doing those for awhile til I earn Trusted with them, there the last achievement I need.

BarrySciFi
10-07-2013, 09:10 PM
Well, I've been playing since early May and I wish I had known how many great weapons there are at the different venders. If you like SAWs, the purple one at Top-Notch Toolworks is one of the best in the game. It blows away my orange SAW in EVERY CATEGORY, including damage. If you like SMGs, Soleptor has purple and green Votan Pulsers that are outstanding. If you like Assault Rifles, Too-Notch has a green and purple Frontier Battle Rifle and they both rock. If you like the faster-firing VBI Assault Rifles, the Von Bach vender has a blue EMC Service Rifle that blows away my two purple and one orange VBI Assault Rifles. My EGO is 3784, and I run with the mighty green Frontier Battle Rifle with extended magazine in the primary slot and the purple Frontier SAW in the secondary slot. I don't use anything else and I can take down any baddie and rock the Volge Sieges using these weapons. Good luck!

crasher
10-07-2013, 09:28 PM
Well, I've been playing since early May and I wish I had known how many great weapons there are at the different venders. If you like SAWs, the purple one at Top-Notch Toolworks is one of the best in the game. It blows away my orange SAW in EVERY CATEGORY, including damage. If you like SMGs, Soleptor has purple and green Votan Pulsers that are outstanding. If you like Assault Rifles, Too-Notch has a green and purple Frontier Battle Rifle and they both rock. If you like the faster-firing VBI Assault Rifles, the Von Bach vender has a blue EMC Service Rifle that blows away my two purple and one orange VBI Assault Rifles. My EGO is 3784, and I run with the mighty green Frontier Battle Rifle with extended magazine in the primary slot and the purple Frontier SAW in the secondary slot. I don't use anything else and I can take down any baddie and rock the Volge Sieges using these weapons. Good luck!
To extend this, and I agree with it, I just wish I knew how hard it'd be to get the actual vendor/faction mods I needed for the faction weapons synergy.
And how many of the faction vendor mod packages sell mods for weapons that done exist.

I've come to the conclusion that playing faction vender lottery well means buying a bunch of mod packages and then buying the weapon that matches the mods you have the most of, rather than buying the weapon you want and never getting the mods to make the faction syn work. And that's because the damned faction weapon/mods are non-tradeable.

Yes, I know WHY it's non-trade-able, but it's still a pain ina butt. If I buy a faction mod for faction credit, and it's a mod for a weapon that doesn't exist, why can't I sell it BACK FOR FACTION CREDIT to try again?