PDA

View Full Version : ***Official Preorder Q&A Thread - Come ask your questions here!***

Myll_Erik
01-23-2013, 11:28 AM
Howdy Folks!

Due to the confusion and multiple outlets reporting information regarding our preorders, business model, and subscription (we dont have one) we thought it would be best to have you come here - list out your questions - and then get official answers from our team.

Please list out your questions. We'll also probably answer these in batches as well - so don't expect answers until we have a solid group each time.

Also - these questions should solely be about the preorder information, edition questions, and our business model. We want to clear up all of that information for you folks! Thanks!

Mantiss
01-23-2013, 11:37 AM
1. What is the value of 1,200 bits?
2. Are the exclusive weapons a low level fun item or does it some how have special properties that can be broken down for use in later game items?
3. Will the outfits apply to all characters as often as we want? Also can we display parts of one outfit and parts of another, or simply one total package?
4. Will the colors apply to any vehicle we obtain or limited to one vehicle type?
5. What exactly is a "lockbox"? Would really love an answer on this one and how it will work in-game.
6. Can multiple codes be applied to one account for those who really want the different weapon types from the various retailers.
7. Cake or Pie?

Laetteralus
01-23-2013, 11:45 AM
What happened to the Ultimate Edition DLC Pass? Why did it get yanked after I already pre-ordered?

GeneralZOCK
01-23-2013, 11:49 AM
the pre-order seasonpass is set in for about 1 year so donīt worry itīs included =)

nitroz76
01-23-2013, 11:50 AM
How much is the season pass worth?
Can we get any more info about the season pass?

Laughter
01-23-2013, 11:52 AM
Getting a price on the season pass would be amazing compared to individual DLC.

Eriandnil
01-23-2013, 11:54 AM
My question is the same as Mantiss listed as no 6:

Can multiple codes be applied to one account for those who really want the different weapon types from the various retailers?

Thank you. :)

Grimnir
01-23-2013, 11:57 AM
Bits. Always with the bits.

We already have real life currency systems, why not use those? If something costs 5$, sell it for 5$ on your store. Don't sell it for 450bits and sell blocks of 500bits for 6$ or whatever it's going to be.

It's annoying being sold a block of virtual currency that will eventually trickle down to small amounts that cannot be used to purchase anything. You're ripping people off when you do this. Surely you're plenty aware, right? Trion is just going to ride that bandwagon and keep up with the status quo then?

At least be honest with yourself. Currency schemes like that do nothing but serve YOU and rip off your CUSTOMER.

/twocents cheers, love all your games. <3

GeneralZOCK
01-23-2013, 11:57 AM
well i think the season pass can be campared with Black Ops2 or Borderlands2 so worth like $50~60 and the individual dlc would be like $75~85

Galadeon
01-23-2013, 11:58 AM
The DLC season pass, how much will a season pass cost if bought separately?
How Much DLC will there be in the first year?
What will DLC cost if we buy them 1 at a time?

How much will boosts costs, and in what durations will they be sold?

Voodeux
01-23-2013, 12:01 PM
The boost that come with the purchase price; are they 'startable' or do they begin as soon as you log into the game the first time?

nateD
01-23-2013, 12:01 PM
Many people think that the paid DLC is another form of subscription, I met with the opinions that the price of the game is very high, and the game appears to have no the full content. Then you will have to buy the DLC to expand the contents. I do not yet have an opinion on this subject, but I would like to ask how the authors see it?

Another thing is eventual in-game-shop. Micro-transactions are common in this type of games and generally I don't have anything against it, provided that the contents of this shop will also be available for those who kept not make micro-transactions because they prefer to spend some time and get the items in the game instead to pay for them.

And here my question: Is this what's in in-game-store, you can get in any other way than by micro-transactions.

Thank you in advance for your reply.

edit:

When will Laughter quit using that panties avatar? Everytime I see that I'm unable to think for appx 45 seconds.
yeah, I know what you mean ;p

Voodeux
01-23-2013, 12:02 PM
When will Laughter quit using that panties avatar? Everytime I see that I'm unable to think for appx 45 seconds.

MOVIELORD101
01-23-2013, 12:08 PM
EDIT: Never mind.

Xardurius
01-23-2013, 12:18 PM
When will the physical versions be available for preorder in Europe?

Tenz
01-23-2013, 12:21 PM

Agreed lol

But back to the topic at hand.

Im not going to repet or elaborat on alrady asked questions

1. will the digital content be limited to the first character i make or will all my characters start off with the digital pre- order items as well? or any profile that plays on my xbox for instance?
2. is the information released on the defiance website regarding what will be in the pre order content the most accurate source for information regarding what each pre-orderd package contains.

Viciouz
01-23-2013, 12:22 PM
1. What is the value of 1200 Bits?

2. What is the DLC Season Passes estimated value?

3. What does the Season Pass entail?

4. Can we see pictures (other than the gamestop picture) of the digital content included in all of the editions & preorder digital content?

5. Is any of the digital content a one time use item like Lock boxes, gear, guns, paint ect. or can it be used on multiple characters on the same account?

6. Are the digital items listed above (in question 5.) bind on equip or can they be sold/traded?

Gyz da Wiz
01-23-2013, 12:28 PM
When will the physical versions be available for preorder in Europe?

The exact sane thing i would like to know!

Tenz
01-23-2013, 12:28 PM
1. What is the value of 1200 Bits?

2. What is the DLC Season Passes estimated value?

3. What does the Season Pass entail?

4. Can we see pictures (other than the gamestop picture) of the digital content included in all of the editions & preorder digital content?

5. Is any of the digital content a one time use item like Lock boxes, gear, guns, paint ect. or can it be used on multiple characters on the same account?

6. Are the digital items listed above (in question 5.) bind on equip or can they be sold/traded?

great list of question this and the first post should be enough to squash most fears players are having lol

Darky
01-23-2013, 12:49 PM
any plans on having Defiance Digital version on Playstation Store? even better pre-order version?
PS store has service of Day 1 Digital download for AAA titles i hope Defiance can join the collection.

DigitalHitmann
01-23-2013, 12:52 PM
@ "Review Copy of Ultimate Edition"
You dont get review copies of the collector's editions... You get them of the standard editions... Asking for a review copy of an Ultimate Edition / CE is super greedy no matter how you look at it.

My question; I preordered the Ultimate Edition and I was just wondering what the messenger bag, lock box, and collectors boxes look like. (Assuming the lock box is a physical item and not an in-game item.)

Halcyon
01-23-2013, 12:56 PM
Where will you be able to preorder the collector's edition of Defiance? Is it exclusive to gamestop and ebgames? I'd like to purchase the game from amazon, is the collector's edition going to be available there for purchase?

Viciouz
01-23-2013, 12:56 PM
@ "Review Copy of Ultimate Edition"
You dont get review copies of the collector's editions... You get them of the standard editions... Asking for a review copy of an Ultimate Edition / CE is super greedy no matter how you look at it.

My question; I preordered the Ultimate Edition and I was just wondering what the messenger bag, lock box, and collectors boxes look like. (Assuming the lock box is a physical item and not an in-game item.)

This might / might not answer your questions but i made a thread of all the pictures and stuff i could find on the UE: http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?1327-Found-a-pic-of-the-new-Ultimate-Edition-Contents

DigitalHitmann
01-23-2013, 01:00 PM
This might / might not answer your questions but i made a thread of all the pictures and stuff i could find on the UE: http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?1327-Found-a-pic-of-the-new-Ultimate-Edition-Contents

I just saw that as soon as I posted. Thanks. : )

Guknowit
01-23-2013, 01:03 PM
Where will you be able to preorder the collector's edition of Defiance? Is it exclusive to gamestop and ebgames? I'd like to purchase the game from amazon, is the collector's edition going to be available there for purchase?

You can preorder from Amazon as well as Best Buy, and Trion Worlds themselves.

Tenz
01-23-2013, 01:16 PM

where do you pre-order from TRION ???

I think that would be the safes you would defiantly know what your getting, and is that digital or physical copies?

EDIT: i found it you can only get digital copies from Trion and only for PC :(

Garracuda
01-23-2013, 01:28 PM
This thread has me so anxious for a response! You guys have totally nailed my inquiries, above and beyond :)

Guknowit
01-23-2013, 01:28 PM
where do you pre-order from TRION ???

I think that would be the safes you would defiantly know what your getting, and is that digital or physical copies?

EDIT: i found it you can only get digital copies from Trion and only for PC :(

Gamestop is the way to go, though they are notorious for not giving codes at times, but that's partially the consumers fault, sometimes asking a simple question will go a long way, such as, "Can you print my code on the receipt?". Also, with Gamestop your more likely to have someone that has actually played a video game or MMO at some point in their lives vs someone who works at Bestbuy.

With Amazon your chancing get your product late :/

To he is own, the choice is yours. May the force and Allah be with you.

Baptiste
01-23-2013, 01:39 PM
I want to pre-order but I don't know which system to choose. Will all systems share servers or will each have its own. Just need to know so I know which system to pre-order for, 360, PS3 or PC.

Azwar
01-23-2013, 01:43 PM
I want to pre-order but I don't know which system to choose. Will all systems share servers or will each have its own. Just need to know so I know which system to pre-order for, 360, PS3 or PC.

Each system gets its own server

Baptiste
01-23-2013, 01:46 PM
Thanks. That makes it harder to choose. LOL

UberNinja
01-23-2013, 01:56 PM
1. Real world value of the 30 day exp & scrip booster

Tenz
01-23-2013, 02:25 PM
Gamestop is the way to go, though they are notorious for not giving codes at times, but that's partially the consumers fault, sometimes asking a simple question will go a long way, such as, "Can you print my code on the receipt?". Also, with Gamestop your more likely to have someone that has actually played a video game or MMO at some point in their lives vs someone who works at Bestbuy.

With Amazon your chancing get your product late :/

To he is own, the choice is yours. May the force and Allah be with you.

agreed and the last bit made me be loud at work W2G lol

Laughter
01-23-2013, 02:31 PM

*wink wink*

Mantus
01-23-2013, 02:45 PM
1. What is the value of 1,200 bits?
2. Are the exclusive weapons a low level fun item or does it some how have special properties that can be broken down for use in later game items?
3. Will the outfits apply to all characters as often as we want? Also can we display parts of one outfit and parts of another, or simply one total package?
4. Will the colors apply to any vehicle we obtain or limited to one vehicle type?
5. What exactly is a "lockbox"? Would really love an answer on this one and how it will work in-game.
6. Can multiple codes be applied to one account for those who really want the different weapon types from the various retailers.
7. Cake or Pie?

pretty much my questions also

Myll_Erik
01-23-2013, 03:32 PM
Keep this thread going folks - have a good list of questions and I'll try and get you the answers posted today!

Elrian
01-23-2013, 03:37 PM
When we buy the Digital Pre-Order (I did) will we receive some sort of mail with the game key or will the license be added automatically to our account at launch?

Guknowit
01-23-2013, 03:43 PM
Do we get ongoing Beta access or just special weekend event beta access for preodreing?

UberNinja
01-23-2013, 03:46 PM
1. What is the "Justice" weapon for Trion preorders.
2. Do the other in-game titles give any special attributes?
3. Real world value or bit value of 30 day XP Booster
4. Real world value or bit value of 30 day Scrip Booster
5. Do you get a 3 Day booster as well as a 30 or 7 day booster with the pre-orders.

DuoMaxwell007
01-23-2013, 03:49 PM
did someone say 60-80 for DLC? thats a joke right? umm surely Trion has been around long enough to know that most MMO expansion packs cost no more than 30 bucks... 60-80 per pack we might as well be buying a brand new game each time not an expansion pack.. also whoever said season pass is a year and costs 50-60 bucks.. if thats true then there IS a subscription fee... its 50-60 a year lol

UberNinja
01-23-2013, 03:54 PM
Season pass to any DLC, they just used poor word choice. It's basically a prebuy to jump start some cash flow. Most likely there will be micro DLCs valued at 10-20 dollar each released throughout the year and as the tv series reveal more of its story. Following current market strategies.

Viciouz
01-23-2013, 06:02 PM
So not to be impatient but when will you be answering these questions?

CReaper210
01-23-2013, 06:20 PM
Just like most of the questions have been, I just want some more info on the season pass and the 1200 bits value. I'm debating on whether I should get the collectors edition or the ultimate edition. I'm getting one of the special editions for sure, I just need to know if the season pass and the other game currency is worth the extra $50.

Gravediger
01-23-2013, 06:47 PM
I thought only Trion was selling the digital versions. I just noticed that Amazon is selling digital download of Standard and Deluxe versions.

UberNinja
01-23-2013, 06:49 PM
What is this? http://www.amazon.com/Defiance-Digital-Deluxe-Upgrade-Download/dp/B00B29S1MC
I thought the digital versions were only from Trion, and that Amazon was only selling the Standard version.

That is after pre-order and you want the Pre-Order DLC that was offered.

Halcyon
01-23-2013, 08:26 PM

I specifically meant the collector's edition, not the digital deluxe or standard edition. Do you know for certain that they will receive that edition?

cab0218
01-23-2013, 08:44 PM
Will Amazon be getting the collectors edition for Xbox 360? I would hate to have to order from Gamestop.

spaceghost
01-23-2013, 10:25 PM
Does the Amazon have the exact same Digital Deluxe bonuses:
Collector's Outfit - Ark Infiltrator
'Hydra' rocket launcher
Rare VBI Sentinel Shield
"+5" Inventory Space
30-Day XP Boost
30-Day Scrip Boost
Lock Box
Unique Vehicle Color?

"Unique Vehicle Color" = We get a RGB color wheel to pick our own out of a million colors, or will all the Deluxe Vehicles' be colored as the same as Laughter's panties?

Does pre-order Digital Deluxe = 30-day + 3-day = 33-day?

Can you list all the pre-order weapons for each store please? Stats?

Details about the "Lock Box"?

Are you going to answer questions? (we are at the 5th page already...)

cheers!

Dreconic
01-24-2013, 03:09 AM
My main concern/questions is why does digital get 30days of extra XP and scripts when spending more money on a physical copy is only 7 days?

Jebediah Morningside
01-24-2013, 04:30 AM
I did preorder the UE at Amazon.co.uk but haven't received any preorder key. I thought I read somewhere that preorder customers were invited to the beta of the game, but without a code I can't participate. Any idea how I should go about this?

Perforator
01-24-2013, 04:33 AM
Keep this thread going folks - have a good list of questions and I'll try and get you the answers posted today!

Can you also ask what kind of weapon "Justice" is that comes with the Defiance preorder?

killerbee04x
01-24-2013, 05:00 AM
First the weapons I think come from a one time open lock box like borderlands 2 preorder. so no multi codes. No cross platform codes. No cross the ocean codes. xbox is a different server. PS3 different server. PC different server. events take place random on different servers. the (justice is PC only) 30 day EX is PC only server. XBox and PS3 players can care less about it... THE REAL QUESTION WILL PEOPLE WET THERE PANTIES WAITING.. This game i think will be way ready to go before the TV series. I think a beta month early release is in order for all CE and UE AND download CE.. That would put it at beginning of march. allow for last minute pre-orders to take place for xbox and PS3... starting clans on xbox and PS3 is different then PC.. we need a month gap to gather friends up from other games..

Talloc
01-24-2013, 06:48 AM
Is there a plan to offer people with no acces to the Syfy channel some kind of "deal"? Like watching a streamed version of the episodes trough a season pass for example? If not, some people might have to go trough less legal channels to be able to follow the dual nature of the game/series.

Migrayne
01-24-2013, 07:02 AM
My main concern/questions is why does digital get 30days of extra XP and scripts when spending more money on a physical copy is only 7 days?

I would think since the digital copy does not cost the company anything to make. The physical copy requires a box, cd, packaging, shipping and what not. The physical copy already gets tangible things. The digital copy needs the extra in game boost to make it worth the higher then standard price.

Viciouz
01-24-2013, 09:35 AM

About what time could we expect to see answers for this thread?

Garracuda
01-24-2013, 09:39 AM
About what time could we expect to see answers for this thread?

I told myself last night if I didn't get any answers soon!.... I'd just keep waiting haha. But really, I'm right there with you. I gotsta know!

Mantiss
01-24-2013, 09:48 AM
The answers should be up within the next 15 minutes!

...If not please re-read the message above.

Myll_Erik
01-24-2013, 09:53 AM
We're putting these answers together now folks :) I'm striving to get them to you as soon as possible!

Aaricane
01-24-2013, 09:55 AM
We're putting these answers together now folks :) I'm striving to get them to you as soon as possible!If you decide to throw in when the next Beta events are, that'd be great!

Mantiss
01-24-2013, 09:57 AM
If you decide to throw in when the next Beta events are, that'd be great!

Amen to that! I need to tell my CTO what days I need off. LOL

UberNinja
01-24-2013, 10:03 AM
Is there a plan to offer people with no acces to the Syfy channel some kind of "deal"? Like watching a streamed version of the episodes trough a season pass for example? If not, some people might have to go trough less legal channels to be able to follow the dual nature of the game/series.

I believe Syfy does this by default. I don't condone pirating (arr) but you can torrent the tv series too worse case scenario.

Mantiss
01-24-2013, 10:18 AM
I believe Syfy does this by default. I don't condone pirating (arr) but you can torrent the tv series too worse case scenario.

What about the SyFy website or Netflix? Cable can't be the only way to get their programming...

UberNinja
01-24-2013, 10:28 AM
What about the SyFy website or Netflix? Cable can't be the only way to get their programming...

That's what I meant, they stream their content on their website.

SixShot
01-24-2013, 10:52 AM
I pre ordered the deluxe version and, what is up with the lock box, more info about it would be appreciated like what is its meaning what does it do.

UberNinja
01-24-2013, 10:55 AM
I pre ordered the deluxe version and, what is up with the lock box, more info about it would be appreciated like what is its meaning what does it do.

They said it'll give you a random special generate item. Just like in borderlands golden key. They'll most likely make this a in-game store item after the 1st free one.

Monstein
01-24-2013, 10:56 AM
They said it'll give you a random special generate item. Just like in borderlands golden key. They'll most likely make this a in-game store item after the 1st free one.

Crazy dealers. First one is always free. Then you are crawling back for more and they make you pay for it.

UberNinja
01-24-2013, 11:05 AM
Crazy dealers. First one is always free. Then you are crawling back for more and they make you pay for it.

Crack Psychology at it's best, that's why they have bells and lights in games like at the casino.

cab0218
01-24-2013, 11:08 AM
Are you drooling yet?

SixShot
01-24-2013, 11:11 AM

Thanks for that!

Cavadus
01-24-2013, 11:26 AM
Tick, tock, tick, tock, tick, tock...

:p

Glitch
01-24-2013, 11:36 AM
Any way we can get an enlarged picture of the goodies that come with the ultimate edition? With that picture it is hard to see the specific details on some items (such as the messenger bag >.>).

What kind of impact will the game have on the series? This being that by the time a TV series airs most if not all the episodes have been pre-recorded. As a result, the changes that have occurred in the game may or may not have any impact until next episode. Or are there alternate episodes planned for given outcomes.

Or are they doing what is usually a bit more unconventional and filming say 6-7 episodes ahead of what is being showed? Since this is more rare but not unheard of.

Also hiya Cavadus... we keep running into each other. First on the Earth Rise forums, then on the Repopulation forums, and now here. haha

Fireswraith
01-24-2013, 11:41 AM
Only 2 questions I have so far are

1) Can you stack different edition codes on 1 account for combined bonus (ie: can you put a digital deluxe and an ultimate code on 1 account and get +5 inventory space, 37 days of increased xp/script, etc)?

2) Why does the $150 Ultimate edition only get 7 days of xp/script but the Digital Deluxe gets 30 days?

And a 3rd I just thought of

3) On your website it says Ultimate get the title Pale Wars Ronin and Collectors get Badlands Drifter.... GameStop shows Ultimate as Badlands Drifter; going to assume GameStop is just labeled incorrectly?

Actually a 4th, last one I promise

4) Do the 3 day xp boost from preordering and 7/30 day xp boost from different editions stack together? Are they an inventory item you can use and last said amount of time OR do they become active once you input in whatever code they are attached with?

Tenz
01-24-2013, 11:44 AM
as far as i know the UE is a GS exclusive only.

i assume that the 7-30 day difference is becasue of all the stuff you loose out on in the physical one like the figurine and the post card and what not. also it appears the digital copy only come with some of the digital content the physical one.

Mantiss
01-24-2013, 11:57 AM
Don't make me drive out there today after work to get the answers! Rawr-rawr-rawr. Yeah I'm in Pleasanton today but doesn't mean I could drive there...

Cavadus
01-24-2013, 12:07 PM
@ Glitch

Hey Glitch, lots of ER people around here it seems :)

...it appears the digital copy only come with some of the digital content the physical one.

No, DD and UE have the same digital goodies though the DD has the longer lasting boosts. Other than that it's all the same stuff between them less the physical items.

UE had the season DLC pass but that's since been removed.

Oskz
01-24-2013, 12:21 PM
Hello, I'm not sure if this is the right place (well I guess it should be) or if this question has been asked earlier, but this item (http://www.amazon.co.uk/Defiance-Ultimate-Edition-PC-CD/dp/B00B4QD17I/ref=sr_1_3?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1359054243&sr=1-3#productPromotions) on Amazon is supposedly the Ultimate box which is on your pre-order site for 150$, do you guys have any ideas if it's really the Ultimate one or just the Collector?

Viciouz
01-24-2013, 12:29 PM
Hello, I'm not sure if this is the right place (well I guess it should be) or if this question has been asked earlier, but this item (http://www.amazon.co.uk/Defiance-Ultimate-Edition-PC-CD/dp/B00B4QD17I/ref=sr_1_3?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1359054243&sr=1-3#productPromotions) on Amazon is supposedly the Ultimate box which is on your pre-order site for 150$, do you guys have any ideas if it's really the Ultimate one or just the Collector?

That looks like 1 of 2 things:
A) Scam
B) Regular Edition

Buy with caution!

Arglaar
01-24-2013, 12:35 PM
UE had the season DLC pass but that's since been removed.

I've seen a few people make this claim now, however, when I go to http://defiance.com/en/pre-order/physical-editions/, I still see the DLC Season Pass listed.

Ultimate

Gamestop Exclusive
Exclusive Messenger Bag
Collector's Box
Game Client
2 postcards
DEFI Stickers
Ark Infiltrator Outfit
The Art of Defiance Art Book
Limited Edition Hellbug Figurine
VBI Ark Hunter Contract
Bonus DVD
Defiance Digital Soundtrack
Rare VBI Sentinel Shield
'Hydra' rocket launcher
7-Day XP Boost
7-Day Scrip Boost
"+5" Inventory Space
Exclusive in-game title: Pale Wars Ronin
Lock Box
DLC Season Pass
1200 Bits
NO SUBSCRIPTION REQUIRED

So where are you guys getting this info from that it's been removed?

Monstein
01-24-2013, 12:36 PM
So where are you guys getting this info from that it's been removed?

GameStops site. It is not listed. But if you look close it also says you get the CE title and not the Pale Wars Ronin. Looks like who ever made the GameStop site's info was lazy and copy and pasted a lot of info from CE to UE.

Arglaar
01-24-2013, 12:41 PM
GameStops site. It is not listed. But if you look close it also says you get the CE title and not the Pale Wars Ronin. Looks like who ever made the GameStop site's info was lazy and copy and pasted a lot of info from CE to UE.
Ya, Gamestop's site is frequently wrong when it comes to stuff like this.
I always take the word of the developer over the word of the retailer.

powkie
01-24-2013, 12:49 PM
I just bought Digital deluxe edition. Will i be able to try out the things i receive in that package on the next beta and if/when i receive the alpha invite?

Monstein
01-24-2013, 12:50 PM
Ya, Gamestop's site is frequently wrong when it comes to stuff like this.
I always take the word of the developer over the word of the retailer.

I agree with you 900%

Just funny that the GameStop special one has the wrong info on there site.

Aaricane
01-24-2013, 12:50 PM
I just bought Digital deluxe edition. Will i be able to try out the things i receive in that package on the next beta and if/when i receive the alpha invite?Not quite sure, but i HIGHLY doubt it......

LotharLocNar
01-24-2013, 12:52 PM
1. I see there's also different titles that one gets depending on the product one selects. Why not give all the people who order the ultimate pkg. all the title choices?
2. Will the outfits have an armor rating?
3. I would like to get the various weapons offered to all the orders when I pay for the ultimate physical collector's edition picked up at the retailers.
4. May we color our items we get in the ultimate collectors edition?

powkie
01-24-2013, 12:52 PM
Not quite sure, but i HIGHLY doubt it......

My guess is that we will not be able to try it out, still wanted to ask though :)

cragarion
01-24-2013, 01:08 PM
1/ Hi if you preorder can you use the stuff in testing?,
2/ is it a 1 time only use code, so if i use it now i will lose it on full release?,
3/ is it a 1 time use for 1 char or can i get the items on every char i make?.

On the preorder page it says,
"In-game items will be activated and applied to your account upon first login."
so if i buy the preorder now will it be activated the next time i log into to test?.

Thanks.

Toju007
01-24-2013, 02:01 PM
OMG, I need answers. I already pre-purchased the UE but i need to know... OK... I'm calm now, I'll just sit in the corner and wait.

Elrian
01-24-2013, 02:11 PM
Not quite sure, but i HIGHLY doubt it......

Some games have done it though in late Beta Stage to test the reward system, so even if it's unlikely it's not impossible.

Aaricane
01-24-2013, 02:14 PM
Some games have done it though in late Beta Stage to test the reward system, so even if it's unlikely it's not impossible.true, but i'd hate to have people enter their code for a beta, and then when the game is released, find out Trion wiped their accounts clean so everyone starts on the same footing.

cragarion
01-24-2013, 02:17 PM
true, but i'd hate to have people enter their code for a beta, and then when the game is released, find out Trion wiped their accounts clean so everyone starts on the same footing.

That will happen anyway,
i've been testing online games for around 20 years and i've never seen a game that was not wiped after closed testing,
some games even wipe after open testing but thats because they found a major problem that was missed in closed testing,
most games are not wiped after open testing.

Myll_Erik
01-24-2013, 02:23 PM
You can see some of your answers here - http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?1402-Preorder-FAQ&p=15152#post15152 - with more answers coming soon!

Eriandnil
01-24-2013, 02:30 PM
You can see some of your answers here - http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?1402-Preorder-FAQ&p=15152#post15152 - with more answers coming soon!

Thank you :)

Caios
01-24-2013, 02:36 PM
Yay!

Suddenly getting the urge to get multiple preorders for ALL the cool guns...

Elrian
01-24-2013, 02:40 PM
Awesome thanks for taking the time to do this.

Moloc
01-24-2013, 02:57 PM
Any plans for beta access for console players? I have preordered the PS3 version and it still says guaranteed beta access there as well.

If not, you pc beta's better get all them bugs and glitches worked out :)

Pride
01-24-2013, 05:58 PM
So I want to pre-order the game but I already have beta access with my. So if I pre-order the game will I have earlier beta access or does my previous beta access become invalid? What beta guarenteed will I be able to play? Also season pass? is there one for PC users? and how will it work, through steam maybe? also how much for PC?

Defy8574
01-24-2013, 07:20 PM
One question that I have been wondering about is how many dlcs do you plan to release within the first year? Just trying to get a sense of how many dlcs you will get with the season pass.

Myll_Erik
01-25-2013, 02:34 PM
Keep the questions coming folks! The more we get the more I can send around internally for answers!

Valethar
01-25-2013, 02:51 PM
Can we get the Ultimate and/or Collector's Editions from anyone OTHER than GameStop? (EB does not count, as they ARE GameStop, despite the name...)

If we order from outside the US to avoid having to deal with Failstop, are we going to run into a region lock issue, or are all copies created equal, regardless of location?

I don't do Failstop. They can't keep their hands out of your boxes, then tell you to go pee up a rope when you catch them at it.

B5GkarNarn
01-25-2013, 04:00 PM
On Jan. 21, 2013, Elizabeth Tobey (Director of Community, Trion Worlds) stated on the USA Playstation Blog that there will be a Digital Deluxe Edition for the PS3 here: http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013/01/21/mmo-shooter-defiance-coming-to-ps3-no-monthly-fee/

However, this contradicts what is stated in the pre-orders section of the Defiance official website which indicates that the Digital Deluxe Edition is for PC only.

Can a community manager please clarify this issue?

Thank you, in advance.

Aoroi
01-26-2013, 12:42 PM
Since others asked/answered my previous questions:

1: During membership to the game, can you play on different consoles on the same account? IE: I buy it for Xbox, then a copy for PC, be able to play same account on PC, interchangeable. Of course not logged in on both at same time.

2: Are the different consoles playing together, PC/XBox/PS3 or are they separate communities? IE: Xbox only servers, PC only servers, PS only servers.

3. Will there be a subscription needed for the console you play on (Xbox Live Gold, PSN+)? IE: Final Fantasy Online required a subscription to the game itself, but when played on XBOX I did not need XboxGold.

4. Will the ARK events be weaker at game launch and stronger later, say a week? Seems weird to ask, but when Rift came out, it took over an hour with all the starting people (over 50 I saw on screen, and the lag was deadly) fighting a fire major rift that was basically spawn camping the players who have not even hit 10.

5. Can we buy a digital version on the consoles?

6. Is / will the Ultimate edition be purchasable from other retailers? Gamestop has in the past removed items from games (Deus Ex voucher for a free game), and "New" opened games missing redeemable vouchers for DLC (MvC3, Rage) and will not replace broken items on limited run set (Broken statue and authenticator from Star Wars TOR) cut up collector boxes (BorderLands2).

7. Will there be a setting to reduce white light or flashes for people who are sensitive or medical conditions? Or a color blind mode that does not turn the screen undefinable. IE: Concussion grenades from CoD, Assassins Creed 3 start menu / conversations.

8. Will keyboards or keyboards on wireless controllers work in chat boxes on screen for consoles?

SteelPaladin
01-26-2013, 12:44 PM
Could we get some close up Pics of the clothing/Armor that are public already?

Viciouz
01-26-2013, 01:19 PM
When is the official release date?

If you cant say ... when do you plan on releasing that info?

Tsugi
01-26-2013, 04:18 PM
What's the plan for the game after the release?
Then will the first DLC be avaible? :]

SteelPaladin
01-26-2013, 04:20 PM
yeah, im waiting too. Id love to see a livestream on other game features besides just the atv/combat stuff.

Tzar of kaos
01-27-2013, 10:16 AM
Are we be able to buy the same 3 versions of the game with the same contents around the world ?
Because the game got different distributors and maybe we won't be able to get the same versions or the same contents.Thanks

Valethar
01-27-2013, 01:11 PM
Are we be able to buy the same 3 versions of the game with the same contents around the world ?
Because the game got different distributors and maybe we won't be able to get the same versions or the same contents.Thanks

Probably not. The Amazon UK store will not ship to the US. I tried to order the Ultimate from them yesterday, instead of going anywhere near Failstop, and was told they cannot ship that item here.

Looks like my choice is to either deal with the satanic mouthbreathers from Failstop, or just not support Defiance at all.

cab0218
01-27-2013, 01:16 PM
Why is Amazon UK only offering the Ultimate Edition and Amazon US not offering it? I may need to contact them about this. It may have to do with Gamestop in the US being the only retailer who can sell it. I hate when they pull stuff like this.

Valethar
01-27-2013, 01:30 PM
Why is Amazon UK only offering the Ultimate Edition and Amazon US not offering it? I may need to contact them about this. It may have to do with Gamestop in the US being the only retailer who can sell it. I hate when they pull stuff like this.

That's exactly why. Apparently Failstop dumped a load of cash of SyFy (I feel dirty even spelling it that way....) for the rights to that version. Sadly, even the Collector's Edition is only available through them at this point. They're not fooling anyone with that 'EB Games' thing. Even my 6 month old granddaughter knows they're both the same company.

This one's going to be a hard decision. I like the game, love the concept, and would really like to play, but then I have to consider how many times Failstop has sold me a game that they took items from and then told me tough sh*t when I caught them at it. I really have a hard time supporting a business who has absolutely no morals where their customers are concerned.

cab0218
01-27-2013, 01:49 PM
Ya Gamestop is terrible.

Tzar of kaos
01-27-2013, 02:19 PM
Ya Gamestop is terrible.

Strange because in France, Micromania (aka Gamestop) still doing a great job.I buy my games over there for a looooong time and never got problem...

Aaricane
01-27-2013, 02:58 PM
Strange because in France, Micromania (aka Gamestop) still doing a great job.I buy my games over there for a looooong time and never got problem...It may just be different locations.

For Instance: In my area there are 2 different locations.
In one place, the store is ran by complete uneducated idiots. But the 2nd one, they are friendly, knowledgible, and can often answer any gaming related question you may have. They have even on several locations, started a game and replayed a level, showing another player what must be done to beat the boss etc.

It's all about how you get behind the counter.

cab0218
01-27-2013, 03:05 PM
It is not just the store its how their policies are. They tend to sell Used games as New at times and put all those damn stickers all over the game boxes that are a pain to get off.

Kebab
01-28-2013, 07:41 AM
I was looking for cheapest preorders avaiable and found this:

http://www.game.co.uk/en/defiance-205257?pageSize=20

In my currency (PLN) this price is lowest for me.
For example:
Official site price in US Dollars - 59,99$ ~ 188 PLN
Shop above in British Pound - 24,99Ģ ~ 120 PLN

So it's much cheaper. However there are no any bonus, also no details. As you can see there's no PC logo or something. Is this safe and good option to preorder in this UK shop?

Myll_Erik
01-28-2013, 09:53 AM
If you folks have more questions - please keep them coming!

Jebediah Morningside
01-28-2013, 10:07 AM
Any news on what stores in the EU will carry the Ultimate Edition? What about preorder bonuses for EU stores?

Mantus
01-28-2013, 10:12 AM
The EU UE. Man that can get confusing

cab0218
01-28-2013, 09:40 PM
Amazon still does not know about the codes. They said I should get one when i get my game but that would not make sense unless they mean the weapon code.

withr
01-29-2013, 02:44 AM
2 questions

1. If i play on more than one platform will i be able to use my characters on either server?

2. Will the preorder bonuses be applied to all platforms. So if i buy the collector edition do it get those items on all the platforms or only on the platform for which i buy the collector edition?

FictionalNinja
01-29-2013, 05:29 AM
If you folks have more questions - please keep them coming!

Can you check on the UK pre order information? Right now I'm seeing Gamestop as the exclusive seller of the Ultimate Edition, but gamestop.co.uk doesn't even have a record for Defiance. Amazon.co.uk has the UE listed, and I read they were the exclusive seller of that version in the UK, but that is not what's showing under the pre order tab on defiance.com.

Aaricane
01-29-2013, 06:39 AM
Does the $100.00 version come with the season pass? I keep trying to check but the pre-order tab is under maintenance it looks like so i can't tell!

bobalobabingbong
01-29-2013, 06:42 AM
Does the $100.00 version come with the season pass? I keep trying to check but the pre-order tab is under maintenance it looks like so i can't tell!

Unfortunately, No :(

Aaricane
01-29-2013, 06:52 AM
Unfortunately, No :(Hmmm that complicates things a little.
I wonder if the $90.00 mark up is worth the amount of DLC that will be released?

bobalobabingbong
01-29-2013, 09:10 AM
Hmmm that complicates things a little.
I wonder if the $90.00 mark up is worth the amount of DLC that will be released?

Yeah, it kinda sucks. I think it might be worth it though. Laughter worked it out. I'll quote her:

For anyone contemplating what edition of Defiance. I have been thinking about this topic since they announced pre-orders are available.

You spend $90 more comparing from the Standard for $60 and the Ultimate for $150.

That $90: Let's say 5 DLCs are released in the season pass. Let's be safe and assume they will be a safe $15 per DLC that is $75 right there.

Standard $60 + DLCs $75 = $135

You just paid $15 for all the extra stuff that came with the Ultimate edition.

That's if they are $15. If they are $20 each, you start saving money, and get free stuff.

Aoroi
01-29-2013, 09:28 AM
I was finally able to pre-order this last night for the PC from Gamestop (the one store I have had good help from), and a new question now popped up.

1. It is not listed on the GS site, but when asked the details on their computer, I was told there is no longer a DLC Season Pass being offered in the bundle. Is this accurate?

2. Are the UE bundles still available? That is the version I tried to order, and with Gamestop pre-order scale, games Under $79.99 are $5 down, above the mark are $25 down. The computer automatically tells them what they need to charge us to put down for a reserve. All UE versions of this game were coming up as $5 down.

xMISFlTx
01-29-2013, 10:07 AM
Hey i have a question, i pre-order the UE edition and the standard before what came with it was announced and i seen the difference in the standard and the collectors and went today to upgrade my buddies copy to collectors and i got a product registration code for bonuses with the collectors i just pre-order and didnt get one for my UE i already have pre-order so how will i get mine for the UE?

Kordesh
01-29-2013, 12:50 PM
Yeah, it kinda sucks. I think it might be worth it though. Laughter worked it out. I'll quote her:

That's if they are $15. If they are $20 each, you start saving money, and get free stuff.

Not quite. That's called marketing. Ultimately, you don't know what's in the DLC or how much it's going to be priced at. I personally find the fact that there's microtransactions AND DLC questionable, but once again, I'm suspecting that has to do with the involvement of consoles in the release and the cost of pushing updates to them...

Personally, I'd rather wait out and see if they're worth getting. I personally doubt I would end up buying most of them, let alone all of them, as I rarely see DLC priced or even created appropriately.

If it turns out to be things that you wouldn't have bought to begin with, then you didn't save money, you lost it. Just depends how you want to spin it.

Visigoth
01-29-2013, 03:55 PM
none of the console editions list the "Unique Vehicle Color" and the PC "deluxe" says 30-day vs. 7-day for console

I just want whats in the (DELUXE PC) edition for my 360 >.< I dont give a crap about the Swag

=any pre order=

OUTLANDER outfit
Weapon* "dependant on the store you order through"
3 day XP boost
In-game title: IRON DEMON

all that annoys me is Digital PC gets

-$99.99-

Collector's Outfit - Ark Infiltrator
'Hydra' rocket launcher
Rare VBI Sentinel Shield
"+5" Inventory Space
30-Day XP Boost
30-Day Scrip Boost
Lock Box
Unique Vehicle Color

the version I would have to buy to get that "because I want to play on my 360"

-$99.99-

2 postcards
DEFI Stickers
Ark Infiltrator Outfit*
The Art of Defiance Art Book
Limited Edition Hellbug Figurine
VBI Ark Hunter Contract
Bonus DVD
Defiance Digital Soundtrack
Rare VBI Sentinel Shield*
'Hydra' rocket launcher*
7-Day XP Boost*
7-Day Scrip Boost*
"+5" Inventory Space*
In-game title: Badlands Drifter**
Lock Box

lol as I'm making this post I'm convincing my self I probly want the 360 collectors edition ~_~

but I'm not clear on the "Unique Vehicle Color" it's listed under the DELUXE PC edition only?

"The preorder offer is not a vehicle color as much as a special color vehicle. All Ark Hunters start out with a quad runner they can summon at any time. Those who preorder will have a different looking starting vehicle than anyone else. The color does not apply to any other vehicle you acquire or drive as you play the game."
http://forums.defiance.com/showthrea...2-Preorder-FAQ

"Those who preorder will have a different looking starting vehicle "

ok so its a vehicle not just a color "great" but do I only get it if I preorder the "DELUXE PC edition?" or is it for any preorder like the "In-game title: IRON DEMON" or is it suposed to be included in the "console Collector's Edition"?

Trion seriously needs to update there websit with better more precise/ clear wording -_-

cab0218
01-30-2013, 10:09 AM
Myll_Erik any word from amazon about the beta codes?

ENIGMA
01-30-2013, 10:12 AM
Will this game be Free to Play when it comes out or will we have to buy the game?

-ENIGMA

cab0218
01-30-2013, 10:13 AM
You will have to buy the game but there will be no sub.

Aaricane
01-30-2013, 10:14 AM
Will this game be Free to Play when it comes out or will we have to buy the game?

-ENIGMAYou have to buy the game to play it, but there are NO MONTHLY FEES.

Myll_Erik
01-30-2013, 10:14 AM
Correct - there is no monthly fee.

I've got more questions going through the final vetting process and I hope to have them up for you today!

nemr3
01-30-2013, 10:20 AM
Where do i download the game client, i have registered for the first 2 beta events and purchased the $100 preorder..i just want to playzzzzz

Myll_Erik
01-30-2013, 10:21 AM
@nemr3 - have you received your beta invite e-mail yet? It has the instructions in there.

nemr3
01-30-2013, 10:23 AM
@myll i have recieved 2 emails but none that give me a link to the client dl

ENIGMA
01-30-2013, 10:23 AM
You have to buy the game to play it, but there are NO MONTHLY FEES.

Thanks, but I'm not sure if i should pre-order just yet because i want to play the game first, i got selected for beta so i hope to try it soon :P

-ENIGMA

Aaricane
01-30-2013, 10:25 AM
Thanks, but I'm not sure if i should pre-order just yet because i want to play the game first, i got selected for beta so i hope to try it soon :P

-ENIGMAI think your wish may soon come true....

ENIGMA
01-30-2013, 10:32 AM
I think your wish may soon come true....

Next weekend yes ;)
I was with my GF at the time when the stress test took place, when i got home and got the email i was destroyed :O

-ENIGMA

nemr3
01-30-2013, 10:34 AM
Anyone have any info on where the link to the client dl is?

Arcandis
01-30-2013, 10:35 AM
It turns out if I bought a standard edition, I have to get the key to the beta? Alpha is now right?

Memori
01-30-2013, 01:13 PM
I know the steam issue has been brought up in other threads, but I don't know if it's been asked in this thread (and I'm not going to search 15 pages, I tried advance searching but nothing came up). So....

Defiance for pre-order on steam? - I know people have difference of opinion on steam, but I love it, I'm not going to push my belief on anyone else, but I think that nothing bad can come from putting it on steam, while leaving it off, makes sure all the "Oh I don't buy anything if it's not on steam"-crowd don't purchase it if they wanted to. (I know, you can argue it's better off that they stay away since that's a terrible attitude to have). Either way, I'll be buying the game, and maybe 2 copies if I get an answer to my question below, I would just love it to be on steam, so it keeps everything nice.

Can I register 2 codes to one account? - Say I pre-order the game through Trion, standard edition and then I purchase the UE somewhere else, once the UE comes on the 2nd of April, can I link that to the same account and get all the benefits that it brings?

rathb18
01-30-2013, 01:30 PM
Does anyone know how long after pre order it takes before beta email gets sent out? I bought it the other day and still have not gotten any emails besides my paypal confirmation.

BioHunter
01-30-2013, 02:10 PM
One thing I am confused about, If I order the Ultimate Collector's Edition, will I get all the stuff from the other editions?

Does that include the use of all titles from other versions, too? For example, the Ultimate CE gives you the "Pale Wars Ronin" in-game title, would the "Badlands Drifter" title also be available to me or is that exclusive to only the Collector's Edition (that cost $99.99 US)?

Is the 3-Day XP boost (for Pre-ordering) a separate item or does it "magically" turn the 7 Day XP boost into a 10 Day one? So two Boosters of different time or one?

What are "Scrips"?

Fireswraith
01-30-2013, 02:55 PM
Another two questions.....

Why no early access? :( Like 3 days early access for people who spent $150 :)

And any "refer a friend" thing planned like Trion did for Rift that nets you some fancy in-game items?

Myll_Erik
01-30-2013, 03:09 PM
I just updated the main preorder FAQ - go check it out! http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?1402-Preorder-FAQ-Updated-Jan-30th

Keep the questions coming folks!

Nev
01-31-2013, 09:45 PM
Does inclusion in beta come with any preorder?
Standard, deluxe, and the 'OMGMODE' version, right? ;)

Myll_Erik
01-31-2013, 10:45 PM
For beta questions - if you preordered and entered a Trion Code to your Trion account : You will get your beta invite next week!

If your preordered from Trion : You will get your beta invite next week!

If your preordered outside of Trion and you were never given a code to enter at Defiance.TrionWorlds.com then please contact your retailer and ask for a code!

JustinD92
01-31-2013, 10:46 PM
Thanks Myll_Erik

Eointmaher
02-01-2013, 05:58 AM
For beta questions - if you preordered and entered a Trion Code to your Trion account : You will get your beta invite next week!

If your preordered from Trion : You will get your beta invite next week!

If your preordered outside of Trion and you were never given a code to enter at Defiance.TrionWorlds.com then please contact your retailer and ask for a code!

Lance please please . i know its not really your region but can you find out about the ultimate edition for the EU specifically UK & Ireland.
game stop ( how we hates them precious nasty , tricksy FALSE ) has no listing that i can find on their UK or irish sites.

i REALLY want the messenger bag and this is the first time in about 5 years i have considered buying an ultimate / limited edition.

egoboy
02-02-2013, 07:45 AM
I just noticed that mmorpg.com has Defiance digital copies for 10% off Standard and 15% off Collector. I am surprised to see a sale on the software so soon after the offer for pre-order.

Is this a Trion Worlds sanctioned sale?
Will Trion put the software on sale on their site at some point before April 2nd?
Will players who purchased at the full price get a refund on the sale price?
Is there a benefit of purchasing the digital copies through any particular vendor or are they all the same?
I noticed that DLGamers.com is advertising early access for the digital download but I can't find any site that lists which versions get how many days of early access and if that differs per vendor. Can you get more specific about that?

I purchased a copy of the Ultimate Edition through Gamestop and their site says they will not actually bill me until the order is shipped which is April 2nd (or hopefully a day before so it arrives on the 2nd since I used next day shipping). They also state that if the software goes on sale at any point before it ships that I will get the lowest price it was offered for.

Tzar of kaos
02-22-2013, 02:29 PM
There is still no collector or ultimate edition available for pre-order in France. Are these editions will be available in France ? And when ? ...Thanks

Tzar of kaos
02-24-2013, 05:03 AM
There is still no collector or ultimate edition available for pre-order in France. Are these editions will be available in France ? And when ? ...Thanks

I really don't understand why these editions are still unavailable and why i got no answer yet...

MOnte
02-24-2013, 08:21 AM
These are kind of questions/suggestions.

First, pre-order would look much better to most people if it gave them alpha access. I know this maybe a tough one as the servers may not be ready for that large of a influx of people.
Second, it could inlcude a 3 day head start. So you get in on that Friday instead of a Tuesday.

I think one or both of those would make the pre-order way more appealing to people.

Tzar of kaos
02-25-2013, 09:49 AM

I'm still looking for an answer...Thanks

Tatakai no Kami
02-27-2013, 06:13 AM
I really don't understand why these editions are still unavailable and why i got no answer yet...

It's the same in Australia and NZ, Trion have Namco-Bandai doing the European and Australasian Distribution, and it seems like Namco-Bandai can't be bothered actually doing anything.

Chuck Zitto
02-27-2013, 09:01 AM
If you preorder from gamestop you get a code called product registration code. It is 20 digets long. Is this the code for the weapon for the beta or both?

Halcyon
02-27-2013, 09:07 AM
If you preorder from gamestop you get a code called product registration code. It is 20 digets long. Is this the code for the weapon for the beta or both?

Don't know, register it here -- https://defiance.trionworlds.com/commerce/voucher/redeem-voucher-flow

Desidus
02-27-2013, 09:10 AM
don't know, register it here -- https://defiance.trionworlds.com/commerce/voucher/redeem-voucher-flow

don't it will explode!

;p

Chuck Zitto
02-27-2013, 09:37 AM
Don't know, register it here -- https://defiance.trionworlds.com/commerce/voucher/redeem-voucher-flow

I did already and it says product registration code on that site as well. I would love to know before the next beta if I am getting in with my pre order code or if it was just for the weapon.

MentalCaz
04-02-2013, 09:26 AM
So I pre-ordered and bought the Ultimate Edition.
On the forums I read that since they added the Hat as a bonus to ordering the season pass.
Folks with the Ultimate edition would qualify to get the bonus hat.
There was no hat in my box so I was wondering how does one go about getting their hat ?

joebiscruml
04-02-2013, 09:31 AM
So I pre-ordered and bought the Ultimate Edition.
On the forums I read that since they added the Hat as a bonus to ordering the season pass.
Folks with the Ultimate edition would qualify to get the bonus hat.
There was no hat in my box so I was wondering how does one go about getting their hat ?

The hat is an in game item.

MentalCaz
04-02-2013, 09:37 AM
The hat is an in game item.

No it's an actual physical hat I can wear and advertise their product for free ;p

forum thread I found the info in

http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?3199-Sledgehammer70-Defiance-Season-Pass-Official&