PDA

View Full Version : Volge LGM Aim Issue

Dar Katan
10-03-2013, 12:15 PM
Has anyone else noticed that the Volge LGM aims down and to the left? If you have your crosshair directly on a mob it will miss because it shoots to far to the left. Not sure if this is an issue with all system but I have definitely noticed it on Xbox 360.

Any thoughts?

vizibledog
10-03-2013, 12:17 PM
Yep I've noticed that too on PS3. Sometimes with close up targets you have to aim the crosshair off target right to hit.

Old97
10-03-2013, 12:22 PM
I have not noticed this. The 'round' does have a large spread., and moves rather slowly. If you are strafing, it might appear as if the shots are veering off.

I rather like the Volge Rifle, as it does tear up hellbugs and Raider Rioters pretty well, and inflicts good damage on 99'ers. But it is slow to fire, and not well suited to engaging a mob of enemies. However, it saves a lot of ammo, so you can shoot all day without reloading.

Now if I could mod it to fire as fast as the SAW...

Dar Katan
10-03-2013, 12:23 PM
I have not noticed this. The 'round' does have a large spread., and moves rather slowly. If you are strafing, it might appear as if the shots are veering off.

I rather like the Volge Rifle, as it does tear up hellbugs and Raider Rioters pretty well, and inflicts good damage on 99'ers. But it is slow to fire, and not well suited to engaging a mob of enemies. However, it saves a lot of ammo, so you can shoot all day without reloading.

Now if I could mod it to fire as fast as the SAW...

Try standing still and shooting at anything. You will noticed the bolt is down and to the left of the crosshairs.

maverick07
10-03-2013, 12:33 PM
A lot of guns with projectiles have done this since the beginning of the game. Detonators, Clustershots, and Northstar Flares do it too and I think RLs might also do it.

crasher
10-03-2013, 12:37 PM
Flare gun does the same thing and is about the only one I care about picking a target with.

I assumed the dev that was hired to do the work on those is either:
A.) Sadistic.
2.) Warped.
C.) Sadistic/warped.
D.) Just terribly myopic.

An optic helps tremendously on the flare gun. Haven't bothered using the Volge LMG since the 3rd salvo.

Old97
10-03-2013, 12:39 PM
Hmmm...well, I'll try standing still and shooting to test this out.

Perhaps I've been unconsciously compensating.

But I'm kind of a lousy shot anyway, so maybe I didn't notice.

Atticus Batman
10-03-2013, 03:13 PM
A lot of guns with projectiles have done this since the beginning of the game. Detonators, Clustershots, and Northstar Flares do it too and I think RLs might also do it.

Actually back in the beta, they fired too far to the right. They over compensated when they changed the coding and now it's too far to the left.

Dandrielas
10-03-2013, 03:40 PM
Actually back in the beta, they fired too far to the right. They over compensated when they changed the coding and now it's too far to the left.

Now all they need to do it is compensate by half to the right.

Searos60
10-03-2013, 09:17 PM
I don't see any issue with the aim on the volge lmg. It does start at the lower left but after 10 meters or so the projectile is definitely in the middle and stays there.

Magick
10-03-2013, 09:43 PM
I've noticed explosive guns shoot slight left of the riticle for some reason.

Dar Katan
10-04-2013, 08:48 AM
It seems this has been an ongoing issue since launch with a lot of guns. Glad I was not the only one to notice this.

Trion, fix please? :D

Nilxain
10-04-2013, 06:04 PM
Both of mine (green and orange) shoot to the right (and have been since the DLC 2 release - the green one anyway). If I aim in the middle of my reticle it will shoot wide, so I use the tip of the middle left line (placing it in the center instead) and I hit my target every time (provided I don't miss for reasons not associated with the reticle). This does not work if I use the tip of the right - it just goes wide again. It also does seem to shoot a bit low - I hadn't noticed this until you guys mentioned it (since I don't use the gun much).

DreadRaver
10-04-2013, 07:49 PM
Yes, I use one all the time lately, and it's not the best for up-close targets.
But I figured that was because it's a long range rifle. It isn't a pistol or smg, after all.

It's terrible for killing the skitterlings at my feet, but that's what my Diablo is for.