PDA

View Full Version : What do I get just out of the base game ?

Floross
10-04-2013, 11:27 PM
I'm going through the trial at the moment and the game's really fun. I'm contemplating buying the game but I'm wondering if I'll be forced to buy the DLCs or would there be content released for those with just the base game.

Atticus Batman
10-05-2013, 12:25 AM
I'm going through the trial at the moment and the game's really fun. I'm contemplating buying the game but I'm wondering if I'll be forced to buy the DLCs or would there be content released for those with just the base game.

The current paid Dlc adds the Arena storyline, acces to the Thorne Lira vendor/rep and gives you a Free Raptor vehicle, as well as the ability to play as the Catithan race. If the lack of that stuff doesn't bug you, then just stick with the base game. You can play the game with anybody, wether you have the Dlc or not, and you can always buy the Dlc at a later date if you so choose.

VicousBlood
10-05-2013, 01:13 AM
Pretty much everything except the Raptor, Castithan race (which you probably already know has no race bonuses, just if you want to look like a castithan), and maybe the Arena story line, I have one account with the DLC and one account without it. The non DLC character can access the thorn liro vendor just fine, but since I just use that account as a warehouse and never tried to play it I don't how or if you can get the arena points on just the base game. However, you have piqued my curiosity so I will run a character on that account real quick and find out.

Big Jack Shepard
10-05-2013, 01:16 AM
Sadly, there is no compelling reason to buy the DLC. I say this as someone who did buy the season pass.

Floross
10-05-2013, 02:13 AM
Thanks for the responses all. I ended up buying the game since I hit the EGO limit on the trial. I'm having a blast ( but when does maintenance end :) )

Clarity Page
10-05-2013, 02:30 AM
If you have enjoyed it to this point you will probably continue enjoying it for some time, i find its a good fall back game when your not sure what to play or just want to go and kill some stuff.
Apart from making it much easier to get a charge blade (which is pretty cool) the dlc so far has failed to add any value too the game for me,
the rapter vehicle sucks but does seat 4 players,
the casti race is reskined humans so they don't look particularly like the castis from the show
and the arenas are fun but not really worth the price of the dlc/season pass.

I hope trion can make some good dlc otherwise i will not be buying next years season pass

Chump Norris
10-05-2013, 02:31 AM
I'm having a blast.

I miss that feeling when playing this game so much. With the games current price you made a good buy.

The scheduled maintenance normally doesnt take to long.

BloodMight
10-05-2013, 06:22 AM
I too played on trial version and then bought the retail version, have been playing just fine without the DLC, its not even bothered me that much. I have been tempted to buy it but it just does not seem worth it for the price they are asking compared to the actual game. Get the retail play through it all and then decide if you want the dlc or not, I wont be buying the 1st dlc unless they put out some special offers in the future as it just does not seem worth it. Unless some one can convince me other wise.

TigrisMorte
10-05-2013, 06:49 AM
Forced, no. Content with DLC, yes sort of, well there is stuff and it is cool but no, not required.
just buy the damned thing it costs about nothing.

Rumeyes
10-05-2013, 07:09 AM
I'm contemplating buying the game but I'm wondering if I'll be forced to buy the DLCs or would there be content released for those with just the base game.

Look carefully at the "paid content" section of what you are getting in the DLC's. It's not a whole lot of content. There have been massive grievances about the storycontent in DLC1 to be just 3 datarecorders to click. Just get the basegame, it's a good value.

The gamemode that is Arena, isn't much of storyline, you won't miss it. And Castithan race is a reskin which doesnt influence your playstyle either. The correct answer should be the DLC isn't worth buying, although id like to say otherwise.

It looks like DLC2 will follow the same recipe, So no, you aren't forced to buy the DLC's because for the moment, the free content given in DLC1 and DLC2 should give you more then the paid content of the DLC1 and DLC2.

I do get the feeling that might be different for DLC3, but it's unknown what that will bring, so we still got to wait and see.

royal
10-05-2013, 07:58 AM
Sadly, there is no compelling reason to buy the DLC. I say this as someone who did buy the season pass.

I second this.

Now, if they made (make) the arena's co-op, then the first DLC would be worth it.

hey u
10-05-2013, 10:03 AM
Only reason I got the season pass was so Trion could use that money to work on bug/issues for an extra hour on this game and not so much for the DLC. I still waiting for Trion to buff up health and give us story mission that NEED more than 1 person to finish it. I still waiting for hard co-op levels that are not dirt easy to finish. I still waiting for arkfalls to be a challenge and not ever so simple.

In no way am I a hardcore gamer but this game is simple. Truth be told I prolly would have quit months back if it not for the hope of waking up one morning and finding everything buffed up on health with new dlc and stuff to fight. New co-op levels that need 4 people to finish. As they sit they could prolly be done with 1 person maybe 2 needed for them. How about real co-op levels.

Sadly you wont get any of these wonderful features in the game. You get simplicity almost at its finest I say but with DLC 2 I hope Trion changes this