PDA

View Full Version : Mod Synergy Display

Deunan
10-05-2013, 01:25 PM
Do the mod synergies of a weapon light up one by one as you add each mod or does it only light up fully with four mods? If the latter does that mean you don't get any mod synergy bonuses until you have all four mods? (That seems counter-intuitive to how it would work based on the enumeration.) I ask because I have three matching synergies on a weapon and no light up.

Also does the Shotgun Hip Spread add a scope view or is it like the Stabilization Sight? Thanks.

crasher
10-05-2013, 01:37 PM
They don't light up individually. It would be nice, but.... And they do light up at the 4th syn mod completing the series.

You get each bonus as you equip a mod.

The hip-spead used to be the hot ticket, I haven't kept up with the controversy, sorrs.

Nefarious
10-05-2013, 01:39 PM
would be nice if they did light up.

WhiteF8ng
10-05-2013, 09:01 PM
No the Hipspread has never added a scope. The scatter is a better choice imo though. It now has no scope as well.

Deunan
10-05-2013, 11:38 PM
No the Hipspread has never added a scope. The scatter is a better choice imo though. It now has no scope as well.Thanks. I already tested it out on a green shotgun and white Hip Spread. Good to know that the Scatter Scope has no scope either. I did like the bonuses better but I assumed when it said scope it added a scope. Next time around I'll use that instead.

crasher
10-06-2013, 12:41 AM
Thanks. I already tested it out on a green shotgun and white Hip Spread. Good to know that the Scatter Scope has no scope either. I did like the bonuses better but I assumed when it said scope it added a scope. Next time around I'll use that instead.
Yeah, that whole scope/no-scope thing is a PITA for no reason other than the devs who control everything don't tend to bother knowing the details of what they're controlling.

Examples.
AR/LMG/SMG scopes:
1.) Assault scope = No-scope view.
2.) Commando scope = Similar to FRC B/A sniper rifle scope view.
3.) Stabilization scope = No-scope view.
4.) Tactical scope = Same as VBI B/A sniper scope view. Big nasty blue reticule with all the chintz. Reminds me of scoping thru lace curtains.

Considering that you can't easily TEST a scope without a hassle.... they could have made it easier, and less costly of time/materials to just post pics after they mucked the scopes up.