PDA

View Full Version : Do I get an award for...

Nefarious
10-05-2013, 03:57 PM
...being the only player in all of Defiance PvP that doesn't use and Cloak, Infector, Big Boomer, BMG, or Surge Bolter?

Like that's a unique feat. Seriously there is a better chance of winning the lottery, getting bit by a shark, and getting struck by lightning in the same day then a player like this ever existing. But despite those odds here I am. Truly 1 of a kind :cool:

I should get a unique in-game title, I already picked it out on what it should be.

Sui generis - Latin phrase, meaning "of its own kind/genus" and "unique in its characteristics".

Im looking forward to see this title in my claim items box in the next couple of days or so after Trion reads this.

Dandrielas
10-05-2013, 04:02 PM
How about a hug from a dev instead? Of course though, you will have to pay for the hug, but at least, you have the chance to even get one.

mattr
10-05-2013, 04:04 PM
...being the only player in all of Defiance PvP that doesn't use and Cloak, Infector, Big Boomer, BMG, or Surge Bolter?

Like that's a unique feat. Seriously there is a better chance of winning the lottery, getting bit by a shark, and getting struck by lightning in the same day then a player like this ever existing. But despite those odds here I am. Truly 1 of a kind :cool:

I should get a unique in-game title, I already picked it out on what it should be.

Sui generis - Latin phrase, meaning "of its own kind/genus" and "unique in its characteristics".

Im looking forward to see this title in my claim items box in the next couple of days or so after Trion reads this.

Sorry, you're not the only one. Heavy sawed off scattergun/nano fragger and blur here :p Try again next time heh.

jr_smurf_dog
10-05-2013, 04:16 PM
I dont even play pvp so i should get a hug to

Dandrielas
10-05-2013, 04:23 PM
I dont even play pvp so i should get a hug to

No hugs for you!

Bishop Cypher
10-05-2013, 04:40 PM

Seriously, I'm getting sick of it. I used to PvP all the time, but getting 1-2 shotted by a bolter "no scoped" from 50ft is getting old, real fast.
Like your choice for a title though, I'd definitely work towards that one.

oo629
10-05-2013, 04:41 PM
1- Equip Decoy and the Sensor Sweep upgrade
2- Use your EGO power
3- Watch the pretty colors completely fill up your radar.

Camelot
10-05-2013, 05:29 PM

Your title should be"The Martyr" or people called it the "Stupid One".

Nefarious
10-05-2013, 07:16 PM
Your title should be"The Martyr" or people called it the "Stupid One".

;(

Looks like someone is rustled because Im poking fun at PvP crutches. You should be ashamed of yourself if you use them.

Anyway trolling aside lets be real here fam. Srs. PvP is more garbage then gold because of the things I listed. No doubts about it. How insane is it that there is only a few select things players use and spam? Such things like Invisibility and Auto Hit Guns? What the hell was Trion thinking putting these things in the game? Ill never wrap my mind around it. Such things are a recipe for disaster in any multiplayer game.

PvP has been narrowed down to this form of game play and nothing else. Which is tragic because you can just look at Defiance PvP and the layout of the levels and the Open World of Shadow War and see so much more in terms variety and tactical gameplay. But that is non-existent with Invisibility and skilless aimless weapons.

Think of it this way. Its like having a golf club that guarantees holes in one...Whats the use of playing golf then with such a Golf Club if it existed? Does it make you good or smart for using it? Or does it make you a idiot for using the Golf Club that guarantees holes in one since it takes all skill aspect out of the game? What would be the use of playing then?

And that's the same thing we have here with Defiance. The part that makes a game competitive and fun is really gone with unbalanced and over powered weapons. The skill element is being eliminated. And if you eliminate the skill in a shooter game then....what's left?

I hope Trion comes through like Trick said in his State of the Game Update on how they would work on the balance of features and weapons. And its easy enough to see what needs to be balanced.

Nefarious
10-05-2013, 08:04 PM
This is how easy it is to balance these things.

Here we go. Cloak, Infector, Big Boomer, BMG, Surge Bolter, GO!!!

Cloak: Make Cloak work like "Active Camouflage" just like in every movie or video game to ever exist! You know where the person blends into their surroundings but they have a shape and outline about them....not like it is now being "Invisible". I think that's good enough considering you don't show up on Radar when shooting and when activated it instantly starts to recharge shields.

Invisibility = bad.

Active Camouflage = good.

Fixed.

Next...

Infector: Ammo carried for Players in PvP is lessened all around compared to what we carry in PvE. This in itself could help balance all kinds of weapons. A real powerful weapon like Infectors not only could be balanced by the amount of ammo a player could carry with it, which would be super easy since no other weapon shares the Infectors ammo type. But even more so Trion could get down to weapon specifics.

Like the Canker could carry the least amount of Ammo since its ridiculously strong, while something like the Incubator could carry the most amount of ammo since its the weakest and a defensive weapon. Hmm makes sense. A trade off for Power or more ammo? Choices are good.

Fixed.

Next...

Big Boomer: Same idea with ammo ^^^ could be applied here. But I think for the sake of other ideas that the Big Boomer should get its DMG reduced since it excels so much at Blast Radius. Its the best at everything in what Detonators do. There has to be a trade off. Funny how the Crash Boomer is the weakest and is a near direct hit weapon. You would figure since the blast radius is smaller on the Crash it would trade off by being stronger....idk just a thought. ;)

You get the idea of balancing with Detonators. One or the other with DMG and Blast Radius, its over powered to have to much of both.

Im going to say fixed on this one.

Next...

BMG: BMGs shouldn't be able to self heal.

Fixed.

Next...

Surge Bolter: Well this is easy enough. How about some Hip Spread like every other gun in the game. And if its going to have Bolt Action Power and not get taking out of scope when shooting it then make it so that the charge is longer for its "no miss Volley Ball width shot" that it pumps out. Easy stuff.

Fixed!

Hurray for Balance! :D

Cheer Damnit! :mad:

nathanpbutler
10-05-2013, 08:37 PM
You should be ashamed of yourself if you use them.

I'm in complete agreement that PVP is unbalanced to the point of absurdity. However, shaming those who use particular weapons, EGO powers, perks, etc. that are perfectly legal within the game itself is asinine. It is akin to shaming baseball teams that rely on home run hitters, bashing the Bulls back in the day for daring to put Michael Jordan out on the court, etc.

Should the balance be tweaked? Certainly, especially if it can be done without screwing over PVE play. But that is on Trion, not on the players. Unless they are taking advantage of a bug or other exploit that is not meant to be part of the game (and those are many and varied, it seems), there's nothing inherently wrong in players, especially newer players, using whatever weapon they see fit to make the game's rather wonky PVP enjoyable (or, at the very least, endurable).

And before the normal "if you think that, you must not play PVP" reply, bear in mind that I've played through Defiance PVP in each mode and on each map (except for the buggy now infinite-queued Military Academy) enough at this point to have knocked off every PVP-related pursuit, including those tied to PVP via Echelon rep requirements.

Gripe that Trion has overpowered some weapons or abilities. Provide that feedback to Trion in hopes of better balance. But shaming other players because they use legitimate loadouts that you simply don't want them to use, placing your personal preference of playstyle over theirs, is either unabashed egocentrism or borderline narcissism.

You summed it up well:

I hope Trion comes through like Trick said in his State of the Game Update on how they would work on the balance of features and weapons. And its easy enough to see what needs to be balanced.

Stick with the high ground. It comes off better when your posts are read in text sans inflection.

Nefarious
10-05-2013, 08:50 PM
As far as shaming goes, the guy called me stupid. lol I cant fire back a bit? C'mon.

And did Michal Jordon wear moon shoes when playing basket ball to jump so high? Or home run hitters in baseball aloud to use wide steel metal bats?

As far as my personal preference goes its not like Im picking on a few players. Take a look at the whole thing. PvP is a sloppy mess. Everyone is using the same things and its some of the most linear gameplay because of so. And like I said its tragic because if you look at Defiance PvP it could be so much more versatile.

Xtorma
10-05-2013, 09:01 PM

Cloak: Make Cloak work like "Active Camouflage" just like in every movie or video game to ever exist! You know where the person blends into their surroundings but they have a shape and outline about them....not like it is now being "Invisible". I think that's good enough considering you don't show up on Radar when shooting and when activated it instantly starts to recharge shields.

Invisibility = bad.

Fixed.

Next...

Infector: Ammo carried for Players in PvP is lessened all around compared to what we carry in PvE. This in itself could help balance all kinds of weapons. A real powerful weapon like Infectors not only could be balanced by the amount of ammo a player could carry with it, which would be super easy since no other weapon shares the Infectors ammo type. But even more so Trion could get down to weapon specifics.

Like the Canker could carry the least amount of Ammo since its ridiculously strong, while something like the Incubator could carry the most amount of ammo since its the weakest and a defensive weapon. Hmm makes sense. A trade off for Power or more ammo? Choices are good.

Fixed.

Next...

Big Boomer: Same idea with ammo ^^^ could be applied here. But I think for the sake of other ideas that the Big Boomer should get its DMG reduced since it excels so much at Blast Radius. Its the best at everything in what Detonators do. There has to be a trade off. Funny how the Crash Boomer is the weakest and is a near direct hit weapon. You would figure since the blast radius is smaller on the Crash it would trade off by being stronger....idk just a thought. ;)

You get the idea of balancing with Detonators. One or the other with DMG and Blast Radius, its over powered to have to much of both.

Next...

Fixed.

Next...

Surge Bolter: Well this is easy enough. How about some Hip Spread like every other gun in the game. And if its going to have Bolt Action Power and not get taking out of scope when shooting it then make it so that the charge is longer for its "no miss Volley Ball width shot" that it pumps out. Easy stuff.

Fixed!

they can do nerfs like me3 did. they gathered data and when they kept seeing the same guns , or the same characters or builds being played at a much higher percentage than any other, that is where they looked to nerf. No one finds items in any game that need adjustment better than its players.

Valentine
10-05-2013, 09:11 PM
Big boomers are hilarious though! Live a little and try them they're really funny to use in pvp xD Ppl walk over the mines and then boom!

Nefarious
10-05-2013, 09:11 PM
they can do nerfs like me3 did. they gathered data and when they kept seeing the same guns , or the same characters or builds being played at a much higher percentage than any other, that is where they looked to nerf. No one finds items in any game that need adjustment better than its players.

That is true. No one finds items in any game that need adjustment better than its players.

And the proof is in the pudding. <( lol idk what that means)

Just play to see what ALL players are using. And beyond that its not Rocket Science to see Cloak is over powered because it makes players utterly invisible. That was said on Day 1. Its was and still is that obvious.

And what needs to be fixed couldn't be any easier to figure out. Its not like Trion needs to look and balance Assault Rifles. Its simple to recognize that its THE GUNS THAT DONT NEED TO BE AIMED TO KILL PLAYERS WITH. What is so hard about that?

I for one like my fixes since it makes sense for Cloak, it doesn't nerf Infectors stats, gives some balance to Detonators, wont change how you level a BMG, and it just brings Surge Bolters down in line with other snipers. Is that to crazy to ask for?

Xtorma
10-05-2013, 09:18 PM
That is true. No one finds items in any game that need adjustment better than its players.

And the proof is in the pudding. <( lol idk what that means)

Just play to see what ALL players are using. And beyond that its not Rocket Science to see Cloak is over powered because it make players utterly invisible. That was said on Day 1. Its was and still is that obvious.

And what needs to be fixed couldn't be any easier to figure out. Its not like Trion needs to look and balance Assault Rifles. Its simple to recognize that its THE GUNS THAT DONT NEED TO BE AIMED TO KILL PLAYERS WITH. What is so hard about that?

I for one like my fixes since it makes sense for Cloak, it doesn't nerf Infectors stats, gives some balance to Detonators, wont change how you level a BMG, and it just brings Surge Bolters down in line with other snipers. Is that to crazy to ask for?

in me3 the more damage a sniper rifle did per shot , the more it was penalized if hip fired. which made perfect sense, not in a real life way , but in a game balance way.

Camelot
10-05-2013, 09:20 PM
As far as shaming goes, the guy called me stupid. lol I cant fire back a bit? C'mon.

And did Michal Jordon wear moon shoes when playing basket ball to jump so high? Or home run hitters in baseball aloud to use wide steel metal bats?

As far as my personal preference goes its not like Im picking on a few players. Take a look at the whole thing. PvP is a sloppy mess. Everyone is using the same things and its some of the most linear gameplay because of so. And like I said its tragic because if you look at Defiance PvP it could be so much more versatile.

I called you stupid?What I said was,your title should be "The Martyr" other people called that "The Stupid one".
Martyr cause you cannot,would not,couldn't and will not adapt.I get you,you hate or don't like people use
cloak,infectors,big boomer,etc.....I myself hate them cause it's not fair.Cause they always shoot you in the back, like coward little kids.But you have to fight fire with fire.If you don't like the other weapons then I suggest
you get another game cause those weapons are going to stay.

Nefarious
10-05-2013, 09:28 PM
As far as "those weapons are going to stay" its not that unheard of for Trion to make drastic changes. Im not even asking for drastic changes.

But once upon a time there was a Vot Mass Cannon that would detonate on its own the moment it reached over an enemy. So yeah, you could just fire them off in the general direction of others and the rocket would burst and cluster the moment it came over an enemies head all on their own. No need to do it manually. It made the manually detonated Mass Cannon obsolete. That's no good.

There was also a Breaker Cannon that held multiple rockets which didn't need a lock on to home in. It was so good that you could fire it straight up into the air and the rockets would come whizzing down to auto hit enemies. Imagine that.

Also remember you could add clip size in +1 variables to Rocket Launchers and Shotguns? Remember Shotguns carried 20 rounds and One Hit Killed with spread?

Now is Invisible players with Auto Hit Infectors any less crazy then those ^^^ things?

Hell lets bring those Rocket Launchers back so players don't even need to leave their spawns to kill each other.

Kaiselius
10-05-2013, 09:48 PM

Invisibility = bad.

Fixed.

Next...

Fixed.

Next...

Next...

Fixed.

Next...

Fixed!

Cloak: they've already stated that is how cloak was supposed to work and are planning on fixing it.
Infectors: You are forgetting one big mitigating factor they have, you can clear the dot by rolling. It vastly decreases their kill power if you can remember this during matches. Really the only "nerf" they need is a slight decrease in their auto-tracking ammo.
Detonators: I honestly can't think of any fix for them that wouldn't drop them down to rocket launcher tier(I.E. So sucktastic no one would use them). Really the worst thing about them is that people pair them with cloak. Also, from my experience, big boomers aren't the op ones, it's the ground pounders.

BMG: So you want the only healing weapon in the game to not be able to heal? If they are giving you problems just remember that while they are healing themselves they can't be attacking you. Stop dodging/bunnyhopping around and lay into them.
Surge Bolter: Yea, they are way to accurate in hip fire mode. Giving them the same spread as other sniper rifles would fix that right up.

jarmin kell
10-05-2013, 09:58 PM
Well nefarious I give you props your good and I have trouble killing you.... and your a smart player I had trouble sniping you while you were on the roof shadow war... you kept on summoning your four wheeler and using it at cover. I sniped you but took like three minute it was awesome. Playing with you and against you no h o m o.... also your a bad but with an AR

Nefarious
10-05-2013, 10:00 PM
Cloak: they've already stated that is how cloak was supposed to work and are planning on fixing it.

Infectors: You are forgetting one big mitigating factor they have, you can clear the dot by rolling. It vastly decreases their kill power if you can remember this during matches. Really the only "nerf" they need is a slight decrease in their auto-tracking ammo.

Detonators: I honestly can't think of any fix for them that wouldn't drop them down to rocket launcher tier(I.E. So sucktastic no one would use them). Really the worst thing about them is that people pair them with cloak. Also, from my experience, big boomers aren't the op ones, it's the ground pounders.

BMG: So you don't want the only healing weapon in the game to not be able to heal? If they are giving you problems just remember that while they are healing themselves they can't be attacking you. Stop dodging/bunnyhopping around and lay into them.

Surge Bolter: Yea, they are way to accurate in hip fire mode. Giving them the same spread as other sniper rifles would fix that right up.

The change to cloak cant come fast enough. PvP is invisible ppl shooting and then running away from each other.

Not only Big Boomers but I think all Detonators need to be looked at. Buffs and nerfs alike. Its just that Big Boomers are the most over used because of their power and quick explosive hit. I never had a problem with Ground Pounders since the moment they pop you can roll out of the way before the cluster drops. But no doubt they are crazy powerful to, they are just not being used as much because the Big Boomers have a quicker hit.

I just think that with Infectors and BMGs being auto hit guns that they need to be cut more. If a gun auto hits in a shooter then it needs some big down sides to being a auto hitting weapon. BMGs are not a huge problem but being able to self heal puts it over the edge for being a auto hit gun imo.

And idk what Trion was thinking with the Surge Bolter.

Nefarious
10-05-2013, 10:07 PM
Well nefarious I give you props your good and I have trouble killing you.... and your a smart player I had trouble sniping you while you were on the roof shadow war... you kept on summoning your four wheeler and using it at cover. I sniped you but took like three minute it was awesome. Playing with you and against you no h o m o.... also your a bad but with an AR

lol I remember that. Yeah I was testing that. It was at the Last Chance. I jumped on top of the flat platform above the Gas Station to see how someone would react to me spawning my four wheeler to use as cover.

Yeah I cant really do it since its worthless against the invisible ppl with infectors lol. But if you are in a Sniping duel do it because no one else does. Spawn your four wheeler to use as quick cover.

nathanpbutler
10-05-2013, 10:23 PM

If moon shoes or wide metal bats were allowed and provided by the NBA and MLB for those games, then, yes, that would have been perfectly legal. You are making an analogy that is not actually analogous. To make a valid analogy, you need something that *is* legal within those games yet provides some measure of advantage to that team in a fashion that is seen as overkill or overly prejudicial against those without those advantages.

As I said, I agree that PVP is ridiculous at this point, though I personally find that most of my PVP deaths tended to be to Nano-Fraggers or SMGs until probably the last month or so, during which I started to see the BMGs and detonators all over the place on PS3 (NA). From my understanding (a bear in mind that most of this is now second-hand, given that my PVP experience tends to be in fighting games, Defiance, and a select few High Moon Studios games), most PVP games end up leaning toward certain loadouts over time.

With regard to your specific suggestions, I would argue that ammo limits wouldn't mean all that much. When a player dies, they respawn with a certain set amount of ammo. You have to be pretty good (and lucky) to actually run out of ammo for the weapon types for which you suggest limiting ammo. It might help, but it would be unlikely to affect the tendency for newer PVP players to lean toward those weapons because, frankly, they'd be dying often enough to constantly have replenished ammo.

One could also add another weapon to that list of overused items these days: charge blades. The fact that one can simply pound on the attack button and not only slash but move forward significantly faster then an opponent can backpedal or roll backward manages, along with its damage, to create a rather overpowered weapon for PVP. Moreover, barring a lucky Tier 4 lockbox purchase, these weapons are limited to those who pay for the DLC, making it fair game for a Pay-to-Win argument. I don't tend to see people arguing that these should be changed, though. One has to wonder whether these are simply too new to PVP to be the source of "chang dis or PPV is brokesn" torrents on the forum.

Nefarious
10-06-2013, 12:02 AM
If moon shoes or wide metal bats were allowed and provided by the NBA and MLB for those games, then, yes, that would have been perfectly legal. You are making an analogy that is not actually analogous. To make a valid analogy, you need something that *is* legal within those games yet provides some measure of advantage to that team in a fashion that is seen as overkill or overly prejudicial against those without those advantages.

Yeah, your really digging into something that was more of a play on words to give an idea what it means to take the skill aspect out a game.

And its not so much as one person has an advantage or that person is better or whatever. It more about its the same crap over and over and over again.

Invisible players. Auto hit Infectors. Bunny Hop Detonators. Over powered Surge Bolter. Its senseless and witless. They are the things in this game that do everything and bend for you. And that's all ppl are using.

Guarantied holes in one with magic golf clubs makes for an exciting game. And after your done and play again, what's in store for the players? Another game of guarantied holes in one with magic golf clubs! Great?

nathanpbutler
10-06-2013, 10:26 AM
And its not so much as one person has an advantage or that person is better or whatever. It more about its the same crap over and over and over again.

If repetition is the issue, then there's surely an issue far, far more pressing than weapon tweaks to make PVP less repetitive: new maps. Two of each kind (well, one for C&H, given that Military Academy is never played) is ridiculous after so long of the game being live.

Skullsuku
10-06-2013, 11:35 AM
Nefarious I c u around the game and u r a good player, but I don't think that u should have your own title[it may make u seem full of yourself].But what I think they should do is have a few matches where u only have a choice of certain weapons for the match and can't change them after the match starts.U know even things up some.I'm not a great player like yourself, but this is how one would seperate the cheats and or super weapon people from the real people playing w/t the skill level that u r talking about.And while we r at it maybe not have any extra powers like the people w/t endless cloak, I do c this in almost every match.Also no auto aim, make them work for it.Now would this b more to your liking?

Kaiselius
10-06-2013, 01:24 PM
Nefarious I c u around the game and u r a good player, but I don't think that u should have your own title[it may make u seem full of yourself].But what I think they should do is have a few matches where u only have a choice of certain weapons for the match and can't change them after the match starts.U know even things up some.I'm not a great player like yourself, but this is how one would seperate the cheats and or super weapon people from the real people playing w/t the skill level that u r talking about.And while we r at it maybe not have any extra powers like the people w/t endless cloak, I do c this in almost every match.Also no auto aim, make them work for it.Now would this b more to your liking?

You know, special matches where everyone is forced to use x weapon for the entire round sounds really interesting and could even give people a chance to try out a different weapon they may not have otherwise even given a second glance to otherwise.

Nefarious
10-06-2013, 03:42 PM

Sometimes I troll around on here to hard. All I want is the obvious fixes to the things that need to be fixed. I don't what guns to be segregated to break the community up. It already has its ups and down with the amount of ppl playing.

If anything its mainly cloak and infectors. What they do is insane and have no business working the way they do in a shooter game.

Cloak in itself made shotguns get nerfed. Although a lot of ppl were saying Shotguns were to strong, which they kinda were, they were really Over Powered since you can just run up to ppl with cloak and blast them. Cloak cuts the distance game down with no strategy to do so.

Bunny hopping wouldn't be a problem if it wasn't for the way infectors and detonators work. Players can just jump up and down and get easy and mass kills with guns that don't need to be aimed. How was this intended?

And I was thinking about Detonators. What about lowering the rate of fire on the strongest ones? So they cant just be spammed all over the place? Big Boomers and Ground Pounders rate of fire get lowered so they are mainly be used as Trap weapons? I think that's pretty cool. Keep the damage and lower their rate of fire so they are no longer uber assault weapons.

TAG
10-07-2013, 07:59 AM
VBI assault rifle right here. I actually like to aim and stuff.

kendillin
10-07-2013, 08:13 AM
I enjoy the pvp. I suck at it. Cloak is ridiculous. Infectors are ridiculous. So what? Went 4/14 last night, kept playing. Whatever, it IS a game. ( yes, I screamed at screen, so what?)
PS the big boomer animation could reflect the significant difference in blast radius. Bugs could be easier to avoid and kill. And for a looooooong time I was getting killed looking for that shimmer on cloak.

TAG
10-07-2013, 08:17 AM
Honestly I notice that people use cloak going into a battle is a mistake. Try using cloak when you need it the most (like when your getting shot). Also if your shield is down it will instantly start recharging when you use cloak (making Rhino the best PvP shield in the game).

kendillin
10-07-2013, 08:47 AM
Honestly I notice that people use cloak going into a battle is a mistake. Try using cloak when you need it the most (like when your getting shot). Also if your shield is down it will instantly start recharging when you use cloak (making Rhino the best PvP shield in the game).
Don't get how people are cloaked at the start of the battle, before any engagement, and my ego's about half charged.(ya, I know, perks. Just seems to charge really fast.)

Atticus Batman
10-07-2013, 02:41 PM
For infectors, a simple fix would be to give them the lock on mechanics of the Lock on Rl.
You actually have to look at your target to lock on and then it only stays locked on for a limited time. Then you have to do so again, and so on.

Deunan
10-07-2013, 03:14 PM
Think of it this way. Its like having a golf club that guarantees holes in one...Whats the use of playing golf then with such a Golf Club if it existed? Does it make you good or smart for using it? Or does it make you a idiot for using the Golf Club that guarantees holes in one since it takes all skill aspect out of the game? What would be the use of playing then?Interesting analogy. First it makes me think that you don't actually play golf. Second it lends some insight as to why so many people might use the build and strategy you're talking about.

On the golf analogy, the fact of the matter is that the majority of golfers out there do in fact use the set of golf clubs and equipment that require the lowest skill possible to get the best score possible. The golf club industry thrives on it. I see very few golfers that don't use drivers with gigantic heads and huge sweet spots, or cavity backed irons or hybrids instead of blades. Then there's the putters and long putters in particular which don't even involve the concept of a putting stroke. Hell even pros use long putters (although the PGA is finally banning them starting in 2016).

Whether it's achieving a low handicap or getting PvP pursuits, most people don't particularly care whether they use crutches to achieve them. In golf they certainly still feel good about their handicap and in PvP a lot of players probably don't even care about "feeling good" about having a one dimensional lowest common denominator build and strategy. They probably just want to achieve their pursuit points for their EGO score and get the hell out of Dodge.

Nefarious
10-07-2013, 07:57 PM
http://www.miscupload.com/upload/462593037109270819690212.jpg