PDA

View Full Version : Why the lack of content? Season pass a waste of money??

OcelotKharn
10-06-2013, 05:34 PM
So Ive returned to play Defiance as I left before due to lack of content and not much worth doing and after all this time theres only been one DLC. I have to admit Ive always stuck up for Trion but I gotta ask what the heck were you thinking claiming DLC galore within the first 4-6 months. So far all I can assume is that the money I paid for the Ultimate Edition on Xbox has been a waste. The only things have been the new weapons and the Volge Seiges. But I gotta admit as fun as those are theres only so much you can do before the whole thing becomes pointless, boring and self defeating. I cant see this game continuing on with all the other games that have came out since its release and on top of that November will be even worse with BF4 and CoD Ghosts aswell as the ps4 and xbox one being released. Trion you are going to have to do alot better than you have been to keep people interested. As bad as it sounds we the people can almost compare you to EA.

Solo
10-06-2013, 05:37 PM
This game still alive?......w0w

OcelotKharn
10-06-2013, 05:41 PM
barely I would say

Bonehead
10-06-2013, 07:52 PM
you guys smell like trolls

Jet1337
10-06-2013, 07:53 PM

Lol, I wish krazy karen was here.

Bonehead
10-06-2013, 09:41 PM
Lol, I wish krazy karen was here.

but we have enough 50 year old fat guys already.

OcelotKharn
10-07-2013, 01:05 AM
Its easy to label people as a troll however just because someones opinion is negative about something doesnt make them a troll. From Day one of the games announce I was up for it. On release I put up with having to wait 2 weeks for my ultimate edition thanks to namco bandai being idiots. And from the time I got my game till I moved on to another game I put up with various bugs and issues ingame aswell as the lack of content etc. Im not a troll I am realistic and the truth of the matter is the player base is dwindling severely and I am merely echoing some of the issues people have already mentioned before but yet fell on deaf ears. We are entitled to an explanation as to why about 70% of what we were told before release has been either a load of bs or just hasnt happened. When I wrote this post last night I went looking into content etc and was happy enough that dlc2 is currently being put together but lets face it, too little too late. We were told 2 DLC's the first 3 months and we never even got 1

N3gativeCr33p
10-07-2013, 06:25 AM

Like the old saying goes... "If it looks like a troll, and it smells like a troll"... ;)

http://farm5.staticflickr.com/4083/5055032357_69d1d1be72_z.jpg

Thearl
10-07-2013, 06:59 AM
http://rlv.zcache.com/angry_cat_demands_attention_pin-rc6acbf072b2f4df89b4583bb1febcb0c_x7j1a_8byvr_512. jpg
Here's your obligatory 'I stuck up for Trion until today' medal.

Xtorma
10-07-2013, 07:50 AM
Its easy to label people as a troll however just because someones opinion is negative about something doesnt make them a troll. From Day one of the games announce I was up for it. On release I put up with having to wait 2 weeks for my ultimate edition thanks to namco bandai being idiots. And from the time I got my game till I moved on to another game I put up with various bugs and issues ingame aswell as the lack of content etc. Im not a troll I am realistic and the truth of the matter is the player base is dwindling severely and I am merely echoing some of the issues people have already mentioned before but yet fell on deaf ears. We are entitled to an explanation as to why about 70% of what we were told before release has been either a load of bs or just hasnt happened. When I wrote this post last night I went looking into content etc and was happy enough that dlc2 is currently being put together but lets face it, too little too late. We were told 2 DLC's the first 3 months and we never even got 1

I am curious as to what 70% you are referring to? I can say that the explanation you feel you are "entitled" to was that the new producer felt it important to fix the current code before adding in more code that would make it that much harder. They are very slowly releasing much needed improvements (contract interface) and not so well received (grenade makeover) mechanic changes to bring the game closer to what they envision it should be. You can not speed up this process, as I have witnessed in countless other mmo's, (because every single mmo released has people just like you on the forums saying the exact same things) by coming on the forums and "demanding" explanations that have already been given, and content that hasn't yet been approved for release.

If it's too little to late for you, what was the point of posting other than to troll? You have already decided not to play again, unless too little to late means something different to you than to me.

Skill
10-07-2013, 08:36 AM
Here's your obligatory 'I stuck up for Trion until today' medal.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-jCsJp9VWqjo/UdjiQCwtY_I/AAAAAAAABrk/CbZoaXA3SIQ/s400/SBSB.jpg

Here's your obligatory 'I stuck up for Trion' medal.

They are very slowly releasing much needed improvements (contract interface) and not so well received (grenade makeover) mechanic changes to bring the game closer to what they envision it should be.

That they still need to fix issues, is no excuse for bringing out a DLC with paid content a lot of people are not satisfied with. The package isn't worth paying for. If you can't notice the amount of people leaving because of the lack in gamecontent, glitches/exploits in PVE/PVP, and unsatisfying DLC's, then you simply don't want to see Trion can not handle what makes players stay to keep playing a MMO.

I said it in another thread, Trion made a cute backyard, but it's in no comparison to other worlds which are drawing players away. Stop being such a fanboi and discuss how it can improve.

You can not dismiss these comments, because it is valid criticism.

Thearl
10-07-2013, 10:27 AM

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-4_B1AANiXs0/TempilRY3oI/AAAAAAAAAak/FIWiltgVIss/s1600/trolls-kitten.jpg

Xtorma
10-07-2013, 12:07 PM
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-jCsJp9VWqjo/UdjiQCwtY_I/AAAAAAAABrk/CbZoaXA3SIQ/s400/SBSB.jpg

That they still need to fix issues, is no excuse for bringing out a DLC with paid content a lot of people are not satisfied with. The package isn't worth paying for. If you can't notice the amount of people leaving because of the lack in gamecontent, glitches/exploits in PVE/PVP, and unsatisfying DLC's, then you simply don't want to see Trion can not handle what makes players stay to keep playing a MMO.

I said it in another thread, Trion made a cute backyard, but it's in no comparison to other worlds which are drawing players away. Stop being such a fanboi and discuss how it can improve.

You are the everyman complainer of mmo's. No mmo escapes people like you. Every single one of them have people exactly like you.

I have plenty of folks in my clan.
I see plenty of folks at arkfalls.
I wish there were more to do, but I wish that in every single non sandbox mmo that I have ever played.
I wish there were better features, but again, this is always something that comes up in mmo's.

I see where you are coming from with the "fanboi" insult, but it's not so much that, as it is mmo experience. I know what to expect from mmo's because I have played so many.

I have criticized this game plenty. Once they address those criticisms, then all I can really do is wait for them to deliver. Will they deliver everything I ask for, of course not, no game ever does. Will they deliver everything they say they will, maybe, but if they do not, it wouldn't be the first time in mmo history this has happened, in fact it happens regularly in most every game. Will there be disappointed people like you screaming on the forums? Absolutely. It happens in every single mmo.

So call me what you will, because I already have identified what you are.

Skill
10-07-2013, 12:31 PM
I have criticized this game plenty. Once they address those criticisms, then all I can really do is wait for them to deliver. Will they deliver everything I ask for, of course not, no game ever does. Will they deliver everything they say they will, maybe, but if they do not, it wouldn't be the first time in mmo history this has happened, in fact it happens regularly in most every game.

You already lost the argument by replying. The way you answer shows you expect Trion will not meet the expectations of the players and you avoid the topic at hand. Funny thing is, if you want to name a company that was able to boost a game, it's Trion (wih Rift).

The OP wants to discuss the fact that the release of DLC's arent as promised, the paid content of the DLC's is beneath the level of what you might expect of a DLC, and that if DLC's will not improve, it will damage the image people have of Defiance.

As such, I have to agree with the OP that I do not find the DLC worth the money.

You want to join this discussion or just keep trolling this thread?

Bonehead
10-07-2013, 07:40 PM

Here's your obligatory 'I stuck up for Trion' medal

sure I can.......

Bonehead
10-07-2013, 07:41 PM
troll is as troll does

paullt
10-07-2013, 09:27 PM
I am curious as to what 70% you are referring to? I can say that the explanation you feel you are "entitled" to was that the new producer felt it important to fix the current code before adding in more code that would make it that much harder. They are very slowly releasing much needed improvements (contract interface) and not so well received (grenade makeover) mechanic changes to bring the game closer to what they envision it should be. You can not speed up this process, as I have witnessed in countless other mmo's, (because every single mmo released has people just like you on the forums saying the exact same things) by coming on the forums and "demanding" explanations that have already been given, and content that hasn't yet been approved for release.

If it's too little to late for you, what was the point of posting other than to troll? You have already decided not to play again, unless too little to late means something different to you than to me.

mate, you might be the only one still playing this game............I bought the season pass and I feel like Trion have screwed me over. If not already I guess that this game will be dead and buried when the new consoles come out

Bonehead
10-07-2013, 10:00 PM
mate, you might be the only one still playing this game............I bought the season pass and I feel like Trion have screwed me over. If not already I guess that this game will be dead and buried when the new consoles come out
LOL

so if not a troll just mega butthurt mate ?

Mr666
10-07-2013, 10:57 PM
I will say one thing I don't like about the first DLC and its that they painted a picture of a story missions like the main story which wasn't the case and I feel a little burned by that. Yet that is marketing kind in the way of most games like borderlands saying that there is over a million different guns in their game... which there is but the changes a so small and the gun are the same type so it doesn't feel like a true million. Same said for the 5 area base missions but they never said the area and the story were not the same yet didn't said there were the same. ALso I can't be mad till I have seem all I have paid for at the end. Maybe then I can see what alot of you people are mad about.

Skill
10-08-2013, 08:57 AM
Yet that is marketing kind in the way of most games like borderlands saying that there is over a million different guns in their game... which there is but the changes a so small and the gun are the same type so it doesn't feel like a true million.

That depends on what game you pick then. Most DLC's I have bought in MMO's have a good storyquest package with repeatable content. It doesn't need to be an expansion, but the first DLC just gave 1 arena, a reskin and 3 datarecorders as paid content.

Whether you bought the seasonpass or just this DLC, you paid for it, and a lot of people think is really thin and didn't keep them playing. In the end, you can say it's marketing, but if Trion keeps putting out DLC's like this, it will become bad marketing.

KylieDog
10-08-2013, 10:01 AM
I bought the Ultimate Edition new for 20 and the only reason I don't feel ripped off is because I've been using the messenger bag that came with it.

ooooooooooooooo
10-08-2013, 10:21 AM
lets not forget about the false advertising :)

OcelotKharn
10-08-2013, 10:32 AM
lets not forget about the false advertising :)

That is actually a very good point actually thats the 70% i was talking about. Before release they told us al sort of fantastical stuff that the game would have then games launches and surprise surprise they lied. Id also like to point out to the people claiming im a troll that I am not and I am actually still playing defiance despite my annoyance with Trion and how they have indeed screwed us over. As I can see there are plenty people agreeing with my original point.

ooooooooooooooo
10-08-2013, 12:27 PM
That is actually a very good point actually thats the 70% i was talking about. Before release they told us al sort of fantastical stuff that the game would have then games launches and surprise surprise they lied. Id also like to point out to the people claiming im a troll that I am not and I am actually still playing defiance despite my annoyance with Trion and how they have indeed screwed us over. As I can see there are plenty people agreeing with my original point.
the game itself is great imo but there needs to more to i mean sieges and darkmatter arks are fun but i mean hell for dlc we havent gotten much i myself pre ordered and am a little dissappointed me myself am hoping they bring osmething in to bring back the community thats what neds to happen. instead of antagonising them why cant we just play it and get on with it the money is done spent there is no refund yet we still play even tho we are pissed about dlc its no big deal issues happen i suppose

Elastik Spastik
10-08-2013, 12:32 PM
Need harder arkfalls and lots more enemies at them.

ooooooooooooooo
10-08-2013, 12:48 PM
Need harder arkfalls and lots more enemies at them.
you know i agree better arkfalls would be amazing now... if we had an elite hulker arkfall with a super hard boss id me amazed this would be a far better challenge than runing around with a green glow with super easy killining...darkmatters bore me way to easy and rewards suck for the length of time it takes to finish....and this is to trion you know they saying :the customer is always right:? well in this case it is when ur losing ur gaming community its usually time to start listening to the customers because obviously alot of ur ideas have failed but its still a good game dont get me wrong only prob im having is the uber bordom of repetitive events and know it all kids legendaryvendor:) but anyways maybe this would be a good idea guys im still trying to support you guys but its geting harder and whats with my 78tier 4 lockboxes and no legendarys at all or me never getting a volge br or anything other than blues or green at darkmatters? ive done way more than 100 dmarks and nothing well anyways hope this helps:)

ooooooooooooooo
10-08-2013, 12:50 PM
or we could have a hulker/volge arkfall merged into 1! fun fun:)

ooooooooooooooo
10-08-2013, 12:54 PM
and another thought trion stop nerfing my ****! i dont hardly pvp you ned to set restrictions to pvp only im 75% possitive if you go through with the perk rework ill never play again...im a pve guy or pvp when im in the mood lol

ziggi
10-08-2013, 01:50 PM
you can only do so many arks , and get timeout at arks. my humble opinion would be to put max priority on server stability. then worry about customizing, the issues in this game are endless. Arrrgh from the troll.

Tyrannos
10-08-2013, 04:23 PM
Hi everyone,

We feel that this thread has degenerated into a non-constructive discussion, so we've closed it. Please remember to keep your comments respectful and constructive at all times on our forums, even when you disagree with others.

If anyone has questions or concerns about this thread closure, please feel free to PM a member of the Community Team.

Thank you!