PDA

View Full Version : Disturbing sounds at Iron Demon Last Night! (Saturday)

Trixy
10-06-2013, 10:20 PM
Okay. So I'm at Iron demon at the Mod Vendor. When all of a sudden, and I swear to this, I hear the sound of a male gagging and vomiting - over and over again. Seriously.

I had 2 other members in my group who were elsewhere and I asked them to come listen. Sure enough, they both heard it. We search everywhere to try and find the source. Other players were running about and seemed to be searching for it also. It appeared to resonate from the Lock Box!

Had we not just spent our key codes on other lock boxes immediately before, I would have bought one just to see if a Legendary or something else popped out! Very strange.

Was anyone else there to hear that? I know the Dev Team has been enhancing player/NPC speech/comments. Could they be pulling a joke on us? And no, I was not tippy from adult beverages nor did I partake in any hallucinogens.

In-Game: SayG'bye

kendillin
10-06-2013, 10:36 PM
Bad dates.

alienstookmybeer
10-06-2013, 10:38 PM
I heard the same thing at Overpass. I was looking around and going wtf?

Kaiselius
10-07-2013, 12:23 AM
I don't know if it's related or not, but yesterday one of the pvp npcs at Miur keeled over for no reason and wouldn't autorevive.

WhiteF8ng
10-07-2013, 01:48 AM
LMAO. I've heard this before. It's the death moan being looped over and over again. But for me it's always a player and they're always just standing. I'm assuming they can't hear it...

crasher
10-07-2013, 02:16 AM
Had it occur to me twice.

Once while swimming around the last bridge right before the end fight in explosions 101. I had swum out too far and drowned. Extracted to the far side of the last bridge making gagging sound and dying every 30 seconds for 20 minutes or so, to extract again, no matter how far I tried to run or ride in a Cerberus.

2nd time was Bathhouse siege. Died and extracted to the south/east end, decided to stay outside and shoot at bombers on the walls from where I extracted to. Got blown over the bluff into the water by a bomber and couldn't get back up, so I swam out to drown. Extracted to same spot on the upper hill, and ran to the south entrance by the ammo cache to finish the siege gagging the whole rest of the siege.

Arran
10-07-2013, 03:19 AM
Iv also herd this at over pass. Figured was just a bug but was a strange noise.

crasher
10-07-2013, 03:21 AM
Iv also herd this at over pass. Figured was just a bug but was a strange noise.
Yeah, I first heard it at O/P about a month to 6 weeks ago, second time was last week or so.

Thearl
10-07-2013, 04:54 AM
That's what that was? I thought my sound blaster was bugged. I did a driver update. lol!

xilfxlegion
10-07-2013, 05:00 AM
i hear this every once in a while.

but last night, i was doing one of the dark matter missions, and when it ended i was hearing that noise. so i went to iron demon and was still hearing. had to log out and back in to get rid of it

Big Jack Shepard
10-07-2013, 05:42 AM
Bad dates.Indiana Jones reference.

I get a cookie!

Keeper Riff
10-07-2013, 10:42 AM
After the main mission The Heart of the Matter my character was teleported somewhere in water, died instantly and extracted with these gagging sounds following him. I had to re-login to make those sounds stop.

Nefarious
10-07-2013, 02:11 PM
Its a glitch. You can hear it if it happened to an other player or it could of been you yourself.

Im not sure of what causes it but I know of one way. When I was in a cut scene when redoing the story mission my brother saw me standing around, when really I was watching a cut scene. Well my brother was talking and I wasn't responding because I was in the cut scene and he wasn't. So he started shooting my guy since I wasn't talking back and he noticed he was damaging me. Well leave it to my brother to go ahead and try to kill me. And that's what he did. I came back to my guy dropping to the ground with a huge puddle of blood instantly splashing under me as I fell. When I revived myself I was stuck with the gag/cough.

We then went to Iron Demon since its the most populated area most of the time and I drove ppl nuts. Everyone was looking around trying to figure out what the hell was going on. I then told ppl I attracted the Afflicted virus and started chasing ppl. They didn't run because they believed me, they ran because the closer I was to someone's toon the louder they heard the gag/cough.

Arsenic_Touch
10-07-2013, 02:45 PM
Happens at arkfalls all the time. It's a sound loop bug.

Trixy
10-07-2013, 10:45 PM
Well, I'm glad we weren't the only ones hearing it. I'm surprised no one has brought this up before...or maybe I misses that thread.

LOL...disgusting sound. I know next time to restart the game to get rid of it.