PDA

View Full Version : Extra Life Rewards Questions Answered

jay_rab
10-07-2013, 07:25 PM
Questions for
We’ll be granting unique titles to Extra Life gamers. Everyone who participates will receive the title “The Charitable”, and players who clock 25 hours of game time in Defiance and/or RIFT over the weekend will receive an additional unique in-game title.
Extra Life and Trion are teaming up to celebrate everyone who helps hit our team fundraising goal. Trion Worlds team members who hit fundraising milestones starting at $25 will receive in-game goodies in both RIFT and Defiance as special thanks for helping out with this awesome cause.

1. How does trion know the username that is assigned with the Extra Life users?
Answer 1a: You dont need to sign up for extra life to get the ingame titles, just play during that time.
Answer 1b: Trion is working with extra life on the details, no answers yet on how they are going to link the accounts.

Questions for
We’ve got sweet loot for donors, too. Want to help a good cause, but not up for 24 hours of straight gaming? Fear not! The Trion Worlds team is taking donations. Over the next few weeks (and during the event) we’ll add more in-game rewards for participants. We’ll also be distributing prizes to top donors during the event, live on the stream.

2. Are you counted as a donor if you donate to any user who has joined the trion worlds team? or is there given people we must give to in order to be counted?
Answer 2a: Awards and giveaways will be done in the livestream, with more details to come.

I hope to have these questions answered and then updated, thanks for the info, also I am having trouble raising money, sent out 700 emails and still no luck if you would be willing to assist I would be grateful: Extra-life raising money for hospitals (http://www.extra-life.org/participant/jay_rab)

dahanese
10-07-2013, 08:11 PM
Good questions.

We'll have more details the week before the event, but we'll track your hours through our system. You don't have to sign up for Extra Life to get the titles. For the fundraising milestones: we're working with Extra Life on that. You'll need to be part of our team to get those.

For the donor benefits: more on that to come. We'll award stuff during our stream, to people who donate to those on the Trion team, and when we hit key milestones in fundraising.

jay_rab
10-07-2013, 08:19 PM
what if we are both a donor and a extra life participant? doesnt that mean we will miss out on any donor reward due to us being unable to get into your steam with us having our own?

dahanese
10-07-2013, 11:14 PM
what if we are both a donor and a extra life participant? doesn't that mean we will miss out on any donor reward due to us being unable to get into your steam with us having our own?

Maybe. You'll have to wait for us to finalize everything for the full details but chances are most folks won't get everything. We are trying to make super awesome and fun incentives and give everyone a chance to get cool stuff and have a great time but the main point of the day is to raise money for kids!

That being said, you can still donate to us and run your own stream (and even watch us on another monitor or on a tablet or smartphone! Hah.)

Lillith Valerian
10-08-2013, 09:11 AM
I want to donate money somehow, but I need to figure out a way how to do it. I saw other people that had done so, and their real names were showing at the bottom. I tried to sign up, and sure enough it demanded my real name and address. I was hoping I could just paypal someone and link it to my trion account.

It's not that I don't trust people, it's just that I....don't trust people. It seems like a game company is being hacked every month, but more so I've witnessed bad experiences with crazy people online once they get your name....

Shadow Andreas
10-08-2013, 09:16 AM
I want to donate money somehow, but I need to figure out a way how to do it. I saw other people that had done so, and their real names were showing at the bottom. I tried to sign up, and sure enough it demanded my real name and address. I was hoping I could just paypal someone and link it to my trion account.

It's not that I don't trust people, it's just that I....don't trust people. It seems like a game company is being hacked every month, but more so I've witnessed bad experiences with crazy people online once they get your name....

You can donate to me :) I'm on the team!!!!

Elastik Spastik
10-08-2013, 12:25 PM
Cant wait to play for 25 hrs straight. Mrs can't not let me too as its for charity.

N3gativeCr33p
10-08-2013, 01:25 PM

I could always use some more help... I'm only $15 behind OverloadUT, last time I checked... ;)

http://www.extra-life.org/index.cfm?fuseaction=donorDrive.participant&participantID=55454

jay_rab
10-08-2013, 07:33 PM
Question: since you dont know the details on how you are going to reward donors, is any donor eligible for rewards that donates to someone on the extra life trion team? or should they hold off donating to someone till they find out who how to make themselves eligible?