PDA

View Full Version : Another Question-Cluster Grenade

Piro the Knight
10-08-2013, 09:01 PM
-During 'Dark Matter' arkfall events, do Overcharge and Ego Boost add up together? Or does using the second multiply the first?

-If I'm using a 'manual detonation' detonator, that breaks into clusters of explosives, is it better to upgrade my minimum damage, or aim and hip damage?

-How come 80% of the players I see at major arcs are human male veterans with buzzcuts? I'm not sure if this is a glitch or connection problem, I've walked up to people at vendors and who are standing around, and normally when I get close they'll turn from whatever they were, into the above description.

-I don't fully understand the differences in link between Spanners, spanner protectors, and spanner trappers. The trapper slows my target, but doesn't link to other enemies, and the stingray links fine to other enemies

Following up to the spanner question, is it good to have high dmg and heal percentage? Because the mods and bonuses try to decrease it, but it shows it as a good thing for it to be high when switching them

Arsenic_Touch
10-08-2013, 09:49 PM
1. The green boost + overcharge do stack, you will only see the overcharge graphic though.
2. Neither, you want to use the radius overthruster (damage radius)
3. It's due to a hardware cap to keep the system from getting bogged down.
4. Spanner protector puts up a crappy shield that doesn't seem to do anything. Spanner trapper slows the target, spanner is just a regular BMG.

As for the other question, the damage and heal is based on the type of BMG.
Syphon accelerator barrel decreases your damage but increases the heals.
While the supressor increases the damage and decreases the heals.
Go with whatever you're using it mainly for.

Piro the Knight
10-08-2013, 10:12 PM
Thanks for replies to all the questions :)

For the last one though, I have no idea what the bottom stats are for all of the BMGs, the DMG charge, and heal charge.
The bonuses I have for my skill in them are both -6% to damage and heal charge.

The bonuses seem to subtract, but when I swap BMGs, it gives me the green light for BMGs with higher charge %s

Heinzlee
10-08-2013, 10:53 PM
Did some tests with another clan member with the BMG charge stats.

Far as we could tell, changing the percentage of the the dmg charge didn't impact the total amount of damage dealt with a full charge. If he used BMG on me, before and after the mod, I was left at a similar level of hp by the time charge ran out.

However, the speed at which the charge ran out was faster. Increasing the dmg charge percentage basically meant he increased his dps - since the total damage was the same but he could do it faster.

Pilot
10-09-2013, 03:51 AM
It's not you , I looked across the play area last night and there must have been 30 juice monkeys with buzz cuts looking back at me, they all looked the same, it was disturbing. It's been like that from the beginning, disturbing.

Thearl
10-09-2013, 04:46 AM
On the trapper - it doesn't really say it in the description like the tele-spanner does, but it doesn't link unless you get one with a +1 max link bonus. That goes for damage and heals. The tele-spanner is still useful without the linking because of the extended range.

VOT Spanners and Stingrays are good for three things
Chain killing skitterlings
Getting max keys at an arkfall
Annoying everyone with the overbloom

Piro the Knight
10-09-2013, 02:13 PM
but if the charge is how much % is spent per second, wouldn't it be better for it to be a low number? so you don't have to stop and reload as often?

A high charge would essentially be the same as a low clip, wouldn't it?

Chevota
10-09-2013, 02:37 PM
The Lower the Dmg/Heal charge, the longer it lasts... My Heavy Coiler (from Paradise Vendor) is down to 3 or 4% DMG Charge. it lasts FOREEEEEEEEVER compared to any other BMG.

You just have to decide how you want to play with your BMG...
~If you're looking to lvl BMG skills, a Heavy Coiler on Scrapper Forges/Hulkers is awesome.
~If you PvP with people, and want to help teamates, go with a Spanner Trapper. It will Slow the enemy, just have someone with you to dish out the pain. (Not sure if this counts as "Biological" which, i think decreases the affected's attack damage)
~IF you want to rack up Keys from Minor/Major arks, use a Spanner/Stingray to heal multiple target easily for "Full Participation" rewards... But know this iritates people. You dont have to constantly use it either, which most people do for some ungodly reason.

Shadow Andreas
10-09-2013, 04:52 PM
It's not you , I looked across the play area last night and there must have been 30 juice monkeys with buzz cuts looking back at me, they all looked the same, it was disturbing. It's been like that from the beginning, disturbing.

They're just clone troopers out of their armor in their Sunday best! :)