PDA

View Full Version : Simple explanation

Pilot
10-09-2013, 03:34 AM
I hate to be ignorant but what the hell is everyone talking about, EU and AU severs and what is a UI. Can I get a plain English explanation?

Arsenic_Touch
10-09-2013, 03:38 AM
There is no AU server. There's NA and EU.

NA = North American
EU = European

Pilot
10-09-2013, 03:41 AM
There is no AU server. There's NA and EU.

NA = North American
EU = European

Thanks. sorry its 4:30 in the morning no coffee yet

Magick
10-09-2013, 03:57 AM
I hate to be ignorant but what the hell is everyone talking about, EU and AU severs and what is a UI. Can I get a plain English explanation?

UI = User Interface it's the thing used for chatting and system information.

kendillin
10-09-2013, 08:14 AM
UI = User Interface it's the thing used for chatting and system information.

I guessed that right on my own! The monkeys are learning!

Pilot
10-10-2013, 07:52 AM
Kendeillin, I am new to on line gaming and to these chat systems, and I don't text message at all. I speak using complete sentences, not acronyms and short forms. I asked the question not expecting to get insulted; being called a monkey. You sir, have zero class. I do believe you may be the under educated one here.

kendillin
10-10-2013, 10:11 AM
kendeillin, I am new to on line gaming and to these chat systems, and I don't text at all. I talk using complete sentences not acronyms and short forms. I asked the question not expecting to get insulted; being called a monkey. You sir, have zero class. I do believe you may be the under educated one here.

You misunderstand me completely. I sir, am said monkey. Myself figuring this out as I go along, hence my statement. I apologize for that.
My only intent was self-levity.

Martin
10-10-2013, 03:32 PM
You misunderstand me completely. I sir, am said monkey. Myself figuring this out as I go along, hence my statement. I apologize for that.
My only intent was self-levity.One of the things the OP (original poster) needs to learn is that it is often difficult to determine intent with simple text. When a person makes a mocking statement, it is very often someone will misinterpret as referring to themselves.

So as new players, get used to paying close attention to such statement and don't take them personally. Often they are intended for the wider audience of the forum or game population and not intended as a specific insult.

That said, after you play for awhile you will find yourself talking in abbreviations and acronyms simply because taking the time to spell things out completely during a fire-fight will often be fatal.

Pilot
10-10-2013, 03:41 PM
My only intent was self-levity. I believe I also owe you an apology for taking the statement as I did. I do hope all this can be forgiven and forgotten.

Pilot
10-10-2013, 03:48 PM
One of the things the OP (original poster) needs to learn is that it is often difficult to determine intent with simple text. When a person makes a mocking statement, it is very often someone will misinterpret as referring to themselves.

So as new players, get used to paying close attention to such statement and don't take them personally. Often they are intended for the wider audience of the forum or game population and not intended as a specific insult.

That said, after you play for awhile you will find yourself talking in abbreviations and acronyms simply because taking the time to spell things out completely during a fire-fight will often be fatal. I wish to say thank you for my first lesson in forum chat. I'll keep this in mind.

kendillin
10-10-2013, 09:27 PM
I wish to say thank you for my first lesson in forum chat. I'll keep this in mind.
I've also learned to look at how my wording can be taken. To be fair, I don't have much class, or education.