PDA

View Full Version : DMG from above - How does it work?

Error404
10-09-2013, 11:30 AM
Now, this sounds like a stupid question until you start considering other factors.

1: Just how much above the enemy do you have to be for it to count as 'above'?

2: For cluster like weapons (Rebound cannon, Ground Pounder, etc) do you need to be above the enemy during the detonation or just before the cluster hits the ground?

3: Does jumping count and if so, what's the timing on it?

Couldn't find any indepth looks at this skill and as I've just pulled it on a ground pounder, would really like to know if anyone has tested this 'bonus' extensively.

FlippyCake
10-09-2013, 12:11 PM
I believe that you have to be at least 2m above the enemy for the bonus to apply, so that automatically puts jumping out of the question since you would have to jump higher than your characters height to achieve that.

chilipino
10-09-2013, 12:18 PM
I have a VOT Fragger with 9% damage from above and it kicks in when I jump and shoot a target. Same goes for an FRC Telespanner that I have with the same bonus. It's different from the Height Advantage perk. I have no idea about the grenade-shooting weapons though.

WhiteF8ng
10-09-2013, 06:19 PM
Unfortunately jumping does count. Because you know, the devs predicted PvP to be a bunny hopping spectacle so they made a bonus and perk for it... :)

And I'm pretty sure you can jump higher than your char's height...

Arsenic_Touch
10-09-2013, 06:24 PM
Jumping does count but you have to time it right.