PDA

View Full Version : Television Series Tie in Content

Skoda Zek
10-09-2013, 05:12 PM
Anyone know of any plans to re-activate the television series tie in content? Just started Defiance (although I purchased it at launch) and plan to watch all of season 1 while playing the game. Unfortunately it seems that the content that ties into the TV series has been disabled =(

Why would they do that? Anyways regardless, I also heard that they will occasionally reactivate the content for people who were not present during original series run. Anyway to get details when this might occur next?

Kaiselius
10-09-2013, 05:23 PM
They've said they do have a date in mind, but they haven't told us the specifics yet. My bet is either new years or the weak before season 2 of the series debuts. They've also said season 2 tie in content will be more like regular side quests, being up all the time rather than require dev activation.

Atticus Batman
10-10-2013, 01:33 AM
They've said they do have a date in mind, but they haven't told us the specifics yet. My bet is either new years or the weak before season 2 of the series debuts. They've also said season 2 tie in content will be more like regular side quests, being up all the time rather than require dev activation.

they are considering bringing back season one tie-ins permanently as well.

Atticus Batman
10-10-2013, 01:37 AM
Anyone know of any plans to re-activate the television series tie in content? Just started Defiance (although I purchased it at launch) and plan to watch all of season 1 while playing the game. Unfortunately it seems that the content that ties into the TV series has been disabled =(

Why would they do that? Anyways regardless, I also heard that they will occasionally reactivate the content for people who were not present during original series run. Anyway to get details when this might occur next?

They do that, because most MMO's have special limited time events and Defiance was following suit. I am fine with that, but they shouldn't do it with the actual episode tie-ins. The should make specific special event missions. They could be about certain game characters or they could be holiday events, it doesn't matter. It would give us actual special events to look forward to seeing on occasion though. It would also make the episode tie-ins permanent so those new to the game/show can do them when they feel ready to.

hardy83
10-10-2013, 08:49 AM
The episode quests being one time probably sounded good on paper, but didn't work out that well given how many people play games.

I'm okay with one time events. Like the vigil for the fallen people during the war, or whatever holidays exist in the Defiance world.

dahanese
10-10-2013, 11:32 AM

We don't have a date yet for when they are coming back but you'll be able to play them again!

kendillin
10-10-2013, 01:27 PM
The episode quests being one time probably sounded good on paper, but didn't work out that well given how many people play games.

I'm okay with one time events. Like the vigil for the fallen people during the war, or whatever holidays exist in the Defiance world.
"Armistice day" yeah like that.
I saw something about Halloween plans but who knows?

Husanak
10-10-2013, 09:52 PM
They need to do what Star Trek online does... and have Re-Run weeks. There content is called Weekly series, where they do a Trek episode once a week for awhile... now and then they will rerun a series over a weekend/week.

Atticus Batman
10-10-2013, 10:46 PM
They need to do what Star Trek online does... and have Re-Run weeks. There content is called Weekly series, where they do a Trek episode once a week for awhile... now and then they will rerun a series over a weekend/week.

they have. You missed it by a couple weeks. It was around the begining of August.

Husanak
10-10-2013, 11:58 PM
Nice good to know. I'm sure they will scatter them around here and there again.

Moogletime
10-11-2013, 06:52 AM
Are we actually going to get episode mission or just a bunch of data recorders and some lanterns to light?

sorry to complain but I have never seen such a bad attempt at content in anything, ever.

I remember being SO excited to have something new added with each new episode, such an awesome idea.

And the severe disappointment...with it all. The afflicted were ok...but man....such a terrible job in every other way.

Thomas1975
10-11-2013, 07:19 AM
We don't have a date yet for when they are coming back but you'll be able to play them again!

This is all we ever get, reruns.

Shogo_Yahagi
10-11-2013, 08:03 AM
This is all we ever get, reruns.

I'm somewhat hopeful that we will see new episode content before season 2 starts. I believe they've mentioned a couple of times that they are working with SyFy to produce new crossover content that will bridge the seasons to provide background info on what is going on between the end of season 1 and the start of season 2, similar to the way that we got prequel episode content before season 1 aired.

hardy83
10-11-2013, 08:19 AM
Are we actually going to get episode mission or just a bunch of data recorders and some lanterns to light?

Probably all three.
So...Complain away? lol
I enjoyed the content.

Moogletime
10-11-2013, 08:33 AM
Probably all three.
So...Complain away? lol
I enjoyed the content.

I have to ask....

What Content did you enjoy besides the new arkfalls?

The new raptor, and its amazing handling and crazy speeds, or the destructive force of its turret?

The new multiplayer arenas, where I can battle countless waves of enemies with friends (and it runs so lag free as well!)

Lanterns we can hold "x" on and float away?

All 40 data recorders hidden away in the magical landscape for us to adventure into and find?

I remember liking 3 things....

-Plauge stuff/sieges (10x better than volge)
-The Rynn mission (short and crappy, but it WAS an episode mission....)

I cant even remember what the 3rd thing was....but I remember thinking it was ok, and episode related.

Thearl
10-11-2013, 09:05 AM
I cant even remember what the 3rd thing was....but I remember thinking it was ok, and episode related.

I did enjoy the Nolan pre-story mission. I did that one as EGO 300 or something and when we pulled the Nova gem from the mine, that was the first time I had faced a tanker. Shoooo. I bet I extracted 6 times.

hardy83
10-11-2013, 10:19 AM
I have to ask....

What Content did you enjoy besides the new arkfalls?

The new raptor, and its amazing handling and crazy speeds, or the destructive force of its turret?

The new multiplayer arenas, where I can battle countless waves of enemies with friends (and it runs so lag free as well!)

Lanterns we can hold "x" on and float away?

All 40 data recorders hidden away in the magical landscape for us to adventure into and find?

I remember liking 3 things....

-Plauge stuff/sieges (10x better than volge)
-The Rynn mission (short and crappy, but it WAS an episode mission....)

You were complaining about the episode missions, but you now throw in the DLC content. I'm confused what you're focused on now. lol

In terms of the episode content. I liked it all.
Was it mind blowing? No, but I wouldn't consider it bad in any sense.
Aliens Colonial Marines is bad. The episode quests were good to decent. :P
I don't mind the data recorders believe it or not. lol Though I would prefer story quests over data recorder, but would be fine to get both.

It loses points for not being permanent. I'm not a fan of story content being temporary. Which makes me dislike GW2 a lot. lol

In terms of the DLC, the one we have so far. Meh. I wouldn't say it's bad, but it's nothing amazing either. Passable. :P
What little story was in it was nice, but it wasn't enough to satisfy me.