PDA

View Full Version : New DLC - Is it worth it?

Joreel
10-09-2013, 06:43 PM
I'm curious now that the new DLC has been out for a while if people think it's worth it or now and why???

JPlay
10-09-2013, 06:58 PM
A weapon with no skill leveling or trade
A slow truck with no guns.....it was way to late to have a four person truck
Siege by iron demon that doesn't work after the 5 stage
Lagging and time outs at new arkfalls
Timeouts at shadow wars
Arena that took 2 weeks to work
Ya I still play great game

Rasilon
10-09-2013, 07:05 PM
Still no auction house
Nerfed the already ****e chat system
No new map
Almost no new content

Xtorma
10-09-2013, 07:11 PM
Depends on what your expectations are.

A very short storyline.
5 arenas like hotshots, but you use your own weapons.
A new faction merchant with melee weapons
A new character model.
New daily and weekly quests for the faction.

There are folks that are upset because they feel it didn't go far enough. Personally I am fine with it. I would suggest you go to youtube and find someone who evaluated it subjectively, and not listen to the butthurt or the superfans.

Xtorma

fubucious
10-09-2013, 07:58 PM
IMO all the best parts are the free part paid not worth it unless you want achievements or trophies

Kaiselius
10-09-2013, 11:16 PM
+The first arena is great for getting those 5000 kills with lmg, assault rifle, and shotguns. Especially since they "fixed" the previous big stone reach method.

Azubaz
10-10-2013, 01:49 AM
No

Blondin
10-10-2013, 01:59 AM
Did you see ppl coming back playing this game after dlc release?

Everyone was waiting for the dlc, everyone tested it, and just a few stayed, the rest are playing other games.

So you can conclude that this dlc doesn't worth it, tastes and opinions are a personnal mater, but when you see that nobody came back for this dlc, and that most ppl that loved this game didn't stay, you can say that this dlc is shtako.

For me it's 2 things :

Truck of doom : the craptor (with the crosshair but no turret)
Arena : the multiplayer coop new arena that you can only play solo...

Lol.

Atticus Batman
10-10-2013, 02:03 AM
Did you see ppl coming back playing this game after dlc release?

Everyone was waiting for the dlc, everyone tested it, and just a few stayed, the rest are playing other games.

So you can conclude that this dlc doesn't worth it, tastes and opinions are a personnal mater, but when you see that nobody came back for this dlc, and that most ppl that loved this game didn't stay, you can say that this dlc is shtako.

For me it's 2 things :

Truck of doom : the craptor (with the crosshair but no turret)
Arena : the multiplayer coop new arena that you can only play solo...

Lol.

Don't forget all the effort in the arena or moeny in tier 4 lockboxes to get the melee weapon that you HAVE to STAND STILL to use, and that has no skillset and the only mods for it cost real money and only change the color and with the salvage matrix the way it is, that's pointless to buy, especially for REAL money, not to mention the mod costs as much as the dlc to buy!

Tharcion
10-10-2013, 04:42 AM
Ya I still play great game...

Then presumably you know that...

Siege by iron demon that doesn't work after the 5 stage

...was fixed.

I'm actually enjoying the game more since the DLC release than before it.
The sieges are fun.
The arena is fun.
There aren't so many power-obsessed whiners about...

Skill
10-10-2013, 05:28 AM
There aren't so many power-obsessed whiners about...

Do not let the fanboys fool you. You need to look very carefully at what is offered for that $10,-, because the negative tone isn't out of the blue:

New playable race - cosmetic reskin to change looks to Castithan, no bonusses.
New story missions and game mode. - "storymissions" is exaggerated, just look for datarecorders.
New weapon types. - blade and charge weapons, obtainable via free-to-play content.
New game mode. - the sieges, which is part of the free-to-play part of the DLC,
New arkfall. - a new boss, which is part of the free-to-play part of the DLC.

Aside from this, some fixes for PVP-maps, duel-option and "improved" chat system which is sold as "DLC-content" (mind you, chat system became worse, but that's not the problem here).

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now, the problem which has bothered a lot of players is, if you PAY for this DLC, you will get:

- a new game mode called "Arena's", with an explanation in a 2 min cutscene and 3 datarecorders which is the "storycontent",
- a “starter pack” of charge weapons, which are so crappy that you would probably turn them into resources immediately,
- a new vehicle that is so slow and turns as a brick, you won't actually use it except to showcase you bought the DLC,

The Arena's are in no way sufficient to carry the "story content" and it's likely you will not find the DLC a proper value, because the good stuff is included in the free part of the DLC.

You should read linked review below, it states honestly that the DLC as whole might be good, but the paid content is NOT. This reviewer does a better job at it then I do.

http://www.invisiblegamer.net/reviews/defiance-dlc-1-castithan-charge-pack-review/

N3gativeCr33p
10-10-2013, 05:35 AM
Don't forget all the effort in the arena or moeny in tier 4 lockboxes to get the melee weapon that you HAVE to STAND STILL to use, and that has no skillset and the only mods for it cost real money and only change the color and with the salvage matrix the way it is, that's pointless to buy, especially for REAL money, not to mention the mod costs as much as the dlc to buy!

^^ Pretty much the reason why I'm not bothered by the fact I don't have one of those melee weapons yet.

On topic... I think the juice isn't worth the squeeze. Unfortunately for me, I bought the season pass before I knew that it would be so light, content-wise.

But I digress...

kendillin
10-10-2013, 06:48 AM
I bought the season pass as my way of supporting the game. Don't intend to use bit store. Besides DLC's are generally a rip off.

N3gativeCr33p
10-10-2013, 08:03 AM
I bought the season pass as my way of supporting the game. Don't intend to use bit store. Besides DLC's are generally a rip off.

Same reason why I purchased a season pass before any DLC was released, and I'll use the bit store once I see prices get lowered... but I completely disagree, not all DLCs out there are "generally a rip off".

Skill
10-10-2013, 01:26 PM
Besides DLC's are generally a rip off.

Trying to generalize is a poor attempt to deflect attention to what the question was. Is the DLC worth it? Answer is no. Are DLC's generally a rip off? From all the MMO's I have played, I can tell you, this is certainly not the case.

If Trion wants to sell DLC's to the customer, they really shouldn't depend on mercy buys.

ziggi
10-10-2013, 01:34 PM
unless something changes aloooooot no its not worth it. there are alot of references to whiners, trolls and alike is it too much to ask for a game that just simply works

I'm curious now that the new DLC has been out for a while if people think it's worth it or now and why???

Martin
10-10-2013, 03:57 PM
Besides DLC's are generally a rip off.
You apparently are purchasing the wrong games. Nearly all of the content in games I have played has been well worthwhile and a great addition to those games.

nitroz76
10-10-2013, 04:21 PM
Wait.. DLC 2 finally got released?

Atticus Batman
10-10-2013, 04:35 PM
Wait.. DLC 2 finally got released?

No they are still discussing the first Dlc.

kendillin
10-11-2013, 07:05 AM
You apparently are purchasing the wrong games. Nearly all of the content in games I have played has been well worthwhile and a great addition to those games.

I guess I have. I play on consoles. (Please don't start some war)
I did generalize. There are some wonderful expansions to be sure. There's also a bunch of re-hashed, re-skinned crap. I'm not adamantly defending the 1st dlc. It was extremely disappointing. I've paid more for less before is all.

woodie76
10-11-2013, 09:27 AM
I want my money back

Hojo
10-11-2013, 01:09 PM
I want my money back

i wish i could get my season pass money back, DLC 1 was a Huge Letdown what with the new ''Storylines'' . and what they have planned for DLC2 sounds boring to me, calling your own arkfall and going inside one ZzzZZz

i genuinely think they cant handle developing for the 3 systems

Sauria
10-12-2013, 05:08 PM
I bought the Castithan DLC a couple days ago and I can't figure out how to download it. A few people gave me web sites that they say I have to go to to redeem it but they only let me add ark codes. I did not get a 'code" with my online DLC purchase just a purchase number.
Help

Atticus Batman
10-12-2013, 05:16 PM
I bought the Castithan DLC a couple days ago and I can't figure out how to download it. A few people gave me web sites that they say I have to go to to redeem it but they only let me add ark codes. I did not get a 'code" with my online DLC purchase just a purchase number.
Help

Not sure about Pc, but on console, all you have to do is purchase it. It's like a 30 second dl, because all it is is the unlock key. The paid stuff is on server and that unlock key is Dl'ed to your account on purchase, and then you have access to the paid stuff.

Sauria
10-12-2013, 05:36 PM
Thanks. I hope it will do that. I haven't logged into it yet today. Maybe it will be there now.

nexy33
10-12-2013, 09:02 PM
with all the unfixed bugged trials and achievements save your money and spend on a less buggy game this wouldn't qualify as a beta