PDA

View Full Version : Question for Dahanese we didn't hae time to ask on Monday's Show.

Beck
10-10-2013, 11:37 AM
What is Trion doing, or going to do in the near future and extended future to bring back players who have left Defiance because of dissatisfaction with the product released and rebuild their confidence in the game/company/community for the long term?

I will likely have follow up questions as well.

dahanese
10-10-2013, 11:51 AM
We're already starting to implement this plan (although I think we need to churn out some more significant updates before it's in full effect.) Trick and I are tag-teaming this, for the most part. More updates about what we're doing and why, more updates to the game in general, and hopefully as things progress, more fun interactions with you guys (like what we're doing today in game) are all the first steps to this plan.

jimpugh
10-10-2013, 11:59 AM
Smoke and mirrors fix what is not broke break it and fix nothing promise the moon do nothing
Fire hire change hats and screw the Customer base cheesy thin content
Better games on the back of a box of cereal
Since I bought it ..... I will play it till the bus load of kindergarten programmers program their way into welfare lines

Holy Bahamut3
10-10-2013, 12:10 PM
I have a question, and I'm probably going to add it to this weeks question list for Friday as well. I just wanted to know if it was intentional for the Cannoneer synergy mods to be as rare as they are. I have yet to see one in any of the vendors?

rebtattoo
10-10-2013, 12:16 PM
I have a question, and I'm probably going to add it to this weeks question list for Friday as well. I just wanted to know if it was intentional for the Cannoneer synergy mods to be as rare as they are. I have yet to see one in any of the vendors? Odd, I see them all the time in my vendors. However, a few other types are illusive. A few of my clan mates and I will vendor hop and let each other know whats in them, as it seems we all get different items each time. Y'all might try it.
Random is what random is.

vizibledog
10-10-2013, 12:16 PM
We're already starting to implement this plan (although I think we need to churn out some more significant updates before it's in full effect.) Trick and I are tag-teaming this, for the most part. More updates about what we're doing and why, more updates to the game in general, and hopefully as things progress, more fun interactions with you guys (like what we're doing today in game) are all the first steps to this plan.

Yet another posts that says nothing. Just an elaborate version of "soon, we're working on it"

dahanese
10-10-2013, 12:25 PM
Yet another posts that says nothing. Just an elaborate version of "soon, we're working on it"

Not quite, but you're right, I didn't give specifics. Tonight Trick's going to be hanging with the 47th Legion on PC. We're working with MMO Reporter, KTAM, and Defiance Data (and getting some great feedback from them and individuals.) We're working on more posts like the contract updates and blog posts that have come out in the past couple weeks. We're stepping up the live streams to show more of what you want and answer directly the questions you guys are gathering for us.

Game updates are happening and will continue to happen. You know that. For the community building, that's the biggest thing. Around that, all of the above is taking place and will continue to because we've gotten great responses from it.

If you have suggestions for more stuff, I'm all ears, too. :)

duction
10-10-2013, 01:49 PM
This is a social game, get clan stuff fixed first.

Beck
10-10-2013, 03:13 PM
For K-TAM what we would really like to have access to is unused story/lore pre-DLC1. It was stated many times that there was going to be a lot of TV Crossover content, but really there was 3 events our of 13 episodes and we understand you had a lot of issues with server stability so maybe couldn't get it all out. Trick has stated many times that a Data recorder for as simple as it is in game is quite expensive to get out to the game clients.

K-TAM has dozens of people who have and are willing to lend their voices to our story lines and we can take those data recorder scripts and produce them our selves or create a mini story arc that uses the information in them. This in no way gives away anything that wasn't already intended to be given to players and shouldn't ruffle any feathers at Sci-Fi.

We have always wanted to be more story driven, there are already many sites covering the news. We want to share the story. We would also love to have Trion Staff voice characters in reoccurring roles.

Ever seen the last Air Bender Cartoon? Think Greg as the cabbage guy but selling sweaters. Something light and fun. We already have a Dahanese character being voiced by her friend Codex. But I am sure she wouldn't mind stepping aside. Trick could obviously play an Indogene, so we would make him a Sensoth, likely a nudist and call him Harry ;)

Valentine
10-10-2013, 03:17 PM
Don't worry Dahanese got my list of awesome ideas everything will be amazing! =p

crasher
10-10-2013, 03:21 PM
Don't worry Dahanese got my list of awesome ideas everything will be amazing! =p
I have faith in you, Kate. :)

Valentine
10-10-2013, 06:30 PM
I have faith in you, Kate. :)

It's in my Sig if you want to look at it =3