PDA

View Full Version : Is chat still f***** up?

Chivaro
04-02-2013, 05:29 AM
I will create my character a bit later on, but I was just wondering, is chat still a failure? Have they fixed anything at all since beta, regarding the communication? One major criticism I had was that it felt like a singleplayer game, because chat was messed up and nobody ever spoke, because you are unable to see what people have said, unless you clicked on the chat bar. That combined with the fact the game has no speech bubbles meant that communication was non existant between players, which really bothered me. Has anything changed at all?

Gohlar
04-02-2013, 05:38 AM
I never played beta but last night chat was very broken.

Blackwolfe
04-02-2013, 05:39 AM
The chat hasnt changed whatsoever since the first beta basically.

Taaltos
04-02-2013, 05:39 AM
Eh, hate to say it, but, the build people are currently playing on appears to be BETA 3 build which wasn't even current with the Alpha build. BUT, it's not officially launch time yet, so, we'll see.

Gohlar
04-02-2013, 05:40 AM
The game has officially launched.

Chivaro
04-02-2013, 05:41 AM
I never played beta but last night chat was very broken.
ah you're joking. You would have thought that communcation in an mmo would be top priority. It almost sounds like they couldn't be bothered to fix it, because consoles don't need it.

Blackwolfe
04-02-2013, 05:45 AM
Yeah it has, though it seems the client still says its not, and we havent seen any real launch day patch. The only thing fixed so far from what I've seen between beta and release is that when activating the radio towers in the mission past "on the air", when the cutscenes end, you arent dropped from the air anymore... but thats about it. And from what I've read on the forums, feels like several old bugs have resurfaced.

Thunderclap
04-02-2013, 05:48 AM
Yeah it has, though it seems the client still says its not, and we haven't seen any real launch day patch. The only thing fixed so far from what I've seen between beta and release is that when activating the radio towers in the mission past "on the air", when the cutscenes end, you aren't dropped from the air anymore... but that's about it. And from what I've read on the forums, feels like several old bugs have resurfaced.
I have to agree. We have sometime yet

Oceanhawk
04-02-2013, 05:51 AM
The UI right now is exactly like it was in Beta 3. All the same issues are still there including the God awful chat. Just wait till you group up and get to hear your group members wives yelling at them to help out around the house instead of playing a game . LMAO

I got blasted in the forums for saying that the Beta 3 UI wasn't going to change before launch. Everyone seemed to think that the beta release was weeks behind the version slated to go live. Seems i was right after all and everyone else can suck a lemon ;)

Taaltos
04-02-2013, 05:52 AM
Yeah, grouped up with a long time gaming buddy of mine last night, he didn't know his mic was on, he was coughing and sneezing and what not. I muted him. Didn't realize muting him also muted his Text chat.

*sighs*

Chivaro
04-02-2013, 07:37 AM
Yeah, grouped up with a long time gaming buddy of mine last night, he didn't know his mic was on, he was coughing and sneezing and what not. I muted him. Didn't realize muting him also muted his Text chat.

*sighs*
Well hoping that we do stlll have a beta build, and there will be a big launch day patch soon. I can live with a lot of issues, but social functionality in an mmo is not one of them. Like I have said before, the other players might as well be replaced with npc's for all the diference it makes. Very disappointed.