PDA

View Full Version : Can characters on the same account trade?

john Richardson
10-11-2013, 03:18 PM
A friend of mine and I play on the same account, and we would like to trade weapons with one another. Is it possible for characters on the same account to trade weapons? If so, how? If not, what would be the best recommendation?

Dandrielas
10-11-2013, 03:20 PM
I don't believe so. You would have to use a trusted third party in order to trade your weapons.

Atticus Batman
10-11-2013, 03:20 PM
nope not possible. You will share a claim box in the defiance store but can't trade. You will have to get a friend on another account to log in and act as a third party. Trade with friend B, log yourself out and log in friend A, trade with B, rinse and repeat.

*Who insta-ninja'ed by Dandrielas! Well played.

john Richardson
10-11-2013, 05:48 PM
nope not possible. You will share a claim box in the defiance store but can't trade. You will have to get a friend on another account to log in and act as a third party. Trade with friend B, log yourself out and log in friend A, trade with B, rinse and repeat.

*Who insta-ninja'ed by Dandrielas! Well played.

Ok. I think the answer might be "no", but is it possible to have a character be transferred to another account? My friend & I don't know that many people in-game.

Atticus Batman
10-11-2013, 06:24 PM
Not that I know of but I guess you could always ask support, since they say the character is saved server side. If he has his own system, it may be easier for him to get his own copy of the game and start over. Keep his character and when his new one gets to that ego level then you can load his old character that's on your account and trade his stuff to his new character while he is logged in through that account. Unfortunately I don't know any other way.

SydSynister
10-11-2013, 06:24 PM
No, the character you created stays on that account. As far as I know, anyway.

I really wish they'd come up with a system to trade between characters... it'd make Defiance life a little easier.

Lillith Valerian
10-11-2013, 07:11 PM
My boyfriend gave up and quit the game a while ago, so I've been using his character as a pack mule to transfer equipment between each of my three characters. He wants to delete the game off of his hard drive to make room for others, so I'm not sure what I'll do after that. Switching equipment around can sometimes be an hour-long process for me....

What I'm really curious about is: Can a player link more than one copy of a game to their profile and existing characters?

Example: I bought the game, created a Trion account, linked it, popped all the codes, and I've created three characters since. Due to a lack of not-stupid outfits for my Irathian, I've decided the red pre-order armor would look really neato on her. I've seen cheap copies of the collector's edition for sale, that haven't had their redemption codes used. If I bought one, would it let me link it to my existing account and existing characters?

I'd really, *really* like to know....