PDA

View Full Version : Please fix the the lags and timing out

viperstryke78
10-13-2013, 08:20 AM
I'm getting sick of this. Trying to complete ONE major arkfall, and I get timed out(or booted) not once, not twice, but three times. Plus I got nothing for rewards(no keys, no EXP, nothing). Over twenty minutes wasted on total BS.

And don't blame it on my internet. My system is wired and connection was great.

Fix this problem, it's been going on for months.

vizibledog
10-13-2013, 09:51 AM
Its so frustrating. The other day I had a Dark Matter Major land right next to me, so I fought from the very beginning. Got through all the minor rounds fought the monolith and as soon as we fired the killing blow to the monolith and it was just about to fall I got disconnected :mad:. I quickly logged back in hoping to still get my rewards but got nothing at all.

greenmonster714
10-13-2013, 10:29 AM
This issue has been a problem since the beginning of Defiance. I once thought maybe it is my connection but everyone I play with on the 360 has timeout/disconnect issues not only at arkfall but at any moment of the game.

If you get a ...time out message... it is a good idea to dashboard your console and re enter the game. Otherwise the timeouts will continue. If you merely get the...defiance server is no longer available message...it seems to be okay to just re enter the game. There's no guarantee this will fix the problem of the time out but it seems to work for most people. Loosing keys and wasting time sucks.

Out of all the problems with the game this is by far the most annoying one. People have complained for months and the problem is still there with no solid answer or timeframe of a fix in sight from Trion.

vizibledog
10-13-2013, 11:31 AM
Thanks for the tip greenmonster714, I'll give it a try.

Sometimes the lag is that bad my Ego is still talking about an Arkfall 5 minutes after its finished lol.

hey u
10-13-2013, 11:49 AM
I did few things on my end and now I running so smooth and is so much fun to sit down and game for hours with no Das Boots or system locks!

I up on PS3

viperstryke78
10-13-2013, 12:50 PM
This issue has been a problem since the beginning of Defiance. I once thought maybe it is my connection but everyone I play with on the 360 has timeout/disconnect issues not only at arkfall but at any moment of the game.

If you get a ...time out message... it is a good idea to dashboard your console and re enter the game. Otherwise the timeouts will continue. If you merely get the...defiance server is no longer available message...it seems to be okay to just re enter the game. There's no guarantee this will fix the problem of the time out but it seems to work for most people. Loosing keys and wasting time sucks.

Out of all the problems with the game this is by far the most annoying one. People have complained for months and the problem is still there with no solid answer or timeframe of a fix in sight from Trion.

I've really noticed it after DLC 1 hit us.

Thanks for the tips. But we shouldn't need those if things actually worked right. It happens to me at the boss fight and logging back in makes me LOSE EVERY REWARD.

Trion, please fix this soon.

viperstryke78
10-13-2013, 12:51 PM
I did few things on my end and now I running so smooth and is so much fun to sit down and game for hours with no Das Boots or system locks!

I up on PS3

What did you do?

ralisti
10-13-2013, 01:01 PM
If you are waiting on Trion to fix something, you are setting yourself up for disappointment.

Sure they will say they are working on it. Sure they will pay lip service on their propaganda programs that it is a priority.

The fact is that about Trion has done since they released this game is put out propaganda to get unsuspecting people to buy the game while at the same time spending as little as possible to actually fix their bug ridden POS.

They have disappointed the majority of their player base at every turn.

'Fixing' things that were not broke, and in turn breaking them.
Pushing out patches that do not fix what they say they fix, while at the same time breaking other things (some of which were issues they actually fixed)
Remodeling something so they can call it new in order to distract from all the other things they blatantly ignore.

I do not know if they are just not competent enough to fix a game based on 10 year old specifications, or they just do not care enough to fix it. Either way, the company has done major damage to their reputation with this bug ridden joke of a game.

I know that in the circle I run in, Trion has become the butt of many jokes for failing to implement such a simplistic gaming model. They are not doing anything new or innovative with Defiance, yet have managed to fail to follow the path well traveled.

If they were smart, they would just release the source code so competent programmers could fix the game for the community, because that is the only way things will get fixed.

hey u
10-13-2013, 01:08 PM
What did you do?

http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?119750----Who-has-HARD-LOCKS-CONSOLE-FREEZES-Chime-In-Trion-Wants-To-Know---

Few things done but now I can game and I log out on my own free will and not booting me out or system locks or ahh screaming out loud

Sliverbaer
10-13-2013, 02:41 PM
Did you start a support ticket with Trion? support.trionworlds.com

I had started one last month and had done many trouble-shooting steps. Finally narrowed down to a memory leak in the PS3 version of Defiance. I was told that the fix is in the works.

I have asked that this information be posted on the Community Blog (as 'Official' info), but it has yet to happen.

I spoke to our developers on the matter and it seems you're correct that there are memory allocation issues with PS3s at the moment. I confirmed that this is a known issue and our development team is aware of and working to address this issue, and we hope to have a fix in place soon!

I've pretty much stopped playing on PS3 because of this and have only been playing on PC, which still isn't much. Would rather play my 3200 EGO character on PS3 than my 800 EGO character on PC.

vizibledog
10-13-2013, 03:02 PM
Did you start a support ticket with Trion? support.trionworlds.com

I had started one last month and had done many trouble-shooting steps. Finally narrowed down to a memory leak in the PS3 version of Defiance. I was told that the fix is in the works.

I have asked that this information be posted on the Community Blog (as 'Official' info), but it has yet to happen.

I've pretty much stopped playing on PS3 because of this and have only been playing on PC, which still isn't much. Would rather play my 3200 EGO character on PS3 than my 800 EGO character on PC.

Thanks for sharing this, it's the first I've heard of it. Perhaps this info should be posted in its own thread to let other PS3 users know of the problem.

greenmonster714
10-15-2013, 05:12 AM
Destiny can't launch soon enough. At least w/ Bungie these problems would be address and long forgotten.