PDA

View Full Version : Synergy attribute?

Neferonia
04-02-2013, 05:45 AM
I saw this in beta Synergy: Veteran Outlaw etc. I am now seeing them again. Can anyone tell me what this does?

Komakala
04-02-2013, 05:49 AM
Rare mods have synergy boosts, where if you use x mods of the same type you get a larger boost than if you were using different mods through the whole weapon. The naming of them Veteran and Outlaw is just so you can match them up. It doesn't require you to be that origin to gain the benefit of that synergy.

Neferonia
04-02-2013, 05:50 AM
Rare mods have synergy boosts, where if you use x mods of the same type you get a larger boost than if you were using different mods through the whole weapon. The naming of them Veteran and Outlaw is just so you can match them up. It doesn't require you to be that origin to gain the benefit of that synergy.

Thanks for the quick reply.

Blackwolfe
04-02-2013, 05:53 AM
I simply see it as Set bonuses, where each piece or mod with a synergy is part of a set.

Amnesia
04-02-2013, 05:53 AM
The naming of them Veteran and Outlaw is just so you can match them up. It doesn't require you to be that origin to gain the benefit of that synergy.Really? What's your source for this?

It seems strange that they would re-use those terms. There are only four words associated with origins and they could have picked anything else for the synergy names.

Valekrin
04-02-2013, 06:16 AM
Really? What's your source for this?

It seems strange that they would re-use those terms. There are only four words associated with origins and they could have picked anything else for the synergy names.

The source was a dev in the Alpha forums, it ended up just being poor naming for all of us, but it sort of made sense to them when you view the 4 different origin names on a grid and look at things from a standpoint of sustained fire, burst dps, etc. It was mostly supposed to help people determine what might be of the best benefit to their playstyle, but it turned out to just confuse everyone initially.