PDA

View Full Version : Harder Areas for levels?

killerbee04x
01-23-2013, 05:07 PM
Lets say it's April. I have my EX boost for 7 days. If i drive like a crazy will i find harder pray that will give out more EX.. OR is it all mission based leveling system. based on your level the mission gets harder..

Aaricane
01-23-2013, 05:25 PM
If i'm not mistaken, i think the world will very much be like other MMO games.

Have a starting area and you progress out of that into level appropriate areas.

shuckydarns
01-23-2013, 05:27 PM
Lets say it's April. I have my EX boost for 7 days. If i drive like a crazy will i find harder pray that will give out more EX.. OR is it all mission based leveling system. based on your level the mission gets harder..

I'm not sure if this can be answered by alpha and beta players because of the NDA, but it's a question I'd like to know the answer to as well.

Myll_Erik
01-23-2013, 05:29 PM
Something like what Aaricane mentioned - you'll progress through the world of Defiance where you'll encounter bigger, badder, and more intelligent enemies.

Cavadus
01-23-2013, 05:30 PM
There are no levels so there aren't higher leveled areas; stuff simply gets more challenging. You gotta keep in mind that the power curve between new and veteran players is relatively flat and progression is instead based on lateral options and deeper avatar customization.

There's a few reasons for this.

1. TV show content can be released to EVERYONE and not only a portion of players at a very specific power level.
2. PvP can be a viable activity for players right away.
3. Mob balancing is much easier and the devs don't need to waste time on automatic power leveling mechanics.

It's about having less barriers between new and old players. It's always really frustrating when a friend joins a game a few months after you've started and there is literally NOTHING you can do with each other.

Caios
01-23-2013, 05:36 PM
I'm curious how this will work with people of varying power levels. For example, are you completely locked out of certain content if your "EGO points" ( or whatever the main measure of power level is ) is too low?

Conversely, if you've progressed very far and have built up to a very high power level are you effectively blocked from lower level content?

One of the biggest problems I find with most MMOs is they make way too much content be level locked in some way, usually because it is impossible at lower levels or trivial at higher ones, making it pointless to play with friends unless you're both about the same level.

I want to be able to play with friends, either to join them when they're running much higher level stuff or to help them out when clearing lower level content. Is the game setup to handle that?

shoudra
01-23-2013, 06:45 PM
From my experience you'll be able to help lower level friends and like it's been said there are no levels in the game EGO points are for customizing not true "levels" as you might think.