PDA

View Full Version : Feeling Ignored

SxB_xPUDDYTATx
10-16-2013, 05:42 PM
I started playing defiance shortly after launch, and I loved the game, even with the constant dc's and hard locks on my ps3. through the months, I found one thing I loved in the game, and that was the grenadier synergy. I managed to put together a collection that includes 1 of each grenadier shield, 50 orange and purple grenadier (mostly double grenadier) weapons, and have held onto a flashnova and bio-nova pro for quite some time. I took a break a few weeks ago to play diablo, but kept my inventory mostly intact waiting to see how the grenade thing was going to play out. I figured it would pretty much devalue my entire inventory, but I tried to stay hopeful. with todays patch, and the fact that the additional rolls on all new guns have completely devalued my old guns, I feel like I have been double ****ed now. I have 6 useless grenadier shields, and 50 useless grenadier weapons. I cannot salvage them or sell them for anywhere near enough to even begin building a new collection, not to mention there really aren't any other synergies I like in the game so I wouldn't even know what to collect.

I am part of the community that actively protested the grenade change. but as far as I know its still going to happen. we have been ignored.

I am also a part of the community that wonders why, if you can retro-actively remove 200% melee rolls and revive refresh rolls, why cant you retro-actively add the 6th roll to old guns. we will be ignored.

I am probably the only person who does not understand the concept of "antiquing" and how it is supposed to be any productive part of the game. Id love a dev to explain, but Im sure ill get ignored.

I have been a gamer my entire life, and one thing that I have always looked at before buying any game was the producer. names like bungie, gearbox, and polyphony digital come to mind when I think of great companies. sadly, trion will never make that list, so although I am only one person, when you release your next game and I don't purchase it (im sure im not the only one, but will only speak for myself) I hope you don't feel like im ignoring you... im just refusing to support you again.

Overtkill21
10-16-2013, 06:46 PM
Yep Puddy this little patch is just great for guys like you and me. We traded and grinded and traded and grinded, we were good and loyal customers to Trion but now we're just Phase 1 players in the way of their fully milking every cent they can from the Phase 2 players....then come the Phase 3 players.

I'm sure they know it's diminishing returns but they lack the manpower to make meaningful changes to Defiance anymore...I'm fairly sure Jose the 75 year old myopic janitor was responsible for programming the aiming of the Volge Battle Rifle.

crasher
10-17-2013, 02:43 AM
Yep Puddy this little patch is just great for guys like you and me. We traded and grinded and traded and grinded, we were good and loyal customers to Trion but now we're just Phase 1 players in the way of their fully milking every cent they can from the Phase 2 players....then come the Phase 3 players.

I'm sure they know it's diminishing returns but they lack the manpower to make meaningful changes to Defiance anymore...I'm fairly sure Jose the 75 year old myopic janitor was responsible for programming the aiming of the Volge Battle Rifle.

Well, he did get his OJT by programming the aim on Flare Guns, so he was the most experienced guy they had left..