PDA

View Full Version : Questions after my first 5 hours (noobie who never did beta)

jlmitnick
04-02-2013, 06:16 AM
1) There appeared to be 4 currencies. Bits (which you buy with real money), then scrip, a green currency, and some currency that is like a key on a tombstone. What are all these things and how do you get them and what are they generally used for?

2) I assume the number under the weapon is the required EGO rating to use that weapon. It also seemed like every single weapon was for the most part a "sidegrade". What is a good way to tell which weapons are "better" than other weapons, or is that simply not how this game works? Is the game perpetual side grades? And if so, how are you supposed to get stronger to deal with tougher threats?

3) What is the difference between "experience" that you seem to get just by killing stuff, doing quests, etc., and "ego rating" which appears to only be gained through doing achievement style stuff?

4) The modifications thing was confusing to me...I had a bunch of mods (and a couple that said pistol), but I couldn't put any mods onto anything.

5) I assume you unlock more loadout slots and more perk slots at some point...how do you do this?

Thanks!

Metryn
04-02-2013, 06:21 AM
1. Bits are real money, Scrips are in game money, the Key is used for lockboxes, the green is arkfall salvage and can be turned into keys OR used to mod your weapons.

2. Sometimes it's a sidegrade, sometimes it's an upgrade. I had this wicked double barrel grenade launching shotgun in beta.

3. Experience goes into your weapons and weapon levels as well as your EGO rating. (I think). I know your weapons gain experience and you will boost your EGO rating.

4. The items can have 0 slots, you won't see any of the 4 pictures on the item view screen. Some will have 4 slots and it looks like

-
-
-
-

Which means that the slots are there, but not unlocked (green currency), others will have pictures in 1-4 of those spots depending on scope, barrel, etc.

5. Ego rating.

jlmitnick
04-02-2013, 06:29 AM
Thanks Metryn for the answers :)

ironhands
04-02-2013, 06:40 AM
ego rating is like leveling up, sort of, but it doesn't give you much in the way of stat boosts, if at all. every X ego rating levels unlocks a skill point. XP contributes to EGO, completing pursuits (trophies, achievements) also gives you EGO boosts.

Not sure when the unlocks happen, but every Y EGO levels you'll get more inventory, perk slots, and loadouts.