PDA

View Full Version : The JakOff Glitch

greenmonster714
10-17-2013, 10:18 AM
I think we have all witnessed this annoying glitch. If you haven't then you have not visited an arkfall lately. If your in the dark about what it is let me fill you in. The guys with swords..not all of them mind you. Are using a glitch during arkfalls which dramatically takes down crystals in most of the time less than a minute. If your at an arkfall and you hear the melee sound over n over and see a guy glued to the crystal...it is happening. Watch the crystal deplete rapidly.

This glitch should be patched. There are many people in the game who do arkfalls not only for the keys they issue but for the xp and kills needed for pursuits. The glitch is ruining it for others.

To combat this glitch until it is patched I suggest launching a decoy at the idiot or idiots glued to the crystal. The bugs, scrappers, or dark matter will attack them and most of the time stop them momentarily.

If you can...grab their name and submit a ticket. We gotta stop these whack jobs.

Spiltmilk
10-17-2013, 10:37 AM
Could you be mistaking the players using speed hacks with the ones doing the animation glitch. I didn't think they were related. I saw this during the twitch gameplay, pretty sure they are aware of this animation glitch.

http://www.twitch.tv/trionworlds/b/463706480
@Between 1h:55m - 1h:56m mark and onwards.

Mercenaria
10-17-2013, 10:56 AM
Estoy seguro que ellos ya tienen constancia , es un glitch de animacion , ahora bien solo lo pueden usar en arkfalls rojos ya que en los azules los ataques no tienen efecto o sea menos de la mitad de los arkfalls ya que el 75 % de arkfalls salen azules .
Molesta , porsupuesto que molesta al igual que los hackers en pvp , yo personalmente arreglaria el tema de los hackers ya que el pvp casi nadie entra y cuando consigues entrar te encuentras hackers que usan aimbot o wallhack .
El glitch supongo que lo arreglaran con un parche pero me jode mas encontrarme hackers en pvp .

greenmonster714
10-17-2013, 10:57 AM
Could you be mistaking the players using speed hacks with the ones doing the animation glitch. I didn't think they were related. I saw this during the twitch gameplay, pretty sure they are aware of this animation glitch.

http://www.twitch.tv/trionworlds/b/463706480
@Between 1h:55m - 1h:56m mark and onwards.

Whatever you call it. It should not be a part of the game. The people doing this accomplish nothing at all. In fact they ruin the arkfall by taking it down so fast. I doubt Trion intentionally allows this to happen.

Nefarious
10-17-2013, 11:00 AM
I think I know what this is. When I was using nothing but the Charge Blade in Shadow War I came across this.

its pretty funny how your guy rapidly jabs. When I would happen to do it, it would kill players in a second. I can see how the glitch can be kept up on a big non moving crystal/ark core and be spammed. Never saw it as a problem but I also never thought to do it at Ark Falls.

Its a fitting name to the animation 'The JakOff Glitch'.

Nefarious
10-17-2013, 11:01 AM
Estoy seguro que ellos ya tienen constancia , es un glitch de animacion , ahora bien solo lo pueden usar en arkfalls rojos ya que en los azules los ataques no tienen efecto o sea menos de la mitad de los arkfalls ya que el 75 % de arkfalls salen azules .
Molesta , porsupuesto que molesta al igual que los hackers en pvp , yo personalmente arreglaria el tema de los hackers ya que el pvp casi nadie entra y cuando consigues entrar te encuentras hackers que usan aimbot o wallhack .
El glitch supongo que lo arreglaran con un parche pero me jode mas encontrarme hackers en pvp .

Whats this weird Indogen language?

greenmonster714
10-17-2013, 11:05 AM
I'm guessing this glitch is bothering the Spanish community as well...lol.

RedXVIII
10-17-2013, 11:07 AM
Are you say how the Charge Blades hits for Crit on a crystal?

greenmonster714
10-17-2013, 11:10 AM
I don't know about this happening in pvp but somehow people are doing something to trigger it at arkfalls. A random dude showed me how they accomplish this. The player did something at an ammo box near a crystal. Then moved to the crystal and you could watch the damage bar disappear very quickly. I mean quick...like seconds and poof it blows.

Rincewind
10-17-2013, 11:47 AM
I found the (jak) glitch day one of dlc. Please don't ask how to
reproduce it, cause I'm not telling. I've used the so called
glitch many times but only on ark falls, and only when time is
about to run out. The jak is only usefull when doing it on static
objects. Eventually the glitch will be taken out of the game.
If the devs would like to know how the glitch can be reproduced
they can pm me and we will work out some deal. I am an ark hunter
so greed is in my blood. LOL

Let the hate begin.

Zugo
10-17-2013, 12:25 PM

Let the hate begin.

LOL good one, they could easily inform you that your account is suspended until you tell them the glitch.

Rincewind
10-17-2013, 12:49 PM
LOL good one, they could easily inform you that your account is suspended until you tell them the glitch.

I don't think trion would do that. But if they did that would
show there true colors. And until someone has video of me doing
the jak glitch, I could just be blowing smoke up peoples bottoms.

Azubaz
10-17-2013, 01:27 PM

Let the hate begin.

Lul the deal is going to be "Tell them or get banned," using such exploits/glitches knowingly goes against the ToS.

I don't think trion would do that. But if they did that would
show there true colors. And until someone has video of me doing
the jak glitch, I could just be blowing smoke up peoples bottoms.

Not about true colors bro, you're violating the ToS by using that exploit knowingly without reporting it.

Moogletime
10-17-2013, 01:54 PM

Let the hate begin.

lol, my entire clan does this, and im the one that told them to.

I also let everyone in the area know about it as well, so everyone can do it.

Don't like it? try n stop me lol.

Zugo
10-17-2013, 01:58 PM
lol, my entire clan does this, and im the one that told them to.

I also let everyone in the area know about it as well, so everyone can do it.

Don't like it? try n stop me lol.

This is funny when taken in context of the thread title.

Your whole clan "jacks it", and you're the one who told them to do it?

You then announce in area chat how to "jack it"?

If I don't like you "jacking it" I should try and stop you?

Moogletime
10-17-2013, 02:00 PM
If I don't like you "jacking it" I should try and stop you?

or join in, im always a fan or circle jerks

or help out a fellow ark hunter and lend a hand over here.

Azubaz
10-17-2013, 02:06 PM
or join in, im always a fan or circle jerks

or help out a fellow ark hunter and lend a hand over here.

From henceforth all hellbug Arkfalls shall be know as Circle Jerks.

maverick07
10-17-2013, 02:08 PM

Let the hate begin.

You mean the exploit where people get out of their cars or self revive spamming the quick slash with their swords to get it to glitch? Not like it's a secret, lol, a video was posted here of it a month ago.

Mudturtle Jones
10-17-2013, 03:09 PM

Let the hate begin.

If greed is in your blood why do you 'Jak' yourself and others out of the scrip and ark salvage you could be getting from all the mobs you aren't killing?

Rincewind
10-17-2013, 03:09 PM
Lul the deal is going to be "Tell them or get banned," using such exploits/glitches knowingly goes against the ToS.

Not about true colors bro, you're violating the ToS by using that exploit knowingly without reporting it.
I did ask for the devs to pm me so the ball is in there court.

Is it an exploit? I don't know. Maybe it's supposed to be like that. The charge blade is not that good to begin with, I mean
even the melee AI have a range attack. In any case I'm not scared, and if I do get banned I won't complain. I been wearing
big boy pants for a long time now. LOL

Rincewind
10-17-2013, 03:16 PM
If greed is in your blood why do you 'Jak' yourself and others out of the scrip and ark salvage you could be getting from all the mobs you aren't killing?

It's not scrip I'm after, only keys. Scrip is really easy to make, run the arenas, races, and every road mission. Now that's how you make quick scrip

Nefarious
10-17-2013, 03:34 PM
Its not even that crazy of a glitch. But no matter what ppl are not going to play smart for the greater good.

For instance I would go to minor Scrapper Ark Falls for killing 20 Forges pursuit. Before the Forge would spawn I would inform everyone in area chat that...

... 'Do not destroy the Ark Core. The Forges will keep spawning so we can finish the pursuit and wrack up Weapon XP.'

What does everyone in a rush to do? They just want to destroy the core. Everyone could of gained so much more if we just worked towards the greater goal, but no one cares.

And you don't need a ammo box to do this Jakoff glitch. But its not even that bad. I always break off and go to the Ark Falls no one else is at when it comes to Majors. When the crowd moves onto the one Im at then I move onto the next one just to avoid all the crazy noise and flashes.

ironcladtrash
10-17-2013, 03:37 PM
You mean the exploit where people get out of their cars or self revive spamming the quick slash with their swords to get it to glitch? Not like it's a secret, lol, a video was posted here of it a month ago.

Yeah that would be it. They already said they won't ban people for using exploits in PVP so why would they ban anyone for this? It's not a 3rd party hack.

Nefarious
10-17-2013, 03:48 PM
Here Im going to tell everyone how to do it. And considering how players like everything to be easy then Im willing to bet no one is going to continually do this glitch because their fingers will get tired and it will turn out to be more of a hassle because you will not be getting Weapon XP for the sake of destroying the Ark Core a couple of minutes faster using this glitch.

When you have your Charge Blade equipped you go up to a ammo box to interact with it. And before you are done start rapidly hitting your attack.

Your guy will be stuck between attacking and unsheathing the sword making you have a fast "jacking" motion with your hand, and thus essentially rapid firing melee attacks. But you gotta keep it up with the jacking lol or your guy will stop doing it.

You can also do it as you get off your quad. One of the moves I did in shadow war would be to bump someone with my quad and quickly get off to jack-jab them.

3rdpig
10-17-2013, 03:50 PM

Let the hate begin.

Your name is fitting, you have his morals.

Combo Breaker
10-17-2013, 04:04 PM
I put up a video of this before I quit playing. I still check back from time to time to see if things have gotten better.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l6VPClnPIRc

Genocide Kommando
10-17-2013, 04:17 PM
Whats this weird Indogen language?

Spanish.......

Skill
10-17-2013, 07:19 PM

The deal is you report the exploit/glitch and then use them as your heart desires. The shield glitch is considered PVP skill. It certainly isn't intended, but they won't ban you for it either. Unless you are using 3rd party programs to change data, Trion really doesn't give a shtako if you use exploits or not.

Chump Norris
10-17-2013, 07:33 PM
I can see how this plus every destroy the crystal Arkfall having an always open crit spot would down them quick.

Maixx
10-17-2013, 07:51 PM
The deal is you report the exploit/glitch and then use them as your heart desires. The shield glitch is considered PVP skill. It certainly isn't intended, but they won't ban you for it either. Unless you are using 3rd party programs to change data, Trion really doesn't give a shtako if you use exploits or not.

I don't think it is a won't ban issue, I think it is a can't ban issue based on their licensing with Microsoft and Sony.
These glitches are game flaws and believe Trion can't ban players for using them, they need do fix the game. Use of 3rd party software is a violation to Trion, Sony & Microsoft TOS and a ban-able offense.

Milkandcookies
10-17-2013, 08:21 PM
Well finally someone found the glitch... been waiting for soooooooo long for someone to find out this glitch.

Why should it be patched? Don't you know that there are other crystals that don't require you to destroy the crystal? There's another glitch in the arkfall where the sword can hit multiple crit. spots around the crystal, so decoy won't be effective since people can just move to a different spot on the arkfall. If people want kills, they can do it on another arkfall that doesn't require to kill the crystal, there are people out there that only want keycodes you know, don't sound like a greedy person and say many people prefer xp and kills then keycodes.

How are people idiots for finding the glitch out? Above all they should be called geniuses for it since it took FOREVER for someone to write about it in the forums.

Also, gives a funny approach to this game when you jak off to others or attempt to kill someone in pvp and in their killcam is you ja**ng off right next to their dead body. MUCH better than a noob t-bag. A professional would jak off and t-bag at the same time. Geeee, now am hopeing before they EVER patch this, is for someone to do this in pvp in everyone's killcam and show it to us in video.

Skill
10-17-2013, 08:46 PM
These glitches are game flaws and believe Trion can't ban players for using them..

All exploits are game flaws.

Well finally someone found the glitch... been waiting for soooooooo long..

First rule about Fightclub, huh?

.. submit a ticket. We gotta stop these whack jobs.

You're noob if you aren't using it.