PDA

View Full Version : If its not purple or orange its worthless...

Nefarious
10-17-2013, 04:03 PM
Does anyone else feel this way when looking for new weapons? Like before if I came across a solid green or blue I would use them. Because before the patch it was rare to find good weapons with good rolls that made sense. So if I found a blue with good rolls or had a green with a good mastery roll then those guns could hold their own in terms of value for me as a player.

Now, Ive come across some good blues since the patch but they just don't seem appealing enough compared to purples when considering the DMG buff and bonus rolls that guns now have.

Dandrielas
10-17-2013, 04:11 PM
I am with you. I have a nice blue FRC Bolt Action Repeater with assassin. Now though I don't use it because base stat wise the EMC Sniper Rifle from the consulate is much better even though I don't have the mods for it.

Bentu
10-17-2013, 04:19 PM
I've got a white assault carbine with 2 x 1.25 crit rolls and I put a crit barrel on it.
Bloody thing is awesome, I got 36k at a Volge seige the other night just quick scoping them for crits.

Just got myself an orange Charge blade from the arena vendor, what do you do with the bloody thing?

Nefarious
10-17-2013, 04:19 PM
I feel like the DMG buff on higher rarity weapons along with the guarantied extra roll they now get really tipped the scale.

I understand better colored guns getting more rolls but the DMG buff to the base stats is to much. If you want a DMG buff then I say hope to get DMG rolls.

Overtkill21
10-17-2013, 04:23 PM
It's allright, if there's one thing you can count on from Trion it is their ability to nerf.

These DMG buffs and then 15% DMG Buffs from rolls are just beggin' for the nerf bat...

crasher
10-17-2013, 04:42 PM
It's allright, if there's one thing you can count on from Trion it is their ability to nerf.

These DMG buffs and then 15% DMG Buffs from rolls are just beggin' for the nerf bat...
That was floating around in my head, but didn't get this close to solid thought.
I do believe you're right.

NicodemusTNT
10-17-2013, 04:47 PM
One must maintain standards. No greens or whites, and only blue if it has a name.

rebtattoo
10-17-2013, 04:49 PM
Whites and greens still have their place in the game, IMO. Lower level players will use them until they find better. Mid-lvl players will still use them to lvl up the weapon class, because they are cheap to remaster.

I've been thinking a lot about the dmg buffs. As much as I like them, and believe me, the carnage it now creates is a beautiful site, lol, it may have been a tad high. Sorry for the run on sentence!

Will have mixed feelings when it does get nerfed. LOL

Fight the good fight!

Doz
10-17-2013, 04:51 PM
I agree if it is not Orange or Purple then forget it.

ironcladtrash
10-17-2013, 04:57 PM
I can somewhat understand I have a blue VBI TACC with electric nano a double Crit 1.15 & 1.25 and Assassin synergy. It doesn't look as good next to a higher color one because of the damage. It's still good though because they didn't buff any of the NPCs for PVE or our shields for PVP. It was so hard before to find decent weapons because of the bad rolls and stats you would end up using green or blue. Purple and Orange should have always been better. I am still not happy they didn't fix my current stuff, but I really do like this new change. At least now I might be able to find better guns quicker with less garbage on the rarer guns.

Steel Fire
10-17-2013, 06:34 PM
I feel like the DMG buff on higher rarity weapons along with the guarantied extra roll they now get really tipped the scale.

I understand better colored guns getting more rolls but the DMG buff to the base stats is to much. If you want a DMG buff then I say hope to get DMG rolls.
Have to say I agree with this. Equal damage across the board was good, it left the rolls to be the progression factor. Doubled up, with the extent of the damage buff is a bit much. I figured the buff would be something like 1% per level, and that seemed manageable, but they blew that out of the water.

TE5LA
10-17-2013, 06:39 PM
Have to keep in mind the vast difference in cost to reset mastery on those higher weapons. Does the small extra bonus make it worthwhile?

And if I could get a purple or orange El Diablo, that would be great :)

Bonehead
10-17-2013, 06:48 PM
Have to keep in mind the vast difference in cost to reset mastery on those higher weapons. Does the small extra bonus make it worthwhile?

that would be great but they only come in blue.
It's one of my faves.
I will still use some blues depending on the item because they are a step up from what I was used to from day one till yesterday.
The whites and greens are sold as soon as I get/find them.

WhiteF8ng
10-17-2013, 07:21 PM

I'd rather the damage buff based on rarity than a damage buff based on EGO rating. Besides a 2x crit anything can out damage a purple of the same weapon any day. it'll be interesting to see what happens next as some of the rolls they introduced reversed some of the previous nerfs.

xilfxlegion
10-18-2013, 04:46 AM
Does anyone else feel this way when looking for new weapons? Like before if I came across a solid green or blue I would use them. Because before the patch it was rare to find good weapons with good rolls that made sense. So if I found a blue with good rolls or had a green with a good mastery roll then those guns could hold their own in terms of value for me as a player.

Now, Ive come across some good blues since the patch but they just don't seem appealing enough compared to purples when considering the DMG buff and bonus rolls that guns now have.

i pulled a purple vot blaster --- not a bad little gun.

then yesterday i pulled a blue vot blaster --- but, one of the rolls is +20 mag. this gun is better than my purple one, and better than the two orange blasters i have had since before the patch. so not all of them are turds

Bonehead
10-18-2013, 05:21 AM
i pulled a purple vot blaster --- not a bad little gun.

then yesterday i pulled a blue vot blaster --- but, one of the rolls is +20 mag. this gun is better than my purple one, and better than the two orange blasters i have had since before the patch. so not all of them are turds

the blues might not be worth much on the open market but they play really well with the new damage buff and green mods.

Zugo
10-18-2013, 07:56 AM
I used to sell blues post-patch.

Now I look at them to see the rolls.

Mass Cannon
+1 mag
0.40 damage radius
+2 mag

If you havn't tried the Mass Cannon with larger mag I suggest you give it a shot.

Midori Oku
10-18-2013, 08:43 AM
I can somewhat understand I have a blue VBI TACC with electric nano a double Crit 1.15 & 1.25 and Assassin synergy. It doesn't look as good next to a higher color one because of the damage. It's still good though because they didn't buff any of the NPCs for PVE or our shields for PVP. It was so hard before to find decent weapons because of the bad rolls and stats you would end up using green or blue. Purple and Orange should have always been better. I am still not happy they didn't fix my current stuff, but I really do like this new change. At least now I might be able to find better guns quicker with less garbage on the rarer guns.

While it may not look as good it still would put out way more DPS than most just because of the crit mults on it. A small damage increase is not going to make up for that when you're popping heads with double crit and assassin. Don't always worry about overall damage per bullet

Spiltmilk
10-18-2013, 09:14 AM

Ah yeah the El Diablo, it's such a shame it doesn't live up to it's name. Maybe sometime in the future they will let us personalize our weapon of choice with the trade off being it becoming non-tradeable.

For your first question, it's a good question and it will depend on each player. I pay the 25,000 salvage regardless, but only because I accumulated so much when mod slots were ~200k salvage to open. When you max the weapon's skill at 20, you won't need to reset the masteries.

ironcladtrash
10-18-2013, 09:15 AM
While it may not look as good it still would put out way more DPS than most just because of the crit mults on it. A small damage increase is not going to make up for that when you're popping heads with double crit and assassin. Don't always worry about overall damage per bullet

I agree with that. It still is awesome and does the same damage but now I want an orange double crit with assassin. I am also hoping though it won't be as hard to find decent weapons now that a lot of the garbage stats are gone. I do like that rarer weapons do more damage and have better stats. It should have always been this way.

Zugo
10-18-2013, 09:22 AM
I agree with that. It still is awesome and does the same damage but now I want an orange double crit with assassin. I am also hoping though it won't be as hard to find decent weapons now that a lot of the garbage stats are gone. I do like that rarer weapons do more damage and have better stats.

I think that's why everyone is having such a cow.

Everyone that was searching for awsome weapons pre-patch doesn't realize that nothing has changed in that regard. We are all still searching, but our odds have now drastically increased for better stats.

I won an orange shotgun from a tier4 last night that was almost perfect. The only roll I'm on the fence with was the orange mag roll which only gave me one additional round. I probably would have prefered the +damage roll instead, but what I ended up with was far from useless.

Shadow Andreas
10-18-2013, 09:24 AM
I think that's why everyone is having such a cow.

Everyone that was searching for awsome weapons pre-patch doesn't realize that nothing has changed in that regard. We are all still searching, but our odds have now drastically increased for better stats.

I won an orange shotgun from a tier4 last night that was almost perfect. The only roll I'm on the fence with was the orange mag roll which only gave me one additional round. I probably would have prefered the +damage roll instead, but what I ended up with was far from useless.

LOL...like I said...if you don't like it I'll take it :)

Dar Katan
10-18-2013, 10:08 AM
Is not Patch 1.105 what we were asking for? For weapons that are labelled "Legendary" to be, legendary? There is no reason to not like the patch because it makes Common, Uncommon and Rare weapons not as powerful. In fact it makes a better case to hunt for a better weapon.

As for pre-patch weapons being obsolete. I feel that some of the pre-patch weapons have become trash. But pre-patch they were still trash, we just did not want to admit it. Most of my pre-patch orange weapons are still very powerful, all they lack is the blue roll. If one roll is the difference between trash and keeper, then that is personal preference and not a universal rule.

Post-patch weapons I feel are giving each player a better chance at better rolls. Not to mention a little damage buff if they hunt for purple and orange weapons (which is also applied to pre-patch weapons).

Since the patch I have seen more people in game then I have seen in a long time. Whether that means Trion has upped the shard limits or it just means each shard is filled up more, I am not sure. In either case, players are responding by playing the game. I would call that a sign of a patch people were wanting.