PDA

View Full Version : Halloween and Defiance.

Nefarious
10-17-2013, 04:35 PM
Just came across this.. The tutorials can be applied to anyone. But how many ppl are going to know that you are a Irath or Casti from Defiance? Probably think you are a Klingon from Star Trek or a Ghost lol.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9vnkMIuHh6w

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NSkVcWjmgtc

vorxdargo
10-18-2013, 09:02 AM
speaking of seasonal events, anyone else hoping Defiance does something to get in the seasonal spirit? maybe have an event to give a seasonal outfit or something?

Zugo
10-18-2013, 09:09 AM
speaking of seasonal events, anyone else hoping Defiance does something to get in the seasonal spirit? maybe have an event to give a seasonal outfit or something?

YES

I hope they have something to say in today's livestream.

vorxdargo
10-18-2013, 09:26 AM
YES

I hope they have something to say in today's livestream.

let me know will you, i might be on another game or just hanging out in Defiance.

Rincewind
10-18-2013, 10:11 AM
I don't see the need for seasonal content. And when you say
seasonal do you mean spring, summer, fall, and winter or do
you mean a religious themed event like christmas. What's next
birthday gifts for your character.

Atticus Batman
10-18-2013, 01:05 PM

Yes please. Jon Cooper OWES us that much! All those times we saved his bacon, while he just lays there screaming "Point, THEN shoot!!"

vorxdargo
10-18-2013, 02:06 PM
its a big thing that draws in people to the game. you may not like it but millions do.

Nefarious
10-18-2013, 03:30 PM
If any kind of seasonal outfits come out I hope they are Defiance related. The Liberty Armor was cool. I would hate to see players running around with Jack O'lantern heads though.

duction
10-18-2013, 03:31 PM
trick already hinted at halloween armours in a live stream a few weeks back :)

Mudturtle Jones
10-18-2013, 03:37 PM

I vote for Hogwatch.

Steel Fire
10-18-2013, 03:45 PM
trick already hinted at halloween armours in a live stream a few weeks back :)
Yeah, but dahanese... I prolly murdered that spelling... already said there were some issues with the art and those weren't going to make it in time but they were working on some related content.

Bonehead
10-18-2013, 05:12 PM
Yes please. Jon Cooper OWES us that much! All those times we saved his bacon, while he just lays there screaming "Point, THEN shoot!!"

My fave is "I'm Peeing god damm it!"

I would like to see some kind of holidays tie in starting with Halloween (masks would be cool) Thanksgiving,Christmas and New Years too.
Never gonna happen but I can dream.

MistressLiliana
10-18-2013, 08:43 PM
I wish they would add some seasonal stuff, especially for Halloween. I did the best I could with what we already have and got myself an orange runner and am wearing the black and orange Bug Oil Mechanic outfit along with my Underworld Crime Lord skull hat. It looks pretty cool together actually.

Atticus Batman
10-18-2013, 09:02 PM
I wish they would add some seasonal stuff, especially for Halloween. I did the best I could with what we already have and got myself an orange runner and am wearing the black and orange Bug Oil Mechanic outfit along with my Underworld Crime Lord skull hat. It looks pretty cool together actually.

Give us Jack Skelington for the win!

http://wallpoper.com/images/00/35/70/25/jack-skellington_00357025.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ny33f3mSjHs

Clarity Page
10-19-2013, 04:49 AM
[QUOTE=Atticus Batman;1302221]Give us Jack Skelington for the win!

Respect for the Nightmare before christmas love, it would be epic to have jack & sally costumes but that'll never happen

vorxdargo
10-19-2013, 02:43 PM
what would be really cool is seasonal weapons, like a new charge blade that at the tip has a jack o lantern. or a launcher that fires them.
i've seen games do this before (Phantasy Star Universe comes to mind)

Charm
10-19-2013, 06:10 PM
i've been thinking about this event to and have come up with two major and one minor ark fall ideas

The two majors:
1. A giant jack o lantern with massive vines that have yellow glowing bulbs on them do critical damage. After all the vines have been taken care of, the holes on the jack o lantern open up revealing a candle on the inside burning brightly, shooting it does critical damage. And mini jack leg laterns (bad joke) spawn up and attack you. defeating The giant jack leg lantern (i've grown attached to the name oddly enough) drops a hallow-keys which are used to unlock a box o'death which contain event only weapon but i'll speak more about these closer to the end.

2. Undead Bio Hulker
For this major ark fall we that ark hunters will need to work togeth to take down this massive mountain of muscle and flesh, the bio man hulker is a bigger, more deadly version of a bio man enemy ( I have fought one before in game it was actually a challenge). This colosuss has two unique critical points one appears when the bio man goes into a rage (probably due to his team losing in COD) and a red pulsing heart with vains going all thoughout it's arms shows up. The other critical point appears after he finishes raging and his helmet pops off and his brain is exposed.
taking him down rewards hallow-key fragments and purple mods and weapons (this should go to show that he's not easy to take down).

Minor arkfalls ( I came up with three, I apologize for only saying one but my mind started to wonder)

1. Hell's Doorstep
In this minor arkfall, ark hunters will be defending a crystal from rampaging tri-headed demon dogs that spew fire out of each mouth (two shoot out a flame thrower like fire, and the top head shoots fireballs).

2. A Bat Out of hell
Ark hunters destroy blood sacs that are attracting razor bats ( big black bats with sharp dagger like wings, the elite versions are white).

Toxic Treat
Toxic elemental mutants are try to steal the green and orange shards of two extremely
rare and extremely valuable ark crystals. The ark hunters must kill the toxic mutants, collect the shards and load them into a titan, so they can be transported e-rep hq.

These minor arkfalls reward hallow-keys and blue mods and weapons with a chance to be rewarded a purple.

Hallow-Keys & Box O'Death:

Hallow-Keys
these are like keycode shards only they open rare box(s) o'death, and can be earned by participating in the holiday/fall arkfalls (your choice on which one it is).

Box(s) O'Death
These are special gothic boxes with a strange orange aura flowing around them and can onlly be open with the right amount of hallow-keys, they contain holiday/fall rewards.

Box O'Death Rewards:

Jack O'Leg Cutter (A charge blade with a jack o'lantern where the hilt attaches to the blade, the blade itself glows orange)

Sealed Fate (A bolt action sniper rifle that resembles the FRC Particle repeater, only it has a black gun metal base color with a matallic orange barrel and while aiming the redicycle is orange and the charge meter is a pitchfolk style emblem)

Dawns light (A gold and silver smg, it has a barrel made from a gold and silver vine coiled around eachother)

Till Dusk (A black combat shotgun with silver trim and skull for a base, and the barrels come out it's nose and eyeholes)

Never More (a long barreled,blood red,elegant cougar magnum styled gun with a gold revolver mag)

Wolf's Envy (A midnight blue semi auto pistol which features a silver wolf head emblem on the side)

The Raven ( A weapon which fires like the heavy carbine, it feature a black and purple gun metal finish, but does 500 damage)

Eternal Torment (A light machine gun, it resembles the volge lmg only the square barrels are massive triangles, it features a a black finish with green tipped barrels, a telescopic scope with a neon green reticycle)

Demon fingers (a blood red sawed off shotgun which features a blood red finish with black trim)

Mare Realm (a special rocket launcher that fires into the air breaks into shards, when the shards hit the ground terraformed
earth spikes pop up and do massive damage)

Hallow's eve (A special variant of the infector, the gun itself is orange with a green trim, however the infects caused are green and upon a enemy's death it spawns mini jack o' legs to that explode upon death)

Deathly strain (A bmg that features a black finish and glows blood red at full charge, onlu in addition to recharging shields it also recharges self revive as well)

Reapers wrath (a special detonator that fires three cluster grenades but only uses up one shot out of the clip, it features a neon green finish)

Soul flicker (A semi auto rifle that shoots out a glowing ark crystal shards, despite it's high damage per shot this weapon features a low mag, it has a dark purple and blood red finish)

Well this is my idea hopefully you guys like it, it took me 1 hour to write.
p.s I know some stuff is misspelled, please try to dismiss it, I went clouded headed after 45 minutes.
also if you wish to add to the weapon list and even add some armors and shields feel free to comment it.

Nefarious
10-19-2013, 07:35 PM
Those guns sound cool Charm. I doubt they will add them all for Halloween but maybe down the line we might see a couple of them pop up.

Hallow-Keys seems like a good idea. Keys that are not common and hard to earn that will unlock a special lock box of that will give 2 guaranteed orange weapons?

lol, they already had a un-dead hulker in game. :p

And I don't think Trion would add Halloween monsters in the game unless its lore based.

But I wouldn't mind seeing a Invincible Hatchet Man Mutant that roamed the world, chasing players and killing them in 1 hit. That would be scary just like in horror movies.

"He's coming! Run!"

Atticus Batman
10-19-2013, 08:54 PM
[QUOTE=Atticus Batman;1302221]Give us Jack Skelington for the win!

Respect for the Nightmare before christmas love, it would be epic to have jack & sally costumes but that'll never happen

Says you. Nightmare before Christmas is owned by Disney, and as we all know they will do ANYTHING for publicity/ratings/ and money. So it is possible. Who knows they could be the next sponsor! Goodbye Dodge, hello flash speeder!

http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20130315155604/disney/images/thumb/0/04/Flash_Speeder.jpg/640px-Flash_Speeder.jpg

From there we could get Jack!

Dandrielas
10-19-2013, 09:12 PM
[QUOTE=Clarity Page;1302339]

Says you. Nightmare before Christmas is owned by Disney, and as we all know they will do ANYTHING for publicity/ratings/ and money. So it is possible. Who knows they could be the next sponsor! Goodbye Dodge, hello flash speeder!

http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20130315155604/disney/images/thumb/0/04/Flash_Speeder.jpg/640px-Flash_Speeder.jpg

From there we could get Jack!

Where is that from? I remember it from somewhere.

kendillin
10-19-2013, 10:25 PM
what would be really cool is seasonal weapons, like a new charge blade that at the tip has a jack o lantern. or a launcher that fires them.
i've seen games do this before (Phantasy Star Universe comes to mind)

If only... Detonators could shoot pumpkins like hobgoblin. (Sorry batman)
'Nuff said! (Always wanted to do that)

Charm
10-19-2013, 11:16 PM
Those guns sound cool Charm. I doubt they will add them all for Halloween but maybe down the line we might see a couple of them pop up.

Hallow-Keys seems like a good idea. Keys that are not common and hard to earn that will unlock a special lock box of that will give 2 guaranteed orange weapons?

lol, they already had a un-dead hulker in game. :p

And I don't think Trion would add Halloween monsters in the game unless its lore based

Lol thanks I actually have a total of ten plus new weapons designs, I just figured those would be fun to put into the game for the fall/halloween (hope they'd continue it at least a week or two after halloween)

Yeah I completely agree, hallow-keys would give players a bit more to strive for during those heated major arkfalls. Plus I just like the name of the special lockboxes box o'death.
And I can relate, I opened a tier four box and got all blues, not a single purple.

I know that's why I was thinking they could use that model and make him bigger & stronger and just change the color layout.

And I figured that too, but it's still fun to pitch out ideas and who's to say some lore can't be built around them?
I mean they have caves, why can't giant mutant bats live in their?
O.o did you not like the toxic treat minor arkfall?

Also I tried to come up with some new minor stuff that they could create and send out into the world in a short amount of time. (cause the holiday is not to far off)

Atticus Batman
10-20-2013, 01:45 AM
Where is that from? I remember it from somewhere.

Star wars, silly.

Atticus Batman
10-20-2013, 01:56 AM
If only... Detonators could shoot pumpkins like hobgoblin. (Sorry batman)
'Nuff said! (Always wanted to do that)

Shoot pumpkins, or betray Batman?!

Btw here's a pumpkin for YOU, Ken! Joker says hi!

http://www.firstshowing.net/img2/halloween-joker-pumpkin-img.jpg

Gobby seriously, with THIS guy out haunting?!

http://www.kamisama.fr/minis/900x900-content-photos-batman-scarecrow-11471.jpg

kendillin
10-20-2013, 12:19 PM
Shoot pumpkins, or betray Batman?!

Btw here's a pumpkin for YOU, Ken! Joker says hi!

http://www.firstshowing.net/img2/halloween-joker-pumpkin-img.jpg

Gobby seriously, with THIS guy out haunting?!

http://www.kamisama.fr/minis/900x900-content-photos-batman-scarecrow-11471.jpg

Sign correspondence "nuff said" (like Stan Lee, I'm silly)
And not to start something, but... Seriously? Scarecrow vs either goblin? Really? (Guess winner is batman)