PDA

View Full Version : Siege tips

Dandrielas
10-18-2013, 08:42 PM
I have a question for everyone. How do you complete stage 10 for the Volge sieges? Every time I have tried to do one the timer runs out at 8 or 9. I guess I am asking what is the trick to beating the vast amounts of enemies for 9. Are we supposed to complete each stage within a minute in order to complete stage 10?

I am not sure what to do here.

thefndodge
10-18-2013, 08:48 PM
The secret is not free tacos, that's for sure....

Be online at a time when a lot of others are on. Wait to start it, till everyone's there. Use AR/SMG/Lmgs and be relentless. After a few tries following these rules you'll get it.

Dandrielas
10-18-2013, 08:51 PM

Be online at a time when a lot of others are on. Wait to start it, till everyone's there. Use AR/SMG/Lmgs and be relentless. After a few tries following these rules you'll get it.

I usually don't start them. I get there first and wait around, but someone usually starts it when they see 5 people are there which isn't enough. I even have the enemy spawns mapped out.

Bonehead
10-18-2013, 08:51 PM
there are lots of tips and strategy etc etc. Every time I have been at a siege that broke 10 it's been at peak time (friday eve is good) and there were tons of people there.I think thats the most important thing.

Bonehead
10-18-2013, 08:52 PM

Ohh man...
I love free tacos.

Calysia
10-18-2013, 08:53 PM
It's a group thing...so all you can do really is try your best and hope everyone else does also.

I find that I score the most by defending one node and not running around chasing Volge. If a mob moves out of my view I go to another. Also make sure the turrets are upgraded. As thefndodge notes...weapon types play a large role. Put your pistols, shotguns away and get the rapid fire guns out.

Dandrielas
10-18-2013, 08:53 PM
there are lots of tips and strategy etc etc. Every time I have been at a siege that broke 10 it's been at peak time (friday eve is good) and there were tons of people there.I think thats the most important thing.

How much is a lot then. I have seen 20 people before and nothing still.

thefndodge
10-18-2013, 08:54 PM

He's right. The secret is the amount if people.

Dandrielas
10-18-2013, 08:56 PM
I usually take out my Saw when I am at a siege, so that isn't an issue. I also stay at one point during it for maximum effectiveness.

Arsenic_Touch
10-18-2013, 09:21 PM
People seem to think more numbers is the answer. It's not true.

With the right weapons, proper loadouts and strategy, 10 people can easily hit 10 or higher in the siege levels.
Fast firing weapons with high reloads combined with ego regains so you can almost constantly run overcharge is the key to success.

3 people can lock down a single point if they focus.

alienstookmybeer
10-18-2013, 10:01 PM
Bath House isn't the best place to try and get through 10 stages. I'd suggest an easier location and somewhere with more people. On PC-NA it's probably easiest at Mutants. I usually don't see past 10 stages at Bath House though tonight a bunch of us hit 14.

Dandrielas
10-18-2013, 10:12 PM
Ok. I am going to try another location then and modify my build some. Thank you for the advice everyone.

TRMC606
10-18-2013, 11:27 PM
xbox EU we got to stage 11 at bathhouse, with 4 players total. Heavy AR & GL-1, overcharge, know the spawns.
Upgrade the turrets, they help a ton :)

Dandrielas
10-19-2013, 12:58 AM
xbox EU we got to stage 11 at bathhouse, with 4 players total. Heavy AR & GL-1, overcharge, know the spawns.
Upgrade the turrets, they help a ton :)

The turrets are always upgraded.

Bonehead
10-19-2013, 02:35 AM
Foe what it's worth the sieges I've made it past ten were at north point.

Yardragon
10-19-2013, 03:25 AM
I have a question for everyone. How do you complete stage 10 for the Volge sieges? Every time I have tried to do one the timer runs out at 8 or 9. I guess I am asking what is the trick to beating the vast amounts of enemies for 9. Are we supposed to complete each stage within a minute in order to complete stage 10?

i have noticed that ppl WON'T max the turrets out.
as soon as you capture a point...max the damn turrets out.

crasher
10-19-2013, 03:49 AM
i have noticed that ppl WON'T max the turrets out.
as soon as you capture a point...max the damn turrets out.
I do.
As soon as I get there.
Usually around stage 4 or 5.

Got to Kinship garage for stage 5 several days ago, and STILL loaded all the turrets from nothing.

bigguy
10-19-2013, 06:10 AM
all turrets maxed help alot , allthevolge for a particular stage must be killed fast if u let the timer run out instead of killing them u probably wont get there , you cant let them take over a point that slows things down take out the ones capping a point first and no matter how many people there are there must be focus and teamwork , you cant run out of ammo it takes too long to get to a box time is important and the more times you die the less time you are killing again time is important best of luck you will get it

xilfxlegion
10-19-2013, 07:04 AM
i use a green vbi smg --- because mine has syphon , two crit rolls and a damage roll.

my secondary is a vot blaster --- these are strong little sobs, but the reload time takes forever --- the preparedness perk is your best friend.

since the patch, i pulled a blue vot blaster --- with a +20 mag roll. so i put a fast loader mag on it ---

use these two guns, and you will get top 5 every time and the siege will go past ten every time.

Gale Klarnm
10-19-2013, 07:55 AM
like everyone said turrets help a ton, but the real issue is quality of people. This is the biggest issue in every pve except co op cuz its capped at 4. The scaling on the game goes out of control when you start to have large groups of people. like volge viscera with hundreds of thousands of HP. You dont want more numbers, like somone said the best way to do this is to have a small group of people at each point with the turrets maxed out. everytime you get really big groups and you see people using GL, BMGs, or the volge rifles because theyre still in the mindset that they need to max their weapons or that the high damage stat is all that matters on their big boom boom guns you have a person who is adding to the hp scale for the enemies without being able to come close to dealing their share of the damage.

So IMO the best is a comnination of all things. Get a small group that is loaded out to deal most damage as fast as possible. upgrade all turrets. Have a set point for each group and have them clear that before going to help another group clear their point.

Mess7739
10-19-2013, 12:36 PM

With the right weapons, proper loadouts and strategy, 10 people can easily hit 10 or higher in the siege levels.
Fast firing weapons with high reloads combined with ego regains so you can almost constantly run overcharge is the key to success.

This is very true, also max out turrets ASAP and then wipe out the lesser Volge. I prioritize anything near the Cap Points, then Bombers, then Troopers and then Viscera(regulars then elites), that way you'll get more players to hose down those Elite Viscera. Also try to stay in one area instead of running around all the time at the beginning of waves, you should be spending your time shooting not running around, towards the end of waves hop on a runner and zip to the enemies.

Skullsuku
10-19-2013, 12:50 PM
I like to wait until there r more people there but last night I was all alone and it just started by it self after some time. I was thinking of starting it just so it wouldn't expire, but didn't have to. I have also seen it start by some nit wit who is by themselves[except for me]. U really don't get to much for the first few stages any how, they just throw a few Volge at u.

Killuquick
10-19-2013, 12:54 PM
i use a green vbi smg --- because mine has syphon , two crit rolls and a damage roll.

my secondary is a vot blaster --- these are strong little sobs, but the reload time takes forever --- the preparedness perk is your best friend.

since the patch, i pulled a blue vot blaster --- with a +20 mag roll. so i put a fast loader mag on it ---

use these two guns, and you will get top 5 every time and the siege will go past ten every time.

Same here radiation tachmag, syphon blaster, respark, overcharge, now if everyone used similar setup you would get a very high stage !

Bonehead
10-19-2013, 04:40 PM

You are right of course Touch but it's not that easy to find ten random people with enough skill and exp to handle a siege.
My point was that if there are 30 or more at the siege there will be a higher chance that half or so will know their *** from their left hand.

I think with the new weapon buffs it will be easier to hit higher stages as well.
I was just at the bath house and we cleared stage ten.
WOOT.

ArthriticNed
10-19-2013, 06:45 PM

what platform are you on? if on xbox na shoot me a msg/party invite n i'll try to help you out

Maixx
10-19-2013, 06:55 PM
Foe what it's worth the sieges I've made it past ten were at north point.

Same, once hit stage 13 there, second time almost hit 12.

Only other pointer I have is grenade choice.
I use Bio-grenades, the damage ones (cluster, frag & pyro) don't do enough damage against Volge to bother, but the damage reduction from the bio's can let you go muzzle to muzzle with a couple Volge at a time.
Think of it as a defensive option.

Whippersnapper
10-19-2013, 07:08 PM

Technically this is true, but it won't work unless it's an organized guild or group of friends. Thing is, most of the time it's just a bunch unrelated people doing their own thing. So you need lots of people doing high DPS. In other words, you gotta get the word out about the best weapons & strategies to use, then hope for the numbers and people going with the flow instead of going for kills, etc.

Nefarious
10-19-2013, 07:17 PM
I like to play the Bath House Siege a lot.

On stage 9 the capture point area with the steps (usually is A) will get swarmed by the Volge. First a big group will spawn and come though the front door. A little while after a 2nd big group will drop right in the middle on top of the capture point, then an other group will show up and march through the back door.

If it gets out of hand with the first 2 groups and then the Back Door ones come in and you are in the middle then you and everyone at the point are dead.

The Back Door group is usually what breaks the defense there, if they get through then the Volge become to many. The Back Door group is lead by a Elite Viscera. So players guarding the back door will not be able to shoot the troopers behind him. He walks in front of them like a shield and they will march over on through.

What I do at stage 9 is that Ill wait in the back. When the Back Door group spawns Ill shoot them and make them follow me to the left side to pull them away from going into the capture point to give relief to the defenders inside.

And once I get some other players to come and help me the big group of Volge that I kited to follow me are now bottle necked on the path on the side of the building and a lot easier to kill off.

Basically you break their numbers up. Stage 9 seems to be the 'hump' stage to get over on Bath House. The other stages after that up till 15 are not as hectic in comparison.

Dandrielas
10-19-2013, 08:03 PM
what platform are you on? if on xbox na shoot me a msg/party invite n i'll try to help you out

I am on Ps3.

Thank you for the advice everyone. The last siege I was in we almost completed stage 10 at the bathhouse which is my usual area because I farm at Sutro tower. Nefarious is right though. Stage 9 usually takes forever because the enemies just swarm the stairs.

samuelsinn
10-19-2013, 09:02 PM
my tip. keep at it. sometimes at random you will make and pass round 10. thats how i did it. i happend to be in the right place at the right time. a sign that the siege will not go past 10 is the time its self. if your on siege 9 with 1 min remaning theres no way it will happen if your in round 9 with 2 mins 50 secs left and ur just going into round 10 there is a 50 % chance that it can happen . its just a matter of how many people are there. what weapons there useing. how fast the people around you are killing everything. how much lag you are geting and over all. time time time. the faster the rounds are compleated the faster and higher your chances are that you will beat round 10

Whippersnapper
10-19-2013, 09:04 PM
I got a question.
Some posts make it seem like players can "start" sieges. That is, trigger them.

Is this true? If so, how?

Dandrielas
10-19-2013, 09:07 PM
I got a question.
Some posts make it seem like players can "start" sieges. That is, trigger them.

Is this true? If so, how?

You stand near the ark core until the circle disappears.

ArthriticNed
10-19-2013, 09:25 PM
I am on Ps3.

Thank you for the advice everyone. The last siege I was in we almost completed stage 10 at the bathhouse which is my usual area because I farm at Sutro tower. Nefarious is right though. Stage 9 usually takes forever because the enemies just swarm the stairs.

My siege loadout consists of the Frontier Battle Riffle(from the Top Notch rep vendor, the purple version, fitted with Ext Rec/Pwr Bore/Controlled Burst/Stab Sight), a VBI Stingray(any, doesn't have to be anything special), Bionova Pro-55z(it's 0 det although its a bit glitchy so I'd recommend the Pro-52z) and a Rebel Energizer V Ark shield(was using a Rebel Bullseye V Ark but the EGO recharge is better IMO). Of course Overcharge. For perks I go with Single Minded, Killing Machine, Pumped Up, Kinetic Transfer, Nerves of Steel, Overload, Thick Skinned, Kill or Be Killed, and Time Out.

This setup never fails me. Even if you aren't able to get the Frontier BR yet a Stingray can be your best friend at any siege w lots of people.

Use a similar setup and the advice of these other knowledgeable players you'll get there.

I will be re-buying/re-rolling the Frontier BR until I get x1.04 DMG. Things a BEAST!

Dandrielas
10-19-2013, 09:27 PM
My siege loadout consists of the Frontier Battle Riffle(from the Top Notch rep vendor, the purple version, fitted with Ext Rec/Pwr Bore/Controlled Burst/Stab Sight), a VBI Stingray(any, doesn't have to be anything special), Bionova Pro-55z(it's 0 det although its a bit glitchy so I'd recommend the Pro-52z) and a Rebel Energizer V Ark shield(was using a Rebel Bullseye V Ark but the EGO recharge is better IMO). Of course Overcharge. For perks I go with Single Minded, Killing Machine, Pumped Up, Kinetic Transfer, Nerves of Steel, Overload, Thick Skinned, Kill or Be Killed, and Time Out.

This setup never fails me. Even if you aren't able to get the Frontier BR yet a Stingray can be your best friend at any siege w lots of people.

Use a similar setup and the advice of these other knowledgeable players you'll get there.

I will be re-buying/re-rolling the Frontier BR until I get x1.04 DMG. Things a BEAST!

I have been experimenting with different LMGs to see which one I like best for sieges. So far the thunder has impressed me. I usually run ground pounder as my secondary.

Whippersnapper
10-19-2013, 09:43 PM
You stand near the ark core until the circle disappears.
So just stand around the siege area?
What ark core circle? the purple circle? That goes away when the siege ends. Im standing around a siege area, but I don't see how that triggers anything

Dandrielas
10-19-2013, 09:48 PM
So just stand around the siege area?
What ark core circle? the purple circle? That goes away when the siege ends. Im standing around a siege area, but I don't see how that triggers anything

When you first arrive, you'll notice that there is a circle around the A. The moment you step in that light circle around the ark core. The circle starts to disappear. It is the same way you regain a capture point if the Volge take one out.

Or are you talking about just summoning sieges?

Whippersnapper
10-19-2013, 10:40 PM
Yes summoning sieges. Posts on the first pages insinuate that you can trigger them. Maybe I misunderstood

Dandrielas
10-19-2013, 10:53 PM
Yes summoning sieges. Posts on the first pages insinuate that you can trigger them. Maybe I misunderstood

Yeah, I think you misunderstood. There is no way to summon them. They are on a set timer.

Whippersnapper
10-19-2013, 11:11 PM
ok someone clue me in on that timer so I can do more of them.

Dandrielas
10-19-2013, 11:42 PM
ok someone clue me in on that timer so I can do more of them.

I think it is every hour, but don't quote on me it because it is just a rough guess from my farming breaks.

WhiteF8ng
10-20-2013, 04:09 AM
Sieges happen every hour after the LAST Siege has finished. So if your Siege finished at 8:13pm but the last Siege available is ongoing and will end at 8:27pm. Then the next time the Sieges return will be 9:27pm. From the Plague Sieges it's safe to assume they stay up 30 mins if left untouched.

So if players wouldn't be so spastic on starting Sieges when they get there everyone could coordinate where they want to go and get at least 2 Sieges in back to back. But there's always that one person... I tried it a few times on PS3. About 50% success.

Chevota
10-20-2013, 07:37 AM
A good standard setup, for even the novice of Sieges to use to do as good as possible is:

Double AR loadout, with Preparedness. I prefer FRC Assault Rifle, with a VBI TACC. The FRC has enough punch while Tacc give me long-range engages for a few extra pts... Combo them with Overcharge and Ego regen perks for how you play (Kill crit explosion boosts).... And a 0.5 Frag right at the feet of any Volge.

Turrets, and sit at 1 area until nothing is left, then move + sit. Dont waste too much time traveling back and forth from points.

Not much else you can do if people are spankin about with Berserker shotguns...