PDA

View Full Version : New weapons, bad rolls.

crasher
10-19-2013, 03:29 AM
Ok.
My first entry.

Fire Rate:
1.5 * 1.03 = 1.545.
It's approx 4 seconds between volleys, with both barrels fired at the same time, so the '1.545' figure is slightly misleading.

Viscera tremble at the merest thought that we might unleash such a fearsome weapon upon them.
=================================
Another keeper.

12 * 1.03 = 12.36.

** Just got this same roll as an option on a vendor CS-X at the generic vendor in TNTW. No, I didn't buy it.

Arsenic_Touch
10-19-2013, 03:50 AM
Most of the sawed offs I've gotten so far since the update have had fire rate or recoil. The ammo rolls are still borked, not that I'd expect them to get off their *** and fix them since they had the brilliant idea to nerf shotguns that way in the first place.

Bonehead
10-19-2013, 03:58 AM
jesus ****in christ on a stick
WOW that mag roll just ....
REALLY???

WhiteF8ng
10-19-2013, 05:22 AM
Seems someone jekked up the parameters for sawed-off shotgun rolls. Not sure if the conversion for shotgun mag from a percentage back to a standard number would require a client patch though. I'd imagine it would, since they'd have to nerf the existing standard number values into more balanced values as that's why it got changed in the first place. Ah, the days of the 24 mag tacc-autos...

TriGlav 2000
10-19-2013, 08:17 AM
Pump shotguns also have x1.03 mag increase, this definetly needs a fix.

alienstookmybeer
10-19-2013, 08:19 AM
The new x1.02 mag roll on pistols is even more useless.

Bar6arian
10-19-2013, 08:53 AM
So upset that shotgun mag bonuses are still broke.

Gale Klarnm
10-19-2013, 09:04 AM
Ya it's pretty cool, i picked up a wolfhound which was a nice find but then i realized it had a 1.02 mag bonus. Hmm what is two percent of twenty one? I guess that half of one bullet extra is really gonna have those raiders pissing themselves.

Azubaz
10-19-2013, 09:18 AM
Where did these people learn math? I thought it was required for any sort of programming?!?! These are mistakes a 12yo could recognize.

Would be better off using +1 and +2 mag if that is the real the intention. FFS if you don't know how to use percentages, don't.

maverick07
10-19-2013, 02:05 PM
The new x1.02 mag roll on pistols is even more useless.

Lol yep. Saw this on a TACC Autopistol and laughed. It would do absolutely nothing to any pistol in the game because every other bonus or mod for pistols is + mag. Surely it's a mistake?

Wouldn't even do anything to the VOT Blasters with their 20 round mag. Though the Blasters get a 1.08 mag for their White mag roll anyway.

3rdpig
10-19-2013, 02:18 PM
I played for a couple of hours last night, I did a major DM arkfall, a Volge Siege and a couple of minors and got nothing but this new garbage. It ticked me off so bad I quit and spent the rest of the evening playing ME2. There's no reason that this can't be fixed other than laziness, incompetence or they just don't want to.

Azubaz
10-19-2013, 04:21 PM
There's no reason that this can't be fixed other than laziness, incompetence or they just don't want to.

I going with incompetence.

crasher
10-20-2013, 10:37 PM

Do we need captions?

Bonehead
10-20-2013, 11:10 PM

Do we need captions?

This is the kind of thing that makes Trick and his team look really stupid. I know that is unkind but come on... REALLY??
Giving them the benefit of the doubt gets harder every patch.
I hope it's just some kind of placeholder or something because otherwise it really is pointless and stupid.

Atticus Batman
10-21-2013, 01:21 PM
This is the kind of thing that makes Trick and his team look really stupid. I know that is unkind but come on... REALLY??
Giving them the benefit of the doubt gets harder every patch.
I hope it's just some kind of placeholder or something because otherwise it really is pointless and stupid.

Tell me about it. Is it really that hard to make it so the mag bonus ALWAYS gives you atleast one extra bullet?

crasher
10-21-2013, 04:08 PM
Tell me about it. Is it really that hard to make it so the mag bonus ALWAYS gives you atleast one extra bullet?
Bonus is calculated on base value.
Base mag is 5.
The answer to your question seems to be 'Yes'.

Bonehead
10-21-2013, 04:11 PM
I played for a couple of hours last night, I did a major DM arkfall, a Volge Siege and a couple of minors and got nothing but this new garbage. It ticked me off so bad I quit and spent the rest of the evening playing ME2. There's no reason that this can't be fixed other than laziness, incompetence or they just don't want to.

Can someone tell me how a 5% buff on last round in mag works on a bmg?
I got that roll last night.
mass effect was a good franchise.
It filled the gap from borderlands to borderlands 2 for me.
Made me cry at the end though.

crasher
10-21-2013, 04:39 PM
Can someone tell me how a 5% buff on last round in mag works on a bmg?
I got that roll last night.
mass effect was a good franchise.
It filled the gap from borderlands to borderlands 2 for me.
Made me cry at the end though.
My guess is that they spent weeks revamping the system, tested one weapon, called it good and released it to us as a monumental effort.
I assume they're all home resting up from the last minute pulling-hair-out marathon, and wont check email to find issues for another week or so.
And I see LoCarb already has his hands full fixing the sieges for us (Thumbs up, LC...) so we can't wear him out too soon.

I hate to say it... really, but I love this game.
If they HAD to use a new game engine, and write it again knowing what they know now? --- I'd buy this sombeach again.
Really. I would.
I might even start a new thread just to say that.

Bonehead
10-21-2013, 05:16 PM
My guess is that they spent weeks revamping the system, tested one weapon, called it good and released it to us as a monumental effort.
I assume they're all home resting up from the last minute pulling-hair-out marathon, and wont check email to find issues for another week or so.
And I see LoCarb already has his hands full fixing the sieges for us (Thumbs up, LC...) so we can't wear him out too soon.

I hate to say it... really, but I love this game.
If they HAD to use a new game engine, and write it again knowing what they know now? --- I'd buy this sombeach again.
Really. I would.
I might even start a new thread just to say that.

Me too...
in a heartbeat.

Valentine
10-21-2013, 07:51 PM
So upset that shotgun mag bonuses are still broke.

I know right? Can a ***** please get her shotgun mag roll fixes? I've asked for this before this patch and it totally seems like something easy to do >.<

Bonehead
10-21-2013, 08:04 PM
I know right? Can a ***** please get her shotgun mag roll fixes? I've asked for this before this patch and it totally seems like something easy to do >.<

Oh my good God dam that one made me laugh

Azubaz
10-22-2013, 03:00 AM

They don't know whether it is supposed to be intended or not. It was a little OP in the beginning (+Mag), but the stat actually did something. Then in 1.14 they made it like it is now (+1.XX% Mag). We pointed out the horrible math, how the shotguns were getting no bonus at all. They said it was intended. THEN in 1.15 they changed it back to the OP stat roll (+Mag) it was in the beginning. THEN in the patch after that they changed it back to useless stat roll (+1.XX% Mag). So the bad math seems to be intended, just not very well thought out (like countless other things in the game). When you see you received a weapon with +1.XX% Mag they want you to be disappointed.