PDA

View Full Version : New Player

StockLoc
10-20-2013, 10:21 PM
Hey guys,

I'm a new player and I've seen the Angry Joe review about the game so I thought I'd try it out myself. Is it really as bad as he makes it out to be? If so, what feature in the game keeps you playing?

I'm just gonna play this until X Rebirth comes out.

Regards,

Stock Loc

Dandrielas
10-20-2013, 10:23 PM
Welcome. He was mostly pissed because of the down-loader issue which is fixed. I just enjoy the combat of the game mostly. It is very addictive.

hey u
10-20-2013, 10:36 PM
Does help to say what platform you are playing on. For me this game does not make my eyes tear up so much when/while I play it compared to most other games that make me tear up and must break from the game. Also back on 360 I now on PS3 but my friend got me into glitch/bug hunting in games and with this game it has been fun for the most part.

Rasczak
10-21-2013, 05:03 PM
Hey guys,

I'm a new player and I've seen the Angry Joe review about the game so I thought I'd try it out myself. Is it really as bad as he makes it out to be? If so, what feature in the game keeps you playing?

I'm just gonna play this until X Rebirth comes out.

Regards,

Stock Loc

I'd actually never seen that review and had to go look it up.

For the majority part, yeah-- he was right. I did feel his voice acting critique was a bit much, though.

Azubaz
10-22-2013, 06:22 AM
...but my friend got me into glitch/bug hunting in games and with this game it has been fun for the most part.

Probably the best purpose of this game, but if your into mostly non buggy games you've come to the wrong place. Lul I'd like to see someone try and find all the bugs in the game, would probably take a lifetime.

N3gativeCr33p
10-22-2013, 06:26 AM
HAHAHAHAHA... Angry Joe is one of the biggest drill rods on the internet, and listening to his "reviews" are the equivalent of getting a root canal with no anesthetic.

I've said it before, and I will say it again... people need to play something for themselves to form a PROPER opinion on whether a game's worth a purchase or not.

Elastik Spastik
10-22-2013, 07:27 AM
HAHAHAHAHA... Angry Joe is one of the biggest drill rods on the internet, and listening to his "reviews" are the equivalent of getting a root canal with no anesthetic.

I've said it before, and I will say it again... people need to play something for themselves to form a PROPER opinion on whether a game's worth a purchase or not.

I agree angry joe is a total turd. If your unsure, watch videos of a game and see if it would be to your liking. Thats what I usually do if I've not already pre ordered a game (I'll already know I will like it). Reviews are just from one person who is different to you and me. Everyone likes and dislikes different things.

Zugo
10-22-2013, 11:31 AM
Angry Joe? Just watched it, and he looks like a unfunny version of Angry Video Game Nerd.

Alot of these guys give bad reviews for the sake of being over the top with as many curse words as possible.

Dandrielas
10-22-2013, 12:22 PM
Angry Joe isn't that bad. I trust his reviews over those of IGN. Sometimes he is spot on while other times he is a little off.

N3gativeCr33p
10-22-2013, 01:18 PM
Angry Joe isn't that bad. I trust his reviews over those of IGN. Sometimes he is spot on while other times he is a little off.

I'll still take my own over either one of these two sources, thankyaverymuch.

Shadow Andreas
10-22-2013, 01:26 PM
I'll still take my own over either one of these two sources, thankyaverymuch.

I agree....it's like trusting the reviews on movies (those people don't know what I like). In the end you need to make your own decision on the game....it's not expensive so give it a try. You may find that you love it.....you may find that you hate it....but you will never know if you don't give it a try.

Dandrielas
10-22-2013, 01:28 PM
I agree....it's like trusting the reviews on movies (those people don't know what I like). In the end you need to make your own decision on the game....it's not expensive so give it a try. You may find that you love it.....you may find that you hate it....but you will never know if you don't give it a try.

The problem is I am not willing to spend $60 on a maybe I'll like it feeling. I need to see game play footage of it first.

Shadow Andreas
10-22-2013, 02:13 PM
The problem is I am not willing to spend $60 on a maybe I'll like it feeling. I need to see game play footage of it first.

I understand.....I don't buy a lot of games because there aren't a lot out that keep my attention for long. I just don't understand why people value the review of someone they don't know....who may not like the same things they like.

I have a friend who wouldn't buy Defiance because it got a 6......I finally talked him into it and he loves it. He would have missed out if he had simply gone with some "review".

I guess I'm just saying that right now Defiance isn't expensive so it's worth giving it a try if it even remotely looks like you may enjoy it.

Atticus Batman
10-22-2013, 02:25 PM

If you "MUST" have it when it first comes out fine buy it. I tend to wait until gamestop has a used copy of most games. Then I buy it used, because gamestop has a 7 day "no questions asked" return policy on used games. So buy used, if you like it keep it, if not return it before the 7 days are up. Just don't lose that receipt, while you are deciding.

Dandrielas
10-22-2013, 02:58 PM
If you "MUST" have it when it first comes out fine buy it. I tend to wait until gamestop has a used copy of most games. Then I buy it used, because gamestop has a 7 day "no questions asked" return policy on used games. So buy used, if you like it keep it, if not return it before the 7 days are up. Just don't lose that receipt, while you are deciding.

I only buy games when they first come out if I am a beta tester of that game. Most of the games I buy though are used.

Atticus Batman
10-22-2013, 03:18 PM
I only buy games when they first come out if I am a beta tester of that game. Most of the games I buy though are used.

Same here, unless the new copy is only like 5$ more.