PDA

View Full Version : -0.xx Bloom Tachmags post patch?

Chevota
10-21-2013, 02:29 PM
Havent seen one yet, only had a couple come through though...

Im just curious with a lowered Recoil roll now, maybe these may be a dinosaur... Still have mine pre-patch but, would be nice knowing i could upgrade eventually.

(Yes i know even if the Recoil roll is lowered, it may still be near-0, but im wondering if Negative bloom exist)

Overtkill21
10-21-2013, 02:33 PM
Negative Bloom has existed a while now...I have a Tachmag with -0.22 Bloom that I pulled way back in May.

I do believe that any Bloom below zero is pointless though and you end up with a laser either way.

Chevota
10-21-2013, 02:35 PM
I know theyve been around, i use a blue specifically for PvP...

I havent seen a New one yet though, wondering if they can get that low, or if the Recoil Roll is too low to make it negative.

Overtkill21
10-21-2013, 02:41 PM
I know theyve been around, i use a blue specifically for PvP...

I havent seen a New one yet though, wondering if they can get that low, or if the Recoil Roll is too low to make it negative.

I'd say they likely do I pulled a Grenadier one that had a recoil roll already and the bloom is at 0.01 - I haven't modded it though yet to see it go negative. Why do you think it won't? Were they supposed to eliminate the possibility?

(One small aside - I have a VBI AR with negative bloom too.)

Chevota
10-21-2013, 02:46 PM
Nice on the VBI AR... and no, there was no eliminating or anything of the such.

I used to get neg-bloom on 1 of every 2-3 Tachmags i came accross. Ive had about 5 of varying rarity that have had 0.1x Bloom, just havent seen neg-bloom yet is all...

We have had posts saying whether or not Old guns could be more valuable with the Old rolls opposed to the new. If New Tachmags cant get the equivalent Recoil reduction, then it might be the 1st case in which "Increased value" could be the case... I'm pretty sure they exist, just havent seen it, im sure 1 can come 2/3x Recoil rolls lol.

Chevota
10-21-2013, 02:53 PM
Furthermore, its really a non-issue. Instead its just a curiosity... a 0.18 Bloom isnt much different then 0/neg-bloom. I just havent hit on a really low Bloom/Syphon combo i like more then the blue i have.

Azubaz
10-22-2013, 02:44 AM
I prefer a little bit of spread on my tachmag, it helps hit moving targets easier.

Chevota
10-28-2013, 03:23 PM
Bump because I STILL havent seen one... Couple white and green passed by me, no -Recoil roll, but obv thats only 1 or 2 shots at it...

Also been playing a new toon which hasnt gotten any either... Do they exist? lol