PDA

View Full Version : game is out 6 months and has just 1 DLC ...

AmnesiaHaze
10-22-2013, 05:29 AM
does that mean that there will a new DLC every 6 weeks from now on or did i wasted my money for a season pass.?

N3gativeCr33p
10-22-2013, 05:51 AM
Good news: hopefully there will be DLC every six weeks from here on out.

Bad news: you probably wasted your money on the season pass. I bought the season pass, and it was so long ago I really don't "miss" the money that I spent. Get over it.

Overtkill21
10-22-2013, 05:52 AM
I'd love to answer this with my honest opinion...

...but I won't on here - those types of opinions will get you an infraction.

Irondiesel58
10-22-2013, 07:42 AM
Are you worried about wasting $29.99? If you are then why do you even play Video games. If you paid more then your a Chump. LOL. Stop crying already you haven't even been around long enough. DLC's when they come out so go play Halo again or COD. WWWWWAAAAAAAAA!!!!!! Just kidding sort of.

Moogletime
10-22-2013, 07:51 AM
Are you worried about wasting $29.99? If you are then why do you even play Video games. If you paid more then your a Chump. LOL. Stop crying already you haven't even been around long enough. DLC's when they come out so go play Halo again or COD. WWWWWAAAAAAAAA!!!!!! Just kidding sort of.

lol, what?

Does mommy pay for everything, so you have no sense of value? Are you some spoiled brat who doesn't understand the term, "hard earned money"?

Because $30 aint that much to you, it is the same for everyone else?

What a disgusting human being....

AmnesiaHaze
10-22-2013, 08:12 AM

i dont care bout the money tbh , defiance was worth the money i spent regardless , i care about the game and that makes me disapointed kinda that my (reasonable) expectations to have slightly more addon stuff to play (like coop maps) werent fulfilled so far, anyways i wish the trion team good luck with the future stuff , defiance really needs it the sooner the better

Chevota
10-22-2013, 09:29 AM
I have a strange feeling that... If/When the day comes that the game just has nothing left and still hasnt had all DLC releases/fixes, that anyone with "Dlc money" left... Will just be converted to Bits.

Say we only get 2 more DLC's (2 and 3), thats only 60% of the $30 Pass-holders got. So, you got "$18 worth" of the Pass... They may just hand out $12 in Bits to cover that $ spent. They can then say you were "Fairly compensated" for the money spent.

That or they will force out DLC's when no one is left and say "We put em out, not our fault you dont play anymore."

dahanese
10-22-2013, 09:56 AM
DLC will be coming more frequently than every 6 months from here on out - I'm working on more info for the other portions of Arkbreaker for you guys. We'll also have other content updates and coming in between DLC and are still hard at work on the tweaks and gameplay improvements you guys are owed.

hey u
10-22-2013, 01:24 PM
Yes 1 DLC. Do you really want more DLC or for Trion like they have been doing I say working on bugs and glitches out? After that is fixed and things are running more smooth for weeks on end HA HA DLC like non other for us I think.

Sanguinesun
10-22-2013, 06:35 PM
DLC will be coming more frequently than every 6 months from here on out - I'm working on more info for the other portions of Arkbreaker for you guys. We'll also have other content updates and coming in between DLC and are still hard at work on the tweaks and gameplay improvements you guys are owed.

The point made by the OP is that the remaining DLC's, to meet the current deadline of by the start of Season 2 of the show, would require Trion to churn out the remaining dlc's ever 6 -weeks-.

Are you stating thus with your response above that now the current deadline for the release of the remaining 4 dlc's will not be completed by the start of season 2? Im sure that wont sit well with the remainder of folks if that's the case.

Lillith Valerian
10-22-2013, 07:49 PM

Uncertainty reduced and faith refreshed. Thank you!

Arsenic_Touch
10-22-2013, 07:56 PM
The point made by the OP is that the remaining DLC's, to meet the current deadline of by the start of Season 2 of the show, would require Trion to churn out the remaining dlc's ever 6 -weeks-.

Are you stating thus with your response above that now the current deadline for the release of the remaining 4 dlc's will not be completed by the start of season 2? Im sure that wont sit well with the remainder of folks if that's the case.

I just don't see it happening. They have to come out with 4 DLCs, season 2 content and the in between DLC content to tie seasons together, and not to mention the episodic content for season 2. They don't have enough time to put out decent content at this rate. So either they're going to dial back the updates and give us the same crap that they gave us in the paid portion of DLC 1 and the episodic content for season 1 or they're going to have to delay the DLC (which again can't work according to their schedule)

I'm just not convinced that they're going to make "within the first year" or even before season 2 starts.

Sanguinesun
10-22-2013, 10:18 PM
I'm just not convinced that they're going to make "within the first year" or even before season 2 starts.

Im convinced as well they won't. The only remaining entertainment simply at this point is seeing how they'll dig a deeper hole for themselves as they attempt to kite their next set of reasons.:rolleyes:

kendillin
10-22-2013, 11:24 PM
They have until Dec31 2014. Read the fine print.

Bonehead
10-23-2013, 12:28 AM

so they got that goin' for 'em.

kendillin
10-23-2013, 12:34 AM
so they got that goin' for 'em.

Thank you. (I think)

crasher
10-23-2013, 02:23 AM
I believe the fine print that you're referring to was not always as such, and was not the information in the deal touted in the beginning when many were being enticed and sold the package.
Just sayin'.
:)

Arsenic_Touch
10-23-2013, 03:36 AM
I believe the fine print that you're referring to was not always as such, and was not the information in the deal touted in the beginning when many were being enticed and sold the package.
Just sayin'.

It also doesn't have anything to do with what Trion has said on more than one occasion. They said the 5 dlc will be out within the first year.

Blondin
10-23-2013, 03:37 AM
Just sayin'.
Exactly, they said "game" season 1 finish at the start of "show" season 2, around june or july.

Anyway, when I see Dahanese answer, I just can cry... Op is asking if dlc will go out every 6 weeks, Dahanese answer that it will be under 6 months... lol

Btw, when will they finish dlc 1?
When will we have multiplayer arena as promised, and a turret on craptor?
In 6 weeks or in 6 months? I guess in 6 years...

kendillin
10-23-2013, 06:35 AM
It also doesn't have anything to do with what Trion has said on more than one occasion. They said the 5 dlc will be out within the first year.

I get all that. But that's their obligation. Bet with all the lay-offs, the legal dept wasn't hit too hard.
I doubt they retroactively changed the season pass agreement.
I'm just being realistic. At this point, I'd say dlc3 will be the big season 2 update.
I don't like it either. But there it is.

Elastik Spastik
10-23-2013, 07:45 AM
Better late than never I say.

Chevota
10-23-2013, 07:45 AM
When will we have multiplayer arena as promised, and a turret on craptor?

When it is finally patched... and No turret will be put on the Raptor, people need to stop with this. Want a Warthog? go play Halo, enough with this already.

N3gativeCr33p
10-23-2013, 09:22 AM
Want a Warthog? go play Halo, enough with this already.

Imaginary +1 to you, kind sir.

kendillin
10-23-2013, 10:27 AM
Better late than never I say.

Yes Sir!
And...
Fight the good fight!

crasher
10-23-2013, 12:17 PM
Yes Sir!
And...
Fight the good fight!
For all the vets who left after growing tired of waiting:
Late IS never.

Atticus Batman
10-23-2013, 02:15 PM
When it is finally patched... and No turret will be put on the Raptor, people need to stop with this. Want a Warthog? go play Halo, enough with this already.

Exactly and Xbox marketplace is offering Halo 3 as the current freebie to gold members, until the 1st of November. If you want Halo stuff and are on Xbox go get that free game. As for the Raptor with a turret, we will NOT get it since they still can NOT fix the bugs from having just 2 in a map together (freightyard)!

kendillin
10-23-2013, 09:39 PM
For all the vets who left after growing tired of waiting:
Late IS never.

I get that too.
Kinda.
It's sad, but they chose to quit.
I'm sure they're happy doing whatever it is they're doing these days. (At least I hope)
I'll probably quit if Stahma shows up running around with a shotgun.
Well, no, but that'd be dumb.

crasher
10-24-2013, 12:36 AM
I get that too.
Kinda.
It's sad, but they chose to quit.
I'm sure they're happy doing whatever it is they're doing these days. (At least I hope)
I'll probably quit if Stahma shows up running around with a shotgun.
Well, no, but that'd be dumb.
There are a lot of games out there.
Trion needs to proactively keep people playing.
Or players will move on.

Is it the player who was a malcontent, or the gaming company that didn't compete well with the other games out there and lost the players?

When you look at the kind of numbers the game can boast of regarding players who quit Vs player retention, and then you mix in that management probably didn't decide to slash 80% off the price within months of release because they wanted to increase server load and reduce profits.

You might draw the conclusion that the gaming public is judgmental and wrong, and the company is doing everything right.

But you'd probably be incorrect from a business standpoint.
Successful companies tend to stay in business by keeping the customer base, and keeping them happy.
1.) Pissing customers off and acting like they shouldn't let the screendoor hit 'em on the butt on the way out isn't a recipe for a long running franchise.

1.a) Unless you're selling insulin and the customer base is a captive crowd in which case customer loyalty is assured regardless of management doing anything but putting sugar-water in the vials.

kendillin
10-24-2013, 04:44 AM
@Crasher.
You are, of course, right.
I tend to make light of things.
I've been in-game when some names I recognize have quit. It truly did sadden me.
I certainly don't think the company's done everything right.
I did my research before I got the game. (And I got it anyway)

And everyone moves on, eventually.
Otherwise I'd be trying to beat Zelda with only a boomerang or something.