PDA

View Full Version : For ME: The most important issue to patch is the broken mod viewer. Yours?

crasher
10-22-2013, 11:59 AM
Sure, the Chat is broken. That's not a 'patch', that's an overhaul of a entire module.

The Mod Viewer is the one issue of code they broke that most affects my stage of gameplay at E-43XX and E-14XX, and it's currently standing in my way of equipment development. Much dusting and cleaning in the inventory needs to be done, and without the viewer much valuable mod/weaponry will be lost because we just can't make better decisions with no info.

As it now stands the last patch made a fair amount of older equipment obsolete or less than desirable when comparing utility of old weapons to new. But much of the new weaponry since the patch still has troll-rolls, and lost nano in spite of the greatly ballyhooed revamp.

** To be honest, I assume the lost nano affects the lower EGO players, and is a sop to the higher EGO players. It's the gesture Trick made to show 'Higher EGOS' that there is a benefit to advancement.

The cost of blue mods combined with the scarcity of certain syns in particular mod configs makes the situation more annoying in that I've got a lot of syn'd mods on older weapons that are now made less than desirable with the new patch. So just blindly scraping stuff leads to way too many wasted mods that are already in our possession

I can't make an informed decision when breaking modded equipment down. If I had put mismatched syn on a weapon for utility at the moment, and now I want to re-prioritize mods and syn packages, just breaking stuff down means that a lot of modded equipment that is fine as is is destroyed with little reason. Sometimes I just needed something to work at the time regardless of the syn, or in many cases I just needed 2 matched mods to get the part of the syn I needed, and now that I have the luxury of more resources I want to reallocate stuff.

The fact that the individual bonus's in the modded section do NOT light up individually with respect to the number of installed mods of correct syn is an annoying kick in the nuts, too.

Whats the single most important issue of broken code affecting your game play?

Elastik Spastik
10-22-2013, 12:01 PM
My games never broken but it needs a lot of fixes. A LOT I TELL YA!

Mike Farad
10-22-2013, 12:24 PM
someone on the bug forum mentioned a workaround for this. if you want to see the synergy text again, salvage all the mods from the weapon, after it is done, logout, go back in and you should see the text again.
bad part is the weapon will be lost, unless you didn't need it in the first place.
so now i have to keep track on what mod is on what weapon manually so i know what it really is.
hopefully they fix it soon.

crasher
10-22-2013, 12:34 PM
someone on the bug forum mentioned a workaround for this. if you want to see the synergy text again, salvage all the mods from the weapon, after it is done, logout, go back in and you should see the text again.
bad part is the weapon will be lost, unless you didn't need it in the first place.
so now i have to keep track on what mod is on what weapon manually so i know what it really is.
hopefully they fix it soon.
Just to add to your statement, not to correct you:

I put 2 Assassin mods on an Assassin weapon.
I put an Assassin mod and a QM mod on another Assassin weapon.
3 weeks and a troll-roll patch goes by.
It'd be helpful to know which one to break down for scrap and which to keep.

In some cases the weapons might have brl/mag on one, stock/scope on other. Makes more sense to break down one to combine with other. If the rolls are different, it matters which one I break down.

In other cases, I want to build a new Assassin weapon with better rolls, which one of the two do I sacrifice?

In a 3rd case, I dont even know anymore IF either HAS Assassin mods on them.

Nupe, I don't know either.
Until it's too late.
These are assets in my inventory. WHY TF can I not SEE my assets?
:)

Zugo
10-22-2013, 01:57 PM
I've been using the retrieve mod option since this went all crazy on us. The old oranges are going to sit until they give us something, but the purples will just need to be sacrificed in the interim.

Atticus Batman
10-22-2013, 02:32 PM
I've been using the retrieve mod option since this went all crazy on us. The old oranges are going to sit until they give us something, but the purples will just need to be sacrificed in the interim.

Until I get a new purple syphon Vbi Ar, with rolls I like., my old one stays! Most of the other guns went to people who liked the self-revive rolls, and traded me new guns for my old ones.

Bonehead
10-22-2013, 03:14 PM
Phantom damage really burns me up sometimes.
I get through some heroic stuff with a couple of health bars left and from out of nowhere, really NOWHERE, I start taking damage.Sometimes with nano as well.
No mobs around to hide from or kill just a disappearing health bar and my toon on fire or syphon blasted to bits.
WTF

crasher
10-22-2013, 03:34 PM
Phantom damage really burns me up sometimes.
I get through some heroic stuff with a couple of health bars left and from out of nowhere, really NOWHERE, I start taking damage.Sometimes with nano as well.
No mobs around to hide from or kill just a disappearing health bar and my toon on fire or syphon blasted to bits.
WTF
Invisible gunner.
There are a lot of them at times.
The only thing you can do is vacate the AO ASAP, and come back later.

Given time and patience you might be able to take him out with a launcher and just spraying, but it's rarely worth the trouble unless it got personal.

ironcladtrash
10-22-2013, 03:39 PM
Trick actually said in the live stream 2 weeks ago that it wasn't a cosmetic error and the synergies are disappearing. I'd be willing to bet that when the problem does get fixed you won't get your current ones back.

crasher
10-22-2013, 03:59 PM
Trick actually said in the live stream 2 weeks ago that it wasn't a cosmetic error and the synergies are disappearing. I'd be willing to bet that when the problem does get fixed you won't get your current ones back.
I thought they said it was cosmetic, so clearly I could be miffed and vexed at this news.

I was under the impression that many are having good luck with the above mentioned 'break down/sell/log/buy' method, tho it seems convoluted, and didn't work reliably for me on several of the weapons that I know had at least a syn on them.

ironcladtrash
10-22-2013, 04:09 PM
I thought they said it was cosmetic, so clearly I could be miffed and vexed at this news.

I was under the impression that many are having good luck with the above mentioned 'break down/sell/log/buy' method, tho it seems convoluted, and didn't work reliably for me on several of the weapons that I know had at least a syn on them.

I would completely understand but honestly it could be 50/50 on if it was true or if it could be fixed. I have taken to collecting all the mods I want for a weapon first the applying all 4 at the same time.

kendillin
10-23-2013, 01:09 AM
I've pulled working synergy mods out of a working synergy weapon,and the mod didn't work in the next weapon. It's not cosmetic.

RogueNineCH
10-23-2013, 01:22 AM

Is that happening to everyone or just some people? Because I just upgraded my VBI Immunizer and put the one mod I had on it after scrapping my old Immunizer. It showed the Assassin Synergy on the mod so did I think anything of it. Is the Synergy there, or does it disappear even it says otherwise?

They really need to fix the mod viewer, especially if we now have to choose between new and old guns.

Kaiselius
10-23-2013, 04:51 AM
The memory leak needs fixing badly, sucks not being able to not do two or three arkfalls before everything gets laggy/the game kicks you and needs to be exited and restarted before it will let you back on.

Thearl
10-23-2013, 07:24 AM
On PC.... Top 3, and 2 are indirectly related.

During major arkfalls and sieges, you get 30 or 40 people around you and suddenly they all disappear, but the enemies are still buffed as if everyone is still there. If they had not increased the amount of cover around the minors, that would be insta-death to most players. It usually takes 20 seconds for everyone to gradually reappear.

General Steve

BMG over-bloom

crasher
10-23-2013, 10:17 AM
On PC.... Top 3, and 2 are indirectly related.

During major arkfalls and sieges, you get 30 or 40 people around you and suddenly they all disappear, but the enemies are still buffed as if everyone is still there. If they had not increased the amount of cover around the minors, that would be insta-death to most players. It usually takes 20 seconds for everyone to gradually reappear.

General Steve

BMG over-bloom
** Just started seeing #1., but at a much smaller scale.
The small A-fall instance or 'collect the pheromone/materiel' instances that occur at the roadside field between Kinship siege area and the radiotowers for the mutant/atlas daily pursuit. And they pop up after the siege.
Much smaller than 40 players, usually just me, maybe 1-2 others.

The badguys mutants, or bugs, appear/vanish/appear and give damage/rubberband there about half the time for me, now.
Everything is the same on my end since the patch, but I had to reinstall Win 7/64 between the DLC and patch.

I never had the issue before the DLC, I have it now, 50% of the time.

** Why is General Steve everywhere at 0200-0500 EST NA/pc when there ought to be fewer people playing and contributing to server load?
ESPECIALLY now at this point in the game population numbers?